PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Smart, Gordon, Randle, Vonleh, Lavine

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 08:09 PM
#7 wasn't what we all expected, but any of these prospects looks solid tbh. There's also a chance Embiid may drop due to his health issues and Jabari parker too but very unlikely.

Historically speaking, #7 has been quite good for years (Stephen Curry, Harrison Barnes, Bismack Biyombo, Greg Monroe) so I think we're in good hands.

Axegrinder
05-20-2014, 08:12 PM
In what universe is Biyombo "quite good"? :lol

Clipper Nation
05-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Historically speaking, #7 has been quite good for years (Stephen Curry, Harrison Barnes, Bismack Biyombo, Greg Monroe) so I think we're in good hands.
Curry is literally the only worthwhile player of the four you listed, nice :downspin: attempt though :lol

Axegrinder
05-20-2014, 08:13 PM
..and you aint gettin no Parker OR Joel foo

HI-FI
05-20-2014, 08:14 PM
be interesting to see how Lakers do when the commish isn't as generous with the bailouts and entitlements. I can see Stern getting his statue or yarmulke retired, but Silver may not be as beloved.

Kool Bob Love
05-20-2014, 08:15 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Los+Angeles+Lakers+Media+Day+xwS2kjFIKmSl.jpg

cjw
05-20-2014, 08:16 PM
You all beat me to it. Monroe doesn't play a lick of D and has no range, Harrison Barnes regressed considerably and only looked good in the playoffs last year because he got to post up TP, and Biyambo?!?!

The drop-off from 4 to 5 to 6 is pretty substantial. Sorry

Ditty
05-20-2014, 08:18 PM
In what universe is Biyombo "quite good"? :lol

KaiRMD1
05-20-2014, 08:22 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Los+Angeles+Lakers+Media+Day+xwS2kjFIKmSl.jpg

This is the best possible representation of the Lakers fortune today.

Clipper Nation
05-20-2014, 08:23 PM
7th overall picks since 2000:

Chris Mihm (injury-prone, bust)
Eddie Griffin (alcoholic, bust)
Nenê (decent)
Kirk Hinrich (role player)
Luol Deng (decent)
Charlie Villanueva (good rookie year, fell off quickly after that)
Randy Foye (role player)
Corey Brewer (role player)
Eric Gordon (injury-prone, bust)
Stephen Curry (star)
Greg Monroe (trending towards bust)
Bismack Biyombo (LOL)
Harrison Barnes (trending towards bust)
Ben McLemore (too early to tell, but not off to a great start)

Boiled down: 14 years, 1 star player, 2 decent players, and a whole bunch of scrubs.... good luck with that, Fredo :lol

HemisfairArena
05-20-2014, 08:23 PM
2013 NBA draft pick #7,,,,,Ben McLemore.

DPG21920
05-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Lakers brass is not happy. At all. This is a sizable blow to them in every way. This pick not only has less trade value, but if they actually decide to try and draft (:lol Lakers drafting) there is very likely no game changer for them there. Maybe a solid player, but we will see.

Robz4000
05-20-2014, 08:29 PM
:lol trying to spin the Lakers' shitty pick

Axegrinder
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
:lol trying to spin the Lakers' shitty pick..and poorly at that. hilarious

HemisfairArena
05-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Last time a draft was this deep was 2003 and LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Carmelo went in the first 6 picks. Who went #7?,,,,,Kirk Heinrich. Welcome to the next Kirk Heinrich.

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 08:40 PM
If we get Randle, them I'm not gonna be mad. Same with Smart. Exum may also drop this low and that IMO would be amazing.

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 08:42 PM
..and you aint gettin no Parker OR Joel foo

Key word "unlikely"

DPG21920
05-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Well, luckily LA has a ton of cap space. Their only offer is cap space + pick. They have no other assets of worth. But that cap space is gold. A team willing to take on a bad contract is often the team that gets a deal done.

baseline bum
05-20-2014, 08:51 PM
#7 wasn't what we all expected

Speak for yourself son

NRHector
05-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Kobe thinking about retirement after seeing the #7

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Speak for yourself son

:lol

Splits
05-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Most draft boards have Vonleh going in that 7 spot. He's still raw, needs a few years to develop though. If Lakers are serious about "competing" with Kobe they'll trade the pick, otherwise welcome to Kobe scoring title chasing the next 2 years.

100%duncan
05-20-2014, 09:03 PM
7th overall picks since 2000:

Chris Mihm (injury-prone, bust)
Eddie Griffin (alcoholic, bust)
Nenê (decent)
Kirk Hinrich (role player)
Luol Deng (decent)
Charlie Villanueva (good rookie year, fell off quickly after that)
Randy Foye (role player)
Corey Brewer (role player)
Eric Gordon (injury-prone, bust)
Stephen Curry (star)
Greg Monroe (trending towards bust)
Bismack Biyombo (LOL)
Harrison Barnes (trending towards bust)
Ben McLemore (too early to tell, but not off to a great start)

Boiled down: 14 years, 1 star player, 2 decent players, and a whole bunch of scrubs.... good luck with that, Fredo :lol

:lol

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Quite honestly, I don't like this pick one bit I try to poke fun at the situation but it feels ominous lol. This just gives Buss an incentive to trade it and end up with Melo. It's not a high pick but It could go down and Melo at 30 getting max would be the second worst decision of Buss' career. What also worries me is his guarantee that the Lakers will be a contender again under his watch, that or he will resign as head honcho of the franchise. I sense a reckless approach in the next 2 years which could eventually bury the franchise further down for years to come.

The draft is a disappointment to most Laker fans, and with Kobe's massive contract on the books for 2 years and without any real asset to move around, the hopes of the franchise are at it's darkest.

HemisfairArena
05-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Quite honestly, I don't like this pick one bit I try to poke fun at the situation but it feels ominous lol. This just gives Buss an incentive to trade it and end up with Melo. It's not a high pick but It could go down and Melo at 30 getting max would be the second worst decision of Buss' career. What also worries me is his guarantee that the Lakers will be a contender again under his watch, that or he will resign as head honcho of the franchise. I sense a reckless approach in the next 2 years which could eventually bury the franchise further down for years to come.

The draft is a disappointment to most Laker fans, and with Kobe's massive contract on the books for 2 years and without any real asset to move around, the hopes of the franchise are at it's darkest.

Don't worry about 'Melo,,,,no chance he leaves New York with Phil Jackson arriving. You better worry about Fredo going for DWill.

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Don't worry about 'Melo,,,,no chance he leaves New York with Phil Jackson arriving. You better worry about Fredo going for DWill.

Doubt it. They're going for someone safer after the Nash experiment didn't work out, meaning someone who doesn't have any recurring health or in this case emotional issues :lol