PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: If Duncan is the best PF of all time...

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 04:59 PM
How come he never went back to back?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Is Kobe is the better, how come he never shot 43%

Katherine Robinson
05-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Spur fans will claim they were robbed of a 5-7peat

DMC
05-23-2014, 05:14 PM
So Karl or Barkley went b2b. Ok.

ElNono
05-23-2014, 05:17 PM

Or Dirk :lol

MVPau did tho...

BillMc
05-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Bingo.

Or McHale, or KG, or....

jARS mEsH sEt
05-23-2014, 06:32 PM
If Kobe is the best 2nd banana of all time, how come he never 4-peated?

Arcadian
05-23-2014, 07:01 PM
:lmao The butthurt is strong in this one...

Now let me answer your stupid fucking question seriously. First of all, winning back to back titles is an arbitrary criterion for greatness. For example, I could just as easily set "winning 3 titles in 5 years" as a criterion. How is the latter any less impressive? It's obvious that you're reaching when you make such an argument because you're arbitrarily selecting a criterion that makes your team look better...but a rational person realizes that it actually doesn't.

And second, the Spurs were very close to winning five straight titles...they were the most dominant team from 03-07. So just fuck off.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:10 PM
:lmao The butthurt is strong in this one...

Now let me answer your stupid fucking question seriously. First of all, winning back to back titles is an arbitrary criterion for greatness. For example, I could just as easily set "winning 3 titles in 5 years" as a criterion. How is the latter any less impressive? It's obvious that you're reaching when you make such an argument because you're arbitrarily selecting a criterion that makes your team look better...but a rational person realizes that it actually doesn't.

And second, the Spurs were very close to winning five straight titles...they were the most dominant team from 03-07. So just fuck off.
Dude is supposed to be the best ever at his position and couldn't defend his titles. Guess he liked getting backdoored, What a cuck. :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:14 PM
And :lol at almost winning 5 straight. Did they? Timmeh couldn't even win 2 straight. :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:16 PM
http://thephoenixmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SPURS-GEAR.png

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 07:17 PM
A better question might be,,,,how does any team lose in 5 games to the Pistons in the Finals with Billups as their best player?

IrisHockey
05-23-2014, 07:17 PM
http://thephoenixmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SPURS-GEAR.png

Rumor is they're going for the repeat

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:20 PM
A better question might be,,,,how does any team lose in 5 games to the Pistons in the Finals with Billups as their best player?

Why couldn't the best PF of all time just win 2 straight?

Strange Love
05-23-2014, 07:27 PM
So going back to back means you're an instant all-time now? Lakerfan logic :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:30 PM
So going back to back means you're an instant all-time now? Lakerfan logic :lol
Going back to back proves your dominance, instead of waiting for a major injury to get lucky.

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 07:30 PM

Why ruin the fun for everyone else?

testies
05-23-2014, 07:32 PM
ahhahaah

this thread was shat on more quickly than Lakers 13-14 season

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Actually the counter question to your topic is,,,,name a power forward that is better than Duncan and lets see if they went back to back.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Actually the counter question to your topic is,,,,name a power forward that is better than Duncan and lets see if they went back to back.
Only if you answer me why Jim couldn't repeat.

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 07:39 PM

Answer me who is the best power forward if not Duncan and lets see if they won back to back titles,,,,

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:39 PM

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Answer me who is the best power forward if not Duncan and lets see if they won back to back titles,,,,

Strange Love
05-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Going back to back proves your dominance, instead of waiting for a major injury to get lucky.

LOL so you're saying the Spurs lucked out 4 times and that they didn't just dominate the league for a long stretch of time? lakerfan in denial :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll answer it.

Jim won in a short season, still couldn't repeat the next year.

Got his ass dominated by Kobe and Shaq from 99-02.

Won in 03 because Shaq became a lazy fuck and got hurt. It was basically Kobe leading scrubs.

See what happened the next year when Jim got his ass handed to him again by Kobe and Shaq.

No Lakers in the way in 04-05.

2006-2007 the Horry hipcheck.

2012-2013 Westbrook hurt

2013-2014 Ibaka hurt.

I forgot to include the years Jim got swept by Nash, Dirk, and ethered by Memphis :lol

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Still waiting for an answer on who the best power forward of All time is if not Duncan,,,,

Bynumite
05-23-2014, 07:57 PM
I'll answer it.

Won in 03 because Shaq became a lazy fuck and got hurt. It was basically Kobe leading scrubs.

See what happened the next year when Jim got his ass handed to him again by Kobe and Shaq.

2012-2013 Westbrook hurt

2013-2014 Ibaka hurt.

I forgot to include the years Jim got swept by Nash, Dirk, and ethered by Memphis :lol

http://s25.postimg.org/uokc1hj1b/bomb_gif.gif

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 08:02 PM
I think I just crushed this dudes thread,,,,sorry, man. You cant say Duncan isn't the best power forward of All Time when he hasn't went back to back,,,,when none of the best power forwards of All Time have. Malone never won a title. Dirk, Garnett, McHale,,,never repeated. Barkley never won a title. So what is OP to say?,,,,Gasol?,,,,Rodman?

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 08:04 PM
I think I just crushed this dudes thread,,,,sorry, man. You cant say Duncan isn't the best power forward of All Time when he hasn't went back to back,,,,when none of the best power forwards of All Time have. Malone never won a title. Dirk, Garnett, McHale,,,never repeated. Barkley never won a title. So what is OP to say?,,,,Gasol?,,,,Rodman?
McHale, Garnett, and Dirk didn't wait for a major injury/suspension/reduced level of competition to go win. Now, let us proceed.

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 08:05 PM
McHale, Garnett, and Dirk didn't wait for a major injury/suspension/shortened season to go win. Now, let us proceed.

Did they go back to back and do any have 4 titles?

SAtown
05-23-2014, 08:07 PM

There's still time. Why in such a rush? :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Did they go back to back and do any have 4 titles?
Did Duncan? I'm sure McHale wouldn't have gotten swept by Goran Dragic, JJ Barea, and ethered by Tayshaun Prince.

HemisfairArena
05-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Did Duncan? I'm sure McHale wouldn't have gotten swept by Goran Dragic, JJ Barea, and ethered by Tayshaun Prince.

So moving the goal post now, huh? Nice. Carry on, son,,,

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 08:10 PM
^Glad you see why Duncan couldn't repeat.

Buddy Mignon
05-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Why would someone mistake Jim to be the best at any position. He leads no category in statistics at PF, so why would you all be so stupid? More credit needs to be given to their coach and the Spurs system and not Jim. He's just been a very good plug in player for most of his career. I'll give him that.

elmanutres
05-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Why would someone mistake Jim to be the best at any position. He leads no category in statistics at PF, so why would you all be so stupid? More credit needs to be given to their coach and the Spurs system and not Jim. He's just been a very good plug in player for most of his career. I'll give him that.

glad to see your bottom feeding krill ass back from the narutoforums

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Someone's bitter about tanking the season and only getting a #7 pick out of it. Hopefully you guys do better in the lottery next year for Phoenix.

Buddy Mignon
05-23-2014, 08:17 PM
glad to see your bottom feeding krill ass back from the narutoforums

I'm only here to see the coming catastrophe. Then I'm out again.

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 08:18 PM

There you go listing Snitch's career achievements

Buddy Mignon
05-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Someone's bitter about tanking the season and only getting a #7 pick out of it. Hopefully you guys do better in the lottery next year for Phoenix.

I'm good. I'm still full off of our most recent back2backs. It's your turn to eat... or not.

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm good. I'm still full off of our most recent back2backs. It's your turn to eat... or not.

Who is Chaz liking at 7?

elmanutres
05-23-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm only here to see the coming catastrophe. Then I'm out again.
you can dish it but can't take it. Like that pussy thread.

Buddy Mignon
05-23-2014, 08:24 PM
you can dish it but can't take it. Like that pussy thread.

What pussy thread?

Buddy Mignon
05-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Who is Chaz liking at 7?

It don't matter... we're trading it... lol.

elmanutres
05-23-2014, 08:26 PM
What pussy thread?

That pussy Giuseppe, Culburn369, Thread and other unmentioned aliases

05-23-2014, 08:46 PM
I'll answer it.

2012-2013 Westbrook hurt

2013-2014 Ibaka hurt.

Tim got hurt in 00
David got hurt in 01

If those injuries don't happen youre short two, and you needed the league to help you beat Sac in 02 :lmao
then you got gifted MVPau Gasol :lmao
all the your championships deserve asterisks by Lakerfan standards

tee hee

Let us proceed...

from 03-08 we were the most dominate team, we just had bad luck. .4, the foul, Brent Barry...

I'm not sure a series with OKC would have went last year, but this year was going to be no different with, or without ibaka. Maybe they don't lose by 17 and 35 but they certainly don't win those games. We're the best team in basktball right now tbh.

ElNono
05-23-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm sure McHale wouldn't have gotten swept by... JJ Barea, and ethered by Tayshaun Prince.

this is hilarious coming from a Lakerfan of all people... :lmao

Aztecfan03
05-23-2014, 09:04 PM

exactly and any of the pf's realistically anywhere in the vincinity haven't won more than 1.

Aztecfan03
05-23-2014, 09:12 PM
McHale, Garnett, and Dirk didn't wait for a major injury/suspension/reduced level of competition to go win. Now, let us proceed.

Don't remember the others but Dirk actually did.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Would McHale, Barkley or Malone be subbed out for rebounding in the closing seconds of a championship clenching game?

manufan10
05-23-2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.johnlocke.org/site-docs/lockerroom/movinggoalpost.gif

dg7md
05-23-2014, 11:09 PM
:lol Nothing but trollbait in this thread.

Adam Morrison won two NBA championships while all-time greats like Barkley and Malone won nothing. Championships are a nice accolade but are not necessarily essential to a person's greatness. A lot of the time it's a right place, right time sort of methodology. There are tons of great football players who never win a championship, and lots of scrubs that do, so it doesn't really mean as much when you already have incredible numbers. Is Dan Marino one of the greatest QBs of all time? Yes, does he have a ring? No.

Duncan is the best PF of all time because of the win percentages of this team since he got on board. He's a two-time league MVP, 3-time Finals MVP, and don't forget that he's still playing today with consistent numbers despite age and playing time cut down.

Also consider this, the San Antonio Spurs franchise was pretty mediocre to horrible before the 1997 season, even with David Robinson (another Hall of Famer who "never repeated"). Duncan put this team into the echelon of elite NBA teams (only about 5 are in the league) by being an essential anchor to 4 championship teams over multiple generations.

Quit the Kobe vs. Duncan arguments and Spurs vs. Lakers nonsense, I loved the rivalry back then, but it's definitely pretty much nonexistent now. I won't say Kobe isn't great because Jordan has better numbers and more titles, nor will I say LeBron is better than Kobe because of his numbers (and his ring count is lower than Duncan's ATM)

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2014, 11:11 PM
lol cripple b2b seasons injured....

King Emmanuel
05-23-2014, 11:28 PM

Adam Morrison won two NBA championships while all-time greats like Barkley and Malone won nothing. Championships are a nice accolade but are not necessarily essential to a person's greatness. A lot of the time it's a right place, right time sort of methodology. There are tons of great football players who never win a championship, and lots of scrubs that do, so it doesn't really mean as much when you already have incredible numbers. Is Dan Marino one of the greatest QBs of all time? Yes, does he have a ring? No.

Duncan is the best PF of all time because of the win percentages of this team since he got on board. He's a two-time league MVP, 3-time Finals MVP, and don't forget that he's still playing today with consistent numbers despite age and playing time cut down.

Also consider this, the San Antonio Spurs franchise was pretty mediocre to horrible before the 1997 season, even with David Robinson (another Hall of Famer who "never repeated"). Duncan put this team into the echelon of elite NBA teams (only about 5 are in the league) by being an essential anchor to 4 championship teams over multiple generations.

Quit the Kobe vs. Duncan arguments and Spurs vs. Lakers nonsense, I loved the rivalry back then, but it's definitely pretty much nonexistent now. I won't say Kobe isn't great because Jordan has better numbers and more titles, nor will I say LeBron is better than Kobe because of his numbers (and his ring count is lower than Duncan's ATM)

"nothing but troll bait in this thread"

proceeds to bite right into the bait

smh

dg7md
05-23-2014, 11:29 PM
"nothing but troll bait in this thread"

proceeds to bite right into the bait

smh

Well, in my defense, it was mostly targeted at the non-troll posters in here. :lol

DMC
05-23-2014, 11:30 PM

When you have Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq, Kobe and Fish?

DMC
05-23-2014, 11:35 PM
Would McHale, Barkley or Malone be subbed out for rebounding in the closing seconds of a championship clenching game?

No, and they still lost.

Kidd K
05-23-2014, 11:38 PM

You mean like how the Lakers 3peat started and how their last 2 titles happened? :lol

Sean Cagney
05-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Bingo.

Or McHale, or KG, or....
Thread ended, shut these faggots down before they even start. Damn Gayker fans with more time on their hands nowadays.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-24-2014, 07:19 AM
My negro.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-24-2014, 07:22 AM

And never repeated. I think we'll call him "Captain Asterisk"

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2732/4515958030_1c1310a1c3.jpg

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-24-2014, 07:25 AM
Tbh, Jim was just never that dominant. Good system player though.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
:tu

Arnold Toht
06-02-2014, 07:28 PM
He'll repeat losing in the finals.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 07:33 PM
https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/10/37fc9fa50c0946fdb59accbb33867e96/full.jpg

Big Empty
06-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Duncan hurt his knee in 2000 and missed the playoffs. Lakers never would have won that first title had that not happened.