PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

Andy
05-22-2014, 10:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/10968237/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-discusses-own-prejudices-how-handles-them

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Bruce overreacting.

Budkin
05-22-2014, 11:48 AM
http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/ns3ula1ndhiwsusn1bya.jpg

m>s
05-22-2014, 12:08 PM
mark is a smart guy but he's blue pilled and naive as hell

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Bruce overreacting.

Didn't hear what he said, do you have a link?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Didn't hear what he said, do you have a link?It's in the OP. Bruce talks after Cuban.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 12:29 PM
It's in the OP. Bruce talks after Cuban.

Thanks - it was the third video. Didn't have too much of an issue with Bruce. He didn't fly of the handle or anything & just had a different view on it.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks - it was the third video. Didn't have too much of an issue with Bruce. He didn't fly of the handle or anything & just had a different view on it.Didn't know it was separate. I wasn't talking about his mannerisms. Cuban was talking about an uncomfortable subject; it was unrealistic to want him to edit himself about his prejudices when he was talking about his prejudices.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Sure, I just agree with Wilbon that you could have done the same thing without the "imagery". Ultimately, it was a good conversation and Cuban openly discussing it is a big deal and I agreed with his overall sentiment. I was saying I didn't think Bruce overreacted. I thought he was going to claim racism or something else, but he didn't. He was just more surprised that an owner would so openly discuss things because of the potential ramifications of any distraction. Was thinking like a businessman.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Sure, I just agree with Wilbon that you could have done the same thing without the "imagery". Ultimately, it was a good conversation and Cuban openly discussing it is a big deal and I agreed with his overall sentiment. I was saying I didn't think Bruce overreacted. I thought he was going to claim racism or something else, but he didn't. He was just more surprised that an owner would so openly discuss things because of the potential ramifications of any distraction. Was thinking like a businessman.It would have been interesting to see if Bruce had been asked the question about playing for Cuban.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 12:44 PM
I think Bruce understood (and even agreed about the overall point) he just didn't like the imagery and the fact it was an owner saying it especially with all the heat on the NBA right now with Sterling.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 12:45 PM
But Clark was really well spoken and articulate - dude has a career ahead of him IMO.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 12:49 PM
I think Bruce understood (and even agreed about the overall point) he just didn't like the imagery and the fact it was an owner saying it especially with all the heat on the NBA right now with Sterling.Right, IMO it was an overreaction -- but it's a sensitive time for everyone.

Avante
05-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Why this need to play pretend I will never understand. I don't want my daughter dating black guys and my best friend/best man is black.

I don't wanna be on a plane with six young Arabs, obviously together.

Why ths need to bullshit? Most people aren't cool with the crimes we see in areas with a huge hispanic/black population. That's just reality.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 01:01 PM
I don't want my daughter dating black guys
not even Russell Wilson?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:07 PM
not even Russell Wilson?Definitely not. He couldn't brag about his playing intramural flag football at the College of the Sequoias anymore.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Definitely not. He couldn't brag about his playing intramural flag football at the College of the Sequoias anymore.
not to mention the suspiciously tight ends he encountered in vietnam

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
lol "my best friend is black."

Blake
05-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Why this need to play pretend I will never understand. I don't want my daughter dating black guys and my best friend/best man is black.

I don't wanna be on a plane with six young Arabs, obviously together.

Why ths need to bullshit? Most people aren't cool with the crimes we see in areas with a huge hispanic/black population. That's just reality.

Fine, just don't pretend you aren't racist.

jimbo
05-22-2014, 01:26 PM

Maybe he's just got a thing against guys with big dicks?

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Definitely not. He couldn't brag about his playing intramural flag football at the College of the Sequoias anymore.

Dude, I never played football for COS, ok? I played in the Visalia City Flag Football League for 15 years. I also played four years HS ball and three years Naval base football. Get it right.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:32 PM

So if you prefer your daughter to be with other whites you are a racist?

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:33 PM

You're the one talking about cock little fella, not me.

monosylab1k
05-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Cuban just picked the wrong minority to mention. Bigotry is perfectly acceptable in this country, except against blacks or gays.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:35 PM
not to mention the suspiciously tight ends he encountered in vietnam

Never had liberty in VN as I've mentioned that numerous times. Get it right little man, ok?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Dude, I never played football for COS, ok? I played in the Visalia City Flag Football League for 15 years. I also played four years HS ball and three years Naval base football. Get it right.:lmao

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
not even Russell Wilson?

I don't give a fuck about RW other than he;s a great QB who has won more games in his two seasons than any QB in history did in theirs.

Blake
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM

Or maybe he's afraid his daughter will steal his boyfriend.

Blake
05-22-2014, 01:44 PM
So if you prefer your daughter to be with other whites you are a racist?

Blow the dust off your shelf and find a dictionary, retard.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Or maybe he's afraid his daughter will steal his boyfriend.

Dude, are we back to acting 15 again? That was stupid guy.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:46 PM
So if you prefer your daughter to be with other whites you are a racist?Yes.

Of course.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Blow the dust off your shelf and find a dictionary, retard.

I;m not the one calling people a racist retard. Prove your point or shut the fuck up.

Clipper Nation
05-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Dude, I never played football for COS, ok? I played in the Visalia City Flag Football League for 15 years. I also played four years HS ball and three years Naval base football. Get it right.
You're fat, old, and slow....

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Yes.

Of course.

So we are all racists then.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
You're fat, old, and slow....

Then there's always reality, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, my dad is an old man, and I'd totally blow you away in any race.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:52 PM
So we are all racists then.You are assuming everyone thinks like you.

That isn't true.

Clipper Nation
Then there's always reality, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, my dad is an old man, and I'd totally blow you away in any race.
translation

You're fat, old, and slow

ChumpDumper
Then there's always reality, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, my dad is an old man, and I'd totally blow you away in any race.You're full of shit. Stop making this thread about you.

Blake
05-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Dude, are we back to acting 15 again? That was stupid guy.

You act like an ignorant 95 year old that won't admit to himself his love for black men.

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:54 PM
You are assuming everyone thinks like you.

That isn't true.

So what % of white fathers would be cool with their daughter marrying a black guy?

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:56 PM
You act like an ignorant 95 year old that won't admit to himself his love for black men.

You don't read too good do ya slick?

Avante
05-22-2014, 01:56 PM
You're full of shit. Stop making this thread about you.

I'll do whatever I want little man, got it?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:57 PM
So what % of white fathers would be cool with their daughter marrying a black guy?No percentage would change the fact that you are a racist for thinking it.

Just live with it and let us talk about the OP.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 01:57 PM
I'll do whatever I want little man, got it?Go ahead and keep begging people to talk about you. It's fine.

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:02 PM
No percentage would change the fact that you are a racist for thinking it.

Just live with it and let us talk about the OP.

Answer my question, what % of white fathers would be cool with having their daughter marry a black guy? Answer the question or shut the fuck up.

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Go ahead and keep begging people to talk about you. It's fine.

In case ya haven't noticed little man everyone wants to talk to me. You're the one following everyone around.

spurraider21
Answer my question, what % of white fathers would be cool with having their daughter marry a black guy? Answer the question or shut the fuck up.
i can't speak for all white fathers, and any % would be pure speculation

ChumpDumper
Answer my question, what % of white fathers would be cool with having their daughter marry a black guy? Answer the question or shut the fuck up.My answer is it's irrelevant.

You can look it up if you are making a claim. It will still be irrelevant.

And you can't make me shut up or do anything else, shorty.

m>s
05-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Yes.

Of course.

:lmao shill harder shlomo

meanwhile israel remains a racially homogenous nation

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 02:06 PM
:lmao shill harder shlomo

meanwhile israel remains a racially homogenous nationWhy do racists get so upset when they declare themselves to be racists and I just agree they are racists?

Avante
05-22-2014, 02:09 PM
My answer is it's irrelevant.

You can look it up if you are making a claim. It will still be irrelevant.

And you can't make me shut up or do anything else, shorty.

Dude, answer the question, what % of white fathers would be cool having a black son in law?

Answer the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m>s
05-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Why do racists get so upset when they declare themselves to be racists and I just agree they are racists?

the R-word is just a tool used to control the gullible masses. avante never declared himself to be racist..but what you're doing is saying that if you want your race to survive and reproduce more white children and grandchildren then you're a "racist." some gullible sap like blake might read that and actually encourage his daughter to go out and engage in beastiality with jamal. you're evil because you know deep down that she will end up alone, supporting her half nigs alone and living the rest of her life as damaged goods.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Dude, answer the question, what % of white fathers would be cool having a black son in law?

Answer the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why are you freaking out?

You are trying to make a point. I have no knowledge of any scientific poll made for the question about which you are freaking out. Furthermore, I am under no obligation to make your point for you. If you know of such a poll, you are more than free to post it here.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 02:12 PM
the R-word is just a tool used to control the gullible masses. avante never declared himself to be racist..but what you're doing is saying that if you want your race to survive and reproduce more white children and grandchildren then you're a "racist." some gullible sap like blake might read that and actually encourage his daughter to go out and engage in beastiality with jamal. you're evil because you know deep down that she will end up alone, supporting her half nigs alone and living the rest of her life as damaged goods.Well, of course this makes you a racist.

Why are you so upset at being labeled what you demonstrably are?

m>s
05-22-2014, 02:15 PM
>being this obvious of a shill

i'm not upset at you calling me a racist, i'm upset at your shilling for race mixing and cultural marxism. some of the weaker minded goyim might read yours and other similar propaganda and actually encourage their children to race mix in the name of "muh racism"

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 02:19 PM
>being this obvious of a shill

i'm not upset at you calling me a racist, i'm upset at your shilling for race mixing and cultural marxism. some of the weaker minded goyim might read yours and other similar propaganda and actually encourage their children to race mix in the name of "muh racism"Of course you are upset at being called a racist. You are also upset that I am not supporting your racist views.

Sorry.

HI-FI
05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Cuban just picked the wrong minority to mention. Bigotry is perfectly acceptable in this country, except against blacks or gays.
truth bombs. You can't talk shit about blacks or gays anymore, despite issues with violence and aids. Asians, sandnigs, gingers, midgets etc...all fair game though to the elites. Man I miss the 80s, so many great movies you couldn't do anymore, even movies that were making fun of racism.

m>s
05-22-2014, 02:22 PM
depends on how you define "racist" and i never get upset about anything a liberal has to say

it pretty much gets tl;dr and forgotten about 2 seconds later. i'm more interested in the thoughts of real intellectuals like adolf hitler, marie le pen, ilias kasidiaris, etc

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 02:24 PM
depends on how you define "racist" and i never get upset about anything a liberal has to say

it pretty much gets tl;dr and forgotten about 2 seconds later. i'm more interested in the thoughts of real intellectuals like adolf hitler, marie le pen, ilias kasidiaris, etcSo why do you keep responding more than 2 seconds later?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Is Avante a WC troll or something? It's eerie.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
i get what cuban was trying to say but he executed his point poorly. there is nothing scary about a damn hoodie or someone with a lot of tattoos and not everyone is prejudiced as he says. he needs to speak for himself on that.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
So what % of white fathers would be cool with their daughter marrying a black guy?

what if the blacc guy was a tracc star in jamaica? you could have a grandchild with world class speed in your family tree.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 03:58 PM
i get what cuban was trying to say but he executed his point poorly. there is nothing scary about a damn hoodie or someone with a lot of tattoos and not everyone is prejudiced as he says. he needs to speak for himself on that.He did. That was the point.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 04:01 PM
truth bombs. You can't talk shit about blacks or gays anymore, despite issues with violence and aids. Asians, sandnigs, gingers, midgets etc...all fair game though to the elites. Man I miss the 80s, so many great movies you couldn't do anymore, even movies that were making fun of racism.

:cry:cry no fair. i want to be a white supremacist without getting backlash for it.:cry:cry

http://i57.tinypic.com/w7dj4k.png

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 04:01 PM
He did. That was the point.

he said "we're all a little prejudice" he spoke for everyone.

HI-FI
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM
:cry:cry no fair. i want to be a white supremacist without getting backlash for it.:cry:cry

http://i57.tinypic.com/w7dj4k.png
:lol
sup my pseudo-nig

Blake
05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
He did. That was the point.

He also spoke for everyone:

I mean, we're all prejudiced in one way or another........... And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of.*

Yeah I'd say he needs to just speak for himself

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 04:10 PM
sup my pseudo-nig

nothing much my white supremacist fellow spur fan.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 04:53 PM
i love the forced "cc" instead of "ck" since the djax incident. keep it up

Clipper Nation
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
i love the forced "cc" instead of "ck" since the djax incident. keep it up
Philo mad as fucc :lol

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 05:02 PM
not mad :lol. amused actually

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Trill living in La-La land :lol

He acts like he would walk the same through the rotten parts of CHI as he would on the Riverwalk. Could someone with a tats all over their face be a nice person? Of course, that doesn't mean that everyone is good and no one reacts or thinks about what could go wrong. Of course, it's to varying degrees (some healthy - i.e. the stuff that keeps you out of potentially dangerous situations / some not healthy - i.e. the stuff that makes you afraid of everyone without cause and hateful), but to act like you would treat everyone, regardless of appearance/setting the exact same way until *something bad happened* is an immature lie.

In fact, I know that's a lie from Trill since he's already said he doesn't trust white people and lumps them in together. I would ask him to show me one person he knows personally that has zero level of bias or prejudice.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 05:33 PM

fucc em lol

Trill living in La-La land :lol

He acts like he would walk the same through the rotten parts of CHI as he would on the Riverwalk. Could someone with a tats all over their face be a nice person? Of course, that doesn't mean that everyone is good and no one reacts or thinks about what could go wrong. Of course, it's to varying degrees (some healthy - i.e. the stuff that keeps you out of potentially dangerous situations / some not healthy - i.e. the stuff that makes you afraid of everyone without cause and hateful), but to act like you would treat everyone, regardless of appearance/setting the exact same way until *something bad happened* is an immature lie.

In fact, I know that's a lie from Trill since he's already said he doesn't trust white people and lumps them in together. I would ask him to show me one person he knows personally that has zero level of bias or prejudice.

i act like i would walk the mean streets of chicago late at night with no worries??? thats just dumb, why would i do that? anyways, just because someone is wearing a hoodie and has tats does not mean i'm going to turn into a coward and run like cuban. its a shame he's so easily threatened by something as common as a black person wearing a hoodie but then again, he is a sheltered billionaire.

if i'm out walking my dog at midnight and i see someone walking towards me in a hoodie, i'm not going to jump to a stereotype and move out of the way. i'll keep my guard up and go about my business. just like i expect most would do.

sorry, but believe it or not, i'm not afraid of any man walking this earth.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 05:38 PM
fucc em lol

i act like i would walk the mean streets of chicago late at night with no worries??? thats just dumb, why would i do that? anyways, just because someone is wearing a hoodie and has tats does not mean i'm going to turn into a coward and run like cuban. its a shame he's so easily threatened by something as common as a black person wearing a hoodie but then again, he is a sheltered billionaire.

if i'm out walking my dog at midnight and i see someone walking towards me in a hoodie, i'm not going to jump to a stereotype and move out of the way. i'll keep my guard up and go about my business. just like i expect most would do.

sorry, but believe it or not, i'm not afraid of any man walking this earth.

:lol So by your logic, you would have no issue walking the streets of CHI town seeing these lovely young men with tats and hoodies. Cool. Trill is fearless. If there is nothing to fear, and you fear no one, why would you treat the upstanding citizens of CHI Town any different?

It's not about being scared. It's about conflict and harm avoidance. It's like the stove argument. Do all stoves burn you if you touch them? No. But some are hot and will hurt you, that doesn't mean you go around touching every stove. He didn't just say black men either. That's typical to focus on that and the fact he said a white man as well. Has nothing to do with race and everything to do with instincts. Sometimes you may be wrong, but if you avoid certain situations where the likelihood of harm is higher, you are better off for it.

It's not like he's saying if he got to know that person in a hoodie with tats he would run from them. He's talking about people he doesn't know that seemingly have a higher chance of doing harm. As long as it stops there and doesn't bleed into you being a racist or treating people differently during other circumstances, then it's fine. This isn't a perfect world. There are bad people that will hurt you. It's your job to protect your family and friends. You are lying if you said you would walk you and your girl straight through a pile of bald white guys with in wife beaters with tats all on their necks and face (even if none of those tats signaled anything gang related or race related).

Kawhi
05-22-2014, 05:42 PM
:lol So by your logic, you would have no issue walking the streets of CHI town seeing these lovely young men with tats and hoodies. Cool. Trill is fearless. If there is nothing to fear, and you fear no one, why would you treat the upstanding citizens of CHI Town any different?

It's not about being scared. It's about conflict and harm avoidance. It's like the stove argument. Do all stoves burn you if you touch them? No. But some are hot and will hurt you, that doesn't mean you go around touching every stove. He didn't just say black men either. That's typical to focus on that and the fact he said a white man as well. Has nothing to do with race and everything to do with instincts. Sometimes you may be wrong, but if you avoid certain situations where the likelihood of harm is higher, you are better off for it.

It's not like he's saying if he got to know that person in a hoodie with tats he would run from them. He's talking about people he doesn't know that seemingly have a higher chance of doing harm. As long as it stops there and doesn't bleed into you being a racist or treating people differently during other circumstances, then it's fine. This isn't a perfect world. There are bad people that will hurt you. It's your job to protect your family and friends. You are lying if you said you would walk you and your girl straight through a pile of bald white guys with in wife beaters with tats all on their necks and face (even if none of those tats signaled anything gang related or race related).
Shut up faggot

ohmwrecker
05-22-2014, 05:43 PM
The problem is not what he said, but how he said it. Cuban is not very eloquent. He can't verbally communicate his point distinctly. He is really dumb for a guy who has made millions of dollars.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Just the fact you said "if I see someone in a hoodie, I would keep my guard up" illustrates a bias. If you treat everyone the same and have no bias at all, why keep your guard just because it's midnight and they are wearing a hoodie?

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 05:46 PM
The problem is not what he said, but how he said it. Cuban is not very eloquent. He can't verbally communicate his point distinctly. He is really dumb for a guy who has made millions of dollars.

I agree, but Mono is correct. If Cuban would have cut out the "black guy in a hoodie" part and only said the "tattooed white bald guy" everyone would be fine.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 05:47 PM
jesus christ...did cuban mention the streets of chicago???

what idiot would purposely go to the roughest part of chiraq and decide to walk the streets late at night and expect the people on those corners to be saints? makes no sense doggie.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
he said "we're all a little prejudice" he spoke for everyone.

I would agree with this. This board is proof.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 05:49 PM
You are missing the point. The point is there are biases (everyone has them) and it's just to what degree. You think everyone in CHI is bad? You don't think there are some young men who dress like some of the other bad dudes, that live in that area, that aren't really good people? Yet, because of the area, people would react the same way.

If there is truly no bias, you should be as fearless walking there as elsewhere and everyone gets a fair shot until they prove you wrong.

Also, I didn't see Cuban mention any specific city at all.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Just the fact you said "if I see someone in a hoodie, I would keep my guard up" illustrates a bias. If you treat everyone the same and have no bias at all, why keep your guard just because it's midnight and they are wearing a hoodie?

difference is mark put a blacc person in the hoodie. i don't discriminate that late at night. any person out at midnight in a hoodie while i'm walking my dog i will have my guard up around. not run from or hide like cuban.

EDIT: doesn't matter if its a hoodie or tee, my guard is up.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Trill's attempt at denying his prejudice makes this thread worthwhile.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
You are missing the point. The point is there are biases (everyone has them) and it's just to what degree. You think everyone in CHI is bad? You don't think there are some young men who dress like some of the other bad dudes, that live in that area, that aren't really good people? Yet, because of the area, people would react the same way.

If there is truly no bias, you should be as fearless walking there as elsewhere and everyone gets a fair shot until they prove you wrong.

Also, I didn't see Cuban mention any specific city at all.

he said everyone is prejudice, i don't agree.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 05:54 PM
so we're going to act like their are no racist undertones in regards to blaccs wearing hoodies???

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Trill's attempt at denying his prejudice makes this thread worthwhile.

not as worthwhile as you denying you're the weirdo with the ratcoon face for 200 pageshttp://i61.tinypic.com/95ohfc.png

Aztecfan03
05-22-2014, 06:01 PM
so we're going to act like their are no racist undertones in regards to blaccs wearing hoodies???

a lot of black gangbangers wear hoodies. Some white gangbangers do too but it is far less common.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 06:03 PM
not as worthwhile as you denying you're the weirdo with the ratcoon face for 200 pageshttp://i61.tinypic.com/95ohfc.png
lol attempting to change the subject + deadspin pic = salty trill

ohmwrecker
05-22-2014, 06:04 PM
What's a ratcoon?

Spurs da champs
05-22-2014, 06:06 PM
What's a ratcoon?
:lmao.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
What's a ratcoon?
Sounds racial tbh.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:08 PM
he said everyone is prejudice, i don't agree.

IMO, I think it's safe to say everyone is prejudice. No, I wouldn't dare to speak to what degree and lump people in that way, but everyone has some prejudice. Again, at least IMO, there is healthy prejudice (stuff that keeps you from walking the streets of CHIRAQ) and unhealthy prejudice (stuff that causes you to irrationally fear people for no real reason because of your bias).

He said White guy whose bald and face tats as well. Are you claiming he is racist towards whites as well? He (not very eloquently) was trying to make a point about some of the common biases. If he just would have said the white guy part and omitted the black guy part it sounds like you would have no issue with it for the most part.

Thebesteva
05-22-2014, 06:11 PM
IMO, I think it's safe to say everyone is prejudice. No, I wouldn't dare to speak to what degree and lump people in that way, but everyone has some prejudice. Again, at least IMO, there is healthy prejudice (stuff that keeps you from walking the streets of CHIRAQ) and unhealthy prejudice (stuff that causes you to irrationally fear people for no real reason because of your bias).

He said White guy whose bald and face tats as well. Are you claiming he is racist towards whites as well? He (not very eloquently) was trying to make a point about some of the common biases. If he just would have said the white guy part and omitted the black guy part it sounds like you would have no issue with it for the most part.

Save your logical arguments, Trill is a certified retard tbh

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:13 PM
a lot of black gangbangers wear hoodies. Some white gangbangers do too but it is far less common.

really? i didn't know gangmembers had a standard uniform besides repping their colors.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 06:15 PM
really? i didn't know gangmembers had a standard uniform besides repping their colors.so one could draw conclusions about a person solely on the colors they wear?

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:19 PM
really? i didn't know gangmembers had a standard uniform besides repping their colors.

How many gang members have you seen hanging around wearing clean cut suits? Do they all wear hoodies as uniform? Obviously not and wearing a hoodie doesn't make you a gangster. But since many gang members dress a certain way, the closer you are to that spectrum, the closer you are associated with that.

There is a gang culture, just like there are all types of cultures. Some people like the culture even if they don't know/agree with everything that happens within that culture and they emulate that. That's what you seem to be alluding to and it's true. It doesn't mean that there isn't a correlation.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:21 PM

the prejudice he spoke on was from a racial standpoint. i disagree that everyone is prejudice when it comes to race.

there are no racist stereotypes about bald head white guys and tattoos. he used a poor analogy and he owned up to it and apologized. he tried to make a point(which i agreed with) but used a poor analogy. it is what it is. i do applaud him for being open about his bigotry, though.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:22 PM
How many gang members have you seen hanging around wearing clean cut suits? Do they all wear hoodies as uniform?

http://i58.tinypic.com/2s150ec.png

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:23 PM
the prejudice he spoke on was from a racial standpoint. i disagree that everyone is prejudice when it comes to race.

there are no racist stereotypes about bald head white guys and tattoos. he used a poor analogy and he owned up to it and apologized. he tried to make a point(which i agreed with) but used a poor analogy. it is what it is. i do applaud him for being open about his bigotry, though.

:lol There are no stereotypes about bald head white guys. Damn it, I thought for a second we were having a discussion. Master troll. strikes again.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:23 PM

So one. I can probably post a lot more pictures of gang members in hoodies than you can of gang members in suits.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:24 PM
I think you are focusing on one aspect of what he said. I'm sure if asked, he would cross the street if it was a hooded white guy as well.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Obviously not and wearing a hoodie doesn't make you a gangster. But since many gang members dress a certain way, the closer you are to that spectrum, the closer you are associated with that. .

so a mavs hoodie is gang attire?

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:26 PM
So one. I can probably post a lot more pictures of gang members in hoodies than you can of gang members in suits.

go ahead lol

Trill Clinton
05-22-2014, 06:28 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/241qpfp.jpg

^^hardcore banger

Stabula
05-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Mark Cuban is a straight dick rider tbh

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Trill do you hold prejudices?

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:44 PM
:lol Trill

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 06:45 PM
so a mavs hoodie is gang attire?

So reppin' a colored rag in my jeans back pocket makes me a gang member? Wearing all blue (shout out to my fam) makes me a thug?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey, an Italian stereotype. Which side of the argument does this go to?

~O~
05-22-2014, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't care if my daughter dated any man of any race. I just want my daughter to marry a man with character.

DPG21920
05-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey, I for one am glad this type of stuff is out there a bit more. It's a good thing. Doesn't mean there aren't a lot of ignorant people or that it's not frustrating to discuss at times.

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2014, 07:49 PM
I agree with mark I hate blacks too

Jacob1983
05-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Everyone has prejudice because humans judge people based on their appearance and first impressions. If you say you don't, you're a lying piece of shite.

HI-FI
05-22-2014, 11:41 PM

Franklin
05-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Everyone has prejudice because humans judge people based on their appearance and first impressions. If you say you don't, you're a lying piece of shite.
Guys don't judge bitches by what the wear outside but what they wear inside imho. I don't know that of course since I'm a lifelong celibate, other people told me so.

dg7md
05-23-2014, 12:07 AM
:lol The amount of racists on SpursTalk is baffling, you'd think you'd find this kind of racism at a golf forum.

dg7md
05-23-2014, 12:08 AM
I wouldn't care if my daughter dated any man of any race. I just want my daughter to marry a man with character.

This is it right here, to be like "I don't want her dating black guys" is supremely racist and there's no doubting that. There are many men of color that have great personalities, same with caucasians, and there's just as many ones of those that have zero character as well, such as racist, backwards-minded people.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2014, 12:33 AM
:lol The amount of racists on SpursTalk is baffling, you'd think you'd find this kind of racism at a golf forum.Or hockey, basically any other sport.

The best part is they get all butthurt when they are called out on their racism and try to use even more racist reasoning to justify their racism.

Jacob1983
05-23-2014, 01:16 AM
Everyone has prejudices toward certain types of people. A lot of it comes from bad experiences by a person from a certain group. People assume that everyone from said certain group is that way. Not saying it's right or should be encouraged but it happens. It's a flaw of human's emotions and thoughts.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2014, 01:22 AM

hate the fkn blacks/illegals who never been discipline in a detention camps, u know the que jumpers who get into ur country without going through the system to learn shit how its done before settlement...

these fkn clowns never heard or learn about lining up for shit, they just jump straight ahead of the que for shit for everything, think they are self entitled to everything first

if i ever see a bunch of illegals or black fcks in a elevator, ima kick the elevator doors to make them stay stuck for a few hours, they probably panic like the bitches they are and dont know shit to do, black africans and black arabs, they suck monkey dick

The Batman
05-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Blacks are most prejudiced against other blacks. tbh.

doobs
05-23-2014, 10:32 AM
He shouldn't have apologized to the Martin family.

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Everyone has prejudices toward certain types of people. A lot of it comes from bad experiences by a person from a certain group. People assume that everyone from said certain group is that way. Not saying it's right or should be encouraged but it happens. It's a flaw of human's emotions and thoughts.

True. Also, some of it comes from external sources like media, family, community, etc. Some people never question or explore their own biases an prejudices. Cuban did. He should be commended, imo.

Fpoonsie
05-23-2014, 04:44 PM
I'd totally blow any race.

How open-minded of you.

Ricky Davis
05-23-2014, 05:27 PM

not the right forum for this kind of statement imho