PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs beat Team USA?

Uriel
05-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Serious question, tbh, imo, fwiw.

DesignatedT
05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Yes.

Uriel
05-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Yes.
:tu

Mal
They could play, since noone from Spurs will be there.

They could play with western all-star team or all nba 1st and 2nd teams ;)

servalli
:rolleyes

davidbowie
05-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Rofl. :lol

Srsly tho....yes

davidbowie
05-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Edit

emanueldavidginobili
05-21-2014, 11:26 PM
No

100%duncan
05-21-2014, 11:27 PM
I don't think so.

Mikeanaro
05-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Yes, back in the day there was no competition for them.

Malice
05-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Dude. Come on really?

phxspurfan
05-21-2014, 11:35 PM
2007 thread, tbh

hyhy
05-21-2014, 11:36 PM
If they play like this, yes

DarrinS
05-21-2014, 11:37 PM
Lock
Ban
Dump
Rape

hsxvvd
05-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Championship team beats team of champions.

spurraider21
05-21-2014, 11:56 PM
no... cmon man get real

testies
05-21-2014, 11:57 PM
team USA barely beat Spain and Brazil in last 3,4 years

We have way more talent than these teams, but we play the same Euro system that gives USA fits. So yeah, I say we have a 45% chance tbh

100%duncan
Sometimes the semen cloud is just too damn bad in here.

ElNono
Peaked too early :rolleyes

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-22-2014, 12:09 AM
:lol Manu did it with scrubs.. why couldn't we?

Arcadian
05-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Maybe. They have better team chemistry.

100%duncan
05-22-2014, 12:15 AM
:lol Manu did it with scrubs.. why couldn't we?

That 04 team was awfully constructed tbh.

FkLA
05-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Why are people acting like its not even worth asking? Games arent won on paper tbh.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2014, 12:28 AM
LOL no

DAF86
05-22-2014, 12:31 AM
:lol people totally dismissing this question

Team USA relies on their athleticism and huge talent difference to win games against mostly non NBA talent. They dont have much of a system.

A team with NBA talent and as well prepared as the Spurs could pretty damn well beat them. Heck if Spain gives them fits the Spurs could definitely do the same.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 12:54 AM

Team USA relies on their athleticism and huge talent difference to win games against mostly non NBA talent. They dont have much of a system.

A team with NBA talent and as well prepared as the Spurs could pretty damn well beat them. Heck if Spain gives them fits the Spurs could definitely do the same.
4 years ago in that finals game against Spain they got lucky and won by 2 points or something... Mike K had no plan at all, they won by a miracle.
Chris Paul is playing like shit, Deron sucks, Dwert is blowing trannys, Harden eating his own beard, Kobe dating nurses, is not impossible, I donīt consider Team Usa the pinnacle of basketball, maybe pineapple yeah.

Sean Cagney
05-22-2014, 12:58 AM
Players that have been together as a team usaully seem to fare well! They have alot of practice as a team together so they would have a shot. I would expect it to be close.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-22-2014, 01:40 AM
We're the laughing stock of the Heat forum because of this thread. They're literally reading right now.

ElNono
05-22-2014, 01:44 AM
We're the laughing stock of the Heat forum because of this thread. They're literally reading right now.

don't let them read the "will Manu ever score 20pts in a game again?" thread... :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
05-22-2014, 01:45 AM
don't let them read the "will Manu ever score 20pts in a game again?" thread... :lol

:lmao Nono with the unexpected gut punch goods :rollin

Boomersgold
05-22-2014, 01:46 AM
Serious question, tbh, imo, fwiw.

So the international All-star team that trains together everyday and has played over 160 games together, vs a team of NBA All-stars with barely any team chemistry? There's no question that the Spurs would win.

Tony Parker - France's best player
Manu Ginobili - Argentina's best player
Splitter - One of Brazil's best players (probably second to Nene)
Duncan - A top 10 player of all time
Kawhi Leonard - Potential All-star
Patty Mills - Australia's best player (Bogut hasn't played in years)
Cory Joseph - Canada's starting point guard
Marco Bellineli - Italy's best player

Boomersgold
05-22-2014, 01:49 AM
That 04 team was awfully constructed tbh.

Spain got pretty close with a team of Euroleague players. Just goes to show that chemistry outweighs athletic talent when it comes to winning basketball games.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 01:53 AM
Please share with us their thread they are not different than Meth fans.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-22-2014, 02:09 AM

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1319746******=2180

jARS mEsH sEt
05-22-2014, 02:10 AM
It's basically the last few pages.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 02:18 AM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1319746******=2180
Pure gold, site is horrible as their comments some stoned cholo posted a pic of Gay Ray but he forgot the 5 step without dribbling, they will eat shit if it has Lebum face on it, Dallas beated Brona, we did but got robbed, and this time we will beat them so bad that refs wont be able to help them, we are not the same team and they are worst not even number 1 in the Least Conference.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-22-2014, 02:20 AM
Pure gold, site is horrible as their comments some stoned cholo posted a pic of Gay Ray but he forgot the 5 step without dribbling, they will eat shit if it has Lebum face on it, Dallas beated Brona, we did but got robbed, and this time we will beat them so bad that refs wont be able to help them, we are not the same team and they are worst not even number 1 in the Least Conference.

Yeah some of them are quite cocky but overall it's about what I expected. Some of them have "appropriate fear" for the Spurs, just like most Spurs fans have for Miami.

100%duncan
05-22-2014, 02:21 AM
Spain got pretty close with a team of Euroleague players. Just goes to show that chemistry outweighs athletic talent when it comes to winning basketball games.

Dude, we ain't beating team USA just be contented with possibly beating OKC and stopping the 3peat. :toast

05-22-2014, 04:40 AM
In a couple weeks they could be playing team USA- the Miami Heat

FkLA
05-22-2014, 06:39 AM
DAF86 's post should shut Heat fans up. I know Bron/Wade are part of both teams, but theoretically speaking I actually think the Heat would give Team USA a run for their money too tbh.

will_spurs
05-22-2014, 06:52 AM
I think people here seriously underestimate the value of team chemistry and players having played together for years (which is all the more surprising coming from Spurs fans since that's basically what this team thrives on).

Of course on paper Team USA is way better talent-wise, but they actually no clue how to play together, and no experience / habit doing so. They dominate the international scene because they face teams consisting mostly of D-league players who also have no chemistry due to lack of preparation.

The Spurs or the Heat would absolutely destroy Team USA.

thiste
05-22-2014, 07:21 AM
What I like over at the Heat forum is that they seem pretty sure they'll meet us in the Finals. Thanks for the vote of confidence I guess!

http://i.imgur.com/IMnPJqB.png

doobs
05-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Better question is whether the US would fare better if they just sent the best all-American NBA team. I think so.

ducks
05-22-2014, 10:21 AM

I agree I think a ncaa team with a good system could go to Olympics and do quite well
a system works

Genjuro
05-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Of course they can. And they should. We're not talking about a full-seasoned team, but a summer team assambled for a two-week championship. I think Manu knows one or two things about this.

r0drig0lac
05-22-2014, 06:14 PM
lol no, absolutely no chance, no one could do against the team 2012

Hoops Czar
05-22-2014, 06:39 PM

How do meth fans differ from fans on crack and PCP? The Spurs aren't beating team USA and anyone that thinks otherwise shouldn't be making fun of other fan forums. This thread title should have blue font.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 06:48 PM
How do meth fans differ from fans on crack and PCP? The Spurs aren't beating team USA and anyone that thinks otherwise shouldn't be making fun of other fan forums. This thread title should have blue font.
Says a Cleveland fan...

Hoops Czar
05-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Says a Cleveland fan...

What's your point? Or is that your entire rebuttal?

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Of course they can. And they should. We're not talking about a full-seasoned team, but a summer team assambled for a two-week championship. I think Manu knows one or two things about this.
Some guys like to think Team USA is unbeatable in a way that any NBA champion in the last 50 years couldnīt even be able to touch them :lmao
AMURRRICAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 06:56 PM
What's your point? Or is that your entire rebuttal?
Team USA is not the ultimate weapon they almost fall against some Team Spain full of scrubs and people loves to think they are the best thing ever.

Hoops Czar
05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Team USA is not the ultimate weapon they almost fall against some Team Spain full of scrubs and people loves to think they are the best thing ever.

Ricky Rubio, Jose Calderon, Pau Gasol and Mark Gasol are scrubs?

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Ricky Rubio, Jose Calderon, Pau Gasol and Mark Gasol are scrubs?
Since when Rubio is elite? he is a sore loser, Calderon is a good player and the Gasol brothers are good not elite, you have 3 good players and nothing else.

Hoops Czar
05-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Since when Rubio is elite? he is a sore loser, Calderon is a good player and the Gasol brothers are good not elite, you have 3 good players and nothing else.

The Spurs have one elite player. Team USA has 10+. They actually have one player that would make the Team USA roster. If team USA played the Spurs 100 times in a row, they'd probably win 99. The one loss would be due to coasting and boredom.

Btw, none of those players I mentioned are scrubs.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 07:38 PM
The Spurs have one elite player. Team USA has 10+. They actually have one player that would make the Team USA roster. If team USA played the Spurs 100 times in a row, they'd probably win 99. The one loss would be due to coasting and boredom.

Btw, none of those players I mentioned are scrubs.
Rubio is a thief, Team USA can have 15 elite players and still they have no game plan at all, thats the reason why Spain almost won, Spurs are better than Team Spain I think you are giving too much credit to those big american names, as Genjuro said they are just a summer team and of course every other country nightmare because there is no other single country in the world with that kind of basketball talent but they are humans and not the ultimate weapon (it sounds nice for a legend, maybe a movie).

thiste
05-22-2014, 07:44 PM
In most sports everybody knows professional teams are usually better than national selections, simply because they're used to play together a lot more. Maybe people in basketball are delusional.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2014, 07:48 PM
In a 7-game series I'd take Team USA in 5. They'll probably win one game by semi-figuring out how to attack Durant and allowing Westbrook to go full-retard but they can't beat a roster with stars from #4 to #15 and is coached by Mike Krzyzewski.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2014, 07:49 PM
In most sports everybody knows professional teams are usually better than national selections, simply because they're used to play together a lot more. Maybe people in basketball are delusional.

Might be true sometimes but a lot of times it's not the case. That's why they are the national selection. They are the cream of the crop of players.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are not gonna beat their national selection when 70% of their selection are filled with RMA and FCB players

russellgoat
05-22-2014, 08:01 PM

Did you missed the parts were the refs let the Spurs do anything against Miami without calling a foul?

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Did you missed the parts were the refs let the Spurs do anything against Miami without calling a foul?
Lol I think I missed that part, too much going in my mind at that moment :lmao

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Might be true sometimes but a lot of times it's not the case. That's why they are the national selection. They are the cream of the crop of players.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are not gonna beat their national selection when 70% of their selection are filled with RMA and FCB players
You can split Real Madrid and Barcelona players in two so one half would be playing for Spain and the other for the respecting team :downspin:
What you can do in cases like that is stuff like Barcelona before that useless Neymar vs Team Brazil, just my 2 cents.

Hoops Czar
05-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Rubio is a thief, Team USA can have 15 elite players and still they have no game plan at all, thats the reason why Spain almost won, Spurs are better than Team Spain I think you are giving too much credit to those big american names, as Genjuro said they are just a summer team and of course every other country nightmare because there is no other single country in the world with that kind of basketball talent but they are humans and not the ultimate weapon (it sounds nice for a legend, maybe a movie).

Actually, I wasn't giving them credit. You're make a lot out of PD. Team Spain wasn't going t beat Team USA. The Spurs are a team that would struggle to beat OKC with Ibaka. Now, you're talking about beating a team of LJ, D-wade, D12, Liliard, LMA, Harden, Westbrook, Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin , Andre Drummond and among others. Where exactly do the Spurs have an advantage. You're using this together as a scapegoat. For all this togetherness, the Spurs haven't won a championship since 2007. Hell, the Heat had less comradery and won a championship in its second season together.

It's also not like Team USA doesn't have practices. They don't just show up and play. Coach K. has Team USA prepared.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Actually, I wasn't giving them credit. You're make a lot out of PD. Team Spain wasn't going t beat Team USA. The Spurs are a team that would struggle to beat OKC with Ibaka. Now, you're talking about beating a team of LJ, D-wade, D12, Liliard, LMA, Harden, Westbrook, Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin , Andre Drummond and among others. Where exactly do the Spurs have an advantage. You're using this together as a scapegoat. For all this togetherness, the Spurs haven't won a championship since 2007. Hell, the Heat had less comradery and won a championship in its second season together.

It's also not like Team USA doesn't have practices. They don't just show up and play. Coach K. has Team USA prepared.
You are mixing different stuff together and making a big turd sandwich, at first after 2007 bowen and horry were done and pop and rc found shitty replacements like Mason and some others I prefer to forget,at second the Heat played in the Leastern Conference against no competition whatsoever what a pussy conference, they had a good team and killed OKC, and third Cockroach K sucks, and fourth big names means shit you must go and fight... they won in a lame fashion against Spain.

Jenks
05-22-2014, 08:30 PM
The Spurs are a team that would struggle to beat OKC with Ibaka.
rofl

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
One more thing TEAM USA IS FULL OF MONKEYBALLERS
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/ee/c2/31eec2484708b23856165387b93bc004.jpg

Hoops Czar
05-22-2014, 08:54 PM
You are mixing different stuff together and making a big turd sandwich, at first after 2007 bowen and horry were done and pop and rc found shitty replacements like Mason and some others I prefer to forget,at second the Heat played in the Leastern Conference against no competition whatsoever what a pussy conference, they had a good team and killed OKC, and third Cockroach K sucks, and fourth big names means shit you must go and fight... they won in a lame fashion against Spain.

I'm keepin it even keeled. How easily forgotten it is that this so called world's greatest nearly lost to the eighth seeded Mavs. This happens evey year. Spurstalk gets a big head just before getting their teeth kicked in. Nothing says coceited and homeristic more than a fanbase that hasn't even won the championship yet but thinks it can take down Team USA (The best players in the world). Do you know why Spurstalk is the butt of a joke around the internet? It's threads like this.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm keepin it even keeled. How easily forgotten it is that this so called world's greatest nearly lost to the eighth seeded Mavs. This happens evey year. Spurstalk gets a big head just before getting their teeth kicked in. Nothing says coceited and homeristic more than a fanbase that hasn't even won the championship yet but thinks it can take down Team USA (The best players in the world). Do you know why Spurstalk is the butt of a joke around the internet? It's threads like this.
The whole internet is a joke if you are not into studies or scientific stuff, Mavs played better than Charlotte and Chicago I take it, Spurstalk gets a big head...last year we were robbed IN THE FINALS, this year we are going to play IN THE FINALS again, you are just butthurted because 2007 went bad for the Cavs and I blame the weak Leastern Conference that kid with some real competition would never get that far.

DMC
05-22-2014, 09:37 PM
The Spurs ARE Team USA... in reality. They are like Team America... "everything is bon" -TP

will_spurs
05-23-2014, 03:16 AM

Actually Spain national team has been so good mostly because it's pretty much the same team as FCB, and Barcelona was incredibly strong during those years.

It was not uncommon in the past (when few players would go and play abroad) to have several players from one club (usually the one dominiating the local league) represent the backbone of a national team, and those national teams tended to do well compared to others (assembled in the regular fashion of selecting the "best" available players, wherever they came from).

Uriel
05-23-2014, 06:19 AM
As several people have already pointed out, this question isn't really as absurd as it initially seems. Obviously, Team USA is far more talented than the Spurs, but games aren't played on paper. Team USA is essentially a conglomeration of star players thrown together for a 2-week tournament. They have virtually no chemistry or cohesion, and simply win games on the strength of their raw talent. For evidence that putting together a bunch of big names on a single team doesn't always lead to the best output, one need look no further than the 2012 Lakers (who had Kobe, Nash, Dwight, and Pau), or even the 2010 Spurs, where the addition of a supposed 4th star player in Richard Jefferson yielded nothing better than a mere 50-win season and 2nd round exit.

Part of what makes a basketball team so great is its capacity to seamlessly intertwine its various constituent pieces to form a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. Team Argentina was able to do that in 2004 when it beat the far more talented Team USA (which had Duncan, by the way) with only one legitimate NBA player at the time in Manu Ginobili. And the 2014 Spurs, obviously, are the epitome of team basketball right now.

Team USA isn't as invincible as it appears on paper either. In the 2012 Olympic Finals, they only beat Team Spain by 7 points, despite the fact that the latter only featured 7 NBA players (only 3 of which--Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, and Serge Ibaka--could be considered bona fide stars). The Spurs are obviously better than Team Spain, so it isn't really a stretch of the imagination to argue that the Spurs would at least make the final margin much closer (if they didn't beat them altogether).

To me, though, the most interesting aspect of this thread has been the dissenting views from various members. American Spurs fans have mostly remained silent on the question. International Spurs fans are mostly the one's arguing in favor of the Spurs. And American fans of other NBA teams are the one's who are most likely to consider the question absurd. Observing the dissenting and often conflicting views of different people from different backgrounds has made this thread an interesting case study on how one's personal and national affiliations influences one's perception of reality.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2014, 06:27 AM

Most heat fans can't read.

itsamanuthree
05-23-2014, 10:14 AM
I think people here seriously underestimate the value of team chemistry and players having played together for years (which is all the more surprising coming from Spurs fans since that's basically what this team thrives on).

Of course on paper Team USA is way better talent-wise, but they actually no clue how to play together, and no experience / habit doing so. They dominate the international scene because they face teams consisting mostly of D-league players who also have no chemistry due to lack of preparation.

The Spurs or the Heat would absolutely destroy Team USA.

Oh yees. I was surprised as well. It will very likely beat it.

Maybe the "love" 4 team USA gets in the way of some obvservers... maybe it's the fact that they regard teams as an addition of talent, which is unrealistic.

In comparison, take Barcelona, RM, and many other not so talented rosters in soccer... they have very good chance to beat any national soccer team, in spite of these national teams having more chemistry and friendlies and so on...

TimDunkem
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
What's with the Coach K cock-slobbering? Win or lose, there's not much he could do to influence the outcome for Team USA one way or the other. He's just another guy on the bench as far as I'm concerned.

DAF86
05-23-2014, 02:17 PM

lol What?

Back in the good old days Barca beats Spain 11 times out of 10. Spain was basically Barcelona minus the best player in the World.

The same could be said about Bayern and Germany, City and England, PSG and France, Juventus and lolitaly, etc, etc, etc.

DAF86
05-23-2014, 02:23 PM

Can the Spurs beat Spain, tbh?

If you think is laughable the idea of the Spurs beating Team USA then you're not a very knowledgeable basketball fan.

Genjuro
05-23-2014, 07:56 PM

Spain is not nearly as cohesive and fluent as a team as San Antonio. Although they have been playing for many years together, it's only summer competition, and some players have struggled fitting in. For starters, Rubio probably played his best tournament with the NT back in 2008, and has often struggled. And the Gasols pairing does not maximize their abilities.Also, you can name as many great players as you want, but building a world-class ofense and defense takes a lot of time, work and adjustments. Of course, the more times they played, the less chances for the Spurs to win.

007nites
05-23-2014, 10:04 PM

:lol

rascal
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Have to bump this.

Darius Bieber
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM
lmao

rascal
05-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Just put Ibaka on the national team and the Spurs are finished.

rascal
05-26-2014, 08:44 PM
What, everyone ran away from this thread.

testies
05-27-2014, 12:10 AM
I still think we beat them

Remembering that team USA has only like weeks of practice

if they have a pre-season, practice etc like we do, of course we get decimated by them

hater
05-27-2014, 12:57 AM

:lmao and deservingly

:lol anyone who thought it was possible to go up 3-0 to OKC

slick'81
05-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Lol nice thought though

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 08:05 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdq7tv.gif
http://i45.tinypic.com/2po6snr.gif
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/ventiquattro24/lmao-tika_zpsc0d789c4.gif

r0drig0lac
05-28-2014, 09:02 AM
I still think we beat them

Remembering that team USA has only like weeks of practice

if they have a pre-season, practice etc like we do, of course we get decimated by themthey could meet (2012 team), and playing two days after beating any team in the world or nba easily

Uriel
08-28-2014, 08:47 PM
By the end of the NBA Finals, at that moment, some people believe that the Spurs were quite possibly the greatest team in NBA history. Meanwhile, Team USA is absolutely debilitated by injuries and too many players pulling out.

Objectively speaking, at this moment, the 2014 Spurs could very well beat 2014 Team USA.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-28-2014, 08:57 PM
By the end of the NBA Finals, at that moment, some people believe that the Spurs were quite possibly the greatest team in NBA history. Meanwhile, Team USA is absolutely debilitated by injuries and too many players pulling out.

Objectively speaking, at this moment, the 2014 Spurs could very well beat 2014 Team USA.

This team USA wouldnt have a chance. Dream Team would be a tossup

Venti Quattro
08-28-2014, 09:08 PM
No they won't beat Team USA

hater
08-28-2014, 09:26 PM
which team does Kawhi play in?

/thread

Spurs 4 The Win
08-28-2014, 09:32 PM

This team USA would get nuked from orbit

hater
08-28-2014, 09:33 PM
to be fair the Heat and Thunder would probably also beat Team USA

ezau
08-28-2014, 10:36 PM

Totally agree.

Brunodf
08-31-2014, 04:26 PM
This team USA would be crushed by last season Spurs tbh, all those infiltrations/kick outs/extra passes would be very effective against USA poor perimeter defense

barbacoataco
08-31-2014, 06:26 PM
The Spurs have a lot of players with FIBA experience. That makes a big difference, and to me would put the Spurs over this team easily. Duncan really handled Unibrow when they went head to head this year. Spurs play as a team and this Team USA is still trying to figure things out. Also they have too many chuckers who want to go one on one.

hitmantb
08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
If Turkey can lead team USA deep into third quarter, Spurs can blow this team out easily.

If the national team played a full season together they would crush everyone on sheer talent alone.

But the lack of chemistry will cost them games against elite teams, see 2004 Argentina where Ginobili defeated Duncan to win gold. I dare say the Spurs is better than that specific Argentina team and the current USA team is not as good as the 2004 squad.

pgardn
08-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Depends how long they were allowed to work as a team.

Spurs easily otherwise. Especially in a series.

guilhermercf
08-31-2014, 11:29 PM
Depends how long they were allowed to work as a team.

Spurs easily otherwise. Especially in a series.

True. This very good Spain's generation plays together as a team for more than 10 years and will need a very good day to beat the 2014 USA team.

Give time to any USA team build with NBA players and they will be pretty much unbeatable.

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Eh this team usa sucks. But a Lebron Durant and healthy team would crush Spurs.

DAF86
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Just put Ibaka on the national team and the Spurs are finished.

That would be hard to do considering Ibaka isn't American, tbh.

What, everyone ran away from this thread.

What, you ran away from this thread.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdq7tv.gif
http://i45.tinypic.com/2po6snr.gif
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/ventiquattro24/lmao-tika_zpsc0d789c4.gif

Why aren't you laughing so much now?

TampaDude
09-03-2014, 10:57 PM
This team USA would get nuked from orbit

^ this

The Spurs would utterly assrape Team USA right now.

Uriel
08-12-2016, 10:05 PM
If fucking Serbia can get within 4 points of beating Team USA with only 3 NBA players, how much more the Spurs?

99 Problems
08-13-2016, 02:26 AM
76s with Simmonds running the point would. :lol

Spurtacular
08-13-2016, 03:26 AM
If teams like Aussies and Serbia are taking em to the wire.....

This USA team kinda sucks, tbh.

SASdynasty!
08-13-2016, 07:27 AM
Parker-led France beats Serbia by 1.
USA beats Serbia by 3.
Parker-led Spurs probably beats USA by 15.

Snaq O'Meal
08-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Can't wait to see how Parker fares in the France vs USA clash. Should be a good one.

ceperez
08-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Team USA likely doesn't have the kind of coordinated team work that years of practice will create. So Spurs have a good chance of winning.

From Downtown
08-13-2016, 07:58 AM
Parker-led France beats Serbia by 1.
USA beats Serbia by 3.
Parker-led Spurs probably beats USA by 15.

That's not the way it works, but I can'T wait to see that game

cd98
08-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Team USA was getting over confident. I still don't see them losing.

cutewizard
08-13-2016, 09:22 AM
^ this

The Spurs would utterly assrape Team USA right now.

:claw

phyzik
08-13-2016, 12:35 PM
FWIW Serbia coach Sasha Djordjevic says he borrows his offensive philosophy from the San Antonio Spurs.

http://time.com/4451167/rio-2016-olympics-basketball-usa-serbia-draymond-green-paul-george-tony-parker/

kaji157
08-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Of course.

cutewizard
08-13-2016, 09:53 PM
FWIW Serbia coach Sasha Djordjevic says he borrows his offensive philosophy from the San Antonio Spurs.

http://time.com/4451167/rio-2016-olympics-basketball-usa-serbia-draymond-green-paul-george-tony-parker/

-------------------------------------------

Nice pic man!

Uriel
09-11-2019, 09:03 PM
:wakeup

Roman88
09-12-2019, 06:14 AM
Group USA was getting pompous. Despite everything I don't see them losing.

murpjf88
09-12-2019, 06:23 AM
Group USA was getting pompous. Despite everything I don't see them losing.

They're only losing 32-7 after one quarter.