PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Is trading Wade a priority this offseason?

benefactor
05-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Most everyone can see the juice is all that's holding him together and with 20 million plus per season over the next two seasons the Heat have to be thinking about moving him and reloading with a young SG and a young big. Can they move him is the question though. You basically have to send him someplace that is interested in making money off his name and not really interested in winning.

Robz4000
05-25-2014, 03:23 PM
So the Lakers?

D-Wade
05-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Diva Kobe will be traded from the Lakers before Wade is traded from the Heat.

Chinook
05-25-2014, 03:32 PM
I think Wade stays until his contract is up. James may leave after this season, or he may leave after next. I don't see Bosh opting out until 2015, but he still has trade value. Maybe Charlotte or Houston will try to work out a deal for him,

StrengthAndHonor
05-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Riley and Arison will make sure he's compensated and treated well. He'll get a nice retirement package and will retire a Heat. They owe Wade a lot. Thats 3 championships and counting.

m>s
05-25-2014, 03:47 PM
wade is still averaging over 20ppg with over 50% shooting this post season...you don't break up a championship team just because he's getting older. he could continue to produce at this level for another 1, 2, 3, 4 years who knows. once you have a team thats capable of winning a championship what more can you ask for...don't fix what isn't broken.

benefactor
05-25-2014, 03:50 PM
I think Wade stays until his contract is up. James may leave after this season, or he may leave after next. I don't see Bosh opting out until 2015, but he still has trade value. Maybe Charlotte or Houston will try to work out a deal for him,
This is why I think they might trade him. Keeping James from walking>>>any kind of loyalty to Wade. The biggest problem is broken down player+contract+15% trade kicker makes it hard to send him anywhere that wants anything more than a name.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
This is why I think they might trade him. Keeping James from walking>>>any kind of loyalty to Wade. The biggest problem is broken down player+contract+15% trade kicker makes it hard to send him anywhere that wants anything more than a name.
Riley won't trade Wade. He'll trade Bosh before Wade.

StrengthAndHonor
05-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Can you come up with at least 2 good reasons why Lebron would leave Miami?

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-25-2014, 03:54 PM

1. If Wade really couldn't give it a go anymore

2. To win.

benefactor
05-25-2014, 03:55 PM
wade is still averaging over 20ppg with over 50% shooting this post season...you don't break up a championship team just because he's getting older. he could continue to produce at this level for another 1, 2, 3, 4 years who knows. once you have a team thats capable of winning a championship what more can you ask for...don't fix what isn't broken.
That's the thing...it's going to be broken. They have to think about his contract and how it limits their flexibility vs. rolling the dice on him being healthy enough to help them contend again next season.

m>s
05-25-2014, 03:56 PM
That's the thing...it's going to be broken. They have to think about his contract and how it limits their flexibility vs. rolling the dice on him being healthy enough to help them contend again next season.

who's to say lebron will still be GOAT level and able to carry a team for more than 2-3 more years? wade could potentially play at this level for 2 more years anyway...i don't think you throw 2 away for the "chance" at 3 or 4. just my opinion.

StrengthAndHonor
05-25-2014, 04:00 PM
1. If Wade really couldn't give it a go anymore

2. To win.
I don't think Wade is big enough of an influence at this stage going forward in Lebron's career. They had great years but the winning culture and legacy he helped create in Miami is too much to abandon. Even if Miami fails this year, Lebron has a lot of mileage left to win a title or two under a different cast.

RsxPiimp
05-25-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't think Wade is big enough of an influence at this stage going forward in Lebron's career. They had great years but the winning culture and legacy he helped create in Miami is too much to abandon. Even if Miami fails this year, Lebron has a lot of mileage left to win a title or two under a different cast.

+1 tbh,

:lmao @ the idea of trading wade

scanry
05-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Doesn't Wade have a no trade clause?

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 11:56 PM
They won't trade Three, and at his age and style of play, he doesn't really have trade value, tbh..

Bosh will get traded if Miami doesn't win the title IMO..

Seefourdc
05-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Wade shooting off the chart efficient this year/postseason and destroying teams at will with self created shots. With reasonably limited season playtime wade will be postseason dominant for another 3-4 years. Also all you fools forgot the treatment on his knee took 6 months to work so he had to really take it easy during the first part of the season. He conditioning is just getting back to the top end. This fucking dude is getting better every game.... He could be better next year than any year so far with James next year due to no health issues lol.

Franklin
05-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Even if he turns complete crap the Heat would still give him a contract because he's the face of this franchise, or has been, and you don't trade away players like this (see what happened in Indiana after Granger left), not to say dude can still ball and draw whistles

Venti Quattro
05-26-2014, 05:55 AM
The allure to play for championships every year beside butt buddies LeBron and Bosh will be enough to keep Wade in Miami, IMO. I'm sure they'll figure out a way. Riles isn't The Godfather for nothing

Mal
05-26-2014, 06:43 AM
This ship is going down with Wade on board. He earned it.

DMC
05-26-2014, 03:38 PM

1. Bigger market
2. See 1

AchillesHeel
05-26-2014, 04:07 PM
There's no way Wade is getting traded with Lebron staying in Miami. Heat would have to lose and both guys would have to want out in order for that to happen. Lebron would never let them trade his buddy and there's no way Miami would trade their most loved player.

benefactor
05-26-2014, 04:57 PM
There's no way Wade is getting traded with Lebron staying in Miami. Heat would have to lose and both guys would have to want out in order for that to happen. Lebron would never let them trade his buddy and there's no way Miami would trade their most loved player.
Seriously though...does James have any true loyalty to anyone? Dude basically turned his back on his own hometown/state. I think if James thought Wade was going to get moved for the greater good of the team so he could continue to win he would act like he's broken up for the faces in the crowd...but at the end of day he would shrug his shoulders and enjoy the fact that he no longer has to split the spotlight with anyone and still gets to play for a winner.

All in all, I'm fine with the loyalty arguments and you may very well be right. It just feels like in this day and age of cap constraints there is very little of that left and it would not surprise me at all to see Miami put the feelers out to some team that might consider taking him to put people in the seats.

Clipper Nation
05-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Seriously though...does James have any true loyalty to anyone? Dude basically turned his back on his own hometown/state.
He showed more than enough loyalty to Cleveland by sticking around until 2010 when a lot of stars would have long since demanded a trade, tbh.... meanwhile, the Cavs routinely failed to put anything resembling a decent team around him and essentially whored him out for tickets/merch while he took all the blame and criticism when they lost....

benefactor
05-26-2014, 06:44 PM
He did give them a chance...but he threw them under the bus as well. Regardless of how his time there went, he didn't have to set them on fire on national television.

As far as the whoring for tickets/merch and the blame, that's most certainly not exclusive to James' situation in Cleveland. Just about every star player in the league gets used for financial gain for whatever franchise they are playing for and blamed when things go south.

HemisfairArena
05-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Should they trade Wade to keep LeBron and surround him with an infusion of youth?,,,,yes. Will they?,,,,Not a chance. Wade is the first iconic Heat player. He brought them their 1st title,,,its the same reason the Spurs will never trade Duncan or Mavs trade Dirk, ect,,,,,

ImDaNuts
05-26-2014, 07:35 PM
James is good to go for another 2-3 titles IMO

Seventyniner
05-26-2014, 08:07 PM
If LeBron tells the Heat that he wants to go back to Cleveland, maybe the Heat and Cavs work out a deal for a signed-and-traded LeBron + Wade for the #1 pick and salary filler.

benefactor
06-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Looking more and more like it is, tbh.

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Diva Kobe will be traded from the Lakers before Wade is traded from the Heat.

LOL awesome, that means the Miami dynasty ends soon.

Mori Chu
06-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Why trade him? His contract is up. Just let him walk and replace him with Melo, whose tank is not 100% empty yet. Then when Wade cries about it, sign him for the veterans' minimum. Market value tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Why trade him? His contract is up.
It isn't up yet, he just has an opt-out clause, and there's no way in hell he's opting out of all that money after this shitpile of a series :lol

As I explained earlier, Heat are basically fucked.... Wade's not opting out, he has zero trade value with that contract, he won't take a lesser role, and he won't retire.... with no way to reload and the team looking more and more like Cleveland with each passing year, LeBron will bolt for greener pastures.... Miami had a good run but it's overPERIOD

Chinook
06-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Trade Wade to Phoenix for a PG and picks, and sign Melo (since they want to do that anyway) after James and Bosh renegotiate their deals. The problem is that Riley is apparently impatient and doesn't like building through the draft. If he sticks to that course, he'll have a team with no upside again just like he had with this group after 2012.

A Dragic/Room-exception FA or Draft pick/James/Melo/Bosh lineup is still the best starting five in the league, although I personally think Anthony is a cancerous player who's only chance at redemption is going to Dallas so Carisle can coach him.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 02:40 PM
riley doesnt believe in loyalty man, if u aint contributing u aint gettin shit

givin someone loyalty holding ur team back from winning ie the stupidest shit....

chance to win more rings>>>> loyalty contracts