PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Why is Russell Westbrook considered elite? A PTR study.

Cry Havoc
05-25-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/5/24/5746658/why-is-russell-westbrook-considered-elite

First let's address the obvious. Westbrook is a freakish athlete. He has an incredible motor, he's fast, he can jump pretty high, and he's strong. He puts up incredible numbers, with a 21-6-7 line for the season. When you watch him play you see a player that's as explosive as they come. He dunks with authority and look at him, he works hard on defense and he comes up with all of those steals. He's a fiery competitor who looks like a superstar, like the next generation of the NBA.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/5/24/5746658/why-is-russell-westbrook-considered-elite

DMC
05-25-2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I pointed that out last season and people scoffed. I guess if did so on PTR it would make more sense.

Cry Havoc
05-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I pointed that out last season and people scoffed. I guess if did so on PTR it would make more sense.

Volume shooters who score a lot are massively overrated by most fans and even managers.

DMC
05-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Volume shooters who score a lot are massively overrated by most fans and even managers.

When that volume shooter is also the PG, the team suffers.

BillMc
05-25-2014, 05:12 PM
When that volume shooter is also the PG, the team suffers.

Yep. And yet they made a finals 2 years ago, had the best record in the Western Conference last year, and second best record in the NBA this year. Replace Brooks with a better coach and they'd be a hell of a team.

hater
05-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Yep. And yet they made a finals 2 years ago, had the best record this year, and second best record this year. Replace Brooks with a better coach and they'd be a hell of a team.

Disagree. They are a gimmick team like the Mavs of olden times. Built to beat the Spurs sure. But would get assraped by the Heat.

Franklin
05-26-2014, 12:56 AM
the word "elite" has held a different meaning on ST since the foundation of the "elite company" tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2014, 01:12 AM
if rose is elite, i see no reason why wb isnt elite....

i take wb over rose anyway mvp form or not, cause we all know he padded stats in leastern conference