PDA

View Full Version : Sprinters as pass rushers.

Avante
05-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Aldon Smith, Deacon Jones ,Charles Haley, Fred Dean, Bruce Smith. Randy White. Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas are/were all big guys. They could all get to the QB. What would a 4.3 guy be able to do on third and long, a 190 pounder with blazing speed. Could a big tackle deal with someone that fast? Wouldn't they need to keep a back in or two backs if these speedsters came from both side?

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 01:58 AM
somebody who would have to run that wide would lose contain instantly. it would also make them very vulnerable to a draw play

Holden_Caulfield
05-21-2014, 02:39 AM
http://replygif.net/i/109.gif

Raven
05-21-2014, 05:38 AM
somebody who would have to run that wide would lose contain instantly. it would also make them very vulnerable to a draw play

/thread

benefactor
05-21-2014, 05:59 AM
http://replygif.net/i/915.gif

Blake
05-21-2014, 08:33 AM
Aldo Smith, Deacon Jones ,Charles Haley, Fred Dean, Bruce Smith. Randy White. Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas are/were all big guys. They could all get to the QB. What would a 4.3 guy be able to do on third and long, a 190 pounder with blazing speed. Could a big tackle deal with someone that fast? Wouldn't they need to keep a back in or two backs if these speedsters came from both side?

The way you would negate speed is to have wider splits between the offensive linemen. It forces the pass rusher to run farther around the ends.

refer to Mike Leach for further education.

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2014, 09:11 AM
There's likely a reason that in the history of football, nobody has tried this.

There was a fad, years ago (particularly in high schools and colleges), with putting undersized, quicker guys on the nose with the thought that they could beat lumbering centers and create havoc; it didn't work for very long.

manufan10
05-21-2014, 10:02 AM
190 lbs? It wouldn't take much to get him off of his feet and out of the play, tbh. Where would you line him up? In the normal DE spot? If so, it wouldn't work at all. Maybe in a 3-4 defense as an OLB, but then he's going to be weak in run support. I guess as a situational player it may work. However, teams will just game plan for it.

manufan10
05-21-2014, 10:04 AM
There's likely a reason that in the history of football, nobody has tried this.

There was a fad, years ago (particularly in high schools and colleges), with putting undersized, quicker guys on the nose with the thought that they could beat lumbering centers and create havoc; it didn't work for very long.

Jay Ratliff was a perfect example of this. Eventually the years of wear and tear from being undersized wore on him and the injuries started to pile up.

Kyle Orton
05-21-2014, 10:07 AM
You're a fuckin idiot.

Clipper Nation
05-21-2014, 10:25 AM
:lolld Fagg:lolt

Blake
05-21-2014, 10:32 AM
190 lbs? It wouldn't take much to get him off of his feet and out of the play, tbh. Where would you line him up? In the normal DE spot? If so, it wouldn't work at all. Maybe in a 3-4 defense as an OLB, but then he's going to be weak in run support. I guess as a situational player it may work. However, teams will just game plan for it.

Lol I missed the 190lb part.

that sounds more like a safety blitz where the running back picks him up.

is OP really this dumb

DD
05-21-2014, 10:45 AM

crofl

Avante
05-21-2014, 01:41 PM

I don't see that happening, I can see thee speedsters playing in tight and head up on the tackle. Then it's his burst being the difference. A quick fast cat runing forward vs a 290 pounder trying to back peddle.

Avante
05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
The way you would negate speed is to have wider splits between the offensive linemen. It forces the pass rusher to run farther around the ends.

refer to Mike Leach for further education.

Now think about that for a minute. What will wider splits do for your quicker backers?

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't see that happening, I can see thee speedsters playing in tight and head up on the tackle. Then it's his burst being the difference. A quick fast cat runing forward vs a 290 pounder trying to back peddle.
They wouldn't run at the tackle. Once he gets his mitts on a 190 pound mutt it would be game over. He would have to run wide to get around the tackle

Avante
05-21-2014, 01:46 PM

How many teams run the ball at third and 7 or more which is what I'm talking about? You'd put our speedster right over that big slow (in comparison) tackle. A 4.3 is going to havre that quick burst, I can see them blowing right by a big lumbering tackle.

Avante
05-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Ever pay attention to extra points and punts? What do we see there? Yep, that speedster totally blowing by the big tackle.

Avante
05-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Lol I missed the 190lb part.

that sounds more like a safety blitz where the running back picks him up.

is OP really this dumb

That's what this is all about as I mentioned. Yes you'd need to keep in backs to pick up these speedsters. Which does what, yep, less receivers out on patterns.

Avante
05-21-2014, 01:52 PM

DAMN-IT!, I did it again. I forgot to run this by you first, my bad.

manufan10
05-21-2014, 02:13 PM

How many teams run the ball at third and 7 or more which is what I'm talking about? You'd put our speedster right over that big slow (in comparison) tackle. A 4.3 is going to havre that quick burst, I can see them blowing right by a big lumbering tackle.

Sure there might be some success per game, but it wouldn't really be a game changer. If he's lining up on the line the tackle would realistically only need to get one hand on him to slow him down. If the player is only 190, there is no way for him to have long term success. And yes, teams have been known to run some on 3-7. Perfect time to run the draw when the "speedster" is in, because he would no doubt lose contain.

Avante
05-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Sure there might be some success per game, but it wouldn't really be a game changer. If he's lining up on the line the tackle would realistically only need to get one hand on him to slow him down. If the player is only 190, there is no way for him to have long term success. And yes, teams have been known to run some on 3-7. Perfect time to run the draw when the "speedster" is in, because he would no doubt lose contain.

I just remember how easily I blew by would be blockers in flag football***. I was a HS sprinter and far faster than defensive linemen and backers. A quick fast cat is going to be hard to handle for a big tackle not used to dealing with guy with those kinds of jets.

The thing is make it to where backs must stay in to pass block. Teams we played had to keep a guy in to block me.

*** was a running back/cornerback in high school football.

manufan10
05-21-2014, 02:27 PM
I just remember how easily I blew by would be blockers in flag football***. I was a HS sprinter and far faster than defensive linemen and backers. A quick fast cat is going to be hard to handle for a big tackle not used to dealing with guy with those kinds of jets.

The thing is make it to where backs must stay in to pass block. Teams we played had to keep a guy in to block me.

*** was a running back/cornerback in high school football.

Surely you can't be serious.

Avante
05-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Surely you can't be serious.

I'm dead serious. A fast/quick cat vs a big tackle, it works because I 've seen it done.

manufan10
05-21-2014, 02:34 PM
:lol I don't even why I bother... but you're comparing your intramural games to professionals. Big difference.

Blake
05-21-2014, 02:36 PM
flag football.

Lol.

Smh.

Lol.

Etc.

Avante
05-21-2014, 02:46 PM
:lol I don't even why I bother... but you're comparing your intramural games to professionals. Big difference.

I was talkinng about the NFL OBVIOUSLY. Then I started thinking about my own experience. How we changed things up to pressure the QB by bringing in a speed rusher, me.

Avante
05-21-2014, 02:48 PM
flag football.

Lol.

Smh.

Lol.

Etc.

The exact same stragedies little man....PRESSURE THE QB....something we see at all levels of football, honest!

It works like this midget, you want to make a QB move around, have to worry about "you" that way he can't set himself and make the good throws.

Like talking to a little kid, sheesh!!!!!!!!

manufan10
05-21-2014, 02:54 PM
I was talkinng about the NFL OBVIOUSLY. Then I started thinking about my own experience. How we changed things up to pressure the QB by bringing in a speed rusher, me.

Like I said, sure you might be successful once or twice, but it won't be a long term thing. There's no way a 190 lb person is going to have long term success, and also continue to stay healthy, against 290+ offensive lineman.

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Like I said, sure you might be successful once or twice, but it won't be a long term thing. There's no way a 190 lb person is going to have long term success, and also continue to stay healthy, against 290+ offensive lineman.

I made it very clear I was talking about....third and long. Obviously ya can't play 190 pounders there, hell just run over them. I was talking about "obvious" passing situations.

A guy with "great" speed vs a 290 pounder trying to run backwards. Think about that.

Blake
05-21-2014, 03:02 PM
The exact same stragedies little man....PRESSURE THE QB....something we see at all levels of football, honest!

It works like this midget, you want to make a QB move around, have to worry about "you" that way he can't set himself and make the good throws.

Like talking to a little kid, sheesh!!!!!!!!

sheeeeeeeeesh!

It's like talking to a leather helmet that likes three yards and a cloud of dust.

How do you figure out how to turn on the computer every day, fatfucky?

manufan10
05-21-2014, 03:07 PM
I made it very clear I was talking about....third and long. Obviously ya can't play 190 pounders there, hell just run over them. I was talking about "obvious" passing situations.

A guy with "great" speed vs a 290 pounder trying to run backwards. Think about that.

:lol Editing your post

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
sheeeeeeeeesh!

It's like talking to a leather helmet that likes three yards and a cloud of dust.

How do you figure out how to turn on the computer every day, fatfucky?

Who ever said anything about three yards and a cloud of dust, that's fucking stupid even for you. You do know there was a time whern TE's were mostly blockers...right? Remember when the stud back on a team was the fullback, of course not. Remember when teams had a fullback AND a tailback? Remember when blacks wee too dumb to play QB?

Things change little man, honest thet do. So tell me shorty who was that great pass rushing backer before LT?

How many times have we all read.....Russell Wilson is just a game manager....then...it takes a passing team to win in todays game, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that a load of bullshit or what?

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:10 PM
:lol Editing your post

I mentioned third and long right off the bat little guy. I made it very obvious that was what this was about. Do you really think anyone would think a 190 pounder could play DE, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manufan10
05-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I mentioned third and long right off the bat little guy. I made it very obvious that was what this was about. Do you really think anyone would think a 190 pounder could play DE, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You clearly didn't which is why you had to go back and edit your post.

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:15 PM
You clearly didn't which is why you had to go back and edit your post.

See the title....sprinters as pass rushers? Now think about that, why didn't I say....sprinters as DE's....well? I made it very very clear...ON THIRD AND LONG...why not bring in some speed rushers?

Dude, noway in hell a 190 pounder could ever ever ever play the DE position, ok?

Go to Blakes first response, where he quotes me. Tell me what did I say? Why not just say.....I barely read it...ok?

manufan10
05-21-2014, 03:20 PM

So a DE?

See the title....sprinters as pass rushers? Now think about that, why didn't I say....sprinters as DE's....well? I made it very very clear...ON THIRD AND LONG...why not bring in some speed rushers?

Dude, noway in hell a 190 pounder could ever ever ever play the DE position, ok?

Go to Blakes first response, where he quotes me. Tell me what did I say?

That's why in my initial response to your OP I asked where you would line him up. I said I could see it working maybe in a 3-4 as OLB. There is no way it will happen if he's on the line. He may have some minimal success, but there's no way a 190 lb man will consistently beat a 290+ man one on one. If it was possible it would have been done by now.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 03:20 PM
i've already explained why this won't work

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:23 PM
So a DE?

That's why in my initial response to your OP I asked where you would line him up. I said I could see it working maybe in a 3-4 as OLB. There is no way it will happen if he's on the line. He may have some minimal success, but there's no way a 190 lb man will consistently beat a 290+ man one on one. If it was possible it would have been done by now.

I'll go slow...

I'M TALKING ABOUT AS A PASS RUSHER ONLY, IN OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS....ok dummy? I have no doubts a guy like Trindon Holliday (as little as he is) would blow right by any tackle. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HERE...ok dummy?

Look at Clowney and his "only" 4.5 speed. Now imagine a 4.3 guy there.

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:24 PM
i've already explained why this won't work

Well I obviously disagree and have seen it work.

Hell, we see it all the time in punt defense.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Well I obviously disagree and have seen it work.

Hell, we see it all the time in punt defense.
yes this is why every punt gets blocked. the threat of a running play or draw is also not as prevalent during a punt. also, with how far back the punter is compared to a qb, even out of the shotgun, it gives the speed guy more of an advantage, since he has a much larger area of ground to cover. the two are absolutely not comparable.

i'm also sure that a 300 pound offensive lineman will have trouble blocking a 190 pound speedster on kickoff coverage. its not relevant to a passing situation

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:30 PM
yes this is why every punt gets blocked

Totally missed the point as usual. How many times do we see punts almost blocked? How many times do we see these "speedsters" blow right by a would be blocker, try....constantly!

So why do they bring in speedsters there instead of just leaving in DE's/backers, well?

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Totally missed the point as usual. How many times do we see punts almost blocked? How many times do we see these "speedsters" blow right by a would be blocker, try....constantly!

So why do they bring in speedsters there instead of just leaving in DE's/backers, well?
address the rest of my post. a speedster has much more of an advantage when the punter is lined up 20 yards back (or whatever it is) compared to 4-5 yards of a shotgun snap. the radius that the tackle has to block is much smaller on a passing play. if you overshoot and take too wide of an angle, the qb can easily step up in the pocket. its not like a punter is going to step up into the pocket and fire off a delayed punt.

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:38 PM
address the rest of my post. a speedster has much more of an advantage when the punter is lined up 20 yards back (or whatever it is) compared to 4-5 yards of a shotgun snap. the radius that the tackle has to block is much smaller on a passing play. if you overshoot and take too wide of an angle, the qb can easily step up in the pocket. its not like a punter is going to step up into the pocket and fire off a delayed punt.

You make a habit of missing the point. The key word here is....PRESSURE. You want to make the offense have to do things quicker, rather it be a punt or a pass. You do that by bringing in athletes with speed.

If that D line is also rushing the QB where does he step up to? What 320 pound nose tackle can't knock back a center? So you never played ball, huh?

Deacon Jones is still considered the greatest pas rushing d-lineman of all time. He was a sprinter on the Mississippi Valley track team.

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 03:42 PM
uhhh it's a waste of a roster spot? Why the hell would you bring in some guy who weighed 190 pounds to only rush the pasher just because he can run fast and do nothing else?

Blake
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM
I'll go slow...

I'M TALKING ABOUT AS A PASS RUSHER ONLY, IN OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS....ok dummy? I have no doubts a guy like Trindon Holliday (as little as he is) would blow right by any tackle. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HERE...ok dummy?

Look at Clowney and his "only" 4.5 speed. Now imagine a 4.3 guy there.

I like how everyone else but op is the dummy in a thread talking about inserting a walking stick on the d-line

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM
uhhh it's a waste of a roster spot? Why the hell would you bring in some guy who weighed 190 pounds to only rush the pasher just because he can run fast and do nothing else?

I totally agree, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Ever see Randy Moss back for a Hail Mary attempt, could it because of his jumping ability? This is the sort of thing I'm...OBVIOUSLY..talking about.

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I like how everyone else but op is the dummy in a thread talking about inserting a walking stick on the d-line

Do I really need that long list of musclemen at around 190 pounds? Never saw a world class 100m have ya slick, these guys are ripped.

And...I'm obviously not just talking 190 pounders, just guys with speed which will mean 190-210-ish.

None of these guys are over 200 pounds, walking sticks, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icyrfI6Z8w0

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 03:49 PM
You make a habit of missing the point. The key word here is....PRESSURE. You want to make the offense have to do things quicker, rather it be a punt or a pass. You do that by bringing in athletes with speed.

If that D line is also rushing the QB where does he step up to? What 320 pound nose tackle can't knock back a center? So you never played ball, huh?

Deacon Jones is still considered the greatest pas rushing d-lineman of all time. He was a sprinter on the Mississippi Valley track team.
lets say your 190 pound pass rusher is coming off the left edge (from the QB's perspective). to take advantage of his speed, he is going to take a wide angle and try to loop around the slower left tackle. this vacates the entire left side of the pocket, which is where the QB can easily slip into. you lose contain

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 03:49 PM
I totally agree, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Ever see Randy Moss back for a Hail Mayt attempt, could it because of his jumping ability? This is the sort of thing I'm...OBVIOUSLY..talking about.

So who are you saying would be the 'situational' rusher? A legitimate sprinter off the street? dude, they have to get to the quarterback not just simply run by the tackle. If he wants to just sprint by the tackle, the tackle will just form a pocket around the quarterback. Eventually he's gonna have to make some sort of contact with somebody who weighs 100 more pounds than him.

If you think he's gonna come in for a blitz, how long do you think that gimmick will work until coaches figure it out and just put a running back in there to blow it up?

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:53 PM
lets say your 190 pound pass rusher is coming off the left edge (from the QB's perspective). to take advantage of his speed, he is going to take a wide angle and try to loop around the slower left tackle. this vacates the entire left side of the pocket, which is where the QB can easily slip into. you lose contain

Now what happens when that off tackle is way out there trying to deal with a 4.3 guy? That's right there will be a huge gap between him and the guard. What happens now, that's right here comes that backer.

Avante
05-21-2014, 03:54 PM
So who are you saying would be the 'situational' rusher? A legitimate sprinter off the street? dude, they have to get to the quarterback not just simply run by the tackle. If he wants to just sprint by the tackle, the tackle will just form a pocket around the quarterback. Eventually he's gonna have to make some sort of contact with somebody who weighs 100 more pounds than him.

If you think he's gonna come in for a blitz, how long do you think that gimmick will work until coaches figure it out and just put a running back in there to blow it up?

"off the street"....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, how about just reading for awhile ok?

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Now what happens when that off tackle is way out there trying to deal with a 4.3 guy? That's right there will be a huge gap between him and the guard. What happens now, that's right here comes that backer.

http://www.ahdimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/laughing-animated-gif-1.gif

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:00 PM
if you are going to be blitzing anyway, it doesn't matter. that just means some underneath/hot route is open. the guard would also pick up any weakside linebacker in a standard blocking scheme

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 04:03 PM
If Avante really believes that opening up the gap between the guard and tackle for a blitz is a master plan that can't be stopped and that nobody has ever thought of, then I'm not saying he should commit suicide but etc

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:07 PM
if you are going to be blitzing anyway, it doesn't matter. that just means some underneath/hot route is open. the guard would also pick up any weakside linebacker in a standard blocking scheme

Who said anything about a blitz, that's the beauty in this, you don't blitz and still get that speed rush.

The bottom line is make it to where backs have to stay in, now you'll only have three receivers out instead of five. Think about what that does for coverage.

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:08 PM
If Avante really believes that opening up the gap between the guard and tackle for a blitz is a master plan that can't be stopped and that nobody has ever thought of, then I'm not saying he should commit suicide but etc

You bring in these speed rushers ....SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BLITZ.....hel-lo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So nobody here ever played football, wow!

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Who said anything about a blitz, that's the beauty in this, you don't blitz and still get that speed rush.

The bottom line is make it to where backs have to stay in, now you'll only have three receivers out instead of five. Think about what that does for coverage.
how can you send a linebacker and not call it a blitz. are you mentally retarded?

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:13 PM
how can you send a linebacker and not call it a blitz. are you mentally retarded?

Are you telling me a backer rushing in with backs staying in to block is a blitz, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 04:17 PM

You bring in these speed rushers ....SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BLITZ.....hel-lo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's time to just admit that this thread was a failure and chalk it up as a loss tbh

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Let me try this again, it's real obvious you littler dudes need help.

You want to keep backs in to block, ok ya with? So you bring in as couple cats with some speed....ok? There is a real good chance they will beat a big tackle. I'M TALKING ABOUT THIRD AND LONG....ONLY...ok?

The goal is...

1.less receivers in the pattern
2.get the QB off his spot
3.sack the QB

Anyone STILL not getting this?

Blake
05-21-2014, 04:19 PM

nobody here played football in the 40s with you, fet ol fuck.

I'm sure the huge linemen were 175 in those days.

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:20 PM
I think it's time to just admit that this thread was a failure and chalk it up as a loss tbh

I gotta agree, I keep forgetting the lack of football knowledge here. What's...obvious to those in the know, doesn't work "here". You have to use a giant crayon as if dealing with grade schoolers.

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:24 PM
nobody here played football in the 40s with you, fet ol fuck.

I'm sure the huge linemen were 175 in those days.

I played my last "tackle football in pads" in 1988 little man, it was one of the three HS alumni games I played in. So wrong...AGAIN...as usual.

Dude, you ever hear of Ernie Ladd and Buck Buchanon? How 250 pound fullback Cookie Gilchrist? How about 6-7 receiver Harold Carmichael?

Does...ignorant...hurt?

Ever hear of Marion Motley ya dumb fuck?

Blake
05-21-2014, 04:27 PM

Hahahhahhahahaa he ain't taking a knee here, slick.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Are you telling me a backer rushing in with backs staying in to block is a blitz, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!
where did i say my back is staying in to block?

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:29 PM
where did i say my back is staying in to block?

Dude, that's been the point of this, you really don't get that? That's why I brought it up, and you missed that?

Wow!

Blake
05-21-2014, 04:29 PM
I gotta agree, I keep forgetting the lack of football knowledge here. What's...obvious to those in the know, doesn't work "here". You have to use a giant crayon as if dealing with grade schoolers.

nobody in the know agrees with you, fetty

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Dude, that's been the point of this, you really don't get that? That's why I brought it up, and you missed that?

Wow!
so basically your master plan is fucking useless if the back leaks out into a flat route? cool

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Hahahhahhahahaa he ain't taking a knee here, slick.

That coming from a guy who really thinks the NFL was full of 175 pounders in thr 40's, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 04:31 PM

:lol

I forgot what the term is called but he's using an argumentative tactic that is commonly used when you've obviously lost the debate.

He's making case #1, then that gets refuted and he goes on to case #2. Case #2 then gets refuted, so he goes on to case #3, etc and eventually back to case #1 and we go round and round. By using clever little insults, he's hoping that somebody who is doing a drive by on this thread without really reading it, will think that he actually has a point.

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:32 PM
so basically your master plan is fucking useless if the back leaks out into a flat route? cool

Now think just a little bit amigo, ok?

You'll have three receivers only to deal with. you rush five players, now you have six guys to cover three receivers. Now think, you can do this.

I'll slow it down...

tweo guys to cover the ace receiver
one on the TE
one on the other receiver

Now we have two guys watching the flats.

Talk about complex, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:33 PM

I forgot what the term is called but he's using an argumentative tactic that is commonly used when you've obviously lost the debate.

He's making case #1, then that gets refuted and he goes on to case #2. Case #2 then gets refuted, so he goes on to case #3, etc and eventually back to case #1 and we go round and round. By using clever little insults, he's hoping that somebody who is doing a drive by on this thread without really reading it, will think that he actually has a point.

Why not just read what I said? I made it very very clear what this is about.

Ricky Davis
05-21-2014, 04:36 PM
so now he's playing the :cry you just didn't read it carefully enough :cry card. Interesting tactic.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
ok avante, basically you are speaking on behalf of the defense, yet you are calling MY (the offense's) formation, personnel, and play selection in order to make your gimmick work... :lol

on one hand you say you aren't blitzing, then you say you are sending a backer in between my tackle and guard. its all just bad

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:39 PM
so now he's playing the :cry you just didn't read it carefully enough :cry card. Interesting tactic.

Not playing anything little man. Youu rush a couple 4.3 40 guys, so the O has to keep in blocking backs to deal. Now there are only three receivers out, while you have six defenders.

Dude, you really this dumb?

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Not playing anything little man. Youu rush a couple 4.3 40 guys, so the O has to keep in blocking backs to deal. Now there are only three receivers out, while you have six defenders.

Dude, you really this dumb?
you don't have to keep backs in to help block 190 pound guys. they will have the rush at ridiculous angles, because guys that small can't afford the tackles to get a paw on them, or their passrush is dead. they have to run very wide, in almost a circle to get to the QB. that vacates a huge part of the pocket and you lose any and all contain on the edges. there is zero need to keep a back in

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:42 PM
ok avante, basically you are speaking on behalf of the defense, yet you are calling MY (the offense's) formation, personnel, and play selection in order to make your gimmick work... :lol

on one hand you say you aren't blitzing, then you say you are sending a backer in between my tackle and guard. its all just bad

WOW!

Dude, if a speed rusher is beating the block, we will see backs brought in to help out....ok? You got that? Now, what is a backers duty on third and long, that's right cover the backs..right? Now think little guy, what if those backs are staying in, now what does that backer do? Use your head guy, ok?

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:48 PM
you don't have to keep backs in to help block 190 pound guys. they will have the rush at ridiculous angles, because guys that small can't afford the tackles to get a paw on them, or their passrush is dead. they have to run very wide, in almost a circle to get to the QB. that vacates a huge part of the pocket and you lose any and all contain on the edges. there is zero need to keep a back in

Totally and completely disagree. You have never seen a 4.3 guy rush the QB from the edge. It's something totally different than what we see right now. It's a whole other thing. A guy that fast will...zoom...right by a big tackle. There wil be no ..paw...on him. Then if there is no back there to handle him...sack!

There are no pro tackles that got there by dealing with 4.3 40 guys, hell. Clowney is praised for his rushing ability and he's a mere 4.5 guy.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 04:49 PM
perhaps there is a reason why this hasn't worked. what would a 190 pounder do against a draw play? hahaha

Avante
05-21-2014, 04:53 PM
perhaps there is a reason why this hasn't worked. what would a 190 pounder do against a draw play? hahaha

Once again you are ignoring what's being said. I mentioned the nose tackle also in on the rush. and we do have those backers dealing with the backs.

Why not spend some time actually reading what's being said, ok?

We had never seen defenses with six DB's once upon a time. There was a time when fullbacks were your ball carriers. Things are always changing little fella, honest!

Here ya go...

Before Bullet Bob Hayes (worlds fastest human) there was no such thing as "Zone Coverage'. He's the reason we see it today. Before LT backers weren't known for rushing the QB. so what happened?

Ok. done with this it's real obvious...zooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leemajors
05-21-2014, 05:30 PM
pretty sad display tbh, surprising even from avante

Clipper Nation
05-21-2014, 05:31 PM

That's his schtick.... start a retarded thread, and then when called on his bullshit, start spamming useless almanac lists and/or argumentative fallacies until everyone finally takes pity on him and leaves him alone :lol

Avante
05-21-2014, 05:40 PM
That's his schtick.... start a retarded thread, and then when called on his bullshit, start spamming useless almanac lists and/or argumentative fallacies until everyone finally takes pity on him and leaves him alone :lol

Almanac lists, where? And when has anyone especialy you left me alone? I could post....BOO!...and there you'd be as always so why talk more stupid shit?

And nothing retarded at all about putting speed on the edge in third and long. It's actually been done at the college level.

Speaking of schtick, yours is to bother everyone you come in contact with and that constant whine of yours.

This is sad ya little shit, everyone must be a faggot or gay, wow!

Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) replied to a poll So What Kinda Special Sauce Will Tony Parker Play With On His Lips Tonight? (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233472) in NBA Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
What type of expensive ring will Kirby buy for Vanessa to keep his homosexuality a secret?

Avante
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
pretty sad display tbh, surprising even from avante

What's sad is how nobody "here" has a clue.

Big Empty
05-21-2014, 05:45 PM
you should patent that defensive scheme before someone steals it bro.

Avante
05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
you should patent that defensive scheme before someone steals it bro.

What's amazing is how many here couldn't grasp the concept when it makes a ton of sense. I'm not talking about some 190 pound pussy here. A real footballer with some serious jets looking to pressure a QB off the edge.

You gotta pass the ball to win:rolleyes

That monkeyball won't work:rolleyes

Russell Wilson is too short:rolleyes

Blake
05-21-2014, 08:45 PM
What's amazing is how many here couldn't grasp the concept when it makes a ton of sense. I'm not talking about some 190 pound pussy here. A real footballer with some serious jets looking to pressure a QB off the edge.

You gotta pass the ball to win:rolleyes

That monkeyball won't work:rolleyes

Russell Wilson is too short:rolleyes

I win 70% of my bets:rolleyes

Avante
05-21-2014, 10:02 PM
I win 70% of my bets:rolleyes

Nobody wins 70% of their bets. It was funny watching how you acted over it and as we can see it still is. You're a tool half pint.

Blake
05-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Nobody wins 70% of their bets. It was funny watching how you acted over it and as we can see it still is. You're a tool half pint.

Mason under the bus etc:rolleyes

Avante
05-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Mason under the bus etc:rolleyes

We both got a huge laugh out of you little man, it was fucking funny watching how you acted over it. Look at you now, still talking about it, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing was about you little man, it was..."look at this freak, wow!"

Dude, I can see why you got dumped, you get a nut bugging people so we had fun with you. Actually I still am.

Avante...think I'll slay a dragon today.
you..you missed, you missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Avante....I did?
you..yes, you did you missed you missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
05-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Everyone else still gets a huge laugh out of you trying to pretend those were Mason's picks :lol

Avante
05-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Everyone else still gets a huge laugh out of you trying to pretend those were Mason's picks :lol

Those were his picks, He couldn't believe the way Blake was acting so why not have fun with the boy? The guy is a mess even a kid can see that.

I play what the Vegas wise guys play, only an idiot wouldn't know of all the sites out there that pick winners. There are certain fundamentals involved that pro gamblers are aware of.

Sometime around the middle of June hit a magazine stand, check out MARC LAWRENCE PLAYBOOK. If you just play the plays he lists there (historical spots) you'd hit around 60%.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Those were his picks, He couldn't believe the way Blake was acting so why not have fun with the boy? The guy is a mess even a kid can see that.

I play what the Vegas wise guys play, only an idiot wouldn't know of all the sites out there that pick winners. There are certain fundamentals involved that pro gamblers are aware of.

Sometime around the middle of June hit a magazine stand, check out MARC LAWRENCE PLAYBOOK. If you just play the plays he lists there (historical spots) you'd hit around 60%.
its amazing that guy spends his time publishing a magazine instead of betting the farm and making billions tbh...

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:26 AM
its amazing that guy spends his time publishing a magazine instead of betting the farm and making billions tbh...

Why not take a few minutes and Google who this guy is, he's the real deal. Heard him win the Stardust Line (old radio show from Vegas) PICK THE WINNERS tournament some years back. There isn't a trend/stat he's not aware of. Then there's Wayne Allan Root.

unleashbaynes
05-22-2014, 05:21 AM
Why not take a few minutes and Google who this guy is, he's the real deal. Heard him win the Stardust Line (old radio show from Vegas) PICK THE WINNERS tournament some years back. There isn't a trend/stat he's not aware of. Then there's Wayne Allan Root.

Can someone please euthanize this dumb old retard? What the fuck are you talking about you fucking inbred hillbilly?

manufan10
05-22-2014, 08:43 AM
I think this is the perfect place to leave this after all of Avante's rambling:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/42283819.jpg

hehateme
05-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Why not hire some midgets as pass rushers so they can run through the tall linemen's legs...yeah it could work.

Blake
05-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Those were his picks

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101212070528/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/ManWavingGetsHitByBus.gif

manufan10
05-22-2014, 10:10 AM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101212070528/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/ManWavingGetsHitByBus.gif

:lmao

Avante
05-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Can someone please euthanize this dumb old retard? What the fuck are you talking about you fucking inbred hillbilly?

Don't fuck with me ya worthless piece of monkey shit, got it? Pay fucking attention asshole, it's really not that complex, not beat it before ya piss me off.

Avante
05-22-2014, 10:24 AM
I think this is the perfect place to leave this after all of Avante's rambling:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/42283819.jpg

Hardly rambling. a real simple idea.

Avante
05-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Why not hire some midgets as pass rushers so they can run through the tall linemen's legs...yeah it could work.

Why act stupid?

Clipper Nation
05-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Those were his picks
:lol Still throwing your son under the bus

manufan10
05-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Hardly rambling. a real simple idea.

You haven't really answered anyone's questions posed to you. You just throw out the guys speed and call everyone dummys for not agreeing with you. I didn't even attack you, and was trying to take your theory seriously, but you got butthurt.

Avante
05-22-2014, 10:57 AM
You haven't really answered anyone's questions posed to you. You just throw out the guys speed and call everyone dummys for not agreeing with you. I didn't even attack you, and was trying to take your theory seriously, but you got butthurt.

Sure I have I went into detail, dude, stop trying to get by without actually reading, ok? I totally broke it down.

It makes all the sense in te world, stick a guy out there far far faster than some DE/backer and see if a big tackle can handle him, I seriously doubt it.

A 4.3 sprinter vs a 290 pounder trying to back peddle...?

manufan10
05-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Sure I have I went into detail, dude, stop trying to get by without actually reading, ok? I totally broke it down.

It makes all the sense in te world, stick a guy out there far far faster than some DE/backer and see if a big tackle can handle him, I seriously doubt it.

A 4.3 sprinter vs a 290 pounder trying to back peddle...?

If the 290 lbs man puts a hand on the sprinter it would derail his momentum. Especially if the guy is 190 lbs.

This is what will happen:
http://media.scout.com/media/image/125/1252349.jpg

manufan10
05-22-2014, 11:11 AM
The other thing offenses could do is use the RB to chip on the "speedster" before going out for his route. Or they could run some play action to keep the "speedster" second guessing. All it takes is a moment's hesitation for him to lose all momentum.

Avante
05-22-2014, 11:17 AM
The other thing offenses could do is use the RB to chip on the "speedster" before going out for his route. Or they could run some play action to keep the "speedster" second guessing. All it takes is a moment's hesitation for him to lose all momentum.

Dude have you read anything I said about this? Keeping a running back in is what this is all about I made that very very clear. That's why you rush a speedster.

Please actually read things, ok?

You rush three d-linemen and two sprinters off the edge, now where does the QB step up to? You have backers zeroing in on the backs, the flats.

manufan10
05-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Dude have you read anything I said about this? Keeping a running back in is what this is all about I made that very very clear. That's why you rush a speedster.

You rush three d-linemen and two sprinters off the edge, now where does the QB step up to? You have backers zeroing in on the backs, the flats.

It's not difficult:

If the 290 lbs man puts a hand on the sprinter it would derail his momentum. Especially if the guy is 190 lbs.

This is what will happen:
http://media.scout.com/media/image/125/1252349.jpg

Avante
05-22-2014, 11:26 AM
It's not difficult:

The great Usain Bolt the greatest sprinter ever has lost races. Don't try and use...one...example to stress some point. Do we know what that rusher ran the 40 in?

I have played on the line and blew right by linemen. I was a back/sprinter. Big guys can't back up as fast as a speedster can.,..zoom!

hehateme
05-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Why act stupid?

I'm telling you, old man, midgets are the way to go. You could even get the LB's to launch them over the line like some rabid mini Polamalu. I'm telling yah, you better patent this idea quick so you can end up being the next great Monte Kiffin.

manufan10
05-22-2014, 11:36 AM
The great Usain Bolt the greatest sprinter ever has lost races. Don't try and use...one...example to stress some point. Do we know what that rusher ran the 40 in?

I have played on the line and blew right by linemen. I was a back/sprinter. Big guys can't back up as fast as a speedster can.,..zoom!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/JasonWorilds3.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3353233/LawsonSack1c.png

http://httr24-7.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/rakrileysack1.jpg

http://nepatriotsdraft.pixafy.netdna-cdn.com//wp-content/uploads/2014/04/buchcircle1-515x289.png

Avante
05-22-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm telling you, old man, midgets are the way to go. You could even get the LB's to launch them over the line like some rabid mini Polamalu. I'm telling yah, you better patent this idea quick so you can end up being the next great Monte Kiffin.

It's a shame a retard like you is a Niner fan.

Avante
05-22-2014, 11:41 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/JasonWorilds3.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3353233/LawsonSack1c.png

http://httr24-7.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/rakrileysack1.jpg

http://nepatriotsdraft.pixafy.netdna-cdn.com//wp-content/uploads/2014/04/buchcircle1-515x289.png

So who were those guys and what did they run the 40 in?

hehateme
05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
It's a shame a retard like you is a Niner fan.

It's a shame your carnie parents didn't abort you before you became the shit stain of ST.

manufan10
05-22-2014, 11:51 AM
So who were those guys and what did they run the 40 in?

:lol Al Davis is that you? I've given you plenty of counters to your defensive scheme.

Avante
05-22-2014, 11:51 AM
It's a shame your carnie parents didn't abort you before you became the shit stain of ST.

I'm not the one going around bugging people ya little shit, I start threads, if you're here it's on you. See how that works faggot? Go bother those more on your level, ok?

Avante
05-22-2014, 11:52 AM
:lol Al Davis is that you? I've given you plenty of counters to your defensive scheme.

Where did we see any 4.3 sprinters there?

Al Davis knew the importance of speed in the game, it's huge!

manufan10
05-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Where did we see any 4.3 sprinters there?

Al Davis knew the importance of speed in the game, it's huge!

:lol The Raiders are the NFL's model franchise?

That is only one of numerous examples of how to beat a "speedster." Push him up the field. It will be a lot easier when it's a 190 lb guy.

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:00 PM
:lol The Raiders are the NFL's model franchise?

That is only one of numerous examples of how to beat a "speedster." Push him up the field. It will be a lot easier when it's a 190 lb guy.

Where in the hell did I say anything about a model franchise? I was talking about Davis's speed fetish. There is a reason the 40 is a big deal.

The Raiders have had more speed on their roster than most countries, dead serious!

Ok so the big guy pushed the speedster, you really think that 4.3 guy can't recover and blow by him?

manufan10
05-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Where in the hell did I say anything about a model franchise? I was talking about Davis's speed fetish. There is a reason the 40 is a big deal.

The Raiders have had more speed on their roster than most countries, dead serious!

Ok so the big guy pushed the speedster, you really think that 4.3 guy can't recover and blow by him?

It was a subtle hint that guys have to have more than just speed.

A 190 lb guy sure would have a tough time. By then his momentum would be stopped, and the QB would have gotten rid of the ball. Since you're scheming this defense, how do you keep the offense off balance? You can't keep bringing the 4.3 guy from the same areas. You need to move him around.

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:12 PM
It was a subtle hint that guys have to have more than just speed.

A 190 lb guy sure would have a tough time. By then his momentum would be stopped, and the QB would have gotten rid of the ball. Since you're scheming this defense, how do you keep the offense off balance? You can't keep bringing the 4.3 guy from the same areas. You need to move him around.

Everyone understands that it takes more than just speed, ok? There is a long line of Olympic sprinters who failed trying to play football. But, the more speed a player has the better off he will be, you disagree?

Sure, move him around a bit, the thing is put guys out there too quick/fast for big burly linemen to deal with. Make it to where backs must stay in to help out. Now there are four players trying to defend two. What's they do for your defense vs the pass? That's what this is all about.

Obviously not just talking 190/4.3, anything around 200-210/4.4. 4.45 would work.

hehateme
05-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm not the one going around bugging people ya little shit, I start threads, if you're here it's on you. See how that works faggot? Go bother those more on your level, ok?

Listen here slick, I'm not bugging anyone. My hypothesis is as legitimate as yours. Midgets are an un-tapped resource that could tip the power of the NFL rushing attack.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2014, 12:22 PM

I thkught you said no blitzing?

a 5 man rush is a blitz

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Listen here slick, I'm not bugging anyone. My hypothesis is as legitimate as yours. Midgets are an un-tapped resource that could tip the power of the NFL rushing attack.

It's already been done amigo.

Buddy Young 5-4 the first fast (AAU/NCAA sprint champ) elusive black NFL back out of Illinois.

Howard Stevens all 5-5 of him out of Louisville.

"Mini" Mac Herron out of Kansas State.

Lionel "Little Train" James from Auburn.

Eric "The Flea" Allen a Michigan Stater

So it's an old idea.

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:24 PM
I thkught you said no blitzing?

a 5 man rush is a blitz

I never...thkught...anything.

manufan10
05-22-2014, 12:25 PM

That is pretty obvious.

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:27 PM
That is pretty obvious.

That was lame and if you actually understood the game you'd get this. Put some uncanny speed on the edge and see what big boy does about it.

Why don't white guys play cornerback?

hehateme
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
It's already been done amigo.

Buddy Young 5-4 the first fast (AAU/NCAA sprint champ) elusive black NFL back out of Illinois.

Howard Stevens all 5-5 of him out of Louisville.

"Mini" Mac Herron out of Kansas State.

Lionel "Little Train" James from Auburn.

Eric "The Flea" Allen a Michigan Stater

So it's an old idea.

Son, 5'4 is not midget size. That's just Kevin Hart on stilts. I'm talking ankle biting midgets who could test the cup theory just by running under a lineman. One's that can be thrown over the line like a bag of potato's to latch on to the QB's arm/shoulder to prevent passing. This could be a new era where 10yrd times are their main stat in the combine compared to those who do 40's. Just think of the almanac list you could make and share to us all!

manufan10
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
That was lame and if you actually understood the game you'd get this. Put some uncanny speed on the edge and see what big boy does about it.

Why don't white guys play cornerback?

Actually, if you understood the game you would understand why you don't see 190 lb pass rushing specialists.

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Son, 5'4 is not midget size. That's just Kevin Hart on stilts. I'm talking ankle biting midgets who could test the cup theory just by running under a lineman. One's that can be thrown over the line like a bag of potato's to latch on to the QB's arm/shoulder to prevent passing. This could be a new era where 10yrd times are their main stat in the combine compared to those who do 40's. Just think of the almanac list you could make and share to us all!

I'll go slow little fella...

There are no ankle biters out there that could make an NFL roster, honest! First off all nobody is recruiting them out of high school, so with no NCAA experience they stand no chance. What they could do is get into shooting pool. Just stand on a chair and ...bingo!

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Actually, if you understood the game you would understand why you don't see 190 lb pass rushing specialists.

Nobody is talking about a 190 pound pass rushing specialist at all. I'm talking about taking a back up receiver/DB/RB and see if he has the skill to pressure a QB. You don't use a roster spot on this at all.

Dude, things change all the time in sport, honest? Hell, look at how the fullback position has changed. Look at the TE position now.

hehateme
05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
I'll go slow little fella...

There are no ankle biters out there that could make an NFL roster, honest! First off all nobody is recruiting them out of high school, so with no NCAA experience they stand no chance. What they could do is get into shooting pool. Just stand on a chair and ...bingo!

I'll go even slower slick...

Things change in the NFL just like you stated. LB grabs said midget and throws them over the line...zoooooommmm!!!!!!!!!! QB gets midgetized. Defense rushes 5-6...said midget runs under the line inconspicuous to others, grabs QB's ankles to negate mobility and range. Who needs the NCAA when you can put together a minor midget farm to weed out the ones that grow/don't grow. Now answer this below....go

Top 10 fastest midgets (by lane) for 10m dash

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 01:02 PM
I like how Avante thinks he invented the corner blitz :lmao

manufan10
05-22-2014, 01:05 PM

:cry it's not a blitz :cry

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:07 PM

Things change in the NFL just like you stated. LB grabs said midget and throws them over the line...zoooooommmm!!!!!!!!!! QB gets midgetized. Defense rushes 5-6...said midget runs under the line inconspicuous to others, grabs QB's ankles to negate mobility and range. Who needs the NCAA when you can put together a minor midget farm to weed out the ones that grow/don't grow. Now answer this below....go

Top 10 fastest midgets (by lane) for 10m dash

I'm crawling here amigo...

You are totally ignoring the combine. How would our ankle biters do in the standing long jump what...two feet? How about the the jump and reach, what three feet? That ain't gonna cut it slick, the scouts would be laughing their ass off. The 40 would be a distance race for any ankle biter.

What we could see is the NMFL, yep, National Midget Football league. Obviously it would have to start out slow, how about...

Western Conference

Fresno Half Pints
Portland Punnies
Alameda Ants
Sacramento Shrimps

Eastern Conference

Nashville Gnomes
Little Rock Littles
Evansville Elfs
Daytona Dwarfs

Imagine hearing this about a NMFL QB...."he's too short"....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle Orton
05-22-2014, 01:09 PM
You said you weren't blitzing. Bringing 5 is blitzing.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:10 PM

Wow! You haven't paid any attention at all.

Dude, you don't use your starting cornerbacks for this, ok? They will be in coverage, you use other guys.

Wow!

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Wow! You haven't paid any attention at all.

Dude, you don't use your starting cornerbacks for this, ok? They will be in coverage, you use other guys.

Wow!
so a reserve corner blitz? WOW. such innovation

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:13 PM
You said you weren't blitzing. Bringing 5 is blitzing.

You're lining up five on the line with six in pass defense. You aren't trying to disguise anything. I don't see that as an actual blitz.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:14 PM
so a reserve corner blitz? WOW. such innovation

It could be anyone, a reserve receiver/back. The point is putting unusual speed on the edge.

hehateme
05-22-2014, 01:27 PM

You are totally ignoring the combine. How would our ankle biters do in the standing long jump what...two feet? How about the the jump and reach, what three feet? That ain't gonna cut it slick, the scouts would be laughing their ass off. The 40 would be a distance race for any ankle biter.

What we could see is the NMFL, yep, National Midget Football league. Obviously it would have to start out slow, how about...

Western Conference

Fresno Half Pints
Portland Punnies
Alameda Ants
Sacramento Shrimps

Eastern Conference

Nashville Gnomes
Little Rock Littles
Evansville Elfs
Daytona Dwarfs

You're not listening sport. Let me spell it out for you. Only defensive midgets, not offensive. They don't do normal combine procedures. Why would they need to jump? They are running under or getting launched over. 40yd would be drawn back to a 10yd maximum due to timeframe limitations (who wants to see a midget duck walk a 40?) Listen here skip I like these NMFL names. You should market this with Vince McMahon, it could work. Now about my 10m dash list name...please provide your almanac.

manufan10
05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
You're not listening sport. Let me spell it out for you. Only defensive midgets, not offensive. They don't do normal combine procedures. Why would they need to jump? They are running under or getting launched over. 40yd would be drawn back to a 10yd maximum due to timeframe limitations (who wants to see a midget duck walk a 40?) Listen here skip I like these NMFL names. You should market this with Vince McMahon, it could work. Now about my 10m dash list name...please provide your almanac.

I could see it work, tbh. How do you block a guy flying through the air?!

Blake
05-22-2014, 01:31 PM
LB grabs said midget and throws them over the line...zoooooommmm!!!!!!!!!! QB gets midgetized.

That's a penalty, iirc tbh.

manufan10
05-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Coming soon to the NFL Draft combine:

http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article452456.ece/alternates/s615/C_71_article_1008678_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg

Blake
05-22-2014, 01:33 PM

Western Conference

Fresno Half Pints
Portland Punnies
Alameda Ants
Sacramento Shrimps

Eastern Conference

Nashville Gnomes
Little Rock Littles
Evansville Elfs
Daytona Dwarfs

Fattyville Avantes

hehateme
05-22-2014, 01:39 PM
That's a penalty, iirc tbh.

Probably would have to change that rule...equality for all tbh

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Fattyville Avantes

Bitchwood Blakes

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:42 PM

I;m getting it little guy but it's real obvious you haven't thought this out at all. You cannot discriminate against midgets. You cannot have just defenders, the NFL union won't let that happen, trust me.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Probably would have to change that rule...equality for all tbh

Why not do a better job with this little guy, ok? Now we need rule changes?

hehateme
05-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Why not do a better job with this little guy, ok? Now we need rule changes?

Your boy Sam changed all the rules. Now fools be wearing bathing suits in the showers to ward off back stabbers.

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Your boy Sam changed all the rules. Now fools be wearing bathing suits in the showers to ward off back stabbers.

Whatever man lets get back to your midget players.

So they can only play defense, right? Do you really think the NFL union will let that happen? So they don't come out of the NCAA, right? So how does a team know about these midgets?

Talk to me little guy.

Kinda back fired on ya didn't it half pint?

Blake
05-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Whatever man lets get back to your midget players.

So they can only play defense, right? Do you really think the NFL union will let that happen? So they don't come out of the NCAA, right? So how does a team know about these midgets?

Talk to me little guy.

Kinda back fired on ya didn't it half pint?

man, you're the dumbest person on this entire messageboard. :lol

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:29 PM
man, you're the dumbest person on this entire messageboard. :lol

I;m not the one who think midgets would make great NFL defenders little man, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake, it really doesn't work, ok? So you follow a dummy around, right? Hell guy I can talk about NFLers nobody on this entire ST has heard of. I can take you to school talking TT, wanna try me?

manufan10
05-22-2014, 02:35 PM

Blake
05-22-2014, 02:39 PM
I;m not the one who think midgets would make great NFL defenders little man, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you're the idiot that wants to put a skinny guy on the D Line.

Blake, it really doesn't work, ok? So you follow a dummy around, right? Hell guy I can talk about NFLers nobody on this entire ST has heard of. I can take you to school talking TT, wanna try me?

This desperate need to show that you're smarter than everyone here is sad.

The fact that you're actually dumber than everyone here is sadder. Or hilarious, depending on your viewpoint.

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:44 PM
No, you're the idiot that wants to put a skinny guy on the D Line. Tell me moron just how many "skinny" NFLers do we see?

This desperate need to show that you're smarter than everyone here is sad.

The fact that you're actually dumber than everyone here is sadder. Or hilarious, depending on your viewpoint.

First of all dummy, nobody is talking about "skinny" ok? By saying that says it all about you.

You wanna talk sad then that would be you. Look at yourself little man what do you ever do besides bother people? And I do know more about the game than anyone here, that is unless they were watching 1960 NFL/AFL.

What it is asshole is you can't stand it that I do know all this stuff while you don't know shit, and it's real obvious.

Now, ya wannna try and talk TT football with me?

manufan10
05-22-2014, 02:51 PM
First of all dummy, nobody is talking about "skinny" ok? By saying that says it all about you.

You wanna talk sad then that would be you. Look at yourself little man what do you ever do besides bother people? And I do know more about the game than anyone here, that is unless they were watching 1960 NFL/AFL.

What it is asshole is you can't stand it that I do know all this stuff while you don't know shit, and it's real obvious.

Now, ya wannna try and talk TT football with me?

190 lbs is skinny by NFL measures.

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:54 PM
190 lbs is skinny by NFL measures.

There are no skinny/frail NFLers. Just look at any world class 100m, most these cats are 160-190 pounders built like rocks.

Obviously you'd need a stud there, which the NFL is full of.

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:15 PM
The mistake I make is always giving people a lot of credit for having common sense, big mistake.

I'm not talking about ...you must weight 190 pounds and run a 4.3....hahahaha!!!!!!! Yes I assumed it was obvious, I'm talking about a speedy guy a lot smaller than a lineman/backer and a lot faster....ok?

I've seen this speed rush thing used in high school and college ball. So I know it does work because I've seen it work. Would it work at the pro level, I really don't know, but it is worth a try.

That's all this was about.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2014, 03:17 PM
You're lining up five on the line with six in pass defense. You aren't trying to disguise anything. I don't see that as an actual blitz.
Anything more than rushing 4 is a blitz. You're a fuckin idiot. It doesn't have to be disguised or not you dumbass

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Ok, how tall are these 190 pounders you want, coach?

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Anything more than rushing 4 is a blitz. You're a fuckin idiot. It doesn't have to be disguised or not you dumbass

How do you blitz five defensive lineman idiot?

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Ok, how tall are these 190 pounders you want, coach?

5-10-6-0 would work.

Imagine tiny Trindon Holliday vs a big lineman. It would be like a rabbit vs a bull,

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Look slick, etc

mental midgets hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ha! Etc

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:21 PM
5-10-6-0 would work.

Rofl. No it wouldn't.

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Rofl. No it wouldn't.

Wrong as usual.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
How do you blitz five defensive lineman idiot?
It's called a 5-2 formation dumbfuck

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
It's called a 5-2 formation dumbfuck

Well no shit dummy. Wow!

You don't "blitz" linemen little fella.

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:25 PM
5'10" 190lbs:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130802191846-asa-jackson-single-image-cut.jpg

skinny mofo.

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Also useless for deflecting passes on the line.

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:27 PM
5'10" 190lbs:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130802191846-asa-jackson-single-image-cut.jpg

skinny mofo.

Do I really need some pictures of totally buffed out dudes even smaller than that?

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Also useless for deflecting passes on the line.

Now there for that, OBVIOUSLY!

How about 5-9 181 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UK32OXBi28

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:31 PM
If all you can do is rush the passer, you're predictable and it's extremely easy to defend you.

You should just acknowledge you're being blown out, take a knee and call it a day.

But you won't.

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Now there for that, OBVIOUSLY!

How about 5-9 181 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UK32OXBi28

This is the first time you've mentioned height.

Shit, If I were going to employ your retarded blitz scheme, I'd at least put 6-5 Usain Bolt on the line.

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:35 PM
If all you can do is rush the passer, you're predictable and it's extremely easy to defend you.

You should just acknowledge you're being blown out, take a knee and call it a day.

But you won't.

First off check out Jacoby Ford there, he's a mini Hercules at 5-9 181 pounds, so much for 'skinny"...ok?

I've seen it work in both HS and the SWAC, I've played the edge and never touched anyone but the QB. We don't know if it would work at the NFL level or not so stop acting as if we do, ok?

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:39 PM
This is the first time you've mentioned height.

Shit, If I were going to employ your retarded blitz scheme, I'd at least put 6-5 Usain Bolt on the line.

Dude, why ignore the muscularity we saw there with Ford, ya want more just like him at around that size? Bolt isn't known for his burst little guy, his thing is his stride and speed endurance, there is a reason he doesn't run the indoor 60.

Nothing retarded at all about pitting a strong quick little cat coming off the edge vs a big guy not used to dealing with those kinds of jets.

Avante
05-22-2014, 03:46 PM
How about 5-10 180 pounds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F68uk_EKCrs

Want more?

Jamaal Charles is only 200 pounds.

Devin Hester 185 pounds

Blake
05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Nothing retarded at all about pitting a strong quick little cat coming off the edge vs a big guy not used to dealing with those kinds of jets.

if it wasn't retarded, it'd be happening.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 03:57 PM
:lol jacoby ford rushing the passer

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
if it wasn't retarded, it'd be happening.

That has gotta be the dumbest statement I've ever heard anywhere. Do you think at all before posting? Do I really need that mile long list of things relatively new to us?

What would you have said to Texas A&M being an SEC team 10 years ago? How about "pro track" which was unheard of not so long ago? Remember when the UFC first started out?

Blacks in southern schools..??????????????

A BLACK PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta be the dumbest fuck on these boards, wow!

Blake
05-22-2014, 04:06 PM

:lol Devin Hester

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:06 PM

You have any idea how many of these guys played both ways in HS. Ray Lewis was a running back.

Jacoby Ford won the NCAA indoor 60, he has an amazing burst and as we saw he's no little guy. Hell yes he could..zoom...right by a big lumbering lineman.

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:07 PM
:lol Devin Hester

Devin Hester was put in to block kicks while at Miami.

It's like talking to a bunch of know nothing kids, wow!

Blake
05-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Devin Hester was put in to block kicks while at Miami.

It's like talking to a bunch of know nothing kids, wow!

So was Deion Sanders on Tecmo Bowl

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:12 PM
So was Deion Sanders on Tecmo Bowl

I think it should be...

He was, ok man, my bad. Instead of acting stupid.

By the way in Tecmo bowl they are all the same size.

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Hard to believe so many here are so out of it, wow!

It's third and 9, they are on their own 20. Obviously this is a pass play, no way they chance a run on their 20. Why not send a couple fast cats in there to shake things up?

Blake
05-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Just stop.

How bout this....take this topic to an actual nfl board and see how it goes for you.

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Just stop.

How bout this....take this topic to an actual nfl board and see how it goes for you.

I noticed ya dropped this..skinny ...thing, smart move moron. Tons of buffed out 190-200 pounders out there....tons!

Why do you give a rats ass what I talk about little man? Don't be here, ok?

Bullet Bob Hayes was 5-11 195 pounds of rock, and that ws 50 years ago. You're an idiot.

Blake
05-22-2014, 04:36 PM
I didn't drop anything. That's a little skinny dude compared to a 6-5 320lb O lineman or the normal 270+ lb D lineman.

fighting death only makes it more painful for you. Just let it go.

Avante
05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
I didn't drop anything. That's a little skinny dude compared to a 6-5 320lb O lineman or the normal 270+ lb D lineman.

fighting death only makes it more painful for you. Just let it go.

No it isn't guy, nothing skinny at all on Jacoby Ford, Jamaal Charles, Devin Hester, James Brooks and others. And it doesn't matter if another guy is 6-10 400 pounds. I can see you don't get this either, why am I not surprised?

Dude, why do you even bother? Hell, Franco Columbo was something like 5-6 200 pounds try Mr Olympia.

Nobody should be this dumb.

Franco Columbo would toss NFL linemen around.