PDA

View Full Version : Silly question, but who wins this game? first to 20..

apalisoc_9
05-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Tim Duncan
Boris Diaw
Danny Green
Manu Ginobili
Patty Mills

Vs.

Tiago Splitter
Aaron Baynes
Kawhi Leonard
Marco Bellineli
Tony Parker

smeagol
05-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Yep . . . silly question indeed . . .

spursparker9
05-24-2014, 12:36 AM
The team with TP.

mudyez
05-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Tim Duncan
Boris Diaw
Danny Green
Manu Ginobili
Patty Mills

Vs.

Tiago Splitter
Aaron Baynes
Kawhi Leonard
Marco Bellineli
Tony Parker

I always bite on this kind of shit...

Frontcourt:
I love Tim, but defensively he and Boris are not a great frontcourt...Splitter on the other end is just defensive first team type of material right now while Baynes will at least cloak the paint, banging bodies. Offensively team Duncan has an obvious advantage.

Backcourt:
Looking at the backcourt, its TP's vs Manu's playmaking (edge TP) and Bellis vs Mills shooting (tie) with an overall advantage for TPs team.
KL over Green is a no brainer (SF position is backcourt in my book).

Matchups:
Green may guard TP, Leonard probably Manu and vice versa, TP on Mills, while hiding Bellinelli on Green and Mills on who?
Team Duncan could create a matchup problem pulling Diaw to the perimeter. While Splitter is mobile enough to counter that, it takes away from the Splitter/Baynes rim protector duo (nat saying Splitter is a great shot blocker).

Offense:
I may like team Duncan more as Diaws/Manus passing always is fun to watch, but I don't see them stopping team Parker with Duncan as only rim protector going against TP. Team Parker is very dependent on Parker himself. If he doesn't go off, there are only so many options (KL, screeing action for Belli)...Team Duncan has way more options on that end of the floor. Baynes is the biggest liability on the offensive end but I'm not sure you can call it hiding/resting Duncan/Diaw when put against this banging giant.

Defense:
As said, matchups and rim protection favour team Parker.

Conclusion:
If Paker is clicking, his team should win. If not and team Duncan gets the passing game going, they can win.

Team Parker in 7 games :D

PÒÓCH
05-24-2014, 02:43 AM
I just had the most fantabulous bowel movement.

Aztecfan03
05-24-2014, 02:56 AM
At first I was thinking the first team but that lineup is kind of small.