PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Memphis interested in making JVG Heach coach and president

djohn2oo8
05-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Sources told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies have serious interest in trying to convince Van Gundy to serve as coach and team president in a job structure modeled after the new dual role brother Stan Van Gundy has secured with the Detroit Pistons

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10981653/memphis-grizzlies-turn-jeff-van-gundy-coach-head-front-office

djohn2oo8
05-25-2014, 07:48 AM
*Head Coach

Kawhi
05-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Fuck, we might be stuck breen & Jackson next year :pctoss

scanry
05-25-2014, 10:52 AM
They should get Bill Walton tbh.

Chinook
05-25-2014, 11:33 AM
I imagine Van Gundy would be very wary of working under Memphis' owner. He's on his third coach in a year. The Grizzlies went from being the NBA's version of the Steelers to being the Browns.

DMC
05-25-2014, 12:12 PM
I get the JVG thing, but why do franchises think ex-players who pretend to understand strategy and commentate on national television will ever make good head coaches? "He's so well liked by the players".

There are only a few real NBA coaches. The rest are just cheerleaders.

testies
05-25-2014, 12:37 PM
I get the JVG thing, but why do franchises think ex-players who pretend to understand strategy and commentate on national television will ever make good head coaches? "He's so well liked by the players".

There are only a few real NBA coaches. The rest are just cheerleaders.

uhh.. hasn't JVG coached for years and reached finals with knicks?

DMC
05-25-2014, 12:41 PM
uhh.. hasn't JVG coached for years and reached finals with knicks?

uhhh.. didn't I say "I get the JVG thing" to preface my remarks? Yeah I think I did.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 12:49 PM
I imagine Van Gundy would be very wary of working under Memphis' owner. He's on his third coach in a year. The Grizzlies went from being the NBA's version of the Steelers to being the Browns.

Ya, he doesn't seem like the type of guy that would agree to work under those circumstances IMO, especially considering he's content with his announcing job..

Franklin
05-26-2014, 12:54 AM
JVP would fit Memphis perfectly, the Grizzlies don't play offense anyway.