PDA

View Full Version : Unless James Hardeen becomes probable for game 3, this series is over...

cheguevara
05-23-2014, 06:33 PM
LOL not sure why are posters here running like headless chickens around here :lol

this series is over comrades. The OKC struggled vs. Memphis, vs. Clippers who are clearly below way below in quality to the Spurs.

The Ibaka injury was just unfortunate by giving way, way too much credit to OKC. all they did is rely on their home court to barely reach the WFC (let's not forget Zach Randolph was suspended for game 7, or the blatant ending to game 5 vs Clippers)

OKC was a flawed team to begin with with or without Ibaka. They lack shooters and a steady bench. Sure their superstars can still take this series to 6 games tops. But it won't be enough. This series is over unless James Harden suddenly becomes a game time decision :lol

slick'81
05-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Bbbbbb ibakakakakakkkkkkkkkka

dbreiden83080
05-23-2014, 06:42 PM
They looked like shit against the Clips TBH and the series should have gone 7.. But this will be a factor and could now go 6... But Spurs in drivers seat..

RD2191
05-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Spurs get backdoor swept if they lose both in OKC. The pressure will be too much.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Spurs get backdoor swept if they lose both in OKC. The pressure will be too much.

So OKC will shine under the pressure and we will wilt.. OKC has not won a title ..

cheguevara
05-23-2014, 06:46 PM
They looked like shit against the Clips TBH and the series should have gone 7.. But this will be a factor and could now go 6... But Spurs in drivers seat..

they also looked like shit vs. Memphis. They were lucky they had home court and Memphis is the worst offensive team in the playoffs. oh and that Zach got suspended. they really dodged a bullet

in similar fashion they dodged a bullet vs. Clippers due to ref/Paul historic chokejob.

you just can't advace to the Finals on pure luck. they lack shooters, sorry but when your best bet is Caron Butler and Derek Fisher it's just not meant to be...

sure you can play the inside out game assuming Ibaka is healthy but unless you combine it with a dead eye Harden, it won't matter

SpurPadre
05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
First, it was Abaka, now it's Hardeen. How about Kelving Duront? Or Russell Wastbrook?

Budkin
05-23-2014, 07:01 PM

Backdoor sweeps up 2-0 are pretty rare things. It took some ridiculous shit for it to even happen last time and now they are playing at a level we haven't seen in years. Not happening again tbh.

baseline bum
05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
First, it was Abaka, now it's Hardeen. How about Kelving Duront? Or Russell Wastbrook?

It's Durbeta and Chimpbrook son

cheguevara
05-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Backdoor sweeps up 2-0 are pretty rare things. It took some ridiculous shit for it to even happen last time and now they are playing at a level we haven't seen in years. Not happening again tbh.

to be fair we were playing at a similar level in 2012, we had won what? 14 straight games and swept the previous 2 series, not to mention a beatdown of the hyped clippers.

again it's not what the Spurs are doing. OKC is flawed. They have been very lucky to make it this far.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2014, 07:11 PM
to be fair we were playing at a similar level in 2012, we had won what? 14 straight games and swept the previous 2 series, not to mention a beatdown of the hyped clippers.

again it's not what the Spurs are doing. OKC is flawed. They have been very lucky to make it this far.

It's all true but I just think we are a different team.. Kawhi is a serious player for us now, Matt Bonner has been completely relegated to mop up duty, Splitter has finally emerged into a true productive starting center, our bench is deeper we are hungrier.. This Spurs team is legit we just need to stay focused..

Man In Black
05-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Splitter played what...less than 1 minute in that 2012 Conf Finals? Danny Green wasn't yet VERDE, and Kawhi Leonard averaged about 5 points per. THIS IS A DIFFERENT TEAM. Is a hobbled Ibaka better than a healthy Adams or Collison?
Doesn't matter, if what I've posted is true, that means that the middle can still be attacked. Spurs in 5. I think the Spurs win game 3 and Pop throws Game 4. He treats game 4 as a scrimmage so there isn't too much time until the Finals after the Game 5 at home, victory.

RD2191
05-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't know. I doubt it really happens but can you imagine a Game 5 tied 2-2? The pressure on the Spurs would be enormous.

hater
05-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Splitter played what...less than 1 minute in that 2012 Conf Finals? Danny Green wasn't yet VERDE, and Kawhi Leonard averaged about 5 points per. THIS IS A DIFFERENT TEAM. Is a hobbled Ibaka better than a healthy Adams or Collison?
Doesn't matter, if what I've posted is true, that means that the middle can still be attacked. Spurs in 5. I think the Spurs win game 3 and Pop throws Game 4. He treats game 4 as a scrimmage so there isn't too much time until the Finals after the Game 5 at home, victory.

Yeah but Duncan Manu and Parker were a LOT better in 2 years ago

Russ
05-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Spurs 2-10 vs. OKC in the last 12 when Ibaka has played.

cheguevara
05-23-2014, 07:27 PM

regular season results mean very, very, very little

Russ
05-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Come to think of it, the HCA may be the Home Court Disadvantage for the Spurs here.

If OKC had the HCA (assuming the Spurs beat OKC w/o Ibaka in any venue), the Spurs are up 2-0 at this point going home. With 3 of the last 5 remaining at home.

Now, the Spurs are 2-0 going into OKC (where they haven't won in forever) with OKC having 3 of the remaining 5 at home.

So much for getting HCA. :bang

NASpurs
05-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Come to think of it, the HCA may be the Home Court Disadvantage for the Spurs here.

If OKC had the HCA (assuming the Spurs beat OKC w/o Ibaka in any venue), the Spurs are up 2-0 at this point going home. With 3 of the last 5 remaining at home.

Now, the Spurs are 2-0 going into OKC (where they haven't won in forever) with OKC having 3 of the remaining 5 at home.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Russ
05-23-2014, 07:35 PM
I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Me neither. I'll know come Wednesday morning.

Dex
05-23-2014, 07:39 PM

Logic is flawed. You can't assume Spurs would have won both games on the road, even with Ibaka out.

Speculation is speculation. What if Ibaka had never gotten hurt in the first place? What if the Spurs didn't exist? What if basketballs were cubical?

Russ
05-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Logic is flawed. You can't assume Spurs would have won both games on the road, even with Ibaka out.

Speculation is speculation.

Fair point (although arguments are routinely made based upon assumptions).

Speculation is speculation. What if Ibaka had never gotten hurt in the first place? What if the Spurs didn't exist? What if basketballs were cubical?

:smchode:

Budkin
05-23-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't know. I doubt it really happens but can you imagine a Game 5 tied 2-2? The pressure on the Spurs would be enormous.

Not any worse than Game 7 against Dallas. After all history had a chance of repeating there too.

spurs1990
05-23-2014, 08:04 PM
We may as well face it:

Aeioubaka is to the '14 Spurs as Jordan was to the '94-'95 Rockets.

Our impending title will forever be tied to the Congolesian-Spaniard.

heyheymymy
05-23-2014, 08:59 PM
We may as well face it:

Aeioubaka is to the '14 Spurs as Jordan was to the '94-'95 Rockets.

Our impending title will forever be tied to the Congolesian-Spaniard.

lol @ Aeioubaka

cd021
05-23-2014, 09:42 PM

Highly doubt this team drops both but even then, this team has been hammering teams at home. Last 6 home games Spurs won by an average margin of victory +22 and are 7-1 at home Thunder are 4-4 on the road in the playoffs.

cd021
05-23-2014, 09:48 PM

very misleading

Parker missed 1 and couldn't finish another. Splitter missed several Leonard missed a couple, Manu missed at least 3. Green missed 1. Even them most of those losses were pretty darn close.

And who's to say Ibaka would even be that Ibaka. For all we know he could max out at 20 minutes a game.

King Emmanuel
05-23-2014, 10:00 PM
hopefully we lose. i can't stand losing to the heat again

Mikeanaro
05-23-2014, 10:00 PM
This series is about putting ex-Spurkillers to bed, Derek Fishless is like 40 years old and just wants to talk to the creator.

dg7md
05-23-2014, 11:02 PM

No way. The 2012 Thunder team was an excellent team, top to bottom, the 2014 version is not close to the same. Not to mention we're far superior this time, and have home court.

Pound the rock
05-23-2014, 11:44 PM
It's a stretch to think that events should unfold the exact same way as they did as they did in 2012 simply because it involves the same two teams under the same conditions(thunder down 2 and WCF) several X factors will see it to it that it just won't happen, Green is now ripe, Splitter is not riding the pine, Leonard has blossomed, Spurs are playing with a hunger , no harden, a hobbled e caca...list goes on

Kidd K
05-24-2014, 12:18 AM

The Spurs got backdoor swept because Harden destroyed Manu (who shat the bed in all 3 games at OKC), Ibaka got away with about a dozen goaltends in 2 games, and horridly biased officiating in OKC's favor in games 4-6. Not because Ibaka was that great. Ibaka only had one great game. The real killers were Harden and the refs, and Harden's gone.

Sean Cagney
05-24-2014, 12:25 AM

What was their record against Portland the last few years? TBH.

Sean Cagney
05-24-2014, 12:28 AM
hopefully we lose. i can't stand losing to the heat again

Yeah because you would not want to have another shot and just stay home now rather than getting a shot at redemption? Are you serious?

BadOne
05-24-2014, 12:42 AM
What was their record against Portland the last few years? TBH.

Damn good point.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/head_to_head_gl/spurs_vs_trail_blazers_game_log_season.htm

We've owned the Mavs too over the past 2 seasons. I surely didn't expect that series to go over 5 games. Regular season results are overrated as of late.

G-Dawgg
05-24-2014, 02:02 AM
I also feel the Spurs should win this series. However, don't get too cocky... they still have the MVP of the league/scoring champ and his top scoring sidekick... NEVER EVER forget 2012, and I'm not talking about Kony....

TampaDude
05-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Unless Harden is going to suit up for OKC, this series is over, Ibaka or no Ibaka.

hater
05-24-2014, 03:43 AM
Unless Harden is going to suit up for OKC, this series is over, Ibaka or no Ibaka.

Skull-1
05-24-2014, 04:54 AM

Or "SpurPadre STFU"?

Skull-1
05-24-2014, 04:54 AM
Maybe they can get Chewbacca....

TVI
05-24-2014, 06:53 AM
The Ibaka injury was just unfortunate by giving way, way too much credit to OKC. all they did is rely on the refs to barely reach the WFC (let's not forget Zach Randolph was suspended for game 7, or the blatant ending to game 5 vs Clippers)FIFY

Rapper
05-24-2014, 07:50 AM
a historical 0 -3 backdoor swept will be happen if you think that spurs taking 2-0 lead means winning the series already.

Do not ever look down on any opponent or underestimate the heart of a champion . The thunder are still able to win 4.straight games even playing without Ibaka and Harden.

Jenks
05-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Do not ever look down on any opponent or underestimate the heart of a champion .
Which champion are you referring to? Perkins?

cheguevara
05-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Do not ever look down on any opponent or underestimate the heart of a champion . The thunder are still able to win 4.straight games even playing without Ibaka and Harden.

Champion? Champion of what?

Save a major Spur injury there is no realistic scenario for the Okc to win 4 games.

Rapper
05-27-2014, 09:50 PM
yep the series is over

hater
06-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Good call homes :tu

mad respect

cheguevara
06-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks comrade

cheguevara
06-01-2014, 08:51 PM
LOL not sure why are posters here running like headless chickens around here :lol

this series is over comrades. The OKC struggled vs. Memphis, vs. Clippers who are clearly below way below in quality to the Spurs.

The Ibaka injury was just unfortunate by giving way, way too much credit to OKC. all they did is rely on their home court to barely reach the WFC (let's not forget Zach Randolph was suspended for game 7, or the blatant ending to game 5 vs Clippers)

OKC was a flawed team to begin with with or without Ibaka. They lack shooters and a steady bench. Sure their superstars can still take this series to 6 games tops. But it won't be enough. This series is over unless James Harden suddenly becomes a game time decision :lol

Wow even called the 6 games :tu

cheguevara
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Woopsey

RD2191
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Woopsey
:yield