PDA

View Full Version : :lol media shoving Ibaka injury down our throats

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-20-2014, 03:44 PM
We get it... they lost a great defender... Didn't hear a peep about our injuries when we lost to OKC 3 outta 4 times this year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKEgQS37ZHk

KaiRMD1
05-20-2014, 03:55 PM
*Media*

hater
05-20-2014, 03:58 PM
We actually won because Scott Brooks turned game 1 into a preseason game. Had he kept his standard lineups OKC woulda fared better. Most likely Okc lineups will go back to the norm with always a Collison o Adams in there to match up.

this small ball is degenerative to both teams and if continues... we both gonna get mauled by the Heat in the Finals

Mugen
05-20-2014, 04:02 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1j2g4W5Mq1qzi80do1_500.gif

scramby eggs
05-20-2014, 04:11 PM
wow. I had no idea Ibaka was the greatest defender in the history of the league

slick'81
05-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Well * time it's 99 all over again :lol

pawe
05-20-2014, 04:23 PM
If Marc Gasol, the 2013 dpoy looked silly against the Spurs last year. What the hell can Ibaka do against a more potent Spurs offense this year?

SupremeGuy
05-20-2014, 04:30 PM
lol @ people still living in 2012

spurs10
05-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Yeah we heard about injuries a lot when they talk about our record with them in the regular season. Get it now?

davidbowie
05-20-2014, 04:34 PM
i listened to Oklahoma radio for about 10 mins this morning and you'd think ibaka was lebron

Jimcs50
05-20-2014, 04:36 PM
WTF cares?

I want to win the championship.

Nobody will remember or care how SA won their 5th ring in 6 tries at the Finals.
Do we remember if Chicago caught a break some time during one of their runs to a ring? No, all we know is they won 6 rings.

UZER
05-20-2014, 04:47 PM
The wrong guy on okc got the mvp trophy

KaiRMD1
05-20-2014, 04:52 PM
WTF cares?

Nobody will remember or care how SA won their 5th ring in 6 tries at the Finals.
Do we remember if Chicago caught a break some time during one of their runs to a ring? No, all we know is they won 6 rings.

Thunder & Laker fans will remember. Hell, Dallas fans remember that Dirk was injured in 03, Suns fans remember that Amar'e was suspended for game 5

Jimcs50
05-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Thunder & Laker fans will remember. Hell, Dallas fans remember that Dirk was injured in 03, Suns fans remember that Amar'e was suspended for game 5

The fans of all the other 30 teams will not remember when they look and see that the Spurs of 10-20 years ago won 5-6 rings. History will show that the Spurs won a ton of championships, and they will not have to read any asterrisks when they see those championships

phxspurfan
05-20-2014, 04:56 PM
who cares if they give us an *. I'll be like, 5 *'s bitch!

Jimcs50
05-20-2014, 04:58 PM
who cares if they give us an *. I'll be like, 5 *'s bitch!

my point

heyheymymy
05-20-2014, 05:03 PM
how bout the media ask some questions to scott brooks instead like wtf were you gonna do if ibaka went out and all you had as contingency was adams and collison? i mean cmon, you think the spurs are 9+ capable players deep just for the heck of it? if one of our starting bigs were out we'd still have diaw to throw at the gap before resorting to our adams and collisons of the 3rd string (ayers, baynes, bonner) and even then we could throw a more capable small ball lineup with leonard at the 4 that's actually seen some mins together consistently in that alt lineup.

brooks/okc fo completely left themselves open for this, stood around and didn't develop diamonds in the rough, didn't tinker with alt lineups all reg season, didn't get enough depth in the offseason or from the harden trade.

what were you gonna do scott? okc is so fuckin thin, you think you can play a dynamic duo 30-40 min a night for 82 games and a 2 month long playoff? develop some bench players and gems, develop some alt lineups for certain situations, or maybe get more solid parts back for the solid piece you had to trade (harden)

Asterisk me up.

FkLA
05-20-2014, 05:26 PM
It is a devastating loss for them though. Not everything is about the media 'hating' the Spurs tbh.

Spurs could've still won the series with Abaka but it wouldn't be as easy as it was with 185 lb Durant playing center.

Budkin
05-20-2014, 05:35 PM
WTF cares?

Smith was fouled! :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFKhpMKX0E

moisaenz
05-20-2014, 05:35 PM
The wrong guy on okc got the mvp trophy

KaiRMD1
05-20-2014, 06:25 PM
how bout the media ask some questions to scott brooks instead like wtf were you gonna do if ibaka went out and all you had as contingency was adams and collison? i mean cmon, you think the spurs are 9+ capable players deep just for the heck of it? if one of our starting bigs were out we'd still have diaw to throw at the gap before resorting to our adams and collisons of the 3rd string (ayers, baynes, bonner) and even then we could throw a more capable small ball lineup with leonard at the 4 that's actually seen some mins together consistently in that alt lineup.

brooks/okc fo completely left themselves open for this, stood around and didn't develop diamonds in the rough, didn't tinker with alt lineups all reg season, didn't get enough depth in the offseason or from the harden trade.

what were you gonna do scott? okc is so fuckin thin, you think you can play a dynamic duo 30-40 min a night for 82 games and a 2 month long playoff? develop some bench players and gems, develop some alt lineups for certain situations, or maybe get more solid parts back for the solid piece you had to trade (harden)

Asterisk me up.

A lot of people still anticipate that Adams, the ol' sport, will come through and show against the Spurs what he did against the Clippers & Grizzlies

moisaenz
05-20-2014, 06:30 PM
A lot of people still anticipate that Adams, the ol' sport, will come through and show against the Spurs what he did against the Clippers & Grizzlies

They did not have Baynes..

UZER
05-20-2014, 06:43 PM
When another refernce to ibaka is made, a spurs player needs to come out and say, "we've had our share of injuries to major players in the past, including last years finals, and nobody ever cared."

weebo
05-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Yesterday it was: "Adams is a future HOF." :toast

Today it's: "We miss Abaka." :cry

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 07:13 PM
as long as we shove another LOBT in our case, i'm fine with that

Whisky Dog
05-20-2014, 07:34 PM
In 2012 Brooks had Harden playing absolutely lights out, top form of his career basketball while Abaka had a game or two way above his head as well. Now we get to see how good or bad of a coach Brooks really is as he has to get creative to give his team a shot. The Spurs can play better small ball and can play better big ball so unless Brooks really hits on something big they'll be outmanned no matter which way they go (assuming Spurs keep playing the ball they've played since game 7 of round 1).

100%duncan
05-20-2014, 08:57 PM
WTF cares?

Troof bombs

FkLA
05-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Troof bombs

Why do you have to have that douchebag as your avatar tbh ?

100%duncan
05-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Why do you have to have that douchebag as your avatar tbh ?

The Greatest Spur killer needs some jinx to be uneffective, I changed it last game while Fisher was suddenly Larry Bird tbh.

DJR210
05-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Thank god the injury was to Ibaka and not one of your beloved cats.

superbigtime
05-20-2014, 10:26 PM
lol, it's all we're going to hear during the game commentary as well. timmy, manu, tony they've all been injured and missed games or played with injuries. no one gave a fuuuuk. so fuck you thunder and lap up the karma.

05-20-2014, 10:38 PM
It's borderline disrespectful tbh

LoneStarState'sPride
05-20-2014, 10:46 PM
I don't give one single shit who's out for the Thunder or any other Spurs opponent. Not our fault that nigga Ibaka is fragile. Just like it wasn't the Grizzlies fault Manu was hurt in '11.

Anybody regretting Patrick Ewing missing the '99 Finals? NOPE

Jenks
05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
If anything Knick fans are regretting that John Starks didn't miss the '94 finals

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Typical media are always going to favor the big market teams.

dav4463
05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
If you tuned into the broadcast and had not watched basketball for a few years, you would believe the Thunder lost a Wilt Chamberlain style player.

Spur|n|Austin
05-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Typical media are always going to favor the big market teams.

OKC is small market too.

xmas1997
05-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Typical, no respect given the Spurs. So what else is new?
Most of us old timers are used to it and rarely give it a second thought.

rascal
05-21-2014, 05:10 PM
When another refernce to ibaka is made, a spurs player needs to come out and say, "we've had our share of injuries to major players in the past, including last years finals, and nobody ever cared."

Parker was running around like crazy. No injury excuse there.

rascal
05-21-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't give one single shit who's out for the Thunder or any other Spurs opponent. Not our fault that nigga Ibaka is fragile. Just like it wasn't the Grizzlies fault Manu was hurt in '11.

manu scored 20.6 points a game and played 35 min a game in the 2011 playoffs. Doesn't seem like that is injured to me.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Parker was running around like crazy. No injury excuse there.

:lol because an injury means that someone cannot run "like crazy".. even in a series elimination game..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-21-2014, 05:14 PM
manu scored 20.6 points a game and played 35 min a game in the 2011 playoffs. Doesn't seem like that is injured to me.

his arm got fucked up the last game and he had to wear a brace on it the entire series :lol do you watch the Spurs or are you just retarded?

rascal
05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Spurs have been really lucky being healthy during the playoffs for most years. parker and Duncan haven't missed any games since Duncan missed the 2000 playoffs. No other player has had a healthy run like Duncan and you can include Parker as well as the top two players healthy year after year.

Manu has been banged up but played as well as he does during the regular season or better in the so called injury year everyone likes to claim of 2011.

OK City has lost their 2nd and 3rd best players for the entire playoffs in two consecutive years, spurs have never had to deal with that.

rascal
05-21-2014, 05:21 PM
his arm got fucked up the last game and he had to wear a brace on it the entire series :lol do you watch the Spurs or are you just retarded?

If he was so messed up he would not have been able to put up the numbers he did. That whole thing was exaggerated by Spur fans, he was basically fine enough to play and to play as well or better than he did during the regular season.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
If he was so messed up he would not have been able to put up the numbers he did. That whole thing was exaggerated by Spur fans, he was basically fine enough to play and to play as well or better than he did during the regular season.

That's because Manu is that nigga and was one of the most clutch players in the game until his injury in 2013 :downspin:

rascal
05-21-2014, 05:24 PM
:lol because an injury means that someone cannot run "like crazy".. even in a series elimination game..

He was fine. he was running and scoring right after the so called injury. When guys are out or clearly can't play effectively then I'll give you he is injured but parker had a great game right after the so called injury.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Manu also missed game 1 of that series which became a very close loss... Battier knocking in the game sealing 3. you have to imagine the spurs would have won that game with Manu's presence, considering he was pretty much our best offensive player that season. having known that we won game 2, i would imagine that series could have gone very differently if we were up 2-0 as compared to 1-1

SpursFanInAustin
05-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Spurs have been really lucky being healthy during the playoffs for most years. parker and Duncan haven't missed any games since Duncan missed the 2000 playoffs. No other player has had a healthy run like Duncan and you can include Parker as well as the top two players healthy year after year.

Manu has been banged up but played as well as he does during the regular season or better in the so called injury year everyone likes to claim of 2011.

OK City has lost their 2nd and 3rd best players for the entire playoffs in two consecutive years, spurs have never had to deal with that.

Sean Elliott in 1998
Tim Duncan - 2000
Derek Anderson - 2001
David Robinson - 2002
Manu Ginobili - 2008 WCFs (he played but clearly hobbled)
Manu Ginobili - 2009

boutons_deux
05-21-2014, 06:30 PM
OKC is small market too.

Is About 1/2 size of SA in metro area pop

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-22-2014, 12:12 PM
OKC is small market too.
I just thought of that, but they have the stars like KD and Westbrook. Spurs are just such a talented, well balanced team.

xmas1997
05-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Manu' knee was screwed up in last years finals loss to Miami according to Pop, yet the Manu haters say his play was due to being washed up.
Who you going to believe, Pop, or the idiot haters on here?
I'll hang my hat with proven winners, Pop and Manu, and not with the arm chair coaches on here who hate Pop and/or Manu.