PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will lose EXACTLY 4 more games this season!

mudyez
05-22-2014, 06:35 AM
...calling it now!

That said, I don't want us to go to the Finals as the fat sweeping cat.

spurspokesman
05-22-2014, 07:18 AM
So will your opinion change shall we sweep the thunder?

mudyez
05-22-2014, 07:29 AM
No, thats just what I'm implying!

Harry Callahan
05-22-2014, 07:52 AM
As long as they occur in two different series, I'm OK with that.

Harry Callahan
05-22-2014, 07:55 AM
The Heat are not going to have the juice to repeat what they did last year. SA is a more relaxed and confident team in 2014 - they still played better basketball than the Heat did over the seven games last year and could not close it out. And they have HCA this time without the 2-3-2. That will be huge if they finish off OKC, in my opinion.

I also think the Spurs constant lineup tinkering throughout the season was to prepare for the two teams they knew they would have to beat this year - OKC and Miami. They should be able to play big OR small this time around. Splitter is playing 100% better this year. Mills, Leonard, Green, and Marco to a lesser extent give us a better chance this year assuming no one gets hurt.

If Indiana makes it to the finals, their collective mental state would make them pretty vulnerable. I don't think they will get it done against Miami.

The Spurs look to be on a mission now.

Kidd K
05-22-2014, 07:58 AM
The Heat are not going to have the juice to repeat what they did last year. SA is a more relaxed and confident team in 2014 - they still played better basketball than the Heat did over the seven games last year and could not close it out. And they have HCA this time without the 2-3-2. That will be huge if they finish off OKC.

What? 2-3-2 is an edge to the HCA team. When you play 3 straight in the same place, it loses it's impact. Teams rarely win all 3 in a row iirc

Harry Callahan
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
What? 2-3-2 is an edge to the HCA team. When you play 3 straight in the same place, it loses it's impact. Teams rarely win all 3 in a row iirc

I look back to the Detroit series in 2005 - the Spurs had HCA, won the first two games and were within an eyelash of losing three in a row in Detroit (a very fortunate Robert Horry game saved them).

SA got one of the first two games in Miami last time. If they had been more solid than Miami in Game 4, Miami gets only two home games.

I believe having game 5 in SA in the finals (if they get there) will be a good thing in 2014.

SA should be able to handle either situation with this roster - SA should win road games regardless of the opponent.