PDA

View Full Version : Judge orders NBA star to pay $7,000 in monthly child support

Kori Ellis
08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Judge orders NBA star to pay $7,000 in monthly child support
August 11, 2005, 6:30 PM

SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) -- A judge on Thursday ordered NBA star Jason Richardson to pay $7,000 in monthly child support for his 5-year-old daughter. The girl's mother had sought an increase from $4,000 to $45,426 a month.

Judge Patrick J. McGraw of Saginaw County Circuit Court's Family Division also ordered the four-year veteran of the Golden State Warriors to place $1,000 per month in a conservatorship account until the girl turns 18 or graduates from high school.

Richardson, 24, also must place $100,000 in a trust for his daughter at the beginning of each contract year, continuing to the end of the Saginaw native's six-year NBA contract. The money will be available to the girl when she turns 18 to a maximum age of 30.

Richardson's former girlfriend, Roshonda Jacqmain of Saginaw, requested the elevenfold increase in tax-free support last week. Her attorney, Brian Makaric of Saginaw Township, said Thursday evening that he had not seen McGraw's order and could not comment.

"We are very pleased with the judge's opinion," Richardson's lawyer, Bloomfield Hills attorney Richard S. Victor, told The Saginaw News. "The judge followed the law, and he protected the child. That's all Mr. Richardson wanted."

McGraw originally ordered Richardson to pay $8 in weekly support for his daughter in 2000, when he was enrolled at Michigan State University. The judge raised the payment to $2,000 a month in August 2001, shortly after the Warriors took Richardson in the first round of the NBA draft with the fifth overall pick, and later set it at $4,000 plus a $1,000 monthly payment to a conservatorship.

"This child's well being and future should be the No. 1 priority for each parent," McGraw wrote, "and both parents should realize that they are blessed to have a child who can be provided for without hardship."

Richardson, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard, tied for 16th in the NBA in scoring last season, averaging 21.7 points per game.

Kori Ellis
08-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I know this belongs in the NBA forum but it was interesting to me, so I posted it here. :lol

McGraw originally ordered Richardson to pay $8 in weekly support for his daughter in 2000

$8? :lmao

Judge Patrick J. McGraw of Saginaw County Circuit Court's Family Division also ordered the four-year veteran of the Golden State Warriors to place $1,000 per month in a conservatorship account until the girl turns 18 or graduates from high school.

Richardson, 24, also must place $100,000 in a trust for his daughter at the beginning of each contract year, continuing to the end of the Saginaw native's six-year NBA contract. The money will be available to the girl when she turns 18 to a maximum age of 30.

:wow That's a lot to cash in on when she turns 18. Hopefully she'll have a good financial advisor.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-11-2005, 06:49 PM
The girl's mother had sought an increase from $4,000 to $45,426 a month.

Yeah, I'm sure that money would have ended up in the daughter's pocket. Give me a fvckin' break.

Kori Ellis
08-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah I read about the $45K/month request before -- I think there should be a limit of how much child support you can ask for. No matter how rich the father is, you can't justify expenditures of that outrageous amount on a child unless there are some unusual healthcare expenses.

Merlin
08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Somebody just won the lottery. Asking for $45k a month is unreal. That would have been over a half a million a year. :bling

Useruser666
08-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah I read about the $45K/month request before -- I think there should be a limit of how much child support you can ask for. No matter how rich the father is, you can't justify expenditures of that outrageous amount on a child unless there are some unusual healthcare expenses.

Did you ever see Lionel Richie's ex-wife demands? This is NOTHING compared to that!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/richiediv1.html

MARCH 2--Five months after filing for divorce from Lionel Richie, the singer's estranged wife has just weighed in with a whopping--and remarkably detailed--demand for at least $300,000 in monthly support payments. According to Diane Richie, 37, the couple has led an "extraordinary extravagant lifestyle" and that she had "no limit on what I could spend," according to the below Los Angeles Superior Court declaration filed last week. The Richies, who wed in December 1996 and have two young children, live in a $40 million Beverly Hills mansion, with its 30 rooms spread over 18,000 square feet. "In addition to nine full time staff members, we also employ people to maintain our plants, detail our cars, care for our pool, groom our dog, maintain our aquarium and a painter for regular touch ups on the house," noted Richie. She also made sure to point out particular monthly expenses that Lionel, 54, needs to cover: clothing, shoes, and accessories ($15,000); dermatology ($3000); laser hair removal ($1000); massages ($600); jewelry ($5000); gifts ($5000); and vitamins ($500). There are plenty of other costs Richie listed--like $20,000 annually for plastic surgery and her nine-year-old son's $125,000 boarding school tuition--but TSG will let you discover those chestnuts. According to Richie, she began dating the pop star in 1984, when they met at the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles (she was an 18-year-old dancer). Since those teen days, the performer "paid my rent and/or mortgage, purchased automobiles for me, and regularly bought me expensive gifts," recalled Richie. (9 pages

T Park
08-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Keep the pantalones arriba you wouldn't have that problem eh Jason??

Of course, the mother doesn't sound like any kind of great prize her ownself.

Sad thing is, anther child growing up in the world with no involvement from her father.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Jackpot.

Jim Rome
08-12-2005, 12:45 AM
HILARIOUS.
I DIDN'T KNOW JASON RICHARDSON WAS A STAR.

IcemanCometh
08-12-2005, 09:58 AM
in case you didn't notice tpark he had the kid when he was in college. its not as easy for other people to resist temptation.

Dex
08-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Damn. I was expecting to see Sprewell's name pop up in here.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-12-2005, 11:42 PM
MARCH 2--Five months after filing for divorce from Lionel Richie, the singer's estranged wife has just weighed in with a whopping--and remarkably detailed--demand for at least $300,000 in monthly support payments. According to Diane Richie, 37, the couple has led an "extraordinary extravagant lifestyle" and that she had "no limit on what I could spend," according to the below Los Angeles Superior Court declaration filed last week. The Richies, who wed in December 1996 and have two young children, live in a $40 million Beverly Hills mansion, with its 30 rooms spread over 18,000 square feet. "In addition to nine full time staff members, we also employ people to maintain our plants, detail our cars, care for our pool, groom our dog, maintain our aquarium and a painter for regular touch ups on the house," noted Richie. She also made sure to point out particular monthly expenses that Lionel, 54, needs to cover: clothing, shoes, and accessories ($15,000); dermatology ($3000); laser hair removal ($1000); massages ($600); jewelry ($5000); gifts ($5000); and vitamins ($500). There are plenty of other costs Richie listed--like $20,000 annually for plastic surgery and her nine-year-old son's $125,000 boarding school tuition--but TSG will let you discover those chestnuts. According to Richie, she began dating the pop star in 1984, when they met at the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles (she was an 18-year-old dancer). Since those teen days, the performer "paid my rent and/or mortgage, purchased automobiles for me, and regularly bought me expensive gifts," recalled Richie. (9 pages

Spoiled motherfucking bitch! I hate golddiggers! I just fucking hate them! Lazy ass bitch!

Vashner
08-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Where do I go for the vasectomy?

Chris
08-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Hi. Welcome to our judicial system. Please bend over and this will be over in a minute, kthx.