PDA

View Full Version : Which players would you give an invite to camp?

Rescueone
08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Just want to see who you think should be invited to the Spurs camp, and has a legit chance of making the team.

FromWayDowntown
08-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Tim Duncan. I'd think he'd have a pretty good shot.

Rescueone
08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Tim Duncan. I'd think he'd have a pretty good shot.

Duuuh...... I think he's already on the team!

Rescueone
08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd like to see Justin Hamilton get an invite

wildbill2u
08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Just want to see who you think should be invited to the Spurs camp, and has a legit chance of making the team.

Mindaugas Katelynas SF/Pf from Chatenooga (via Lithuania). Was expected to go in the 2nd round but was undrafted. 6'9" with great athleticism and great verical jump. Loves to run the floor. Won the NCAA SLam Dunk contest. According to Draft Express he works hard and was willing to play out of position (center) for good of team. Good hard nosed rebounder. Intelligent and knows the game. Not a great perimeter shooter although his percentages on FG and 3pts were good, but like most Europeans is a good passer. Go to DraftExpress.com for full info. I couldn't copy and paste for some reason.

He was listed in the top SF in the draft, but don't know why he wasn't drafted. Or where he is now.

Jim Rome
08-12-2005, 12:43 AM
KOBE.

Mr. Body
08-12-2005, 01:29 AM
As a serious response... I wouldn't mind seeing Katalynas. By accounts, he's either not pro material or doesn't have SF abilities in the NBA at this time. If he wants to bust in, he'll need to develop elsewhere and return... Still, wouldn't mind a player of that athleticism and attitude.

It also seems that Kennedy Winston kid might get a look.

Kori Ellis
08-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Well, it depends on what the Spurs do for the rest of free agency to know what they need. But maybe Melvin Sanders for some D, Britton Johnsen even though he shot horribly after the first 2 games of summer league, Alex Scales as a backup combo guard, and a few foreign big men.

timvp
08-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Mindaugas Katelynas SF/Pf from Chatenooga (via Lithuania). Was expected to go in the 2nd round but was undrafted. 6'9" with great athleticism and great verical jump. Loves to run the floor. Won the NCAA SLam Dunk contest. According to Draft Express he works hard and was willing to play out of position (center) for good of team. Good hard nosed rebounder. Intelligent and knows the game. Not a great perimeter shooter although his percentages on FG and 3pts were good, but like most Europeans is a good passer. Go to DraftExpress.com for full info. I couldn't copy and paste for some reason.

He was listed in the top SF in the draft, but don't know why he wasn't drafted. Or where he is now.

:td

I've seen him play and he's pretty far from being an NBA player. He was horrible in the Chicago pre-draft camp ... thus the reason why he wasn't drafted. He was on the Suns' summer league team and was decent.

He'll probably go to Europe and if he develops, might come over in a couple seasons.

timvp
08-12-2005, 02:05 AM
timvp

i hear he has a good stroke from beyond the arc and plays solid defense

Not a horrible option. He still has about 15 more pounds to lose to get into game shape. His shot has been shaky in the summer league games I've seen him play, but his defense is getting better and better. An impressive stat is his summer league team is 5-0 with him in the lineup and 0-2 without him.

Not a bad choice for training camp fodder.

:smokin

blp2112
08-12-2005, 08:59 AM
If he doesn't get an invitation from Phoenix, I would like to see Stephen Graham get the invite here.

mcdunk
08-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Jawad Williams from North Carolina who played all four years with the national champs.

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=williams+north+carolina&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3Df 6332de31fd9e0d2%26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery% 3Dwilliams%2Bnorth%2Bcarolina%26clickedItemURN%3Dh ttp%253A%252F%252Ftarheelblue.collegesports.com%25 2Fsports%252Fm-baskbl%252Fmtt%252Fwilliams_jawad00.html%26invocat ionType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPResults%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftarheelblue.collegesports. com%2Fsports%2Fm-baskbl%2Fmtt%2Fwilliams_jawad00.html

kolko
08-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Britton Johnsen even though he shot horribly after the first 2 games of summer league

Kori, Britton Johnsen had just signed a contract with Etosa Alicante from the Spanish League (ACB).

http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=26059

marcus
08-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Kori, Britton Johnsen had just signed a contract with Etosa Alicante from the Spanish League (ACB).

http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=26059

lol, how desperate he was to sign with a team.

Samr
08-15-2005, 04:39 PM
ALEX GARCIA

Or rather, just sign his ass as the third string PG.

SequSpur
08-15-2005, 06:22 PM
I hope the border patrol finally does their job and keep the damn foreigners out of texas for once, including the spurs.