PDA

View Full Version : Gif Request: Q1 - Parker to Splitter to Duncan - After the Tiago Block

Skull-1
05-22-2014, 01:30 AM
(Damn autoincorrect. Sheesh. Let me try this again.)

I am referring to the play in the First Quarter after the Splitter block. What great passing.

Parker behind the back to Tiago to Timmeh.

Anyone got a screen capture of that? TNT replayed it slow mo, too.

bklynspursfan
05-22-2014, 08:25 AM
+1

Dex
05-22-2014, 08:32 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/AdeptUnkemptIrishwaterspaniel.gif

bklynspursfan
05-22-2014, 08:35 AM

Awesome!

TheChillFactor
05-22-2014, 08:38 AM
but Bill Simmons told me Tiago Splitter is overpaid!

EVAY
05-22-2014, 08:39 AM
but Bill Simmons told me Tiago Splitter is overpaid!

Simmons did take that comment back during the Portland series. Said he wished he had never said it.

Skull-1
05-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Dex. :toast

TampaDude
05-22-2014, 10:43 AM
We'll see how the next 2 games turn out, but right now, we're absolutely abusing OKC with our motion offense. They simply have no answer and are always a step behind.

BillMc
05-22-2014, 10:43 AM
That sequence was a thing of beauty. We are lucky Spurs fans.

Skull-1
05-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah it was amazing. I replayed it ten times on my DVR it was so awesome.

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Gorgeous.

boutons_deux
05-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Mozart basketball!

Beaverfuzz
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Simmons did take that comment back during the Portland series. Said he wished he had never said it.

who gives a shit what Simmons says or thinks? He's a Boston honk through and through and is still pissed that the Spurs got the #1 pick for Timmuh.

EVAY
05-22-2014, 12:28 PM
who gives a shit what Simmons says or thinks? He's a Boston honk through and through and is still pissed that the Spurs got the #1 pick for Timmuh.

Hey, Chill. I was just answering the poster who was quoting Simmons as having said that, and telling him that even Simmons backed off.. .

Purely informational tidbits, tbh. No editorializing or saying someone was right or wrong or whatever.

Capster
05-22-2014, 01:27 PM
We'll see how the next 2 games turn out, but right now, we're absolutely abusing OKC with our motion offense. They simply have no answer and are always a step behind.

I have a feeling that OKC will come out BIG in Game 3 at home. HOWEVER.......there is NO stopping the Spurs machine, tbh!!!!!
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0403/nba_a_durant_576x324.jpg

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Tony has been flat out dropping dimes these first two games. He's always been a very good (underrated passer), but these two games might be the best I have ever seen him pass. Incredible.

Solid D
05-22-2014, 01:48 PM
That hi-low action goes on all the time (since Malik Rose played the 4 in small lineup). Only difference is the behind the back pass and the flair of last night's play. 'Thing of beauty!

Triangulatin' like Velociraptors.

Dex
05-22-2014, 02:10 PM
That hi-low action goes on all the time (since Malik Rose played the 4 in small lineup). Only difference is the behind the back pass and the flair of last night's play. 'Thing of beauty!

Triangulatin' like Velociraptors.

I feel like Pop has made a particular emphasis of that action this season, particularly the high-low passing and big-to-big passing on the interior. I think this was also in reaction to the Heat, who struggle to defend the lane once you've broken down the second line of defense.

Solid D
05-22-2014, 03:50 PM
I feel like Pop has made a particular emphasis of that action this season, particularly the high-low passing and big-to-big passing on the interior. I think this was also in reaction to the Heat, who struggle to defend the lane once you've broken down the second line of defense.

The past 2 years has been the best since Fabri was here in '07. It all depends on the passing ability of the Bigs. D-Rob, Malik, Horry, Oberto, Tiago and Boris...with Timmy. These guys have all run that triangle effectively with the guard entering the offense and the low post guy turning and sealing.

Rasho, Francisco, Willis, no so much. Scola would have been amazing...if...

Dex
05-22-2014, 03:57 PM
The past 2 years has been the best since Fabri was here in '07. It all depends on the passing ability of the Bigs. D-Rob, Malik, Horry, Oberto, Tiago and Boris...with Timmy. These guys have all run that triangle effectively with the guard entering the offense and the low post guy turning and sealing.

Rasho, Francisco, Willis, no so much. Scola would have been amazing...if...

SCOLA THREAD!!!!

gnsf0946
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM

Ibaka would cover Splitter and still recover in time to deny Tim, say what you want but Ibaka really is that big of a difference for Thunder vs. Spurs (not so much vs. other teams)

Solid D
05-22-2014, 05:27 PM
SCOLA THREAD!!!!

:lol. :smokin

FuzzyLumpkins
05-22-2014, 05:40 PM
All that play tells me is that Brooks cannot play Durant at the 4 if he wants any chance at winning.

Solid D
05-22-2014, 05:44 PM

Not the play I was thinking of (hi - low action).

Mugen
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
All that play tells me is that Brooks cannot play Durant at the 4 if he wants any chance at winning.

This is early in the 1st so Durant is at the 3 and Collison is at the 4.

The only chance the Thunder have in this series is going small, have as many athletes out there as possible, and just hope the Spurs miss shots. If they stay big for the majority of games, they're dead and this ends in a sweep tbh.

pgardn
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Durant let's Splitter behind him, Perkins bails him out and of course Durant sees Duncan way too late to help since he lost his man in the first place.

Tony penetrating like that made the bigs hesitate or step up ( Collison) setting things up to begin with.