PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Donny Sterling transfers his share of Clipps to to Shelly

Fabbs
05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Wow. I kinda wanted to see how the vote arranged by The Happy Merchant Stern Jr. for the owners on June 3rd would have come out.

So does Shelly now sell the Clipps?
per douche TMZ:
Our sources say Shelly and her lawyer, Pierce O'Donnell, have been secretly meeting with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and NBA lawyers to "resolve the dispute amicably." We're told Shelly realizes the NBA wants the team sold, but she has significantly more leverage and credibility with the league than Donald. Her end game is simple -- she won't object to the sale, but SHE wants to call the shots.

Our Sterling sources say Shelly is prepared to sue the NBA and she will file legal docs on Tuesday if the NBA orders an INVOLUNTARY sale. She's down with a sale but only a voluntary one that puts her in control.

Attorney Pierce O'Donnell would not comment on this story, but did say, "Shelly Sterling's preference has always been to find a way to resolve this dispute amicably with the NBA in a mutually satisfactory manner."

link
http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/23/donald-sterling-shelly-sterling-clippers-sale-adam-silver-nba/#ixzz32Y8UoKi6

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2014, 10:56 AM
If true I was waiting for this. The rules say that only the majority owner can be voted our, but if Donald wasn't majority, the nba would be fucked

weebo
05-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Sterling can't just transfer his shares/ownership to his wife without the approval of the NBA board of governors.

Clipper Nation
05-23-2014, 11:41 AM
If true I was waiting for this. The rules say that only the majority owner can be voted our, but if Donald wasn't majority, the nba would be fucked
It's complicated, but Donald is the majority owner.... Shelly technically "owns" half of his ownership under the California Community Property Law, but she doesn't fully own her own share (despite her delusional claims to the contrary).... long story short: when DTS gets voted out, she automatically gets voted out along with him....

This seems to be the result of the Sterlings waking up to the reality that for once, they aren't getting their way, tbh....

ffadicted
05-23-2014, 01:27 PM
It's complicated, but Donald is the majority owner.... Shelly technically "owns" half of his ownership under the California Community Property Law, but she doesn't fully own her own share (despite her delusional claims to the contrary).... long story short: when DTS gets voted out, she automatically gets voted out along with him....

This seems to be the result of the Sterlings waking up to the reality that for once, they aren't getting their way, tbh....

How's clipper fan taking this whole thing anyway. You guys as sick of Sterling as everyone else and wanna see new management? Who u hopin for (pls don't say magic or oprah lol)

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 01:30 PM

Will you welcome the chink ownership group? I'd personally rather my team be owned by Tokowitz than trade for Lin.

ElNono
05-23-2014, 01:39 PM
I called this shit, tbh :hat

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 01:41 PM
I called this shit, tbh :hat

:cry On your Obamaphone you fucking wetback :cry

ElNono
05-23-2014, 01:48 PM

:cry thank you 'Murica :cry

m>s
05-23-2014, 01:54 PM

everybody minority in san antonio got obamaphone

jimbo
05-23-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't get how this benefits the Sterlings. They get to choose the next owner? Is that it?

Maybe Donald wants to actually be able to use his money while he's alive?

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 02:12 PM
everybody minority in san antonio got obamaphone

We white people are the minority in San Antonio tbh.

m>s
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM

thanks Obama!

Buddy Mignon
05-24-2014, 12:29 AM

And so are the skinny women... lol!!!

JohnnyMax
05-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Update: they're selling the team