PDA

View Full Version : Different Vibe

tmtcsc
05-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Unlike 2 years ago (when the Spurs went up 2-0 and then lost 4 in a row to the Thunder), there was a different vibe after we won game 1. Even though the Spurs lost the lead in the 3rd, I never once doubted that they would win the game. If I'm right, things are only going to get worse for the Thunder. They just don't have the horses to beat us in a 7 game series and its only worse for them since Ibaka is out. We have a deeper bench, a smarter team and a better system. Even if we drop the game tonight, I'm still confident we will win this series.

This isn't over-confidence. I just feel like the Spurs haven't shown their best stuff yet. That might come tonight or in Game 3. Durant and Westbrook didn't play that bad. I was shocked that RW scored 25 points. That was the quietest 25 he's ever put up on us. I think we are going to demoralize them sooner than later. Let's hope it starts tonight, get some rest and go for the kill in Game 3.

vander
05-21-2014, 05:26 PM
no ibaka no harden no relying on manu

Horry Hipcheck
05-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Unlike 2 years ago (when the Spurs went up 2-0 and then lost 4 in a row to the Thunder), there was a different vibe after we won game 1. Even though the Spurs lost the lead in the 3rd, I never once doubted that they would win the game. If I'm right, things are only going to get worse for the Thunder. They just don't have the horses to beat us in a 7 game series and its only worse for them since Ibaka is out. We have a deeper bench, a smarter team and a better system. Even if we drop the game tonight, I'm still confident we will this series.

This isn't over-confidence. I just feel like the Spurs haven't shown their best stuff yet. That might come tonight or in Game 3. Durant and Westbrook didn't play that bad. I was shocked that RW scored 25 points. That was the quietest 25 he's ever put up on this. I think we are going to demoralize them sooner than later. Let's hope it starts tonight, get some rest and go for the kill in Game 3.

The Spurs absolutely have to win Game 2 because even with Ibaka out, the Thunder become an entirely different monster at Chesapeake. I picked the Spurs to lose Game 3 against Portland and was only mildly surprised to see them win convincingly for a third time. OKC is different. They live for beating the Spurs and players like Durant and Westbrook don't take punches to the nose like Game 1 very well. OKC is one of the best teams in the league at rebounding from losses. Games 3 and 4 will be slugfests, Ibaka or no Ibaka. They 100% need that 2-0 lead.

EVAY
05-21-2014, 06:04 PM
The Spurs absolutely have to win Game 2 because even with Ibaka out, the Thunder become an entirely different monster at Chesapeake. I picked the Spurs to lose Game 3 against Portland and was only mildly surprised to see them win convincingly for a third time. OKC is different. They live for beating the Spurs and players like Durant and Westbrook don't take punches to the nose like Game 1 very well. OKC is one of the best teams in the league at rebounding from losses. Games 3 and 4 will be slugfests, Ibaka or no Ibaka. They 100% need that 2-0 lead.

tmtcsc
05-21-2014, 06:35 PM
OKC is different. They live for beating the Spurs and players like Durant and Westbrook don't take punches to the nose like Game 1 very well. OKC is one of the best teams in the league at rebounding from losses. Games 3 and 4 will be slugfests, Ibaka or no Ibaka. They 100% need that 2-0 lead.

I agree that they are ultra-competitive but they don't have home court advantage this time around and have lost 3 playoff home games (with Ibaka) already. If anything, the Thunder absolutely need to win tonight to have any chance. It will take a bad game by our guys and a great game by them to do it.

NASpurs
05-21-2014, 06:42 PM
I get the feeling that the Thunder have to play a perfect game to win a game in this series while the Spurs can play B, B+ ball and can squeak a win out here and there. Saying that, I hope the Spurs don't get complacent and step on OKC's throat every time.

weeks
05-21-2014, 07:48 PM
I agree that they are ultra-competitive but they don't have home court advantage this time around and have lost 3 playoff home games (with Ibaka) already. If anything, the Thunder absolutely need to win tonight to have any chance. It will take a bad game by our guys and a great game by them to do it.
they didn't have HCA in 2012 either

tmtcsc
05-21-2014, 08:14 PM
they didn't have HCA in 2012 either

You are correct sir. Should have read "this round".

Uriel
05-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Jinx thread, tbh.

exstatic
05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
The thing I like in this series is that JUST TO STAY WITH US, they are exhausting themselves with maximum effort. I don't see a team that has had game after game handed to them all year being able to sustain that.

z0sa
05-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Spurs in 5. Book it

superjames1992
05-21-2014, 09:04 PM
The Spurs had won 20 games in a row after the first two games in the 2012 WCF. I don't see any reason to not have been more confident then than now, tbqh.

exstatic
05-21-2014, 09:13 PM
The Spurs had won 20 games in a row after the first two games in the 2012 WCF. I don't see any reason to not have been more confident then than now, tbqh.
Uh, Abaka, or to be more precise, Nobaka.

superjames1992
05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Uh, Abaka, or to be more precise, Nobaka.
Good point, tbqh.

tmtcsc
05-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Jinx thread, tbh.

Jinx proof tbh. Don't believe in that nonsense.

tmtcsc
05-21-2014, 10:32 PM
. We have a deeper bench, a smarter team and a better system. Even if we drop the game tonight, I'm still confident we will win this series.

This isn't over-confidence. I just feel like the Spurs haven't shown their best stuff yet. That might come tonight or in Game 3. I think we are going to demoralize them sooner than later. Let's hope it starts tonight, get some rest and go for the kill in Game 3.

tbh...and I hate that phrase. :-)

therealtruth
05-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Have we seen Sefalosha on TP yet? That was one of the key adjustments for OKC.

05-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Yeah. He wa son him tonight to start the game

T Park
05-22-2014, 12:03 AM

Defended him the whole time he played. Parker kicked his ass. Next.

Arcadian
05-22-2014, 12:09 AM

If I recall correctly, the Thunder made a run in 2012 game 2. They made no runs in 2014 game 2...clearly, :lol. I remember people saying the Thunder still looked capable of winning the series in 2012 when they were down 0-2, but this time they look dead in the water.

Also, one could argue (as Pop has) that winning 20 straight games is a bad thing. He would rather lose an occasional game.