PDA

View Full Version : This is not a jinx thread but.... french in san antonio may come back !

JP le Requin
05-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Are there some french people who wanna go to san antonio IF spurs going to NBA FINALS???

admidave50 and I will go for 99% sure then Julien (big TP shoes collector and TP fan may join us from NY too)

i wish to share here some good deals for planes tickets, motel, cars deals and finals tix...

and share good adresses for restaurant...where are malik rose's restaurant, sean ******'s restaurant, tunning car store's duncan etc...

this maybe the last time i will come to san antonio (for financial reasons and home duty reasons lol)

GO SPURS GO
DRIVE 4 FIVE !!!!!!
FROG POWWWWAAAAA

BillMc
05-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Are there some french people who wanna go to san antonio IF spurs going to NBA FINALS???

admidave50 and I will go for 99% sure then Julien (big TP shoes collector and TP fan may join us from NY too)

i wish to share here some good deals for planes tickets, motel, cars deals and finals tix...

and share good adresses for restaurant...where are malik rose's restaurant, sean ******'s restaurant, tunning car store's duncan etc...

this maybe the last time i will come to san antonio (for financial reasons and home duty reasons lol)

GO SPURS GO
DRIVE 4 FIVE !!!!!!
FROG POWWWWAAAAA

Hey, looking at your sig, obviously you met Pop. How was he? Friendly? Or did he treat you like one of those TNT sideline reporters? :)

JP le Requin
05-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Pop was cool with me, friendly, easy..;it was in paris for TP's wedding...but finley was an asshole..i had fun with brent barry too and even baron davis, deron williams, malik rose were cool...sean ****** too ^^
but no david no timmy there...

BillMc
05-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Pop was cool with me, friendly, easy..;it was in paris for TP's wedding...but finley was an asshole..i had fun with brent barry too and even baron davis, deron williams, malik rose were cool...sean ****** too ^^
but no david no timmy there...

Wow, that sounds like a great time. Great memories, I'm sure. :toast

jag
05-24-2014, 10:14 AM
As the presiding Bishop of the Church of Tony, I welcome all French people to America (specifically San Antonio) to cheer on the 3rd greatest player in Spurs history.

Tony has been a blessing to the Spurs, the city of San Antonio, and to the sport of basketball.

Go Spurs Go

lauren_gino20
05-24-2014, 11:07 AM
You're going to san antonio. Believe me.

Oh, Gee!!
05-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Send your women instead. We can at least drop the average weight of female spurs fans that way

EVAY
05-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Send your women instead. We can at least drop the average weight of female spurs fans that way

:lol

EVAY
05-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Well, I hope that you get to come to San Antonio because that will mean we have made it to the finals.

There are some decent restaurants in San Antonio. Frederick's Bistro is a decent place, as is Bisto Vatel. Most decent french food here is of the Bistro variety because the populace simply will not support french haute cuisine. The original Frederick's is good also, although it is not easy to find or get to.

the owner of Frederick's and Frederick's Bistro is/was a French vietnamese guy. Service can be iffy, but if you get hold of Freddy, he will treat you right.

L'Etoile used to be a good restaurant, but I don't know if it is any more or not because I haven't been there in maybe 7 years or so.

I think Malik Rose's restaurant closed.

Can't help you with the truck shop…Know that it is on Huebner but that is about it.

Don't eat Mexican food in this town unless you can handle super hot peppers. If you want good seafood try Wildfish out on 1604.

There is a new and well reviewed french place downtown but I can't remember the name. If I can get it I will come back and edit this post.

Bon Appetit and bon chance!!

The downtown place is La Frite - another bistro - this time Belgian.

weeks
05-24-2014, 08:41 PM
I'd love to go down there and catch a game someday before Timmy retires. Right now my closest option is OKC. Fuck. That.

JP le Requin
05-25-2014, 07:48 AM
thanks again for all advises...every time i am lucky to go there i ask some advises again and again ^^

Tonite WE MUST WIN...then with Amidave50 we will look for plane tix and motel tix...

oh and without my wife ...sorry for the san antonio weigh stats lol

Admidave50
05-25-2014, 08:10 AM
My boy JP and I are super excited to go to San Antonio. It will be the first time for me and I planned to go 2 years ago when we were up 2-0 against OKC, karma is a bitch so I will stay focused and cheer for my team at 3 am !

To be clear, I like TP but I'm as diehard Robinson fan and I've been following Spurs for 20 years now, JP and. I are the only one to get up at 3 am to watch Spurs game, and I've been doing it for a looooong time.

Hope that if we go to the Finals that we would be able to meet some Spurstalk folks, that would be pretty cool !

ontheraise
05-25-2014, 10:29 AM
My boy JP and I are super excited to go to San Antonio. It will be the first time for me and I planned to go 2 years ago when we were up 2-0 against OKC, karma is a bitch so I will stay focused and cheer for my team at 3 am !

To be clear, I like TP but I'm as diehard Robinson fan and I've been following Spurs for 20 years now, JP and. I are NOT the only one to get up at 3 am to watch Spurs game, and I've been doing it for a looooong time.

Hope that if we go to the Finals that we would be able to meet some Spurstalk folks, that would be pretty cool !

FYP :)

ForeignFan
05-25-2014, 10:41 AM
FYP :)
+1...

JP le Requin
05-25-2014, 10:45 AM
lol at ontheraise ^^
we are NOT the only one who get up @ 3am i hope so !!!

Pauleta14
05-25-2014, 01:21 PM
No you are not... ^^

baseline bum
05-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Don't eat Mexican food in this town unless you can handle super hot peppers.

Why you trolling the French fans, EVAY? :lmao

San Antonio Mexican food isn't very hot, since the popular salsas are pico de gallo, a tomatoe and onion sauce with jalapeños, and a green sauce made of serranos, tomatillos, and onions. The first and third can be somewhat hot if you use lots of it, but it's not as hot as the Mexican slasa like those using arbol or habanero. For Mexican downtown Mi Tierra has good fajitas and is open 24/7, but other menu items are so-so. Fav Mexican restaurant downtown is Cascabel's Mexican Patio down on South St Mary's, as their cochinita pibil and pozole are outstanding there, but they close at 4PM. Mole poblano is pretty average there though, as it is seemingly anywhere in the US.

gospursgojas
05-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Well, I hope that you get to come to San Antonio because that will mean we have made it to the finals.

There are some decent restaurants in San Antonio. Frederick's Bistro is a decent place, as is Bisto Vatel. Most decent french food here is of the Bistro variety because the populace simply will not support french haute cuisine. The original Frederick's is good also, although it is not easy to find or get to.

the owner of Frederick's and Frederick's Bistro is/was a French vietnamese guy. Service can be iffy, but if you get hold of Freddy, he will treat you right.

L'Etoile used to be a good restaurant, but I don't know if it is any more or not because I haven't been there in maybe 7 years or so.

I think Malik Rose's restaurant closed.

Can't help you with the truck shop…Know that it is on Huebner but that is about it.

Don't eat Mexican food in this town unless you can handle super hot peppers. If you want good seafood try Wildfish out on 1604.

There is a new and well reviewed french place downtown but I can't remember the name. If I can get it I will come back and edit this post.

Bon Appetit and bon chance!!

The downtown place is La Frite - another bistro - this time Belgian.

Why would he leave France to eat French food?...TBH

EVAY
05-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Why would he leave France to eat French food?...TBH

I didn't get the impression that he was leaving France to get french food…I got the impression that he was leaving France to see the Spurs play in San Antonio.

I assumed he might want some french style food for the same reason any of us look for american style restaurants in other countries, if we feel like it.

I never order Mexican food because I happen to be allergic to hot peppers - so I stick with the fajitas and other tex-mex, non super hot things.

You guys may not think the peppers here are hot, but for someone who is a non-native, they are plenty hot, believe me. I kept trying to eat them when I first moved here, thinking I was just being a wuss, until finally some nutritionist basically said "look, fool, you're allergic to hot peppers - stop trying to eat them!"

So I did.:lol

JP le Requin
05-25-2014, 04:43 PM
i like hamburgers ^^
i wish to know the best texan restaurant...the best steack/burger... where is it? ^^

colargol
05-25-2014, 04:45 PM
No you are not... ^^
not at all...^^

baseline bum
05-25-2014, 04:56 PM
I didn't get the impression that he was leaving France to get french food…I got the impression that he was leaving France to see the Spurs play in San Antonio.

I assumed he might want some french style food for the same reason any of us look for american style restaurants in other countries, if we feel like it.

I never order Mexican food because I happen to be allergic to hot peppers - so I stick with the fajitas and other tex-mex, non super hot things.

You guys may not think the peppers here are hot, but for someone who is a non-native, they are plenty hot, believe me. I kept trying to eat them when I first moved here, thinking I was just being a wuss, until finally some nutritionist basically said "look, fool, you're allergic to hot peppers - stop trying to eat them!"

So I did.:lol

LOL, I never look for Mexican food, brisket, or chicken fried steak when in another country! In your case eating the peppers is of course a bad idea, but San Antonio is filled with transplants from all over the country who handle our Mexican food fine, thanks to the military bases.

baseline bum
05-25-2014, 04:59 PM
i like hamburgers ^^
i wish to know the best texan restaurant...the best steack/burger... where is it? ^^

My favorite burger is the cheddar cheesy at Chris Madrid's, but you'll need to rent a car. Nothing fancy, just a really well-seasoned burger covered in artery clogging cheddar cheese (so something I only eat once every couple of months).

Admidave50
05-25-2014, 07:55 PM
GO SPURS GO !

So where are the supposed true French Spurs fans?!

Admidave50
05-25-2014, 09:59 PM
GO SPURS GO !

So where are the supposed true French Spurs fans?!

didn't think so, that's what I thought...

Admidave50
05-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Even if the players didn't give a fight, Spurs fans did show up tonight ! Go Spurs Go, we got the next two, BELIEVE

Oh, Gee!!
05-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Your non-jinx thread jinxed us

EVAY
05-26-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree with Oh, Gee!

Maybe you didn't intend this to be a jinx thread, but you sure as hell jinxed the French players last night. Both Parker and Diaw had really bad games, and neither seemed able to throw the ball in the ocean.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2014, 03:55 PM
I agree. You forgot to knock on wood

EVAY
05-26-2014, 04:01 PM
^^^oh, yeah. Knock.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Bump

JP le Requin
05-28-2014, 10:47 AM
how to delete this jinx!! sorry... now i have low profile..but i swear i believe in our spurs !!!

please delete this thread and lets concentrate now its a best serie in 3

baseline bum
06-01-2014, 07:24 AM
So this back on now?

JP le Requin
06-01-2014, 07:36 AM
So this back on now?

YES !
I am looking for Home game 1 & 2 tix and plane/motel/car rent...
i will be there with Admidave50...
and julien too i think

GO SPURS GO

WHAT A GAME LAST NIGHT !!!!

lauren_gino20
06-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I told you so.

smaka
06-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Wow, what a lucky man. Enjoy it! :toast

JP le Requin
06-02-2014, 03:17 PM