PDA

View Full Version : Walton brings Heat fans back to Earth

Walton Buys Off Me
08-11-2005, 05:10 PM
'Should we make arrangements for the championship parade in South Beach next summer'? That's what yours truly keeps hearing from all the hip, young actresses he's been banging of late. Let me remind these silicon-laden trollips and you fairweather Heat fans of a few things before you go spending some money that you'll never see returns on (wait, isn't that what Pat Riley did this summer)?

So here we go, the Heat were essentially five minutes away from having their asses handed to them by the Spurs in this year's Finals and instead of retaining the same nucleus that got them there, they do away with Damon Jones (who set a new career high by making 43% of his threes last year), Eddie Jones (arguably Miami's most consistent player in the Eastern Conference Finals) and Keyon Dooling (ok fine, they'll find a new waterboy). So that's what the Heat gave up, let's look at what they added; Antoine (I never met a shot I didn't like) Walker whose stint with Miami will be his fourth team in three years, James Posey (somebody remind me what's so special about this guy) and then everybody's favourite pile of steaming white trash, Jason Williams, who when he's not being busted for selling weed on COPS, is getting outplayed and losing his cool on a regular basis. The coup-de-gras however was the Heat's 100 million dollar commitment to a guy that hasn't played a full season since 1991 with the Magic and who moved around like C3PO in game 7 against Detroit last year. This is a guy you want to committing 40% of your payroll for the next five years to? The Heat essentially did excatly what the Lakers management was smart enough not to do, handicap themselves financially for the forceable future by signing a virtual handicap to a deal that forces them to fill out their roster with guys from Arkansas who are the own fathers.

It seems to me like Riley and the Heat and counting on Shaq's infamous general managerial skills (Payton and Malone) at luring high priced talent to South Beach for a chance at a ring. Is that the pitch Robert Horry recently rejected? The only thing you'll get in South Beach for the next five years, aside from neon speedos and pastel blazers is watching Shaq's fat ass sit on the bench in April and May because his little toe hurts.

Heat fans- if (and that's a big if) Shaq stays healthy for the playoffs then you might be able to beat either the Pistons or the Pacers, maybe. Do that first and then we'll talk bitches.........till then, concentrate on filling your arena for starters.

Small fries......you gotta love 'em.

AI-square
08-11-2005, 05:15 PM
The only thing you'll get in South Beach for the next five years, aside from neon speedos and pastel blazers is watching Shaq's fat ass sit on the bench in April and May because his little toe hurts.

Small fries......you gotta love 'em.

Entertaining articles dissing Shaq... you gotta love 'em.

Brutalis
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Nice.

My thoughts exactly.

T Park
08-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Walton's thoughts are exactly on the money.

I have yet to see what the Heat have done, that makes them SOOOO much better this year than last...

my2sons
08-11-2005, 10:11 PM
i wonder what color they'll paint the lower level seats to make it look like there is a body in that seat....wonder if they'll average 11000 fans a game

leemajors
08-11-2005, 11:59 PM
they and the suns are tinkering way too much with their respective lineups.

Jimcs50
08-12-2005, 08:02 AM
The Heat can not beat Indy this year, so this is all moot.