PDA

View Full Version : If there's an aspect that the Spurs could still improve on...

100%duncan
05-22-2014, 03:17 AM
... to make sure that they are going back to SA only needing 1 win or just to wait for the Heat, what would it be? The Spurs playing like this makes it hard for anyone to criticize anything or look for something to improve on, my homer glasses can't seem to identify any flaws. What do you guys think tbh?

hooperflash
05-22-2014, 03:28 AM
Show no mercy, kill'em . :flag:

Baam
05-22-2014, 03:58 AM
... to make sure that they are going back to SA only needing 1 win or just to wait for the Heat, what would it be? The Spurs playing like this makes it hard for anyone to criticize anything or look for something to improve on, my homer glasses can't seem to identify any flaws. What do you guys think tbh?

There's plenty of flaws, the Thunder minus Ibaka is probably the weakest team they've faced in this run is all.

100%duncan
05-22-2014, 05:11 AM
There's plenty of flaws, the Thunder minus Ibaka is probably the weakest team they've faced in this run is all.

I always watch the vid on your sig everytime you post. Might be the shot of the season if we win it all tbh. :smokin

szkorhetz
05-22-2014, 05:18 AM
I always watch the vid on your sig everytime you post. Might be the shot of the season if we win it all tbh. :smokin

We almost went fishing in the first round, and right now we are looking like the best team ever playing basketball. Amazing turnaround.

100%duncan
05-22-2014, 05:20 AM
We almost went fishing in the first round, and right now we are looking like the best team ever playing basketball. Amazing turnaround.

Yes because of that fat fuck :lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-22-2014, 06:14 AM
There is none. Dallas exploited every weakness the Spurs had (thanks again Coach Rick), and the Spurs have shored up mostly every weakness since then. 7 of the last 8 games have been BLOWOUTS, and the one game they did lose they purposely threw IMO.

They still have weaknesses, all teams do, but they have none that they don't know about. So the Spurs have learned to compensate since then.

BanditHiro
05-22-2014, 06:15 AM
They can improve on their ability to not choke and close out teams first chance you get. Choking is the Spurs biggest weakness.

Kidd K
05-22-2014, 08:01 AM
I'd almost prefer not sweeping just so their heads don't get too swollen, and get some recent experience with bouncing back after a loss. . .

Okay fuck it, I want to see the NBA's darling team get swept in 4 blowouts. :lmao

mercos
05-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Right now the only problem I see is weak 3rd quarters. If the Spurs can play the 3rd quarters like they did last night, they are made in the shade.

vander
05-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Relying to much on role players hitting rediculous 3's. and I don't like how easily Westbrook gets to the rim sometimes, foul him hard if necessary, no easy layups

spurspokesman
05-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Stop sagging off 3pt shooters so much. The thunder and Derek fisher despite being blown out got plenty good looks from 3 in game one and certain spots in game two, but spurs have been making a better effort at running shooters off the 3 spot

T Park
05-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Thunder's offensive rebounding and second chance points bothered me last night. Not being more aggressive in drives to the basket, still settle for too many jump shots when the thunder have no inside defensive presence.
Falling for Butler, Sefolosha's pump fakes.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Box out better. Less turnovers. Thunder were ahead for a while just because they had like 5 more shot attempts than the Spurs.

Get back on defense after a miss because the Thunder really want to get out in transition. Their guards pretty much get the ball in full stride at nearly the half-court line and can beat all but 1-2 guys to the basket from that position.

I think Duncan could do a better job on the PnR defense. When Westbrook comes off a screen, Duncan has a hard time even preventing a lay-up since Westbrook could either go right over him if he doesn't play him closely enough, or he can go around him when he does play slightly too closely. It's hard, but it's pretty much up to Duncan to do something about it unless Pop is willing to give up open shots to others or plays Duncan less.

Stop fouling.

Patty is pretty much useless on defense and the Thunder iso or post-up whoever he is guarding, Spurs need to be more ready for this since it got the Thunder some easy baskets last game when they helped off too much.

Duncan after receiving a pass in motion or after penetration >>>>>>>> Duncan posting up on Perkins or Adams.

There were other things but those stand out after 2 games.

Seventyniner
05-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Thunder's offensive rebounding and second chance points bothered me last night.

Even then, the Spurs had 42 defensive rebounds and the Thunder had 11 offensive rebounds. That means the Spurs got just over 79% of the available defensive rebounds, a rate that would have led the league in the regular season.

It's almost impossible to find something wrong with last night's win. Just the way I like it.