PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: It Looks As If The Lakers Final Two Will Come Down To Byron Scott and Jeff Van Gundy

Koolaid_Man
05-23-2014, 12:27 PM
I struggle with these two but in the end I think I would hire Scott to be be Van Gundy's assistant. I respect the hell out of Van Gundy's real talk and knowledge for the game....he knows his shit and he talks shit to the refs..that's what were going to need..JVG is afraid of no one and I'm sure it will translate in his players play...

JVG would be my selection but were dealing with Fredo:bang and Chazz here....:ihit

Chris
05-23-2014, 12:28 PM
JVG doesn't want anything but a paycheck at this point. You're better off with Scott

RsxPiimp
05-23-2014, 12:34 PM
i have a strange feeling its going to be dunleavy :lol but i honestly prefer him over b. scott.

Arcadian
05-23-2014, 12:35 PM
*crickets chirp*

ElNono
05-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Potential Lakers coach Byron Scott: Kobe Bryant must change his game

Byron Scott recently interviewed with the Lakers, and he discussed how he’d handle Kobe. Scott on ESPN LA:

I am the perfect guy for this job. I’ve got a great relationship with Kobe. I know the team, know the roster, watched them all season long. And I just think it would be a great fit.

Obviously, if I get the job, the first conversation with Kobe. We have to talk about the future of the Los Angles Lakers. We have to also talk about the type of direction we’re going to be taking and also talk about the type of game that he’s going to be playing, because he’s going to have to change his game a little bit, and I think he knows that. We’ve got to sit down and talk about the minutes and things like that. We’ve just got to come to an agreement. But he knows me. I’m an old-school type guy, old-school type guy. And I want him to understand that, and I think he does understand that. We communicate during the summer by text, and every now and then, I’ll run into him somewhere and we’ll talk a little bit more about basketball. But I think the biggest thing is, No. 1, I respect the hell out of Kobe, and I think he respects me. That’s the first hurdle you’ve got to get past, and then other things, we’ll solve all those little issues.

Maybe Scott, a former Lakers player, has the rapport with Kobe necessary to demand Kobe change his game. But as we saw with D’Antoni, a headstrong Kobe probably won’t be the one to meet a headstrong coach halfway.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/23/potential-lakers-coach-byron-scott-kobe-bryant-must-change-his-game/

:lmao

Chris
05-23-2014, 01:09 PM

StrengthAndHonor
05-23-2014, 01:13 PM
i have a strange feeling its going to be dunleavy :lol but i honestly prefer him over b. scott.
Dunleavy is a very good coach, almost took the Clippers to the WCF despite having a very thin roster (this is during those years Sterling wasn't spending money to compete) We had Cuttino Mobley, Kaman, Cassell and Brand and he maxed out the teams potential.

Buss sure do like Mike's though, this will be their 3rd head coach that shares the same first name.

Medvedenko
05-23-2014, 02:09 PM
I'd like both B Scott or JVG. I've lived through the Dunleavy era last time he was with LA and yes he had success, although I think his time has come. Regardless, in 2 years once Kobe is gone the Lake show will be on a different path.

Clipper Nation
05-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Dunleavy is a very good coach, almost took the Clippers to the WCF despite having a very thin roster (this is during those years Sterling wasn't spending money to compete) We had Cuttino Mobley, Kaman, Cassell and Brand and he maxed out the teams potential.

Buss sure do like Mike's though, this will be their 3rd head coach that shares the same first name.
Actually, Dumbleavy convinced DTS to loosen the pursestrings a bit around 2003 or so....

The roster was thin because of Baylor's incompetence, but Dumbleavy was also not a good coach.... look no further than how he mismanaged the Suns series in '06....

ElNono
05-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Actually, Dumbleavy convinced DTS to loosen the pursestrings a bit around 2003 or so....

The roster was thin because of Baylor's incompetence, but Dumbleavy was also not a good coach.... look no further than how he mismanaged the Suns series in '06....

:lol The coach doesn't matter on a team where the bartender is picking talent and a prima donna is hell bent on destroying the franchise...

DPG21920
05-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Kobe is like Godzilla now. Some former Alpha that is just a dinosaur who wrecks everything he touches.

ElNono
05-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobe is like Godzilla now. Some former Alpha that is just a dinosaur who wrecks everything he touches.

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
This is how things go for Laker fans,,,,

"We're gonna get Thibs or Ollie",,,,,in reality,,,welcome to LA, Dunleavy or Scott.

"We're gonna get 'Melo, KLove, LeBron, Irving, and Durant",,,,,in reality,,,,welcome to LA, Stephenson, Monroe and a re-signed Gasol.(And if they are lucky, they land DWill)

Franklin
05-23-2014, 09:08 PM
JVG is just an inverse version of MDA imho.

Thebesteva
05-23-2014, 09:22 PM
I would go with JVG, neither of these two coaches are relevant to the Lakers future tbh. However, black coaches are proven losers

spurraider21
05-23-2014, 09:36 PM
JVG is easily the best of the guys on their radar

StrengthAndHonor
05-23-2014, 10:56 PM

The 2006 Suns were the better team, period. Dunleavy wasn't going to win a series against the #1 seed with Sam Cassell as his second best player. :lol Luckily, Brand beasted which pushed the series to 7, but by halftime it was obvious they're not going to win with the Clips second and third options shooting a horrendous 8/22 from the field (Cassell and Mobley). Mike Dunleavy was a steady coach for the Clips, he made a 9 win improvement (huge accomplishment sadly, since they were the Clippers) in his first full season iirc then made the playoffs on his second one. They missed the postseason in his 3rd year but the WC was ridiculously deep at the time, #8 Seed Warriors (who upset the #1 seed Mavs IIRC) was stacked yet they only won 2 more games than the Clippers. And let's be realistic, it's the Clippers pre Chris Paul/Blake Griffin. They were a laughing stock regardless of who coaches the team. (Btw, completely random but, Dunleavy as a Clippers HC still has a better winning percentage in the playoffs than Tom Rivers with the same franchise. :lol )

Also it wasn't until 2005 where DTS really opened up his pockets. Everyone knew he was contented in re-signing Brand in 2003, but he finally started showing he somewhat really cares by signing Cuttino Mobley to $42 mil in 2005 (the richest contract the Clippers have ever awarded a free agent from outside the organization at the time) and Rebraca ($9/mil) and even offering a 2 yr 13 mil contract to Cassell the following year. These were moves DTS wouldn't do in the past before Brand, his highest paid player was Eric Piatkowski lol.

King Emmanuel
05-24-2014, 12:20 AM
hey Thread i see u lurking