PDA

View Full Version : lol pop wanted to quit in 06?

Floyd Pacquiao
05-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Aldridge said somthing about the players not listening to him anymore? So he told holt that maybe they should change coaches?

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Manu might be the only player to ever make Pop question his coaching ability.

lil'mo
05-21-2014, 10:45 PM
sounded like a bullshit, taken out of context story

Spur|n|Austin
05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
sounded like a bullshit, taken out of context story

I'll agree with that.

HI-FI
05-21-2014, 10:54 PM
I remember reading about this at least a few years ago. I thought it was well known.

:lol

capek
05-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Had never heard this story personally. I very much doubt it was something he seriously considered. just mho

james evans
05-21-2014, 11:03 PM
exactly what i came in here to say. manu and parker seems like the only 2 that never listen. and we know he'll bench parker, but continue to let manu run wild jacking up off balance 3's and doing silly passes

therealtruth
05-22-2014, 12:41 AM
I remember reading about this at least a few years ago. I thought it was well known.

Definitely happened. Holt had to convince him to stay.

slick'81
05-22-2014, 12:44 AM
I heard that a while back not sure if it's true though

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 01:01 AM
Sounds like winery stories to me.

apalisoc_9
05-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Pretty sure they're referring to the big three. Manu and Timmy are a bit stubborn and i think it's pretty aparent that they go out there and try to play it their way..

It seems to me that Parker is the best listener out of the three...

jhuan16
05-22-2014, 01:10 AM
Probably Manu being piss that he had to come off the bench.

Skull-1
05-22-2014, 01:23 AM

And his sanity.

Skull-1
05-22-2014, 01:23 AM
exactly what i came in here to say. manu and parker seems like the only 2 that never listen. and we know he'll bench parker, but continue to let manu run wild jacking up off balance 3's and doing silly passes

Yep. Manu has a very long leash. At times it defies logic.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Can anyone expand on this story?

Malik Hairston
05-22-2014, 01:40 AM
Can anyone expand on this story?

Pop was burnt out from coaching and felt like his methods were no longer effective following the Spurs defeat to the Mavs in the 2006 playoffs, tbh..

Holt had to convince him to stay, but he was having trouble luring him back into it..it wasn't until the Spurs acquired Matt Bonner in June of that same Summer that Pop's passion for coaching was rejuvenated, tbh..he hasn't looked back since..

HI-FI
05-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Pop was burnt out from coaching and felt like his methods were no longer effective following the Spurs defeat to the Mavs in the 2006 playoffs, tbh..

Holt had to convince him to stay, but he was having trouble luring him back into it..it wasn't until the Spurs acquired Matt Bonner in June of that same Summer that Pop's passion for coaching was rejuvenated, tbh..he hasn't looked back since..
this is why Bonner's jersey or sandwich will be retired.

Malik Hairston
05-22-2014, 01:45 AM
:lol seriously, though, what are the odds that Pop reportedly considered leaving, yet decided to stay during the same month that Bonner was acquired in?..

ElNono
05-22-2014, 01:46 AM

The Spurs also still had Beno back then, who was jettisoned shortly thereafter, IIRC...

silverblk mystix
05-22-2014, 08:09 AM

What spurs fans do not understand or won't admit - but is pure truth is this;

Had Pop left after the 06 "small ball" embarrassment and being schooled by Avery Johnson....

The Spurs would have at least 7-9 titles right now.

What could have been...

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-22-2014, 08:13 AM
^ :lol

manufan10
05-22-2014, 09:01 AM
When did ST become overrun with stupidity?

:lmao That explains the Bonner love affair.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-22-2014, 10:02 AM

:lmao