PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Manzeil...?

Avante
05-24-2014, 01:31 AM
I had a feeling after watching him play a few times that Russell Wilson was going to be a star in the NFL, he was the total package, he could do it all. I didn't get that feeling with RGIII, he didn;t have that touch, he ran too much, he didn't seem to give things a chance before off he went.

I've seen Manzeil play a half dozen times, I get the feeling he's football smarter and has better touch than RGIII. Obviously he's no Russell Wilson and won't be but I can see him being an NFL QB if he cools the Fran Tarkenton impersonation, he's too frail to being pulling that shit at this level. Sure move around but cool the running bullshit.

Hmmmm....come to think about it Tarkenton did just move around, he wasn't actually a runner so shine that bullshit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While here....

Why is Ray Rice being treated like a wife beater? Damn we live in a sensitive fucking time. Redskins...is offensive? Saying...don't bring black guys to the game....is that serious? How would any of these sensitive shits make it here?

The Reckoning
05-24-2014, 04:03 PM
manziel moved a lot less his soph year. you could tell he was already working on his pro transition after winning the heisman with his feet.

Avante
05-24-2014, 08:25 PM
court of public opinion don't care
court of public opinion don't give a shit

You'd know about nobody giving a shit little man.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193995

Blake
05-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Why is Ray Rice being treated like a wife beater? Damn we live in a sensitive fucking time.

Seriously, you're the dumbest poster on this entire messageboard.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Why is Ray Rice being treated like a wife beater?
"Retarded" is an understatement for you....

Avante
05-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Seriously, you're the dumbest poster on this entire messageboard.

I'll go slow little man...

Do you know what a wife beater is? Ya don't do ya idiot?

Avante
05-24-2014, 10:54 PM
you don't know me

you don't know what i'm capable of.

How about threads nobody gives a fuck about?

Avante
05-24-2014, 10:55 PM
"Retarded" is an understatement for you....

So you don't know what a wife beater is either, why am I not surprised?

Clipper Nation
05-24-2014, 10:57 PM
So you don't know what a wife beater is either, why am I not surprised?

He beat a woman, and as a result, is being treated like someone who beat a woman.... why exactly should we be surprised or outraged at that?

Avante
05-24-2014, 11:01 PM
He beat a woman, and as a result, is being treated like someone who beat a woman.... why exactly should we be surprised or outraged at that?

I "once" put on the gloves in the navy and boxed a couple rounds, does that make me a boxer? I tried golf "once" does that make me a golfer?

Dude, nobody should be as fucking dumb as you are. A wife beater is someone with a history of banging his wife around.....ok little guy?

This sound like Ray Rice to you?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Woman%20Beater

Ray Rice hit his wife, that doesn't make him a wife beater, ok half pint?

Kyle Orton
05-24-2014, 11:22 PM
I "once" put on the gloves in the navy and boxed a couple rounds, does that make me a boxer? I tried golf "once" does that make me a golfer?

Dude, nobody should be as fucking dumb as you are. A wife beater is someone with a history of banging his wife around.....ok little guy?

This sound like Ray Rice to you?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Woman%20Beater

Ray Rice hit his wife, that doesn't make him a wife beater, ok half pint?
So if I murder someone, am I a murderer? I don't have a long history of it

Kyle Orton
05-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Are you a child rapist because you fucked multiple underage southeast asians?

Avante
05-25-2014, 12:07 AM
So if I murder someone, am I a murderer? I don't have a long history of it

Only an idiot would think a one shot deal like that makes Ray Rice a wife beater. You can get sloppy ass drunk, that doesn't mean you're a drunk.

Kyle Orton
05-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Only an idiot would think a one shot deal like that makes Ray Rice a wife beater. You can get sloppy ass drunk, that doesn't mean you're a drunk.
Then should one time murderers get another chance because it was only the first time and there was no history?

Avante
05-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Are you a child rapist because you fucked multiple underage southeast asians?

There ya go a perfect example right there of not understanding shit. You cannot "rape" professional hookers over there ya see little man they are of age. So make some attempt at knowing what you're talking about ..ok? Ya see stupid they have different laws over there, honest they do.

Avante
05-25-2014, 12:13 AM
Then should one time murderers get another chance because it was only the first time and there was no history?

Who said anything about given chances? Are you paying any attention at all? I said that Ray Rice doesn't qualify as a wife beater. No more than a dog biting someone that kicked them. Is he now a vicious dangerous beast?

dg7md
05-25-2014, 06:48 AM
I never would consider myself siding with Avante, but it's true you can't really classify someone as a wife beater for just one isolated incident that occurred: it'd be like saying someone is a Hollywood movie star if they starred in one obscure movie over their whole career, it's not exactly the truth.

If Ray had a history of abuse against women then yes, he could be classified as a "wife beater", but it was one drunken outing he regrets. Ray Rice is a man of great character who made a mistake and he knows that, so lumping him in with a class of people who live abusive lives on a regular basis is unfair. I was very upset when I found out about what happened with him, but you can tell that he regrets it and he has done a lot of things to ensure that it wouldn't happen again. Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes worse than others, but Ray Rice's track record is more positive than on the negative.

There's a hierarchy of what one would consider a murderer versus someone who murdered another. All of it is terrible but you cannot deny that a murderer of 100 is substantially different than someone who killed just one.

leemajors
05-25-2014, 09:03 AM
How the fuck do you know anything about Ray Rice's character? You could tell from all the times you saw him on tv? He dragged his wife out of an elevator IN FUCKING PUBLIC IN ATLANTIC CITY. Quit making fucking excuses for him.

“I do deeply regret the role I played in the incident that night,”

He can't even apologize right.

Blake
05-25-2014, 10:31 AM
I'll go slow little man...

Do you know what a wife beater is? Ya don't do ya idiot?

What's the legal definition of "wife beater"?

Go slow so that I can keep up.

Blake
05-25-2014, 10:33 AM
I never would consider myself siding with Avante, but it's true you can't really classify someone as a wife beater for just one isolated incident that occurred: it'd be like saying someone is a Hollywood movie star if they starred in one obscure movie over their whole career, it's not exactly the truth.

If Ray had a history of abuse against women then yes, he could be classified as a "wife beater", but it was one drunken outing he regrets. Ray Rice is a man of great character who made a mistake and he knows that, so lumping him in with a class of people who live abusive lives on a regular basis is unfair. I was very upset when I found out about what happened with him, but you can tell that he regrets it and he has done a lot of things to ensure that it wouldn't happen again. Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes worse than others, but Ray Rice's track record is more positive than on the negative.

There's a hierarchy of what one would consider a murderer versus someone who murdered another. All of it is terrible but you cannot deny that a murderer of 100 is substantially different than someone who killed just one.

How many times does he have to beat his wife to be a wife beater?

Give a number.

Blake
05-25-2014, 11:11 AM
You can get sloppy ass drunk, that doesn't mean you're a drunk.

seriously...your intelligence is lower than anyone else I've come across on this board.

angrydude
05-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Domestic Violence is no laughing matter.

dg7md
05-25-2014, 11:15 PM
How the fuck do you know anything about Ray Rice's character? You could tell from all the times you saw him on tv? He dragged his wife out of an elevator IN FUCKING PUBLIC IN ATLANTIC CITY. Quit making fucking excuses for him.

You'll probably find it funny but he's really polite and well-mannered to his fans, meet and greets, his Facebook, interviews, documentaries — he's a well-educated man without a history of violence who came from a crazy background. This was a big deal because he has never done anything of the sort before. Aldon Smith on the other hand, gets himself in a lot of trouble all of the time so it isn't nearly as big of news as when someone who is new to bad events gets caught up in one.

I'm not making an excuse, but I am a forgiving person usually, everyone fucks up pretty bad in their life sometimes, it'd be awful to hold it against them if they feel terrible for their actions.

dg7md
05-25-2014, 11:16 PM
How many times does he have to beat his wife to be a wife beater?

Give a number.

I'd say multiple instances counts as a wife beater. If he did it twice, yeah, sure. I'll buy that. One time doesn't make anybody anything. You make an A on a test you aren't a genius in the subject, one time instances are sometimes brought on by strange events. Life is weird like that.

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 11:27 PM
I'd say multiple instances counts as a wife beater. If he did it twice, yeah, sure. I'll buy that. One time doesn't make anybody anything. You make an A on a test you aren't a genius in the subject, one time instances are sometimes brought on by strange events. Life is weird like that.

Eh, some things in life are bad enough to brand you forever even if you do them just once.... murder, child molestation, and beating a woman are high on that list, tbh....

Avante
05-25-2014, 11:30 PM
seriously...your intelligence is lower than anyone else I've come across on this board.

Only a 100% idiot like you would think a one time incident makes a man a wife beater. Dude, why continue to "try" and talk about things yoi obviously know nothing about at all?

Avante
05-25-2014, 11:32 PM

I hate to break it to ya this little guy but we've all done things out of character, yes even you.

Avante
05-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Eh, some things in life are bad enough to brand you forever even if you do them just once.... murder, child molestation, and beating a woman are high on that list, tbh....

First of all half pint, drop ...murder....ok? That's getting a bit carried away.

So you really think all those milions and millions of sailor/servicemen who made it with bar girls were child molestors, hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you realy that far out of touch with reality ya dumb fuck?

While it's never ok to hit a woman, when a guy does unless he has a habit of it he is not considered a wife beater, ok little guy?

reporter...so have you ever hit your wife?
you...once, a few years ago, i felt like shit about it, I just lost it.
reporter...you're a wife beater!
you...yes I know I am. we've been together 10 years now and no doubt me losing my cool that once , yep...wife beater!

Dude..:rolleyes

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 11:40 PM
So you really think all those milions and millions of sailore/servicemen who made it with bar girls were child molestors, hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you realy that far out of touch with reality ya dumb fuck?

Did I mention you in my post? Wow, your guilty conscience couldn't be any more obvious....

dg7md
05-25-2014, 11:48 PM

I really can't disagree with that and your examples, I totally get your perspective. I just feel like the situation is way different when you brand someone a certain way due to one incident, Ray has a pretty good history of things and alcohol being involved can make anybody act out of character and do horrible things.

Avante
05-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Did I mention you in my post? Wow, your guilty conscience couldn't be any more obvious....

Are you really going to play silly shit like that, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, are you really as fucked up as you act here?

Avante
05-25-2014, 11:50 PM
I really can't disagree with that and your examples, I totally get your perspective. I just feel like the situation is way different when you brand someone a certain way due to one incident, Ray has a pretty good history of things and alcohol being involved can make anybody act out of character and do horrible things.

It's no use CN is too stupid to get it. I bet he thinks if ya get drunk once you're a drunk.

leemajors
05-26-2014, 07:14 AM

there's that, then there's doing it on camera in public. guess we're lucky the footage of him knocking her out wasn't leaked.

Blake
05-26-2014, 08:02 AM
I'd say multiple instances counts as a wife beater. If he did it twice, yeah, sure. I'll buy that. One time doesn't make anybody anything.

You're making up your own rules of what makes somebody something.

If you're convicted one time of beating your wife in a court of law, you're a wife beater. In the court of public opinion, he's being treated like a wife beater because he's been indicted and he was caught on camera.

Fuck him.

You make an A on a test you aren't a genius in the subject, one time instances are sometimes brought on by strange events. Life is weird like that.

So to you, two A's on two tests in one subject makes you a genius?

dg7md
05-26-2014, 09:16 AM
You're making up your own rules of what makes somebody something.

If you're convicted one time of beating your wife in a court of law, you're a wife beater. In the court of public opinion, he's being treated like a wife beater because he's been indicted and he was caught on camera.

Fuck him.

So to you, two A's on two tests in one subject makes you a genius?

Literally the opposite of what I'm saying. I'm saying the "rules" are different and you can't exactly claim to be an expert nor a seasoned wife beater if just one occurrence, if you continue to make a habit of something, and behavior, then you can be classified and lumped into a group like that. It might be making up my "own rules", but it ultimately seems unfair to me to keep something held against someone when they feel bad for it and have no prior history of anything like it before. Would you call Michael Vick someone who abuses animals, still? He repented pretty well and became a better, improved person due to his mistakes. I can guarantee Ray Rice will not ever have any incident like that again because it's entirely unlike him and how he has been as a person thus far, and in like 5 years, if you are to call him a "wife beater" still, it wouldn't really be all that truthful in the same ways as calling Michael Vick an animal abuser doesn't exactly seem to fit when he has paid the price and has been redeemed by overcoming that unfortunate incident.

I completely loathe domestic violence, please don't think I'm endorsing his behavior at all, but I know that this had to have just been one horrific event that will likely not happen again in his life, and for me to hold this against him when he has such a good image outside of this seems wrong to me. People can make horrible mistakes and still be good people despite the crime at hand.

Blake
05-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Tldr.

I've got no problem with anyone calling someone who beat his wife one time a "wife beater".

Comparing it to test grades is silly.

spurraider21
05-26-2014, 12:44 PM
i was under the impression that if you beat your wife, you are a wife beater. if you drive drunk, you are a drunk driver, etc

Clipper Nation
05-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Are you really going to play silly shit like that, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, are you really as fucked up as you act here?
Silly shit like what? It's just abundantly clear you have a guilty conscience, tbh....

Avante
05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Silly shit like what? It's just abundantly clear you have a guilty conscience, tbh....

I've explained the situation how many times? Ever try to actually paying attention?

Avante
05-27-2014, 10:47 AM
i was under the impression that if you beat your wife, you are a wife beater. if you drive drunk, you are a drunk driver, etc

You are totally mising the point here.

You snort a little coke at a party, a one time deal, are you a druggie? Do you need counseling to get off the stuff? You kick a dog that attacked your kids, are you an animal abuser? You need couseling?

The wife was beating on this guy so he had had enought and smacked her, thst is not a wife beater in any way shape or form. A 'wife beater" is a guy who has a history of smacking his wife around, trust me that's how that is looked at.

Blake
05-27-2014, 10:54 AM
You are totally mising the point here.

You snort a little coke at a party, a one time deal, are you a druggie? Do you need counseling to get off the stuff? You kick a dog that attacked your kids, are you an animal abuser? You need couseling?

The wife was beating on this guy so he had had enought and smacked her, thst is not a wife beater in any way shape or form. A 'wife beater" is a guy who has a history of smacking his wife around, trust me that's how that is looked at.

A whole bunch of apples and oranges

leemajors
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
lol if you drag your wife out of an elevator in public, then knock her unconscious I have a feeling it may not have been the first time you hit her.