View Full Version : Top 10 Christian fails 2013

Pages : [1] 2

RandomGuy
05-22-2014, 07:17 PM
7Nx1y6ACscM

The Goldfish cracker thing... wow.

RD2191
05-22-2014, 08:23 PM
:lolWhy don't you post the long list of science fails?

Franklin
05-22-2014, 08:41 PM
A Maryland jury found a former pastor guilty of molesting three teenage boys decades ago and now faces nearly a lifetime in prison.
Nathaniel “Nate” Morales, 56, was found guilty on five counts of child molestation dating back to the late 1980s and early 1990s, ending a long and emotional case. The pastoral team at Covenant Life Church was also under scrutiny for not contacting authorities and properly warning the congregation.Reportedly the abuse was made known several years later, but they did not report the allegations to the police in the mid 1990s. Morales disappeared shortly after his victims told their parents what was going on, but he later went on to work as a pastor in Las Vegas and married a woman with five sons from a previous relationship.
During the trial, former Covenant Life pastor Grant Layman admitted he should have reported what he knew.
“Did you have an obligation to report the alleged abuse,” public defender Alan Drew, who represented Morales, asked during cross-examination. “I believe so,” Layman replied. “And you didn’t,” Drew followed-up. “No,” Layman said.
In a statement (http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/05/nathaniel-morales-of-covenant-life-church-convicted-of-sexually-abusing-young-boys-103175.html) issued after the verdict, state officials said abuse in the church is particularly heinous. “Sexually abusing boys who trust you because of your prominence in your faith community is unforgivable,” said Ramon Korionoff, spokesman for the state attorney’s office. “These grown men have shown a lot of courage to come forward in reporting these incidents of sexual abuse during their childhoods. It lets other victims of abuse in our community know that they can come forward and justice will be served.”
Morales now faces up to 85 years in prison. A sentence hearing is set for Aug. 14.
http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/maryland-pastor-nate-morales-guilty-on-child-molestation-charges-17115/

Blake
05-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Those are funny but that dude is annoying

Blake
05-22-2014, 08:46 PM

Because science and religion are equals, two sides if the same coin etc, amirite?

DMC
05-22-2014, 09:51 PM

Science is a study. How can it fail?

Avante
05-23-2014, 01:25 AM
I know a lot of Christians and those who bah humbug. It seems to me those with a God are far far happier than those without one. So I don't see how we can have many failures with Christianity, it beats the hell out of being a dumb atheist.

Asshole
05-23-2014, 01:40 AM
I know a lot of Christians and those who bah humbug. It seems to me those with a God are far far happier than those without one. So I don't see how we can have many failures with Christianity, it beats the hell out of being a dumb atheist.

Well ignorance is bliss.

Avante
05-23-2014, 01:44 AM
Well ignorance is bliss.

I totally agree Asshole.

Asshole
05-23-2014, 02:04 AM
I totally agree Asshole.

I just might love you. We could go somewhere and throw beads at people, have sex in catholic churches.

RandomGuy
05-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Yeah, I realized that after I finished watching the whole thing. Lesson learned. The guy is a jerk.

RandomGuy
05-23-2014, 12:16 PM

Kids are happier believing in santa claus. That doesn't mean believing in untrue things is good for you.

DD
05-23-2014, 12:20 PM
lol RandomGoy

Avante
05-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Kids are happier believing in santa claus. That doesn't mean believing in untrue things is good for you.

You really thought I was talking about kids, come on man.

DarrinS
05-23-2014, 03:53 PM

A lot of atheists are annoying.

Check out this wacko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0OOEo0k2k

spurraider21
05-23-2014, 05:22 PM
feel free to start a thread and post it

purist
05-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Christianity or any spirituality is not about happiness; it's about self realization of who you are in the worl/universe. Whether someone else does or does not believe in the existence of God has no bearing on a "believer's" fulfillment in their own personal belief. Comparing such belief to Santa Claus is ridiculous therefore because people of belief have found evidence of their belief in very personal manifestations of that belief in their lives. You can tell me there is no God and that in itself is a belief, so who am I to convince you otherwise. Likewise, who are you to convince me that God does not exist. You point to science to prove a creation without God and I point to science prove a creation by God. The two are not mutually exclusive concepts. IMO they can and should coexist-- just like believers and non believers.

Oh, Gee!!
05-24-2014, 09:04 AM

Like gravity. That shit's bogus

Blake
05-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Christianity or any spirituality is not about happiness; it's about self realization of who you are in the worl/universe. Whether someone else does or does not believe in the existence of God has no bearing on a "believer's" fulfillment in their own personal belief. Comparing such belief to Santa Claus is ridiculous therefore because people of belief have found evidence of their belief in very personal manifestations of that belief in their lives. You can tell me there is no God and that in itself is a belief, so who am I to convince you otherwise. Likewise, who are you to convince me that God does not exist. You point to science to prove a creation without God and I point to science prove a creation by God. The two are not mutually exclusive concepts. IMO they can and should coexist-- just like believers and non believers.

who is telling you there is no god?

How about you just prove yours exists. If you can't then please take your seat with the kids at the Santa Claus table and keep your creation talk out of our science books. Thanks.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2014, 10:00 AM
lol jeebotards

purist
05-24-2014, 06:15 PM
who is telling you there is no god?

How about you just prove yours exists. If you can't then please take your seat with the kids at the Santa Claus table and keep your creation talk out of our science books. Thanks.

I don't need to prove anything because it is my belief and I have to live with the consequences of my belief, such as being ridiculed by you. You, in your non belief, are entitled to same. I'm not asking you to prove God doesn't exist. That's what you believe and that's your belief to live with, not mine. All that said, generally sitting at the kids table is a lot more fun than sitting at the grown up table where a-holes debate topics like the existence of God instead of enjoying each other's company.

purist
05-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Oh, and I never said creation belongs in science books. You presumed that's what I believe. I don't.

Blake
05-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh, and I never said creation belongs in science books. You presumed that's what I believe. I don't.

ok, but you said creation and science should coexist.

where else would they coexist?

Blake
05-24-2014, 08:39 PM
All that said, generally sitting at the kids table is a lot more fun than sitting at the grown up table where a-holes debate topics like the existence of God instead of enjoying each other's company.

Lol nobody really believes that it's more fun being a Christian than not.

purist
05-24-2014, 09:02 PM
ok, but you said creation and science should coexist.

where else would they coexist?

They coexist in our culture, in our diversity of beliefs or mom belief. They should coexist as they always have - in open discussion and philosophical exploration. IMO we do ourselves a disservice when we dismiss counter thought out of hand without at least some consideration.

Ignignokt
05-24-2014, 10:30 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/579/510/389.png

Ignignokt
05-24-2014, 10:46 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/579/510/389.png

Blake
05-25-2014, 04:39 PM
They coexist in our culture, in our diversity of beliefs or mom belief. They should coexist as they always have - in open discussion and philosophical exploration. IMO we do ourselves a disservice when we dismiss counter thought out of hand without at least some consideration.

What's to consider? You can't prove a creator exists. If you want to keep it in a philosophical discussion, ok, but there's no disservice.

In fact, it's a disservice to our society to introduce it into our culture, tbhimo

purist
05-25-2014, 06:35 PM
What's to consider? You can't prove a creator exists. If you want to keep it in a philosophical discussion, ok, but there's no disservice.

In fact, it's a disservice to our society to introduce it into our culture, tbhimo

Belief in the supernatural is as old as man. To deny it is to revise our history. Belief in a god whether you can prove it or not should not be offensive to anyone, so long as the believer doesn't force that belief on others. And I think that's where we, who believe, have done a disservice to ourselves. We try too hard to prove we're right rather than just live our lives in our belief and let others do the same. So given that I can understand why someone would be put off by the idea of belief in God. Anyway, to each his own is what I'm trying to say. I don't think that's being pushy or presumptuous.

Blake
05-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Belief in the supernatural is as old as man. To deny it is to revise our history.

nothing wrong with that if it pushes us towards a better place as a society.

belief in the supernatural serves no purpose to that goal. In fact, religions such as christianity have held us back over the course of time.

Avante
05-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Who are the two biggest retards in this thread yep, Blake and ClipperNation. Are they ever happy about anything, nope! Do they spend 90% of their time here in the negative or bugging people, yep. They are a perfect example of what I was talking about. Would a Christian act like those two freaks, nope!

There was a time when if you tried to explain the cell phone to people you'd been called crazy. Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean anything, try and prove your emotions.

Blake
05-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Who are the two biggest retards in this thread yep, Blake and ClipperNation. Are they ever happy about anything, nope! Do they spend 90% of their time here in the negative or bugging people, yep. They are a perfect example of what I was talking about. Would a Christian act like those two freaks, nope!

There was a time when if you tried to explain the cell phone to people you'd been called crazy. Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean anything, try and prove your emotions.

lol you actually edited that mess

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 11:30 AM
nothing wrong with that if it pushes us towards a better place as a society.

belief in the supernatural serves no purpose to that goal. In fact, religions such as christianity have held us back over the course of time.

Then prove what you keep saying is true, or quit trying to FORCE those who believe into not believing.
You can't have it both ways. No one is forcing you to believe the way they do.
Geez, what an idiot you are tbh.
You can add m>s to the CN and Blake list.

Blake
05-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Then prove what you keep saying is true, or quit trying to FORCE those who believe into not believing.
You can't have it both ways. No one is forcing you to believe the way they do.
Geez, what an idiot you are tbh.
You can add m>s to the CN and Blake list.

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything here.

Your reading comprehension skills suck, ivy.

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 01:18 PM

You're the one who wanted him to prove his belief and wouldn't accept his explanation.
So you prove your belief then!
If you want him to do it so badly, then you should be willing and able to prove what you believe.
If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it.

Blake
05-26-2014, 01:27 PM
You're the one who wanted him to prove his belief and wouldn't accept his explanation.
If you want him to do it so badly, then you should be willing and able to prove what you believe.

I don't have a belief, idiot.

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 01:28 PM

Typical, instead of owning up to your fuck up, you make excuses and try to get out of it.
The man was being honest and straight forward with you as well as civil and respectful.
Yet you wanted to challenge and make fun of his beliefs.
On a side note, I guess Avante is right, you are one of the biggest retards here.

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 01:28 PM
I don't have a belief, idiot.

Nor do you have a brain.
It is your reading comprehension that leaves a lot to be desired not mine tbh.

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Then which do you believe, that there is no God, or that there is?
Generally either you believe one or the other, there is no in between.
So if you believe there is no such thing as God, which you always post, then prove there is no such thing.
You always ask those who believe there is One to prove it, so your turn to put your money where your mouth is.

And what is wrong about editing?
Absolutely nothing! In fact more should do it, make their posts more readable.

Blake
05-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Nor do you have a brain.
It is your reading comprehension that leaves a lot to be desired not mine tbh.

remember that time you honestly thought you went to an ivy league school?

That was funny.

Blake
05-26-2014, 05:07 PM
So if you believe there is no such thing as God, which you always post, then prove there is no such thing.
You always ask those who believe there is One to prove it, so your turn to put your money where your mouth is.

If I thought you were smart enough to grasp the spaghetti monster concept, I'd get into it. But you're not.

I agree. I found it funny he edited his post and it was still a mess.

Your reading comprehension skills completely suck, ivy.

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 05:10 PM
If I thought you were smart enough to grasp the spaghetti monster concept, I'd get into it. But you're not.

I agree. I found it funny he edited his post and it was still a mess.

Your reading comprehension skills completely suck, ivy.

Don't change the subject. Quit running.
Prove what you say, or shut up from now on about God.

Blake
05-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Don't change the subject. Quit running.
Prove what you say, or shut up from now on about God.

:lol I don't have to prove there isn't a god. You suck at this and should stop before your meltdown goes nuclear, tbh.

xmas1997
05-26-2014, 05:32 PM
:lol I don't have to prove there isn't a god. You suck at this and should stop before your meltdown goes nuclear, tbh.

:lmao
Thinking I am melting down, really!
Your first mistake was trying and failing to "think".
Your second was trying to pin your own insecurities on me and others, it never works out like you wish it would.
Go on, prove it, or just quietly slink away.
You can't. You lose again!
I laugh AT you again.
:lol

RandomGuy
05-30-2014, 05:58 PM

No, actually I didn't.

I was referring to people who believe in magic sky people and forever after happy fun play time as akin to children, who want to believe in happy stories, but kind of ignore the physical impossibilities, paradoxes, and general silliness of such things.

Funny thing is my 7 year old correctly pointed out that you don't have to believe in all the silliness in the bible to believe in a God.

That makes at least one 7 year old with more sense than you seem to have.

RD2191
05-30-2014, 06:01 PM
No, actually I didn't.

I was referring to people who believe in magic sky people and forever after happy fun play time as akin to children, who want to believe in happy stories, but kind of ignore the physical impossibilities, paradoxes, and general silliness of such things.

Funny thing is my 7 year old correctly pointed out that you don't have to believe in all the silliness in the bible to believe in a God.

That makes at least one 7 year old with more sense than you seem to have.
You believe you came from a fish. Silly randomguy.

RandomGuy
05-30-2014, 06:12 PM

Atheism is not the belief "there is no God".

Atheism is the withholding of belief about God until it has been reasonably proven.

You have presented a false dichotomy. It is possible to withhold belief about something being true, and withhold belief in the opposite.

I don't believe there is a pink dancing elephant on planet in a neighboring star system, but neither do I have enough evidence to rule it out for certain.

What I can say for certain is that bible God is false, because as presented, bible God is given qualities that are, by definition, impossible. Omnipotence and omniscience for example. Both of these things are paradoxical and logically similar to a sphere with corners or a four sided triangle. This is why decent theologians have fully abandoned that stupidity to its fate.

RandomGuy
05-30-2014, 06:18 PM

That would have more bite if you actually stated what you believed.

I would simply respond and expand on my previous point:

v7VOhbkbqMw

Three minutes of your time, some nice piano music to listen to, and perhaps some foolishness to abandon.

Challenging ones beliefs takes work. Brains are naturally a bit lazy.

That is why you fail.

RD2191
05-30-2014, 06:21 PM
That would have more bite if you actually stated what you believed.

I would simply respond and expand on my previous point:

v7VOhbkbqMw

Three minutes of your time, some nice piano music to listen to, and perhaps some foolishness to abandon.

Challenging ones beliefs takes work. Brains are naturally a bit lazy.

That is why you fail.
:lolFail? okay, Nemo.

RandomGuy
05-30-2014, 06:27 PM

Taking it a step further, yes, I do, because that is the theory that best fits the available evidence.

How do you decide what to believe?

I know you are trolling, but doesn't that get boring after a while?

Blake
05-30-2014, 07:11 PM
:lolFail? okay, Nemo.

you fail in a variety of ways

xmas1997
05-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Atheism is not the belief "there is no God".

Atheism is the withholding of belief about God until it has been reasonably proven.

You have presented a false dichotomy. It is possible to withhold belief about something being true, and withhold belief in the opposite.

I don't believe there is a pink dancing elephant on planet in a neighboring star system, but neither do I have enough evidence to rule it out for certain.

What I can say for certain is that bible God is false, because as presented, bible God is given qualities that are, by definition, impossible. Omnipotence and omniscience for example. Both of these things are paradoxical and logically similar to a sphere with corners or a four sided triangle. This is why decent theologians have fully abandoned that stupidity to its fate.

I think you should have just stopped with "Atheism is the withholding of belief about God" and left the rest off, because otherwise you are saying that something HAS to be reasonably proven in order for it to be true. There are things that are not reasonably proven in order to be true such as love, or hope.
In doing that you imply that someone must prove it or must disprove it.
Either way, it does not matter to me what you believe or disbelieve, or even WAIT for evidence to become available.
This is for each to examine and wrestle with how ever they desire, it is "subjective rather than objective", and not to be judged by anyone unless those individuals wish to be considered judgmental IMHO.

Blake
05-31-2014, 07:14 PM
you are saying that something HAS to be reasonably proven in order for it to be true.

Pretty much

Spaghetti monster, tbh

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Pretty much

Spaghetti monster, tbh

And then why do you think of God as a monster, or that he likes spaghetti?
Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
If you really thought He did not exist, then you wouldn't label Him anything at all, you would simply say He does not exist, and as a former atheist myself, I could and would respect that opinion!

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 05:51 PM
If you really thought He did not exist, then you wouldn't label Him anything at all, you would simply say He does not exist, and as a former atheist myself, I could and would respect that opinion!
its not necessarily that it doesn't exist, but more that there is no evidence to suggest that it exists. the simple fact of us not knowing the answers to particular questions yet isn't enough. saying that it must exist because we don't know about the beginning of the universe/time is just the fallacy of the god of the gaps

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 06:28 PM
its not necessarily that it doesn't exist, but more that there is no evidence to suggest that it exists. the simple fact of us not knowing the answers to particular questions yet isn't enough. saying that it must exist because we don't know about the beginning of the universe/time is just the fallacy of the god of the gaps

I see your point.

RandomGuy
06-02-2014, 12:17 AM
I think you should have just stopped with "Atheism is the withholding of belief about God" and left the rest off, because otherwise you are saying that something HAS to be reasonably proven in order for it to be true. There are things that are not reasonably proven in order to be true such as love, or hope.
Either way, it does not matter to me what you believe or disbelieve, or even WAIT for evidence to become available.
This is for each to examine and wrestle with how ever they desire, it is "subjective rather than objective", and not to be judged by anyone unless those individuals wish to be considered judgmental IMHO.

It has to be reasonably proven before I will believe it is true. I don't know how low you set your standard of evidence, but I kinda tend to think that extraordinary claims require a smidge more evidence.

My belief in the truth of something is irrelevant to whether it actually is true or not, just as it is for you.

As I have said before though, the bible God is pretty much provably false, so that makes my job of not believing in that load of primitive superstition a lot easier.

RandomGuy
06-02-2014, 12:19 AM

The person claiming God exists has the burden of proof. The default position is to withhold belief until one has a good reason to believe it is true.

Blake
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM

Seriously, it's difficult to want to have a philosophical conversation with you when you are so far behind.

Blake
06-02-2014, 10:04 AM
I see your point.

That point has been made to you multiple times before.

xmas1997
06-02-2014, 06:06 PM
That point has been made to you multiple times before.

No it hasn't.
I am just wondering why you label Him anything, rather than simply stating that "He does not exist"?
If you said that, then I could, and probably would, respect that opinion.
Instead though, you come up with silly labels like spaghetti monster?
What's up with that?
Is it supposed to be funny? If so, you have an odd sense of humor.

Blake
06-02-2014, 11:46 PM
No it hasn't.

Yes. It has. Multiple times.

I am just wondering why you label Him anything, rather than simply stating that "He does not exist"?
What's up with that?

it's an easy google

RandomGuy
06-03-2014, 11:59 AM
No it hasn't.
What's up with that?

The flying spaghetti monster has more explanatory power than bible god, as far as explaining our physical universe. As such it is funny to me, because all the silly arguments put forth to defend belief in bible god , also argue for fsm.

xmas1997
06-03-2014, 02:01 PM
The flying spaghetti monster has more explanatory power than bible god, as far as explaining our physical universe. As such it is funny to me, because all the silly arguments put forth to defend belief in bible god , also argue for fsm.

So you find it to be funny too?
To each his or her own, it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go around.

xmas1997
06-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes. It has. Multiple times.

it's an easy google

No, you are wrong, it never has, not even once.
Just because YOU "think" it has does NOT make it so, and that is a FACT.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2014, 02:05 PM

nope...world will go around with 0 or several billion of us...it does not care...
I never understood this saying

Blake
06-03-2014, 02:14 PM
No, you are wrong, it never has, not even once.
Just because YOU "think" it has does NOT make it so, and that is a FACT.

I say it has because it has. Fact.

RD2191
06-03-2014, 03:09 PM
:lolAtheist are stupid.

RandomGuy
06-03-2014, 04:44 PM

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x204/dolo54/boring_troll.jpg

xmas1997
06-03-2014, 07:22 PM
I say it has because it has. Fact.

No, you just "think" it has, but the truth is you really don't know for sure. That is probably closer to being a fact than anything you have said so far.
I think you are proselytizing tbh.

Blake
06-03-2014, 08:54 PM
No, you just "think" it has, but the truth is you really don't know for sure. That is probably closer to being a fact than anything you have said so far.
I think you are proselytizing tbh.

No, I know for sure.

xmas1997
06-03-2014, 09:46 PM
No, I know for sure.

How do you know for sure, if you are so sure?
I think you just think you know for sure.

spurraider21
06-03-2014, 10:03 PM
:lol says the guy who doesn't even understand the theory of evolution

"how come a cat never gives birth to a turtle lol, evolution are stoopid"

RD2191
06-03-2014, 10:08 PM

Blake
06-03-2014, 11:12 PM

Did god tell you that

RandomGuy
06-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Did god tell you that

It would seem this god guy has some bad grammar too. :D

xmas1997
06-04-2014, 04:28 PM
That's what I thought.

AlamoSpursFan
06-04-2014, 06:29 PM
I grew up with Christianity (Baptist style) shoved down my throat. When I was old enough to avoid going to church, I was the happiest kid on the block. Lived 30+ years of my life with my back turned to God. Then I had my life and everything I knew destroyed. I can't say what made me get up off the floor and get on with my life, but I know what I believe. And what I believe is that the God I abandoned so many years ago was the one who was standing by my side with His hand outstretched offering grace and forgiveness. Since I turned back to Jesus and have been living as I should have all along, I have never been happier, and I have never been more blessed. Those of you taking so much joy in slamming those of us who live by our faith should stop and listen for a few minutes and let the voice of God speak to you as it did me. Let the quotes and flames (do y'all still use that terminology?) commence. I couldn't care less. There is more to life than Algore's Interweb Thingy. When you realize these things, life begins to take on meaning.

xmas1997
06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I grew up with Christianity (Baptist style) shoved down my throat. When I was old enough to avoid going to church, I was the happiest kid on the block. Lived 30+ years of my life with my back turned to God. Then I had my life and everything I knew destroyed. I can't say what made me get up off the floor and get on with my life, but I know what I believe. And what I believe is that the God I abandoned so many years ago was the one who was standing by my side with His hand outstretched offering grace and forgiveness. Since I turned back to Jesus and have been living as I should have all along, I have never been happier, and I have never been more blessed. Those of you taking so much joy in slamming those of us who live by our faith should stop and listen for a few minutes and let the voice of God speak to you as it did me. Let the quotes and flames (do y'all still use that terminology?) commence. I couldn't care less. There is more to life than Algore's Interweb Thingy. When you realize these things, life begins to take on meaning.

And this is a very "subjective" experience, one that many of us had, yet uniquely different for each one of us.
It is similar to "taste" in music, very subjective in nature.
But the atheists on here cannot handle and accept the fact that many, maybe most of us, believe.
Consequently they continue to belittle what is something they do not understand, and try to persuade us otherwise, simply because they apparently want it to be "objective" and/or proven.
It can't be proven! It is shown to each and every one one of us privately and thoroughly beyond a shadow of doubt.
And it results in something profound called "faith".
No one can help you find Him even though He is always with us. No one can do it for you.
It is a journey you take by yourself.

Blake
06-04-2014, 11:17 PM

Wow an ASF sighting. It must mean the spurs are close to winning a title when all these old schoolers pop up from nowhere.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Exactly which God are you referring to that is with you?

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Wow an ASF sighting. It must mean the spurs are close to winning a title when all these old schoolers pop up from nowhere.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Exactly which God are you referring to that is with you?

Which God?
That is the silliest question I have ever read you ask.

spurraider21
06-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Which God?

you don't think the Judeo-Christian god is different than Allah? Read the bible then read the quran. they're two very different entities. but both god

Blake
06-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Which God?

he believes in Zeus for all we know.

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 01:44 PM
you don't think the Judeo-Christian god is different than Allah? Read the bible then read the quran. they're two very different entities. but both god

Nope, I don't believe they are different entities, and I have read both books among others in my search for the Truth.
IMHO there is only one God, just with many different names.

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 01:45 PM
he believes in Zeus for all we know.

Just shows how much you know, very little IMHO.

spurraider21
06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Nope, I don't believe they are different entities, and I have read both books among others in my search for the Truth.

there is no way you can read the Quan and the Bible and deduce that the two "big guys" are the same, unless you're just trolling

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 01:49 PM
there is no way you can read the Quan and the Bible and deduce that the two "big guys" are the same, unless you're just trolling

Nope, I don't troll, I bash trolls.
And yes, they are the same God, there is only one God.
Literal translations are not to be trusted at all IMHO.

spurraider21
06-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Nope, I don't troll, I bash trolls.
Literal translations are not to be trusted at all IMHO.

then why do you take God literally?

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 01:51 PM
then why do you take God literally?

Says who?

spurraider21
06-05-2014, 01:53 PM
there is only one God.

Says who?
says you

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 01:58 PM
says you

"Literally" is the key word. I say there is only one God.
I also said that those books are not to be taken literally.
How do you infer a literal God from two different statements?

spurraider21
06-05-2014, 02:01 PM
"Literally" is the key word. I say there is only one God.
I also said that those books are not to be taken literally.
How do you infer a literal God from two different statements?

the books mention the existence of some all powerful being that created the world, universe, and life. you are taking God literally

Blake
06-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Just shows how much you know, very little IMHO.

I don't know at all what god he believes in. That's why I'm asking.

Why do you act like you know what he believes?

Blake
06-05-2014, 02:03 PM

Shows how much you know. Very little, imo.

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Shows how much you know. Very little, imo.

There is only one and you don't need any book to tell you this.

Blake
06-05-2014, 02:43 PM
There is only one and you don't need any book to tell you this.

if you're not getting this from a book, where are you getting it from?

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 02:56 PM
if you're not getting this from a book, where are you getting it from?

I know you are trying to troll me again.
But I will give you an honest answer anyway.
From my subjective experience and thus my conscience, which is now my "faith" that it is the Truth.
I answered as decently and as respectfully as I could, and without making fun of you at all.
I hope you can appreciate this, but I doubt you will.

Blake
06-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I know you are trying to troll me again.
But I will give you an honest answer anyway.
From my subjective experience and thus my conscience, which is now my "faith" that it is the Truth.
I answered as decently and as respectfully as I could, and without making fun of you at all.
I hope you can appreciate this, but I doubt you will.

you're making a claim of truth. I'm asking how you came to that truth.

If you call that trolling so be it, but if it makes you angry then don't make such a claim without being able to back it up. It's pretty simple.

As for your honest answer: sorry, but an admittedly subjective experience leading to your faith is not evidence of a single god. I'm not sure why you think it's silly for me to question it.

Ignignokt
06-05-2014, 06:14 PM
ITT

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/616/546/ddb.png

Ignignokt
06-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Bunch of athiest neckbeard cucks in here imho

Ignignokt
06-05-2014, 06:16 PM

I know what you mean bro. Such euphoria

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/616/505/3fe.gif

RandomGuy
06-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Bunch of athiest neckbeard cucks in here imho

Speaking of old school...

haven't seen you in a while.

Still going on and on about cucks and junior high smack talk.

xmas1997
06-07-2014, 11:28 AM
you're making a claim of truth. I'm asking how you came to that truth.

If you call that trolling so be it, but if it makes you angry then don't make such a claim without being able to back it up. It's pretty simple.

As for your honest answer: sorry, but an admittedly subjective experience leading to your faith is not evidence of a single god. I'm not sure why you think it's silly for me to question it.

I just explained that it was subjective. Only if it were objective then anyone could give you evidence.
And that is why I think you are trolling and being silly, unless you don't know the difference between an experience that is subjective and one that is objective.
You are the one wanting evidence and you cannot get what you want from someone else.
Since it is subjective, then you must look inside yourself for your own particular experience. This is the only way you can know God for yourself. No book, no individual, and no explanation can give you this, sorry.
Also, no one is criticizing you for your views, be they atheistic, agnostic, or whatever.
Why? Because they belong to only you and no one else. We all share common generalities, but no two people have the same exact views on the matter.
Many naively look outside or up in the sky for some flying spaghetti monster, but God is within you, within all of us, as well as all around us. It is easier to find Him by looking deep within, than looking out to the sky.
Another odd thing is that God rarely speaks to us personally from within, rather He speaks to us through others around us.
And the concept of hell is like this too, it is not a "place" in the physical sense IMHO, it is a state of mind or being.
I applaud that you once searched for the answer and yet maybe didn't find exactly what you wanted, or maybe you settled for what you did find.
That is okay, because IMHO it all ultimately leads to same place in the end, your road of understanding and discovery does not end, until you draw your last breath.
And then who really knows what happens after that?

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I just explained that it was subjective. Only if it were objective then anyone could give you evidence.
And that is why I think you are trolling and being silly, unless you don't know the difference between an experience that is subjective and one that is objective.
You are the one wanting evidence and you cannot get what you want from someone else.
Since it is subjective, then you must look inside yourself for your own particular experience. This is the only way you can know God for yourself. No book, no individual, and no explanation can give you this, sorry.
Also, no one is criticizing you for your views, be they atheistic, agnostic, or whatever.
Why? Because they belong to only you and no one else. We all share common generalities, but no two people have the same exact views on the matter.
Many naively look outside or up in the sky for some flying spaghetti monster, but God is within you, within all of us, as well as all around us. It is easier to find Him by looking deep within, than looking out to the sky.
Another odd thing is that God rarely speaks to us personally from within, rather He speaks to us through others around us.
And the concept of hell is like this too, it is not a "place" in the physical sense IMHO, it is a state of mind or being.
I applaud that you once searched for the answer and yet maybe didn't find exactly what you wanted, or maybe you settled for what you did find.
That is okay, because IMHO it all ultimately leads to same place in the end, your road of understanding and discovery does not end, until you draw your last breath.

I see, no comment from the resident atheist.
Not surprising. All you want to do is troll, rather than discuss, as expected.

Blake
06-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Too long, too many points. Keep it simple, Dartmouth.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Too long, too many points. Keep it simple, Dartmouth.

Too hard for you to understand, I see.
The points were made as concisely as possible.
You just cannot refute it when "detail" is involved.

Blake
06-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Too hard for you to understand, I see.
The points were made as concisely as possible.
You just cannot refute it when "detail" is involved.

No, your post is a mess. clean it up, give cliff notes and maybe you get a response.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 05:22 PM
No, your post is a mess. clean it up, give cliff notes and maybe you get a response.

No, the post is perfect as stated.
You just are not smart enough to understand it which is not a surprise to anyone who knows your schtick.

Blake
06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
No, it's your usual rambling mess. I have no desire to address it only for you to fail to understand my response.

Sorry.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
No, it's your usual rambling mess. I have no desire to address it only for you to fail to understand my response.

Sorry.

No, it is perfectly structured and worded to those who are intelligent and not trolls.
It is quite simple and straight forward too.
But to someone as mentally challenged as you are then it is just way too much for you to comprehend.
I've probably used too many big words for you in it, and in this post too.
But it is what it is despite what you WISH it was.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 06:03 PM

This pretty much sums everything up concisely and precisely.

Blake
06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Tldr, don't care

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 06:22 PM

It's funny that only ignorant trolls fail to understand this.
Or they choose to ignore how rational it is.
That is their loss.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
In fact I'm waiting for the next blatant lie and feeble excuse of: "oh, I didn't read, too long, too messy" or some other BS.
They always have a pitiful pathetic excuse, or they just stoop to their usual schtick of lying.
Okay, next excuse or lie coming soon.

Ignignokt
06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Tldr, don't care

More like tl;dw

too long; did watch - 4 when Tyson, Rashad, and Jamaal where making rounds on your wife.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 11:11 AM
More like tl;dw

too long; did watch - 4 when Tyson, Rashad, and Jamaal where making rounds on your wife.

He just doesn't WANT to acknowledge that someone else might have different experiences and inner revelations than he does. He WANTS everyone to conform and be the same as he is, otherwise he would respectfully allow for Valid yet differing points of views.
Thus it is threatening to him and consequently insults his reasoning.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with an intellectual approach to faith, rather it has more to do with him clinging to a kindergarten shallow view of reality.

Blake
06-12-2014, 11:43 AM

why are you laughing

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Who knows what "reality" truly is after death, or if "reality" even exists at that point.
No one knows beyond a shadow of doubt.

Blake
06-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Who knows what "reality" truly is after death, or if "reality" even exists at that point.
No one knows beyond a shadow of doubt.

Answer the question, Dartmouth.

Why are you laughing

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 12:53 PM
But some people are so dense, or confused, or dogmatic, or worse just plain trollish that they are not worth discussing anything deep like this with because they fail to understand or comprehend to the point that they cannot even grasp the simplest of concepts, much less, deep controversial ones such as the existence of God.
No, instead they resort to immature name-calling in feeble failed attempts to argue solely for the sake of arguing or trolling, rather than giving a competent intellectual mature adult discussion or debate.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:07 PM
I am always ready to discuss or debate subjects like this with anyone except trolls simply because they have no conception of discussions or debates.
It is just too hard to do that with someone who is dumber than a bag of rocks tbh.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:26 PM
It is funny how all the atheists and Jesus-freaks who are not trolls, are conspicuously absent from this thread.

Blake
06-12-2014, 01:38 PM
You're laughing at a dude making fun of my personal life.

Stop acting high and mighty and pretending like you're not reading my posts.

You're a menial troll. Nothing more.

Lol Dartmouth.

Avante
06-12-2014, 01:52 PM
It is funny how all the atheists and Jesus-freaks who are not trolls, are conspicuously absent from this thread.

While I let my guard down once in awhile it really is pointless trying to talk religion on an internet messgeboard. First off you will be seeing people saying things they'd never say if not in hiding. I have never seen anyone....you're right and I was wrong.....and none of us ever will..

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:56 PM
It is also very very funny how some trolls on here get all bent out of shape and accusatory when someone else turns the tables on them and gives them a healthy dose of their own medicine!
Karma is a bitch.
They should practice one of the golden rules, do unto others, what you would have them do unto you.
But noooooooooooooo, it's okay for them to troll, but when they get it back, it blows their tiny minds.
I can only laugh at unknowing hypocrisy.

Blake
06-12-2014, 02:00 PM
It is also very very funny how some trolls on here get all bent out of shape and accusatory when someone else turns the tables on them and gives them a healthy dose of their own medicine!
Karma is a bitch.
They should practice one of the golden rules, do unto others, what you would have them do unto you.
But noooooooooooooo, it's okay for them to troll, but when they get it back, it blows their tiny minds.
I can only laugh at unknowing hypocrisy.

this post is the dictionary definition of hypocrisy.

Smh Dartmouth.

Lol pretending to ignore me.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
While I let my guard down once in awhile it really is pointless trying to talk religion on an internet messgeboard. First off you will be seeing people saying things they'd never say if not in hiding. I have never seen anyone....you're right and I was wrong.....and none of us ever will..

On religious, spiritual, and philosophical issues, I doubt you will.
Other issues though I have admitted many times when I was wrong, or my bad, or some such.
I mean, why not admit it? It is just a message board after all.
And if your ego is not so big that you can't admit it, then you will not only lose credibility, but make a fool of yourself further, as well as never learn anything new IMHO.

xmas1997
06-13-2014, 11:36 AM

You were right about that little turd troll blake.
As soon as you start ignoring his inanity, he shrivels up and blows away.
And it's working perfectly, because I think I last time I actually noticed the village idiot, he was lumbering down a blind stinky alley while puking up his guts and crying that no one pays attention to him anymore. Apropos!

Blake
06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
You were right about that little turd troll blake.
As soon as you start ignoring his inanity, he shrivels up and blows away.
And it's working perfectly, because I think I last time I actually noticed the village idiot, he was lumbering down a blind stinky alley while puking up his guts and crying that no one pays attention to him anymore. Apropos!

Wow, you're really obsessed.

let it go, Dartmouth.

xmas1997
06-13-2014, 04:20 PM
No doubt the little jerkoff doesn't bother to read anything we posted on this subject even though it would have benefited if he had, he might have learned something, but it doesn't really matter because he really doesn't want to learn anything, or discuss anything, or even debate anything. No, he just wants to troll as always.

Blake
06-13-2014, 04:36 PM
It's worthless for me to discuss issues with you and Avante because you can't keep up and you have troubles with definitions of basic words.

Lol talking to me in the butthurt third person.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 09:20 AM
No doubt he thinks I and you Avante, are addressing him, when actually we are talking to each other ABOUT him and others like him. He sure isn't very smart because otherwise he would have figured this out instead of us having to draw him a picture.
And the funniest thing of all is that it makes him melt down because we do not acknowledge his troll posts, what a village idiot.

Blake
06-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Lol

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 02:52 PM
One other thing, I would not be surprised if has no idea what a village idiot is.
Otherwise he would quit acting like one and take his lessons in humility like a man.

RandomGuy
06-17-2014, 05:19 PM
No, the post is perfect as stated.
You just are not smart enough to understand it which is not a surprise to anyone who knows your schtick.

Your post was a rambling, incoherent mess, that said almost nothing, as many of them are.

Do you actually have a point?

Sum it up.

RandomGuy
06-17-2014, 05:21 PM
lol RandomGoy

LOL Portugal

:D (congrats... Germany will be the team I am rooting for after the USA teams inevitable defeat....)

RandomGuy
06-17-2014, 05:22 PM

Does the truth matter?

What if your beliefs about what is true cause you to make bad decisions?

Ignignokt
06-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Your post was a rambling, incoherent mess, that said almost nothing, as many of them are.

Do you actually have a point?

Sum it up.

Take your appeal to authority, bandwagon and red herring arguments to Gawker Rando Cuck

RandomGuy
06-17-2014, 05:24 PM

What belief are you asking him to prove? It might be hard for him to offer proof if he can't know what you are asking proof for, innit?

RandomGuy
06-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Take your appeal to authority, bandwagon and red herring arguments to Gawker Rando Cuck

Feel free to actually make some connection from anything I have ever said to those logical fallacies.

You don't even know what they mean. Reading you reference those terms is a little like watching a chimpanzee banging a violin on a rock.

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3215651/chimpanzee_smashing_rocks_42-17217509.jpg

Ignignokt
06-17-2014, 05:28 PM
What belief are you asking him to prove? It might be hard for him to offer proof if he can't know what you are asking proof for, innit?

Diest are like Climate Change alarmist. Always goal poast shifting, overuse of appeal to authority, appeal to bandwagon, pseudo intellectual wash. MoveOn.org is not a reputable science source btw. And the IPCC source you guys like to push has always admitted that man made anthropogenic warming is >8%.

Ignignokt
06-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Feel free to actually make some connection from anything I have ever said to those logical fallacies.

You don't even know what they mean. Reading you reference those terms is a little like watching a chimpanzee banging a violin on a rock.

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3215651/chimpanzee_smashing_rocks_42-17217509.jpg

ad hominem. Not an argument.

RandomGuy
06-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Diest are like Climate Change alarmist. Always goal poast shifting, overuse of appeal to authority, appeal to bandwagon, pseudo intellectual wash. MoveOn.org is not a reputable science source btw. And the IPCC source you guys like to push has always admitted that man made anthropogenic warming is >8%.

Not sure if you noticed, but the thread is not about global warming.

Nor it is clear who or what you are talking about. Are you criticizing xmas? or blake? or me?

Specifically who is shifting goal posts here? on what? how?

What is an "appeal to bandwagon", who is doing it? What are they saying that meets your definition?

How does one "overuse appeal to authority"?

What do you think is an appeal to authority?

RandomGuy
06-18-2014, 11:16 AM
ad hominem. Not an argument.

There is a vast gulf between an insult and an ad hominem logical fallacy.

If I say you are an idiot, and are therefore wrong, that would be an ad hominem.

The real underlying reason you were wrong, is that you cannot demonstrate that you are right. I expressed an opinion that you cannot demonstrate you are right, because you lack an understanding of the terms you are using.

I also offered to address anything you might put forth, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you might have a point. If I do commit a logical fallacy or have some flawed thinking, I am always happy to correct my thinking on a subject. Give me some evidence.

If you refuse to try and elaborate, you reinforce the chimpanzee banging on a rock analogy.

Your call.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2014, 01:11 AM
the catholic church doesnt believe in divorces and shit

yet they approve and worship the cuck story in the bible first few chapters...

RandomGuy
06-19-2014, 11:39 AM
the catholic church doesnt believe in divorces and shit

yet they approve and worship the cuck story in the bible first few chapters...

Don't forget the incest. The peeps in the day were big on incest.

RD2191
06-19-2014, 02:04 PM
http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-scumbag-atheist-dont-let-religion-rule-life-talk-christianity-all-day-pics.jpg

xmas1997
06-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Seems to me most of the atheists on this site, with a few exceptions, are really "closet theists".

Blake
06-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Seems to me most of the atheists on this site, with a few exceptions, are really "closet theists".

that's because your reading comprehension sucks

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 04:57 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/m3WS4xXgt0dYQ/giphy.gif

xmas1997
06-19-2014, 08:05 PM
that's because your reading comprehension sucks

Whatever, troll.

xmas1997
06-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Geez, the worst reading comprehension offender in ST history complaining and whining about someone else.
I'm waiting with baited breath for the next whining complaint.
You have no room to EVER talk about the topic of reading comprehension, to be perfectly honest about it.
Your melt down continues unabated.
:rollin

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Geez, the worst reading comprehension offender in ST history complaining and whining about someone else.
I'm waiting with baited breath for the next whining complaint.
You have no room to EVER talk about the topic of reading comprehension, to be perfectly honest about it.
Your melt down continues unabated.

Says it all.

RandomGuy
07-01-2014, 12:05 PM

I took a literal vacation, and the conversation has wound down to the almost inevitable terminus, much like radioactive decay leaves inert matter.

RandomGuy
07-01-2014, 12:07 PM

Yes. I do find it funny. That you don't, I also find funny.

RandomGuy
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM

Define "God".

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes. I do find it funny. That you don't, I also find funny.

I don't?
And I just said I did.
If you didn't believe me the first time, why should you believe me now?
You make no sense.
And nonsense is not of my milieu, it is of yours tbqh.

Blake
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Says it all.

that was just more of your usual gibberish that's gotten really old and not worth responding too.

hilarious that you think it's some kind of awesome put down that was worth bumping up three days later.

what a horrible troll. :lol

Blake
07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
You make no sense.

it's like you're living in some bizarro world.

It's weird......especially for a supposed Ivy League graduate.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 01:24 PM

I cannot help it that you are so ignorant that you cannot understand even the simplest of things on a message board.
It is probably the same for you in real life too.
You really should have payed better attention in school.
It's still not too late for you to get that GED.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 01:31 PM

By the way, you have no room to keep complaining about me or others here living in some bizarro world when your conception of reality is so skewed it is off the radar.
I can only imagine this goes all the way into your real life as well.
You really might want to do some deep self examinations if you know what that is.
Or not.
You could just keep making a total fool of yourself with every post.
That you do quite well.

Blake
07-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I cannot help it that you are so ignorant that you cannot understand even the simplest of things on a message board.
It is probably the same for you in real life too.
You really should have payed better attention in school.
It's still not too late for you to get that GED.

randomguy's post was simple and easy to understand.

You are the idiot that can't comprehended simple English.

Fuck you're a blithering moron.

Blake
07-01-2014, 03:01 PM
By the way, you have no room to keep complaining about me or others here living in some bizarro world when your conception of reality is so skewed it is off the radar.
I can only imagine this goes all the way into your real life as well.
You really might want to do some deep self examinations if you know what that is.
Or not.
You could just keep making a total fool of yourself with every post.
That you do quite well.

keep rolling with the rubber/glue argument.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
keep rolling with the rubber/glue argument.

I'm just stating the facts, maam.
Truth hurts sometimes, unless you are in total denial, which you obviously are.

Blake
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm just stating the facts, maam.
Truth hurts sometimes, unless you are in total denial, which you obviously are.

No you're not. You're a fucking idiot.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 03:43 PM
No you're not. You're a fucking idiot.

And you are in complete total denial of the facts, they are all there in the thread, but you will deny that too.
No surprise, coming from the lying troll that you are.
Will you ever at least once in your life state the truth on here?
I guess the answer is no, since you haven't done it yet.
The little message board village idiot with the huge inferiority complex and issues of abandonment strikes again!

Blake
07-01-2014, 03:44 PM
And you are in complete total denial of the facts, they are all there in the thread, but you will deny that too.
No surprise, coming from the lying troll that you are.
Will you ever at least once in your life state the truth on here?
I guess the answer is no, since you haven't done it yet.
The little message board village idiot with the huge inferiority complex and issues of abandonment strikes again!

More rubber glue.

You're a fucking retard.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 03:53 PM
More rubber glue.

You're a fucking retard.

More denial, more worthless false accusations, more lies, and more melt downs.
Is that all you do on here?
Avante was certainly right about you, he has you pegged.

RandomGuy
07-02-2014, 05:11 PM

KayBys8gaJY

RandomGuy
07-02-2014, 05:12 PM
http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-scumbag-atheist-dont-let-religion-rule-life-talk-christianity-all-day-pics.jpg

Yawn.

EjcseBJ7_Ns

Ignignokt
07-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Not sure if you noticed, but the thread is not about global warming.

Nor it is clear who or what you are talking about. Are you criticizing xmas? or blake? or me?

Specifically who is shifting goal posts here? on what? how?

What is an "appeal to bandwagon", who is doing it? What are they saying that meets your definition?

How does one "overuse appeal to authority"?

What do you think is an appeal to authority?.

Ofcourse i know the thread isn't about AGW, but my reason for bringing it up was to prove your hypocrisy. You're just as guilty as Diest when it comes to your AGW shilling.

Muh huffington post
Muh bandwagon effect fallacy
muh slippery slope

you get the point I hope, unless you are socially retarded or an autist and you can't understand why someone would bring up a different subject inwhich you practice the same lunacy as proof of your muh feels hypocrisy.

xmas1997
07-03-2014, 11:53 AM

Ofcourse i know the thread isn't about AGW, but my reason for bringing it up was to prove your hypocrisy. You're just as guilty as Diest when it comes to your AGW shilling.

Muh huffington post
muh slippery slope

you get the point I hope, unless you are socially retarded or an autist and you can't understand why someone would bring up a different subject inwhich you practice the same lunacy as proof of your muh feels hypocrisy.

Couldn't have expressed it better myself, thanks.
But you are kidding yourself if you think he will understand.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2014, 12:51 PM
did u guys read or heard how the pope is taking on the mafia in italy? yet wont take on rogue poofta priests

xmas1997
07-03-2014, 01:29 PM
did u guys read or heard how the pope is taking on the mafia in italy? yet wont take on rogue poofta priests

If he is taking on the mafia, then they better start getting ready to make a new Pope, he won't have long to live unfortunately.

mouse
07-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Define "God".

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u3Mt1DbCG6A/Ty6tAZNRvNI/AAAAAAAAwKU/w3zeCXlLqis/w506-h380/DNA_Rajini.gif

RandomGuy
07-06-2014, 11:03 AM
muh slippery slope

You say that... but all I can see is:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/thoughtful-animal/files/2012/07/chimp-nuts-currbio.jpg

You wouldn't know what a logical fallacy was if one came up and fish-slapped you.

The sting of your criticisms and charges of "hypocrisy" is so much lessened by the fact that you use words and phrases that you provably don't understand in a pseudo-intellectual rush to make yourself feel superior to others.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/images/bloggers_auto/midget1.jpg

RandomGuy
07-06-2014, 11:04 AM

Define "God".

I don't?
And I just said I did.
If you didn't believe me the first time, why should you believe me now?
You make no sense.

[more conversation]

Couldn't have expressed [how ignorant randomguy is of logical fallacies] better myself, thanks.
But you are kidding yourself if you think [Randomguy] will understand.

[I.E. non-answers, where the question is ignored in favor of a troll repsonse.-RG]

The problem for you is that I understand better than either of you.

Well, you had a chance to make a credible argument.

Let me give you another one. You have made the claim "A God exists"

All I am asking you to do is to define "god" so we can maybe get some better understanding of our universe.

You have accepted the burden of proof, now take the first intellectually honest step.

KayBys8gaJY

Unless, of course you aren't being intellectualy honest. Is that what you are trying for?

xmas1997
07-06-2014, 11:21 AM
The problem for you is that I understand better than either of you.

For the third time:

Define "God"

How does anyone define the indefinable? No one has even an infinitesimal conception of Him in the first place IMHO.
I do not have a problem with "understanding" either, so that makes two of us.
However our "opinions" may differ, and that is fine with me because I, like you, am only human, with our human limitations to deal with.
I say this to you with respect for your intelligence to discuss a topic without the need to cuss or make false accusations about my possible difference of opinion about it since it is a worthy topic that merits discussion.

RD2191
07-06-2014, 11:40 AM
:lolRandomGuy still failing at life.Look for God and you will find him.

xmas1997
07-06-2014, 11:47 AM

And you don't have to look any further than within yourself.

RD2191
07-06-2014, 11:59 AM
He doesn't want to believe because it's convenient. He's afraid of a God existing. Wants to live his life without any repercussions or restrictions. But that's not the way it works. He has free will of course, but in the end unless he repents he will have to face God's judgement. God is a loving God of course.

Blake
07-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Lol believing in invisible magic man in sky

xmas1997
07-06-2014, 12:34 PM

So sayeth the literalist troll. Another one of your many lies, no doubt.

Blake
07-06-2014, 03:09 PM
So sayeth the literalist troll. Another one of your many lies, no doubt.

You literally said you believe in God

Fuck you're an idiot.

xmas1997
07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
You literally said you believe in God

Fuck you're an idiot.

I will ignore your lie and false accusation to say this, if you quit doing it then so will I quit calling you on it, in the interests of respectful civility.
Your choice. I laid down the olive branch.

RandomGuy
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
How does anyone define the indefinable? No one has even an infinitesimal conception of Him in the first place IMHO.
However our "opinions" may differ, and that is fine with me because I, like you, am only human, with our human limitations to deal with.
I say this to you with respect for your intelligence to discuss a topic without the need to cuss or make false accusations about my possible difference of opinion about it since it is a worthy topic that merits discussion.

So you think that something you won't define exists, and you repeatedly assert this thing that you won't describe exists.

Do you think this is a rational assertion?

Why should I accept it as true?

RandomGuy
07-07-2014, 12:08 PM

I have gone looking. What I found from his adherents was bad logic and books that were all claimed to be magically true, neither of which is horribly convincing.

xl_TrvIIcBY

RandomGuy
07-07-2014, 12:34 PM
He doesn't want to believe because it's convenient. He's afraid of a God existing. Wants to live his life without any repercussions or restrictions. But that's not the way it works. He has free will of course, but in the end unless he repents he will have to face God's judgement. God is a loving God of course.

So much bad... don't even know where to start.

Let's start with debunking "God is love".

-------------------------------------------------

"But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:8

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud "1Corinthians 13:4

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," Exodus 20:5

In the logical form of Modus Tollens, the following is the conclusion drawn from the above passages:

P1. IF God is love, THEN God is not jealous.
P2. God IS jealous.
C. Therefore God is NOT love.

"Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. Deut. 6:13-15

"Nevertheless, many Christians attempt to show a distinction between love and jealousy, and righteous jealousy by asking hypothetical questions such as, "If my wife runs out on me with another man, and I am jealous, does that prove I love her?" This counter example however, does not work, because either the Bible is correct in that God cannot love and be jealous, or, the Bible is wrong--and he can love and be jealous. This is a dilemma, and illustrates the absurdity of the Christian position, especially when we consider the following verse."

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud " 1 Corinthians 13:4

---------------------------

1 Samuel 6:19-20King James Version (KJV)

19 And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

2 Kings 2:23-24King James Version (KJV)

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

2 Samuel 6:3-7King James Version (KJV)

3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

6 And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.

7 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

Hosea 9:11-16King James Version (KJV)

11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.

12 Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them!

13 Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer.

14 Give them, O Lord: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Ezekiel 9:4-7King James Version (KJV)

4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

I could go on. Bible God is a psychopath. I wouldn't worship him even if he were real, no one should.

"live his life without any repercussions or restrictions"

I can do anything I want to, murder, rape, pillage, and whatever other depraved thing I want to, and in the last second of my life, accept Jesus as my savior and I go to heaven. If any of my victims weren't Christians, they would die and go to hell. I completely escaped the consequences of my actions within the framework of the Bible, and my victims will be eternally tortured.

Lastly the bad joke of "free will".

If someone comes up to you, sticks a gun in your face and says "it is completely your choice of course, but I would like you to, of your own free will, give me your wallet. If you don't, I will shoot you in the face and dance on your corpse. The choice is completely up to you, you have free will to say no."

Not much of a choice innit?

Blake
07-07-2014, 01:01 PM
I will ignore your lie and false accusation to say this, if you quit doing it then so will I quit calling you on it, in the interests of respectful civility.
Your choice. I laid down the olive branch.

Civility starts with you not getting butthurt and taking it personal when you get a negative response on your post.

And frankly, I have little patience with someone that has extremely poor logic and reasoning skills.

sorry, but I'd rather just sit here and lol when you say something stupid.

And your history here says it won't be long.

xmas1997
07-07-2014, 02:04 PM
So you think that something you won't define exists, and you repeatedly assert this thing that you won't describe exists.

Do you think this is a rational assertion?

Why should I accept it as true?

Okay first, you used the word "won't" for whatever reasons make you happy.
I used the "can't" and said why as simply as possible.
So yes, as I stated my opinion, it was a rational assertion.
Second, I was not, nor ever have, tried to convince you of anything, including God.
Where you got that idea in the first place escapes me.
What you believe, and what you want to believe, is entirely your business, not mine.
Are we clear now?

Ignignokt
07-07-2014, 06:07 PM

*tips fedora

http://apathyfactory.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/1202_10151403005166800_556376486_n.jpg

Ignignokt
07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
So much bad... don't even know where to start.

Let's start with debunking "God is love".

-------------------------------------------------

In the logical form of Modus Tollens, the following is the conclusion drawn from the above passages:

P1. IF God is love, THEN God is not jealous.
P2. God IS jealous.
C. Therefore God is NOT love.

"Nevertheless, many Christians attempt to show a distinction between love and jealousy, and righteous jealousy by asking hypothetical questions such as, "If my wife runs out on me with another man, and I am jealous, does that prove I love her?" This counter example however, does not work, because either the Bible is correct in that God cannot love and be jealous, or, the Bible is wrong--and he can love and be jealous. This is a dilemma, and illustrates the absurdity of the Christian position, especially when we consider the following verse."

---------------------------

I could go on. Bible God is a psychopath. I wouldn't worship him even if he were real, no one should.

"live his life without any repercussions or restrictions"

I can do anything I want to, murder, rape, pillage, and whatever other depraved thing I want to, and in the last second of my life, accept Jesus as my savior and I go to heaven. If any of my victims weren't Christians, they would die and go to hell. I completely escaped the consequences of my actions within the framework of the Bible, and my victims will be eternally tortured.

Lastly the bad joke of "free will".

If someone comes up to you, sticks a gun in your face and says "it is completely your choice of course, but I would like you to, of your own free will, give me your wallet. If you don't, I will shoot you in the face and dance on your corpse. The choice is completely up to you, you have free will to say no."

Not much of a choice innit?

Scoff, progressivism is basically secular presbytarianism. Bunch of whackos that ruined america.

Blake
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
*tips fedora

http://apathyfactory.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/1202_10151403005166800_556376486_n.jpg

you had that in your photobucket arsenal just waiting for someone to lol God, didn't you.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2014, 02:18 AM
god is a pussy

ppl love to say if you do evil deeds u go straight to hell and get punish

so going to hell means going to meet satan who will do what god failed to do, let alone delegating this task to his people the judges and shit who fail to punish ppl...

then wouldnt that make satan>god cause he is doing what most of you want to do right? its not like his hosting sausage sizzle down there

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 08:23 AM
god is a pussy

ppl love to say if you do evil deeds u go straight to hell and get punish

so going to hell means going to meet satan who will do what god failed to do, let alone delegating this task to his people the judges and shit who fail to punish ppl...

then wouldnt that make satan>god cause he is doing what most of you want to do right? its not like his hosting sausage sizzle down there

This sounds like blake reasoning.

Blake
07-08-2014, 09:39 AM
This sounds like blake reasoning.

it sounds like gibberish.

you're too much of a simpleton to understand basic reasoning and logic.

IrisHockey
07-08-2014, 11:16 AM
:lmao Zionist Jews still trying to undermine Christianity through means of the media and art.

IrisHockey
07-08-2014, 11:17 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Christianity.+Sums+up+everything+i+see+these+days_ 6b5ee7_3068510.jpg

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 11:33 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Christianity.+Sums+up+everything+i+see+these+days_ 6b5ee7_3068510.jpg

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Okay first, you used the word "won't" for whatever reasons make you happy.
I used the "can't" and said why as simply as possible.
So yes, as I stated my opinion, it was a rational assertion.
Second, I was not, nor ever have, tried to convince you of anything, including God.
Where you got that idea in the first place escapes me.
What you believe, and what you want to believe, is entirely your business, not mine.
Are we clear now?

I used "won't" because you simply refused to try and define this thing you say exists.

Defining something as "undefinable" is a paradox, and inherently irrational.

If it exists, it can be defined and known.

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Scoff, progressivism is basically secular presbytarianism. Bunch of whackos that ruined america.

If your reasoning is provably flawed in other areas, how are you so sure that this assessment is correct?

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 11:59 AM

Not really. The bible is as provably false and immoral as the Q'uran, or any other religion.

There are plenty of cultures and religions that deserve no respect whatsoever, as some of the deeply rooted "values" stem from superstitious nonsense.

Sorry to snatch your victim status from you.

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I used "won't" because you simply refused to try and define this thing you say exists.

Defining something as "undefinable" is a paradox, and inherently irrational.

If it exists, it can be defined and known.

Wrong, you are defining a paradox as being irrational, and that is not the definition of a paradox.

par·a·dox
noun \ˈper-ə-ˌdäks, ˈpa-rə-\

: something (such as a situation) that is made up of two opposite things and that seems impossible but is actually true or possible

: someone who does two things that seem to be opposite to each other or who has qualities that are opposite

: a statement that seems to say two opposite things but that may be true
Full Definition of PARADOX
: a tenet contrary to received opinion
a : a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true
b : a self-contradictory statement that at first seems true
c : an argument that apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises
: one (as a person, situation, or action) having seemingly contradictory qualities or phases

mouse
07-08-2014, 01:45 PM

They said the same thing about wireless in the 1800s

don't ridicule something your limited mind can't process.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/9.jpg

Blake
07-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Wrong, you are defining a paradox as being irrational, and that is not the definition of a paradox.

par·a·dox

: something (such as a situation) that is made up of two opposite things and that seems impossible but is actually true or possible

: someone who does two things that seem to be opposite to each other or who has qualities that are opposite

a : a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true
c : an argument that apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises
: one (as a person, situation, or action) having seemingly contradictory qualities or phases

More reading comp fail.

smh Dartmouth

Blake
07-08-2014, 02:52 PM
They said the same thing about wireless in the 1800s

don't ridicule something your limited mind can't process.

:cry they said the same thing about Santa Claus

:cry don't ridicule magic fat man

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 03:53 PM
More reading comp fail.

smh Dartmouth

Do you even understand English, much less reading comprehension?
Apparently not.
How about sticking somewhat to the topic for a change, if you are capable.

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 04:02 PM

par·a·dox

Not quite. The dictionary will not save you here.

I said that paradoxes have the quality of being irrational, because they are logically invalid arguments.

How do you know what the God you are asserting exists is undefinable?

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Not quite. The dictionary will not save you here.

I said that paradoxes have the quality of being irrational, because they are logically invalid arguments.

I wasn't asking the dictionary or anything else to "save" me from anything.
But you making an open ended statement that paradoxes have the quality of being irrational is not true, there is no factual basis for that.
But you now also say that they are logically invalid arguments. I only agree with this statement if they are indeed used to support an argument, something of which I never did.
I only agreed God can be a paradox.
My original statement was that God cannot be defined. There is no paradox in that statement.
I believe you are reaching. But I give you the benefit of the doubt.
It certainly is nothing that should be made fun of by me.
However a God believing troll would crucify you.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2014, 04:23 PM
But you making an open ended statement that paradoxes have the quality of being irrational is not true, there is no factual basis for that.
But you now also say that they are logically invalid arguments. I only agree with this statement if they are indeed used to support an argument, something of which I never did.
My original statement was that God cannot be defined. There is no paradox in that statement.

Proof of liver. We need proof of liver to continue negotiations.

Blake
07-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Do you even understand English, much less reading comprehension?
Apparently not.
How about sticking somewhat to the topic for a change, if you are capable.

I'm done discussing this topic with you.

I'm only here to mock your logic and reading comp failures.

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 04:41 PM

Then go mock yourself.
That is more your speed.
Unless you are a glutton for more punishment to get owned and melt down some more.
And SBM and Rob do a pretty good job of that to you, not just my doing.
Otherwise stick to the topic.
Or you could try your hand upstairs again and get put in your place there too.
Makes no difference to me, you are your own worst enemy, all I do is expose you making a fool of yourself.

Blake
07-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Then go mock yourself.

Oh look. The rubber/glue comeback.

Only magna cum laude grads from Dartmouth know how to wield this weapon.

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh look. The rubber/glue comeback.

Only magna cum laude grads from Dartmouth know how to wield this weapon.

Gee, how novel.

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 04:59 PM

That doesn't really answer my question.

How do you know that the God you are asserting exists is undefinable?

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 05:10 PM

There is, but I don't think you are fully aware of the exact context that I am using.

Do you understand the difference between a valid and an invalid argument? A sound and an unsound one? These terms have very precise, non-dictionary usages when it comes to construction of arguments.

You are attempting to use common term for paradox, which you demonstrated through simply using a stock dictionary definition.

When I am referring to a paradox as being irrational, it is in the context of logical thinking.

"The definition of God is that God is undefined".

"This statement is false"

"If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception; the exception to this one being that it has no exception."

An invalid argument is, by definition, irrational and/or illogical.

If a paradox is an invalid argument, then it is irrational.

You might want to read a bit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validity

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 05:14 PM

Lastly, you have asserted repeatedly, that "God exists". Your assertion, your burden of proof, something you have decidedly shirked at every opportunity.

Do you understand that when you make this claim, you have a burden of proof to support it?

RandomGuy
07-08-2014, 05:17 PM

http://www.skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/Dunning-Kruger-560x337.png

Blake
07-08-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/Dunning-Kruger-560x337.png

He says he graduated magna cum laude from Dartmouth.

He's in that rare high green, high red, high blue zone.

xmas1997
07-08-2014, 05:23 PM
That doesn't really answer my question.

How do you know that the God you are asserting exists is undefinable?

Because no one has ever been able to define Him in totality.
He, as you say, is a paradox.
IMHO we humans barely even scratch the surface when it comes to describing and explaining and defining this entity in a comprehensible understandable way, and it would be the epitome of egotistical arrogance in the extreme to even try, skirting the boundaries of hubris.
You ask for the impossible IMHO.
I cannot give you the answer you want.
All I can do is give advice, and that is to look inside yourself for the answer because no one outside of you can give it to you.
If that is not good enough for you, then I cannot help you.
What you need to understand and accept is that it is not a matter of whether I want to or not, it is a matter of that I can not.

RandomGuy
07-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Because no one has ever been able to define Him in totality.
He, as you say, is a paradox.
IMHO we humans barely even scratch the surface when it comes to describing and explaining and defining this entity in a comprehensible understandable way, and it would be the epitome of egotistical arrogance in the extreme to even try, skirting the boundaries of hubris.
You ask for the impossible IMHO.
I cannot give you the answer you want.
All I can do is give advice, and that is to look inside yourself for the answer because no one outside of you can give it to you.
If that is not good enough for you, then I cannot help you.
What you need to understand and accept is that it is not a matter of whether I want to or not, it is a matter of that I can not.

Providing evidence of something that exists is possible.

Is it possible that the inability to logically define something indicates that thing doesn't really exist?

What proof of this undefined thing do you have that causes you to assert its existence?

IrisHockey
07-09-2014, 12:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsHSLOIIcAAIxVZ.jpg:large

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Providing evidence of something that exists is possible.

Is it possible that the inability to logically define something indicates that thing doesn't really exist?

What proof of this undefined thing do you have that causes you to assert its existence?

Leaving all the BS aside in order to sincerely answer your latest question, yes, it is possible that the inability to logically define something indicates that thing doesn't really exist. This is why in youth I was an atheist for a while.
Yet the paradox is that it can also exist even though it may not be definable logically. That is not the same as saying it is illogical however. It just means it is a paradox and undefinable at this point in time. One premise does not as a necessity follow another.
Your other question is easier to answer. And that is, I have no definable proof, pure and simple.
My faith that God exists is a very very "subjective" thing that came about through "inner" revelations that happened over time and during introspective periods of my life.
This is why I always caution to those looking for proof, to quit looking up in the sky or around yourself, but rather look within yourself because that is where you will find and know God for yourself.
This is also another reason God cannot be proved, it lies within each individual and will be made known to each in God's own way.
This is the best I can give you. I have my own "inner" proof gifted to me, that no one can give to you, but God Himself. And I am thankful and unshakable.
The adage, look and ye shall find, is the truth if you are "sincerely" seeking the existence of God and not just goofing and spoofing around. It will be made known to you.

mouse
07-09-2014, 12:53 PM
:cry they said the same thing about Santa Claus

:cry don't ridicule magic fat man

Who said there is no Santa? In fact there are 1000s of them on every city block durting xmas You need photos?

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Who said there is no Santa? In fact there are 1000s of them on every city block durting xmas You need photos?

Bravo, you are still the pro!

Blake
07-09-2014, 04:04 PM

Oh look. A lame joke to sidestep the point.

And xmas loved it of course.

Lol

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 04:13 PM
if it can't be definable and thus you don't even know what it is, how can you claim you believe it exists?

mouse
07-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Oh look. A lame joke to sidestep the point.

And xmas loved it of course.

Lol

You claim there is no Santa I proved different how is that a joke, who is sidestepping the point now?

mouse
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
if it can't be definable and thus you don't even know what it is, how can you claim you believe it exists?

By putting it in the text books

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/345387/evolution.jpg

Blake
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
You claim there is no Santa I proved different how is that a joke, who is sidestepping the point now?

great, then when you sit on Santa's lap this year, you can ask him why he didn't bring you a better life last Christmas.

mouse
07-09-2014, 04:54 PM
great, then when you sit on Santa's lap this year, you can ask him why he didn't bring you a better life last Christmas.

I don't support Xmas plus I already like my life I find educating you and others online makes my life even more enjoyable

RandomGuy
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Leaving all the BS aside in order to sincerely answer your latest question, yes, it is possible that the inability to logically define something indicates that thing doesn't really exist. This is why in youth I was an atheist for a while.
Yet the paradox is that it can also exist even though it may not be definable logically. That is not the same as saying it is illogical however. It just means it is a paradox and undefinable at this point in time. One premise does not as a necessity follow another.
Your other question is easier to answer. And that is, I have no definable proof, pure and simple.
My faith that God exists is a very very "subjective" thing that came about through "inner" revelations that happened over time and during introspective periods of my life.
This is why I always caution to those looking for proof, to quit looking up in the sky or around yourself, but rather look within yourself because that is where you will find and know God for yourself.
This is also another reason God cannot be proved, it lies within each individual and will be made known to each in God's own way.
This is the best I can give you. I have my own "inner" proof gifted to me, that no one can give to you, but God Himself. And I am thankful and unshakable.
The adage, look and ye shall find, is the truth if you are "sincerely" seeking the existence of God and not just goofing and spoofing around. It will be made known to you.

Believing in something without evidence is irrational.

That thinking sounds eerily like way people delude themselves about all sorts of conspiracy theories.

If the proof about God cannot be demonstrated to others, then it cannot be distinguished from an active delusion.

There are people just as convinced that the voices in their head are Satan, and so forth. They have found all sorts of inner evidence about what "God" wants.

Personally, I think you are confusing a sense of wonder about existence itself with the existence of some concept of God.

The universe is far more wonderful and awesome and doesn't really need any concept of God, defined or undefined, to be wonderful.

That is my take, and probably where we could reasonably end our conversation. It seems about as far as we can reasonably go.

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 06:24 PM

That thinking sounds eerily like way people delude themselves about all sorts of conspiracy theories.

If the proof about God cannot be demonstrated to others, then it cannot be distinguished from an active delusion.

There are people just as convinced that the voices in their head are Satan, and so forth. They have found all sorts of inner evidence about what "God" wants.

Personally, I think you are confusing a sense of wonder about existence itself with the existence of some concept of God.

The universe is far more wonderful and awesome and doesn't really need any concept of God, defined or undefined, to be wonderful.

That is my take, and probably where we could reasonably end our conversation. It seems about as far as we can reasonably go.

Not even close to being true.
You believe in love don't you? What evidence do you have of that?
You believe in hope, don't you?
You believe the earth's core is molten lava. Show me proof.
You believe in the earth's magnetic field, yet you specifically can't show evidence of it.
You probably believe in the theory of evolution, or that the moon controls the tides, or that your body is composed of over 90% water.
And you probably believe the universe is expanding.
What evidence can you show me of all of those?
Just because you cannot provide evidence of something does not mean it does not exist.
You should know this.
Your rationale is a bit faulty IMHO.

mouse
07-09-2014, 07:26 PM

I agree

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Human_pidegree.jpg

Blake
07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Not even close to being true.
You believe in love don't you? What evidence do you have of that?
You believe in hope, don't you?
You believe the earth's core is molten lava. Show me proof.
You believe in the earth's magnetic field, yet you specifically can't show evidence of it.
You probably believe in the theory of evolution, or that the moon controls the tides, or that your body is composed of over 90% water.
And you probably believe the universe is expanding.
What evidence can you show me of all of those?
Just because you cannot provide evidence of something does not mean it does not exist.
You should know this.
Your rationale is a bit faulty IMHO.

spaghetti monster

Lol you're an idiot.

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
I agree

You would, we know your stance on evolution, and if we didn't before, we do now.
But that is cool.

mouse
07-09-2014, 07:35 PM
You would, we know your stance on evolution, and if we didn't before, we do now.
But that is cool.

what is my stance?

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 07:38 PM
what is my stance?

You make that pretty clear, you think it preposterous, right?

RD2191
07-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I agree

RD2191
07-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Doesn't mouse believe in intelligent design?

mouse
07-09-2014, 07:51 PM
You make that pretty clear, you think it preposterous, right?

Birds fish and insects evolving to adapt to their surroundings is a form of "micro" evolution just as dogs in Alaska have thick coats and polar bears have white fur to blend in the snow. But "macro" evolution which is pure bullshit and is taught in the text books is when you get a fox from a fish, a dinosaur from a bird and a man from a snail. And that shit I don't support.

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Birds fish and insects evolving to adapt to their surroundings is a form of "micro" evolution just as dogs in Alaska have thick coats and polar bears have white fur to blend in the snow. But "macro" evolution which is pure bullshit and is taught in the text books is when you get a fox from a fish, a dinosaur from a bird and a man from a snail. And that shit I don't support.

Like I said, that is cool.

mouse
07-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Like I said, that is cool.

As in cool but not really accepted in your mind?

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 11:44 PM
As in cool but not really accepted in your mind?

No, I understand what you're saying and it makes logical sense to me.

mouse
07-10-2014, 12:03 AM
No, I understand what you're saying and it makes logical sense to me.

But your a religious man and you are skeptical of my beliefs? (which is not a bad thing just need to know) if i'am to believe your replies.

Kinda like you may ask a person what is a P38 before you listen to his 12 minute rant about serving in the military.

xmas1997
07-10-2014, 12:13 AM
But your a religious man and you are skeptical of my beliefs? (which is not a bad thing just need to know) if i'am to believe your replies.

Kinda like you may ask a person what is a P38 before you listen to his 12 minute rant about serving in the military.

Actually I have claimed many times that I am not religious, rather I am spiritual.
I believe in God, yes, but I have friends of all persuasions.
I try not to judge.
Everyone has their own particular path to travel.

mouse
07-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Then how do you feel about using Alien made contraceptives?

http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/humans_aliensf1.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2014, 01:05 AM
remember when the bible only had a few clowns in it giving their POV

now with every year new editions they always add some new clown to the bible who we never heard of

so all these clowns in the bible where were they when jesus was nailed to a cross?

mouse
07-10-2014, 01:15 AM
remember when the bible only had a few clowns in it giving their POV

now with every year new editions they always add some new clown to the bible who we never heard of

so all these clowns in the bible where were they when jesus was nailed to a cross?

The Bible could be the universe's top fairy tails of all time which is even more reasons to read it..the facts still remains it was written over 2000 years ago, it was here long before John Smith and Bill Nye and Google if it was written today it would be on Oprah's book of the month.

You want clowns? try reading the shit in your kids school texts books :lmao

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-R-0W7YUF-vc/TjiIaQyKuiI/AAAAAAAADQg/KlLD3iAH6XY/s1600/Nebraska+Man.jpg

RandomGuy
07-10-2014, 01:01 PM

Meh. If I thought you understood any of it, I might bother responding more in-depth.

The only difference between "micro" and "macro" evolution is time.

If you accept that microevolution exists, you accept macroevolution exists, and, by extension the theory of evolution.

BTW, you got the dinosaur/bird thing backwards.

LOL too incompetent to even get a decent strawman argument together.