PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City just set an NBA record..

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Biggest Free Throw disparity in NBA history in a quarter:lol..

The Thunder shot 21 Free Throws in the 3rd quarter vs. the Spurs shooting 0..

Not saying the officiating was poor, I'm just stating a fact and congratulating the Thunder for setting NBA history:lol..

Floyd Pacquiao
05-25-2014, 09:27 PM
:lol Wow, so much bullshit...

poop
05-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Thunderrefs to the rescue as usual.

spurraider21
05-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Lakers pissed about their record getting snapped

Horse
05-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Unreal

Skull-1
05-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Biggest Free Throw disparity in NBA history in a quarter:lol..

The Thunder shot 21 Free Throws in the 3rd quarter vs. the Spurs shooting 0..

Not saying the officiating was poor, I'm just stating a fact and congratulating the Thunder for setting NBA history:lol..

They are already working to break their own record in the Fourth. :lol Mills getting called for the foul on a corner three. :lol

baseline bum
05-25-2014, 09:37 PM
They'll break that record in Game 4

smackdaddy11
05-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Get your shit together, its 22, not 21.

poop
05-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Spurs still zero ft in second half. Unbelieveable

cd98
05-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Spurs shooting threes instead of attacking rim, even when Ibaka was out.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Refs are far from the reason the Spurs lost, btw, this isn't a ref complaint thread, just a funny fact:lol..

Spurs lost because they didn't match OKC's energy, were outrebounded badly and got absolutely nothing from Parker..

KawhiLeonard
05-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Never seen such ticky tack calls in that 3rd quarter it was distinguishing had to shut it off

Horse
05-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Oh it is the reason they lost now I agree they were lazy at times but I think you give up going to the basket when you can't get a call and they stop playing D when everything they do is a foul.

poeticism707
05-25-2014, 09:54 PM
We all knew it was coming.

SayTown
For once Pop needs to say something and get fined

cd98
Oh it is the reason they lost now I agree they were lazy at times but I think you give up going to the basket when you can't get a call and they stop playing D when everything they do is a foul.

I think Ibaka's shot blocking was in their heads and they didn't attack the rim.

exstatic
05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
I love how Kerr is trying to do damage control saying we fouled them in the act. He needs to go back and watch the 3rd quarter. OKC was in the penalty in about 25 seconds. After that, any ticky tacky call is a trip to the line.

SupremeGuy
05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Only thing that kept them in the game, other than parker killing it for the thunderefs, tbh

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2014, 09:56 PM
For once Pop needs to say something and get fined

You know he won't. And does it matter? Didn't help Doc Rivers much, did it?

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Yeah, the officiating was on rigged levels tonight, they gave us some ticky tack calls early in the game and i turned to my friends and told them it was a setup for the second half, it was so predictable. We have to play better to overcome the reffing, but the refs were a major reason we couldnt stay in the game, Patty's shot getting taken off killed us because they scored 5 straight right after the call, 8 point swing, game over.

myhc
05-25-2014, 09:57 PM

THIS. Of COURSE the Thunder were going to get some home cooking, especially in light of Brooks' comments after game 2. But the Spurs were just jacking up shots from the perimeter and not being the aggressors and getting into the lane. Hence the FT disparity, as ugly as it looks, is not shocking.

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2014, 09:58 PM
8th straight Spurs loss at OKC. How about that record?

exstatic
05-25-2014, 09:58 PM
LMAO. Now, the whistles on OKC in garbage time, trying to make it look respectable.

dg7md
05-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Nobody in the media will bring this up, just talk about how amazing Ibaka was and how we're doomed to 2012 flashbacks.

exstatic
05-25-2014, 09:59 PM
:lol Another whistle.

cjw
05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
8th straight Spurs loss at OKC. How about that record?

They don't have to win another game in OKC. Home court matters. Did people think this would be easy?

exstatic
05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
:lol Another one.

poop
05-25-2014, 10:03 PM
35-4 ??Yea nothing to see here... :rolleyes

phxspurfan
05-25-2014, 10:03 PM
True, an easy way to fix the game is to make the overall FT count about even but give the favored team way more shooting fouls. Anyone who thinks the refs aren't in on any games should read Donaghy's book.

Skull-1
05-25-2014, 10:04 PM
LMAO. Now, the whistles on OKC in garbage time, trying to make it look respectable.

And the stupid announcers bending over to kiss their own arses trying to say it wasn't the ref's fault--the calls were "even". Lmao. Whatever....

poop
05-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Second half free throws..biggest discrepancy in nba history

Spurs 4 The Win
And and the stupid announcers bending over to kiss their own arses trying to say it wasn't the ref's fault--the calls were "even". Lmao. Whatever....

The fact that they are even acknowledging it and doing damage control means that it was painfully obvious

sexinthatsx
Sometimes, you have to wonder... does TNT film crew purposely hide replays of fouls to prevent national media scrutiny? I mean on some of the replays, OKC player didn't even get touched and it was still a foul

HI-FI
05-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Nobody in the media will bring this up, just talk about how amazing Ibaka was and how we're doomed to 2012 flashbacks.
yep. mainstream media are worthless in this country.

honestly I didn't realize the third quarter was that bad. where the fuck was I? :lol

I thought overall the officiating was good in the first half, but it's in the second half when Donaghy's ex-boys take over.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Sometimes, you have to wonder... does TNT film crew purposely hide replays of fouls to prevent national media scrutiny? I mean on some of the replays, OKC player didn't even get touched and it was still a foul

They do it all the time, its pathetic, most bad calls dont get replays, especially of its in the favor of the thunder

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 10:26 PM

They never show replays of the ticky tack "touch" fouls that probably shouldn't be called for either team.

Either you call ticky tack fouls consistently, all the time, which results in a game where each team shoots 100 free throws, or you don't call them at all.

Selectively awarding ticky tack fouls preferentially to one team over another is precisely how refs control games.

BC3
05-25-2014, 10:28 PM
so biggest free throw disparity in nba history in a quarter and no mainstream attention? why?

hsxvvd
05-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Second half free throws..biggest discrepancy in nba history

Whatever it takes. Just like Memphis and LA before us. They not even trying to hide it.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Frankly speaking OKC outplayed us even with the refs in their pocket for the 2nd half so it doesn't matter.

Taking away Mills' 3 was robbery though. That was a huge momentum play.

rayray2k8
05-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Okc Refs are a hell of a team.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Frankly speaking OKC outplayed us even with the refs in their pocket for the 2nd half so it doesn't matter.

Its hard to outplay someone when they spend half the quarter at the free throw line and you cant build an offensive rhythm, i would say its near impossible

poop
05-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Its hard to outplay someone when they spend half the quarter at the free throw line and you cant build an offensive rhythm, i would say its near impossibleExactly, all these apologist dipshits completely ignoring this, which no team in history could overcome.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Also, loved how Reggie didnt think that Adams doing a butt slam on Duncan was a foul just because duncan didnt have the ball. I guess someone should just nail Ibaka with a flying leg sweep... you know, since he didnt have the ball. I dont think a single person who watched that game thought the spurs had a chance in the second half, if we fluked in enough 3s to be close at the end the refs wouldve done what they needed too. This was an unwinnable game, period, end of story.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Its hard to outplay someone when they spend half the quarter at the free throw line and you cant build an offensive rhythm, i would say its near impossible

I agree.

Incidentally I thought the refs greatly favored the Spurs in game 2 which I hate because it takes away from the fact that we were outplaying OKC anyways and would've won by 25 instead of 30 or 35 with fair reffing.

Actually with fair reffing tonight I don't know how things would've gone, because if you want fair reffing you have to take into account the fact that the refs were clearly favoring the Spurs in the first half (for whatever reason). Mills 3 makes the differential 6, but if the game was called fairly in the first half then OKC probably should get a net +5 which makes the differential +11.

However, then the question is did OKC get a net +11 bullshit free throw advantage in the third and fourth? I'm not sure.

Oh, and the last 8 free throws taken by our scrubs were almost entirely bullshit. The refs were just trying to make the final disparity look respectable, IMO.

Anyways the point is there are a lot of variables and it's hard to say what would've happened but my eye test says OKC still would've won overall as they did outplay us. Parker played like shit.

Biernutz
05-25-2014, 10:35 PM
I love the ref's calling 6 fouls on OKC with 4 min left in the game to pad the foul total so it wont
look as bad.........

lefty
05-25-2014, 10:35 PM
This

:lol SPur fan whining about the refs

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Exactly, all these apologist dipshits completely ignoring this, which no team in history could overcome.

They dont want to admit that they watched a rigged product, I can acknowledge that, I know the NBA is rigged but i watch to see if we can overcome it. Its bad for business if Durant goes down 3-0 and kills their ratings. Sure we didnt play great but the refs were the main contributor to our offensive inefficiency.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 10:38 PM
I agree.

Incidentally I thought the refs greatly favored the Spurs in game 2 which I hate because it takes away from the fact that we were outplaying OKC anyways and would've won by 25 instead of 30 or 35 with fair reffing.

Actually with fair reffing tonight I don't know how things would've gone, because if you want fair reffing you have to take into account the fact that the refs were clearly favoring the Spurs in the first half (for whatever reason). Mills 3 makes the differential 6, but if the game was called fairly in the first half then OKC probably should get a net +5 which makes the differential +11.

However, then the question is did OKC get a net +11 bullshit free throw advantage in the third and fourth? I'm not sure.

Oh, and the last 8 free throws taken by our scrubs were almost entirely bullshit. The refs were just trying to make the final disparity look respectable, IMO.

Anyways the point is there are a lot of variables and it's hard to say what would've happened but my eye test says OKC still would've won overall as they did outplay us. Parker played like shit.

Evens out the foul count and affects audience perception

4down
05-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Whistle Refbrook MVP. Also pops genius strategy of no Ginobili after that first half directly contradicting his snark "keep doing what works"comment FTL

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 10:48 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WjiTFmDGXFY/U4KodEeD6vI/AAAAAAAAG7Y/KVZnuhhiIUE/s1600/1.gif

poop
05-25-2014, 10:49 PM
This:lol SPur fan whining about the refsSpurs shot 0 freethrows in the second half until garbage time, 3 min left in the 4th. ZERO. Okc shot some 26 during this time. Yea, that had nothing to do with it :rolleyes

spurs10
05-25-2014, 10:52 PM
I love the ref's calling 6 fouls on OKC with 4 min left in the game to pad the foul total so it wont
look as bad......... No kidding! Is anyone going to say anything?

DMC
05-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Peter Holt and former Spurs employee Sam Presti making sure they get maximum profits from the series. No one profits from a sweep over stretching out to 6 or 7 games. The Portland thing was a good example... Portland won a game when they were getting ass raped the entire series. How does that happen? Easy... someone got to Parker and said "here's a million, miss a few and walk away from a Ginobili pass a couple of times".

CitizenDwayne
05-25-2014, 10:56 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WjiTFmDGXFY/U4KodEeD6vI/AAAAAAAAG7Y/KVZnuhhiIUE/s1600/1.gif

Love that the ref waited until just after the shot went in to call the foul :lol

testies
05-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Love that the ref waited until just after the shot went in to call the foul :lol

why didn't he call the foul immediately? wtf?

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 10:58 PM

LMFAO, this is such a sham, that ref waits to see if it goes in then decides to make up some bullshit, FUCK THAT, I HATE THE THUNDER, their fans suck, their players suck, their city sucks, and they are so dependent on the refs its nauseating

Harry Callahan
05-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Durant really can play like a pussy at times. That knuckle dragger gets way more help than he needs/deserves. That call on mills was an F'in joke. Durant was late getting there and still gets bailed out. Durant put in a half hearted block attempt and still got the bogus call.

That is a no call or at worst the basket counts with an offensive foul. The ball was released and should have counted. Why was that not reviewed for a proper ruling.

We need Baynes out there next game to compromise one of their players ability to compete. Go Laimbeer on them and get a big boy foul on em.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Notice how the shot was released before the so called "foul" by Mills. If you can even call that a foul, the shot still should've counted.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Peter Holt and former Spurs employee Sam Presti making sure they get maximum profits from the series. No one profits from a sweep over stretching out to 6 or 7 games. The Portland thing was a good example... Portland won a game when they were getting ass raped the entire series. How does that happen? Easy... someone got to Parker and said "here's a million, miss a few and walk away from a Ginobili pass a couple of times".

Yeah give a million dollars to make a million, makes a lot of sense, you are an idiot

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah give a million dollars to make a million, makes a lot of sense, you are an idiot

He's just a really bad shitposter now, tbh...

exstatic
05-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Notice how the shot was released before the so called "foul" by Mills. If you can even call that a foul, the shot still should've counted.

That's the rule, which the well paid refs apparently DON'T KNOW. How awful is that?

DMC
05-25-2014, 11:06 PM

Both teams make a million. That's 2 million. I guess math wasn't your strong suit.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Both teams make a million. That's 2 million. I guess math wasn't your strong suit.

Lmao, so cut your margins by 50%... okay, or or or, the NBA takes it upon themselves to give the refs a 10k bonus if the Thunder win the game, and then they make tons of money with huge margins... Oh and good luck trying to get Presti to pay Parker 500k to throw a game. I know you are trolling but if your not, I want to expose the level of your stupidity

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:13 PM
That's the rule, which the well paid refs apparently DON'T KNOW. How awful is that?

Well paid indeed, especially after coming through tonight

4down
05-25-2014, 11:15 PM

Haha the goods.

back to the lecture at hand: how the hell do they justify calling g the leg sway when. They have made like 86 potential 4 point calls this playoffs? That was a big momentum play.

poop
05-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Anyone watching OKC games in this years playoffs can tell you the amount of bullshit calls to help OKC win has been STAGGERING. Did you guys see game 7 vs memphis? Or game 5 vs clippers, where the refs literally stole the game for okc?? Or tonights game, where OKC gets 26 second half free throws to the spurs ZERO??? The spurs shot ZERO FREETHROWS IN THE SECOND HALF until 3 min left in the 4th/garbage time. This year is up there with 2002 and 2006 with the level of game fixing going on. It cannot be denied

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:19 PM
refs shouldn't matter when you play well and make shots... we didn't do neither this game... onto the next

BC3
05-25-2014, 11:21 PM
refs shouldn't matter when you play well and make shots... we didn't do neither this game... onto the next

true "make shots" as pop says. but unfortunately refs do matter.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:21 PM

lol, another person who ignores the reality in front of them, refs were a big reason for our bad offensive play and Tony being on the rag didnt help, but that doesnt excuse the refs to take a game away from us

NRHector
05-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Pop needs to work the refs for game 4 just like brooks did after game 2

poop
05-25-2014, 11:24 PM
How can people honestly see the 26-0 second half free throw discrepancy, and say 'refs dont matter'?? It blows the mind...

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:24 PM
Pop needs to work the refs for game 4 just like brooks did after game 2

Pop isnt a bitch like Brooks or Rivers he never complains about officiating, maybe he should, but he will never do that

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:25 PM
How can people honestly see the 26-0 second half free throw discrepancy, and say 'refs dont matter'?? It blows the mind...

They either havent played basketball or dont watch it enough to know how refs affect games. Or they are naive as fuck.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:30 PM
:lol the Spurs had a great whistle in the 1st half... refs didn't make them shoot 38% (some wide-open looks), and didn't make them turn the ball over...

Bitching about the refs is a non-starter too, since there's nothing the Spurs can do about it. What they can do is rebound the ball, make the open shots and take care of the ball... that wins games, no matter what the whistle looks like.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 11:30 PM
They either havent played basketball or dont watch it enough to know how refs affect games. Or they are naive as fuck.

Probably all three. I prefer to call ref bullshit as I see it regardless of who's playing. But you'll always get retards like rascal coming in and shitting up the place with brain dead, uncle tom takes for fear of how others will perceive us for "whining about the refs."

jARS mEsH sEt
05-25-2014, 11:32 PM
I mean in the first half I think the Spurs had a 6 FTA to 2 FTA advantage and I was still posting about how I was shocked that the Spurs were blatantly getting the OKC treatment from the refs. I don't wait for free throw disparities to be large in favor of the other team before complaining about the refs.

poop
05-25-2014, 11:32 PM
:lol the Spurs had a great whistle in the 1st half... refs didn't make them shoot 38% (some wide-open looks), and didn't make them turn the ball over...Bitching about the refs is a non-starter too, since there's nothing the Spurs can do about it. What they can do is rebound the ball, make the open shots and take care of the ball... that wins games, no matter what the whistle looks like.Complete bullshit. Complete denial. None of os want to admit the nba can resemble the WWF at times...but it does. Just admit it. Sometimes a certain team gets favored

poop
05-25-2014, 11:35 PM
And LMAO at these guys saying our 6-2 freethrow advantage in the first half somehow 'justifies' okc's 19-0 ft advantage in the 3rd quarter, or their 26-0 second half ft advantage...lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
:lol the Spurs had a great whistle in the 1st half... refs didn't make them shoot 38% (some wide-open looks), and didn't make them turn the ball over...

Bitching about the refs is a non-starter too, since there's nothing the Spurs can do about it. What they can do is rebound the ball, make the open shots and take care of the ball... that wins games, no matter what the whistle looks like.

That is by design my friend, and you just fell hook line and sinker for one of the most classic rigging tactics in the book, you are smarter than that

ElNono
There are specific bad calls that I would agree with... like the Mills call... but there's going to be botched calls all the time. Tony Brothers regularly drives me up a wall, but simply because he's a horrible ref, even when I'm watching games that don't involve the Spurs.

In this particular game, the Spurs just didn't play well. Hopefully they can turn it around in the next game, like they did between Game 4 and 5 in the Portland series. When the Spurs are knocking down looks, bad whistle isn't enough, IMO.

HI-FI
05-25-2014, 11:37 PM
weird to see El Nono defending the corrupt officiating. I guess like people in the media, nobody wants to upset the gravy train imo.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:38 PM
That is by design my friend, and you just fell hook line and sinker for one of the most classic rigging tactics in the book, you are smarter than that

:lol I actually called that in the game thread. The thing is, if we shoot 42% we win this game, and this thread likely is already in the 2nd page lost in obscurity...

Blaming the refs does nothing for the Spurs...

Spurs 4 The Win
There are specific bad calls that I would agree with... like the Mills call... but there's going to be botched calls all the time. Tony Brothers regularly drives me up a wall, but simply because he's a horrible ref, even when I'm watching games that don't involve the Spurs.

In this particular game, the Spurs just didn't play well. Hopefully they can turn it around in the next game, like they did between Game 4 and 5 in the Portland series. When the Spurs are knocking down looks, bad whistle isn't enough, IMO.

Im not disagreeing that we need to play better, we are saying it is irresponsible and ignorant to think the refs werent a major reason for both our offensive inefficiency due to the rhythm killing free throw parade and our inability to ever get closer than 4

NRHector
Pop isnt a bitch like Brooks or Rivers he never complains about officiating, maybe he should, but he will never do that

He needs to be once in a while, a lot of good coaches do it, Jackson, Rivers, Karl,

therealtruth
05-25-2014, 11:39 PM
I think Ibaka's shot blocking was in their heads and they didn't attack the rim.

The team is too weak mentally. Going for the jumpers plays in to OKC's hands. They need to continue to attack the paint and attack Ibaka's body.

ElNono
weird to see El Nono defending the corrupt officiating. I guess like people in the media, nobody wants to upset the gravy train imo.

I'm not a fan of missed called, but you can't rig making shots... when Danny made that 3 while getting fouled in Game 2, the refs were an afterthought...

Spurs 4 The Win
:lol I actually called that in the game thread. The thing is, if we shoot 42% we win this game, and this thread likely is already in the 2nd page lost in obscurity...

If we shoot 42% the refs call more fouls and the Thunder still win, and if we shoot 50%, the refs call more fouls and the Thunder still win, fact is, they made it clear we werent winning that game

poop
05-25-2014, 11:41 PM
There are specific bad calls that I would agree with... like the Mills call... but there's going to be botched calls all the time. Tony Brothers regularly drives me up a wall, but simply because he's a horrible ref, even when I'm watching games that don't involve the Spurs.In this particular game, the Spurs just didn't play well. Hopefully they can turn it around in the next game, like they did between Game 4 and 5 in the Portland series. When the Spurs are knocking down looks, bad whistle isn't enough, IMO.Right. Like game 3 of the 2006 WCSF where dirk nowitzki, a 7ft jump shooter, goes 3-9 from the field but shoots 24 freethrows, duncan fouls out of the game when someone steps on his foot, and dallas wins by ONE POINT. yea, refs dont matter :rolleyes

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Im not disagreeing that we need to play better, we are saying it is irresponsible and ignorant to think the refs werent a major reason for both our offensive inefficiency due to the rhythm killing free throw parade and our inability to ever get closer than 4

Well, I thought some of those fouls were actually good calls and fouls the Spurs wanted to give, like the ones on Adams. I don't know how much of those were "rhythm killers"... I actually think Pop wanted those to kill OKC's rhythm...

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm not a fan of missed called, but you can't rig making shots... when Danny made that 3 while getting fouled in Game 2, the refs were an afterthought...

Yeah but the refs can manipulate it so that you have to shoot an unrealistic percentage from the field to win the game, we needed to shoot 55%+ to win that game, that was never gonna happen on the road against a desperate team, and the refs knew it

HI-FI
True. Spurs were missing some shots. Parker was a pussy again. But if you allow one team to play very physical and the other gets called for ticky tacky shit, it affects rhythm and spacing, which are important imo. Tonight's disparity is disgusting, no matter how you cut it.

ElNono
If we shoot 42% the refs call more fouls and the Thunder still win, and if we shoot 50%, the refs call more fouls and the Thunder still win, fact is, they made it clear we werent winning that game

I don't buy that, and I don't think the Spurs do either. And they shouldn't.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Yeah but the refs can manipulate it so that you have to shoot an unrealistic percentage from the field to win the game, we needed to shoot 55%+ to win that game, that was never gonna happen on the road against a desperate team, and the refs knew it

We had the looks. We've been shooting over 50% in 8+ games these playoffs... so we can definitely do it.

DMC
05-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Lmao, so cut your margins by 50%... okay, or or or, the NBA takes it upon themselves to give the refs a 10k bonus if the Thunder win the game, and then they make tons of money with huge margins... Oh and good luck trying to get Presti to pay Parker 500k to throw a game. I know you are trolling but if your not, I want to expose the level of your stupidity

The refs don't force players to do things that are against their normal behaviors, and certainly not the entire team. You don't beat a team by 35 then the next game be down 20. That's a 55 point swing, and look at the box score for the starters. Tony didn't attack, neither did just about anyone else, and they didn't seem interested in taking advantage of all the early mistakes and turnovers by OKC.

Keep believing it's all about competition, in reality it's all about the money. It's always been about the money.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Well, I thought some of those fouls were actually good calls and fouls the Spurs wanted to give, like the ones on Adams. I don't know how much of those were "rhythm killers"... I actually think Pop wanted those to kill OKC's rhythm...

So we do 1 hack on Adams and all of the sudden its by design that we sent them to the line... Okay, that was with 12 seconds left in the third. The Thunder never had rhythm either but why do you need rhythm when you have free throws all quarter...

DMC
05-25-2014, 11:45 PM

Wait, so you believe the refs forced the Spurs into giving up that rebound differential and playing poorly, but you don't believe that teams collude to maximize profits.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:45 PM
True. Spurs were missing some shots. Parker was a pussy again. But if you allow one team to play very physical and the other gets called for ticky tacky shit, it affects rhythm and spacing, which are important imo. Tonight's disparity is disgusting, no matter how you cut it.

I didn't like that the Spurs put the Thunder in the bonus early. But if it happens, I though they did the right thing in fouling Adams. At the end we couldn't get a shot to fall down. Same thing happened in Game 4 against Portland... it will happen sometimes.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:46 PM
So we do 1 hack on Adams and all of the sudden its by design that we sent them to the line... Okay, that was with 12 seconds left in the third. The Thunder never had rhythm either but why do you need rhythm when you have free throws all quarter...

We hacked him once, but we actually fouled him 2 or 3 times under the rim after he grabbed an offensive board. Unless you're arguing it's the refs fault we didn't rebound...

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:46 PM
We had the looks. We've been shooting over 50% in 8+ games these playoffs... so we can definitely do it.

So we have to shoot a historic percentage regularly to win games... got it, no margin for error then, i guess your cool with the rigging and if we cant stay hot as the sun we deserve to lose

HI-FI
05-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Wait, so you believe the refs forced the Spurs into giving up that rebound differential and playing poorly, but you don't believe that teams collude to maximize profits.
I'm not against that theory either, it just seems if lots of players were colluding, someone would have mentioned that by now. Least Donaghy spilled the beans, which Stern tried to shekelstein. But I agree that maximizing profits is obviously the goal. They're all business partners, the media included. I just think if all the players were colluding to lose, someone would have spilled the beans on that. I'm hoping what you say is right and not that Parker's pussy was inflamed again.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:48 PM
We hacked him once, but we actually fouled him 2 or 3 times under the rim after he grabbed an offensive board. Unless you're arguing it's the refs fault we didn't rebound...

We didnt get boards and we didnt play well but that doesnt change the fact that we were still in the game despite the free throw parade and we were squarely in contention till the 8 point swing call on Mills. Never seen anything like it, blatant rigging, ref waited to see if the ball went in and wasnt even looking at his feet. Fuckin garbage, killed the game.

poop
05-25-2014, 11:49 PM
These dudes will remain in denial. Okc could shoot 87 freethrows and win by one point and they would be on here like it was nothing.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:49 PM
So we have to shoot a historic percentage regularly to win games... got it, no margin for error then, i guess your cool with the rigging and if we cant stay hot as the sun we deserve to lose

:lol ofcourse we don't have a lot of margin for error... we're a team without superstars in their prime anymore. We've gotten this far 3 years in a row more or less having a 10-deep player rotation and a great system. What the Spurs are trying to do is amazing, considering all that.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:51 PM
The refs don't force players to do things that are against their normal behaviors, and certainly not the entire team. You don't beat a team by 35 then the next game be down 20. That's a 55 point swing, and look at the box score for the starters. Tony didn't attack, neither did just about anyone else, and they didn't seem interested in taking advantage of all the early mistakes and turnovers by OKC.

Keep believing it's all about competition, in reality it's all about the money. It's always been about the money.

Please god man, the players arent colluding, jesus, its like you have never played a sport and you dont understand competition, these players have pride and they arent gonna give up a shot at a title, period

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:51 PM
We didnt get boards and we didnt play well but that doesnt change the fact that we were still in the game despite the free throw parade and we were squarely in contention till the 8 point swing call on Mills. Never seen anything like it, blatant rigging, ref waited to see if the ball went in and wasnt even looking at his feet. Fuckin garbage, killed the game.

that was a bad call... but we lost the game before that.

DMC
05-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Please god man, the players arent colluding, jesus, its like you have never played a sport and you dont understand competition, these players have pride and they arent gonna give up a shot at a title, period

The guys making millions aren't colluding, but the middle class refs are colluding with the entire organization of the NBA. Got it.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:53 PM
:lol ofcourse we don't have a lot of margin for error... we're a team without superstars in their prime anymore. We've gotten this far 3 years in a row more or less having a 10-deep player rotation and a great system. What the Spurs are trying to do is amazing, considering all that.

It doesnt matter that we dont have superstars, notice how every series has been fair EXCEPT this one, its this team, they are ref dependent, they are not like the Mavs, the Heat, the Blazers, the Grizzlies, its just the Thunder that get these kinds of calls. And you are choosing to ignore it, pathetic.

Splits
05-25-2014, 11:54 PM

Spurs 4 The Win
that was a bad call... but we lost the game before that.

We lost the game on that play, it ended the game. And the 22 free throws to our 0 before that play helped put us in that position

ElNono
I don't have a problem with saying OKC were coddled in previous series either, tbh... I think in this series it hasn't really happened much, and even if you want to argue that today's game was like that, I think the bigger story is the Spurs laying an egg.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 11:56 PM
It doesnt matter that we dont have superstars, notice how every series has been fair EXCEPT this one, its this team, they are ref dependent, they are not like the Mavs, the Heat, the Blazers, the Grizzlies, its just the Thunder that get these kinds of calls. And you are choosing to ignore it, pathetic.

I didn't say they're not coddled... I said if the Spurs play better, the refs don't matter... at least not in this game.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2014, 11:56 PM
The guys making millions aren't colluding, but the middle class refs are colluding with the entire organization of the NBA. Got it.

Yeah that should be obvious, the refs who are less well off are going to try and make a little side money.... You are a moron dude, but at this point you must be a troll

You obviously havent played sports, these guys are competitors and I know they wouldnt bitch out for money, and if you believe they would then dont watch, cuz the integrity of the game is fucked

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:00 AM
I didn't say they're not coddled... I said if the Spurs play better, the refs don't matter... at least not in this game.

And I am simply contending that the refs affected our offense with the parade of free throws... putting more pressure on our players, shaking their confidence, and stagnating their offensive rhythm, we need to play better but the refs killed any chance for a win

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:03 AM
These dudes will remain in denial. Okc could shoot 87 freethrows and win by one point and they would be on here like it was nothing.
lol its true, "im not saying the refs are at fault here, almost half of those 87 free throws were legit and we only shot 62%, if we make more open looks we win that game, 65% shooting wouldve done it for sure" :downspin:

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:05 AM
lol its true, "im not saying the refs are at fault here, a lot of those free throws were legit and we only shot 62%, if we make more open looks we win that game, 65% shooting wouldve done it for sure" :downspin:

:lol we shot 39%... IIRC, that's actually one of the lowest % for the Spurs these playoffs... I get you want to make a point, but you shouldn't need to make stuff up...

Agloco
05-26-2014, 12:06 AM

More like 45%.....but still. Truth is, the refs sometimes can be blamed for losses. I think that the Spurs played crappy enough to make the picture cloudy at best though.

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:07 AM
More like 45%.....but still. Truth is, the refs sometimes can be blamed for losses. I think that the Spurs played crappy enough to make the picture cloudy at best though.

Yeah, I mean, if we shot well, rebound and lost by 3 after that Mills call, I can see that...

poop
05-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Lmao just look at that replay of the Mills 3. 'Nothing to see here ' :rolleyesokc has been ref-coddled at a historic level these playoffs, i dont understand it.

Agloco
05-26-2014, 12:09 AM
:lol we shot 38%... IIRC, that's actually one of the lowest % for the Spurs these playoffs... I get you want to make a point, but you shouldn't need to make stuff up...

39.7% And yeah...its amongest the lowest. Green and LEonard were particularly horrible going 7 for 24 combined. That to me is more troubling than Tonys performance tbh.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:10 AM
:lol we shot 39%... IIRC, that's actually one of the lowest % for the Spurs these playoffs... I get you want to make a point, but you shouldn't need to make stuff up...

we were talking about a hypothetical scenario lol. Its parallelism, if you dont see an issue with reffing that led to the LARGEST FREE THROW DISPARITY IN NBA HISTORY IN THE THIRD QUARTER, then you would probably make an excuse for the hypothetical scenario.

poop
Yeah, I mean, if we shot well, rebound and lost by 3 after that Mills call, I can see that...19-0 3rd quarter freethrows.'Nothing to see here' :rolleyes

ElNono
39.7% And yeah...its amongest the lowest. Green and LEonard were particularly horrible going 7 for 24 combined. That to me is more troubling than Tonys performance tbh.

yeah, just fixed my post. Boris took some shots he normally makes, but missed. Tony was bad... I actually though the poor rebounding was more of a factor. Tiago was really invisible today...

poop
05-26-2014, 12:11 AM
we were talking about a hypothetical scenario lol. Its parallelism, if you dont see an issue with reffing that led to the LARGEST FREE THROW DISPARITY IN NBA HISTORY, then you would probably make an excuse for the hypothetical scenario.Owned.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I mean, if we shot well, rebound and lost by 3 after that Mills call, I can see that...

Or maybe the momentum of the game is affected by not getting those key calls, pressure shifts if we make that 3, but you can ignore it all you want, basketball is a game of momentum and that call ended the game, they hit a 3 right after and their methhead crowd ejaculated and the momentum killed us

hommeaetage
05-26-2014, 12:12 AM
The refs were pretty bad(as usual, but that should be expected against the coddled MVP at home). However with the amount of offensive rebounds and sloppy plays I saw today, I can't blame this on the refs. The Spurs were right in this game; and if someone other than Manu had shown up, the rest would be history

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:13 AM
we were talking about a hypothetical scenario lol. Its parallelism, if you dont see an issue with reffing that led to the LARGEST FREE THROW DISPARITY IN NBA HISTORY, then you would probably make an excuse for the hypothetical scenario.

It was also historical for WB and KD when they only had very few freebies in the first 2 games. Should any OKC fan tell you those games were rigged? I mean, they've been getting to the line at X rate for the whole season. The bottom line is we can write 300 pages out of hypotheticals on freebies, when there's much more clear factors of why the Spurs lost this particular game.

Agloco
05-26-2014, 12:13 AM

It's really the other side of the equation where the difference with the refs comes through though. If you look at OKCs FG%, it's not all that stellar either (45%) and it's even worse if you consider the 3 and 4th quarters alone. Now instead of continuing to chuck at a low rate, they're getting to the line where they're shooting in the high 80s at worst. That averages out to a better outcome given their poor shooting......especially in the second half when the FT disparity was largely in OKCs favor.

Just saying.

Agloco
05-26-2014, 12:15 AM
The refs were pretty bad(as usual, but that should be expected against the coddled MVP at home). However with the amount of offensive rebounds and sloppy plays I saw today, I can't blame this on the refs. The Spurs were right in this game; and if someone other than Manu had shown up, the rest would be history

This pretty much. Manu disappeared in the second half and no one stepped up. And I mean no one.

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Or maybe the momentum of the game is affected by not getting those key calls, pressure shifts if we make that 3, but you can ignore it all you want, basketball is a game of momentum and that call ended the game, they hit a 3 right after and their methhead crowd ejaculated and the momentum killed us

Maybe the universe shifted because of Scott Foster blowing his whistle... and that caused Tony to slip or Tiago not be able to box out. Hypoteticals are like that, I guess.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:16 AM
It's really the other side of the equation where the difference with the refs comes through though. If you look at OKCs FG%, it's not all that stellar either (45%) and it's even worse if you consider the 3 and 4th quarters alone. Now instead of continuing to chuck at a low rate, they're getting to the line where they're shooting in the high 80s at worst. That averages out to a better outcome given their poor shooting......especially in the second half when the FT disparity was largely in OKCs favor.

Just saying.

Elnono doesnt understand basketball, you are wasting your breath

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:17 AM
It was also historical for WB and KD when they only had very few freebies in the first 2 games. Should any OKC fan tell you those games were rigged? I mean, they've been getting to the line at X rate for the whole season. The bottom line is we can write 300 pages out of hypotheticals on freebies, when there's much more clear factors of why the Spurs lost this particular game.

Absolutely. Game 2 was absolutely reffed in favor of the Spurs. However, it's unclear whether or not fair reffing would have overcome a 30 point deficit (or whatever we won by).

Tonight, OKC won by 9. The probability of a game with biased reffing in favor of the winning team being rigged is inversely proportional to the final margin.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:17 AM

Are you an OKC fan, you are defending this shit show from the refs to the death :downspin:

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:18 AM

Just saying.

That's part of the game though. They got into the bonus early, and they went to get calls. I can see one or two calls that were on the perimeter, but that's a 4 point swing at most. The Spurs went into the bonus early in the 1st half and we were jacking up jumpers. That's stuff the Spurs can control. That's on us. We did a poor job at it.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:18 AM
A game is "rigged" when biased reffing alters the outcome of a hypothetical, perfectly reffed game.

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Are you an OKC fan, you are defending this shit show from the refs to the death :downspin:

:lol I bitched about refs all the time when it comes to RefKC... I thought Game 6 in 2012 was a screwjob. But I would hate the discussion about this particular game being centered on this when we helped a lot to lose this game.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:21 AM
:lol I bitched about refs all the time when it comes to RefKC... I thought Game 6 in 2012 was a screwjob. But I would hate the discussion about this particular game being centered on this when we helped a lot to lose this game.

To be fair, "we" don't do anything. Players play the game. Whether or not fans bitch about the refs is immaterial.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:21 AM
I'd agree with your take if we were talking about the players The players cannot get too fixated on biased reffing. They need to focus on things that they can control.

We're not the players, though.

Agloco
05-26-2014, 12:22 AM
That's part of the game though. They got into the bonus early, and they went to get calls. I can see one or two calls that were on the perimeter, but that's a 4 point swing at most. The Spurs went into the bonus early in the 1st half and we were jacking up jumpers. That's stuff the Spurs can control. That's on us. We did a poor job at it.

I was just playing devils advocate tbh. I'm not getting into the validity of the calls at all, just the number. I do believe that the Spurs played crappy and that you can't pin this on the refs......this time around.

Spurs 4 The Win

This was as bad as 2012 game 6 lol
LARGEST FREE THROW DISPARITY IN NBA HISTORY IN THE THIRD QUARTER "No big deal, gotta play better" El Nono, stfu

ElNono
Absolutely. Game 2 was absolutely reffed in favor of the Spurs. However, it's unclear whether or not fair reffing would have overcome a 30 point deficit (or whatever we won by).

Tonight, OKC won by 9. The probability of a game with biased reffing in favor of the winning team being rigged is inversely proportional to the final margin.

Pop pulled the plug when we were down 14... which is another topic altogether... before he did that, Boris threw a couple of bricks from downtown, then Kawhi did the same... we didn't have it tonight. We were due for a poor shooting night, and we compounded it with poor rebounding and shitty play from our PG... if you're looking why we lost this game, you don't need to look further than there.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Overall I don't mind because the Spurs received the OKC treatment in game 2 (and probably game 1), so it's only fair OKC gets the OKC treatment (...:lmao) for a home game.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Overall I don't mind because the Spurs received the OKC treatment in game 2 (and probably game 1), so it's only fair OKC gets the OKC treatment (...:lmao) for a home game.

Tell me you are joking, Game 1 was definitely in their favor, Game 2 we got the calls in the second half and it was NOTHING LIKE TONIGHT

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:26 AM
Pop pulled the plug when we were down 14... which is another topic altogether... before he did that, Boris threw a couple of bricks from downtown, then Kawhi did the same... we didn't have it tonight. We were due for a poor shooting night, and we compounded it with poor rebounding and shitty play from our PG... if you're looking why we lost this game, you don't need to look further than there.

I already posted in another topic that OKC outplayed us. That doesn't change the fact that:

1) The first half was reffed in the Spurs' favor even though our free throw advantage was minimal
2) The second half was reffed in OKC's favor (and the final free throw disparity is somewhat deceiving due to legitimate fouls)

There's nothing wrong with calling things out as they are.

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:26 AM
To be fair, "we" don't do anything. Players play the game. Whether or not fans bitch about the refs is immaterial.

I know, I'm talking as a fan. Like I said, there's no point in fixating on this, because "us" as fans can't do shit either. The whistles are going to be there. I thought we did a poor job defensively too, and I think that's worthy of discussion going into Game 4.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Tell me you are joking, Game 1 was definitely in their favor, Game 2 we got the calls in the second half and it was NOTHING LIKE TONIGHT

I don't remember game 1. Game 2 was definitely in our favor. Remember, refs control games by calling touch fouls in favor of one team and failing to call those same touch fouls for the other team.

There were like 5 or 6 plays in game 2 where Kevin Durant or Westbrook would get "touch fouled" and nothing was called, when they were called in our favor.

dg7md
05-26-2014, 12:28 AM

This is the best take on the game that I've read. It's true that we self-imploded on ourselves when we missed our usual open shots. OKC did play a lot better and that did explain why they ran up the score and dominated when we waved the flag.

However, we could have stolen this game if the refs did call fouls more favorably, we were closing in on them when Patty hit the 3 that got revoked. 19-0 free throws is completely asinine and I've never seen such a disparity.

It's a shame too, because despite how terrible we played, we were actually in a position to take the lead many times throughout the game. That would have been completely demoralizing for OKC... giving them another chance is not good, but I can't imagine we'd play that bad again.

ElNono
This was as bad as 2012 game 6 lol
LARGEST FREE THROW DISPARITY IN NBA HISTORY IN THE THIRD QUARTER "No big deal, gotta play better" El Nono, stfu

:lol ofcourse the Spurs gotta play better. That, they can control.

You'll need to do a lot better than tell me to shut up. That's not happening :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
And by the way I have absolutely no respect for OKC as a whole. I've said many times that I think they're propped up by the refs far too often and I consider them to be a fraud of a team for that reason. I'm just playing the devil's advocate here and calling things like I see it.

Nothing we've seen so far has been as bad as the travesty that was game 6 of the 2012 WCF, though.

RD2191
05-26-2014, 12:29 AM
The refs were the least of my worries tonight but it amazes me how the team with the least amount of fouls commited per game all of a sudden forgets how to defend without fouling against OKC.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:30 AM
I don't remember game 1. Game 2 was definitely in our favor. Remember, refs control games by calling touch fouls in favor of one team and failing to call those same touch fouls for the other team.

There were like 5 or 6 plays in game 2 where Kevin Durant or Westbrook would get "touch fouled" and nothing was called, when they were called in our favor.

How do you not remember game 1, it was less than a week ago lol

ElNono
I already posted in another topic that OKC outplayed us. That doesn't change the fact that:

1) The first half was reffed in the Spurs' favor even though our free throw advantage was minimal
2) The second half was reffed in OKC's favor (and the final free throw disparity is somewhat deceiving due to legitimate fouls)

There's nothing wrong with calling things out as they are.

I don't have a problem with this take, except to point out that the free throw advantage in the first half was minimal because we didn't attack the basket. We settled for long jumpers, and we didn't go to the paint to get the calls. That was on the Spurs. Obviously, the fact that Gino was hitting from outside helped, but IIRC, we were in the bonus early and didn't make them pay.

jARS mEsH sEt
By the way, I saw Kleese peeping his head into this thread, tbh :lmao

Hi Ed.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 12:31 AM
How do you not remember game 1, it was less than a week ago lol

It was a blowout. I don't remember how I felt about the refs after that game.

ElNono
05-26-2014, 12:32 AM
And by the way I have absolutely no respect for OKC as a whole. I've said many times that I think they're propped up by the refs far too often and I consider them to be a fraud of a team for that reason. I'm just playing the devil's advocate here and calling things like I see it.

Nothing we've seen so far has been as bad as the travesty that was game 6 of the 2012 WCF, though.

Yup, that game we didn't even get the benefit of the doubt in the 1st half... might not have been "record setting", but it certainly was consistently bullshit throughout...

ElNono
It was a blowout. I don't remember how I felt about the refs after that game.

:lol exactly the point I was illustrating earlier...

poop
The refs were the least of my worries tonight but it amazes me how the team with the least amount of fouls commited per game all of a sudden forgets how to defend without fouling against OKC.Amazing isnt it...almost makes you wonder...

Spurs 4 The Win
05-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Amazing isnt it...almost makes you wonder...

lol they dont get it

Skull-1
05-26-2014, 01:03 AM
This team acts like it has never seen a rim protecting big man before. Pathetic.

xtremesteven33
05-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Spurs just couldnt match their energy tonight. Hard to explain but it happens alot in the playoffs. The best team always wins in a 7 game series though. Not worried yet. I wanna see how we look in game 4.

spurs10
05-26-2014, 01:34 AM
The Spurs rebounded poorly to be sure. The Mills cheat was a big swing. OKC made history. The largest discrepancy in free throws in a quarter in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE NBA!!

BlackSwordsMan
05-26-2014, 07:09 AM
spurs should stop fouling then

BillMc
05-26-2014, 07:21 AM
LMFAO, this is such a sham, that ref waits to see if it goes in then decides to make up some bullshit, FUCK THAT, I HATE THE THUNDER, their fans suck, their players suck, their city sucks, and they are so dependent on the refs its nauseating

+10000000000000000

There is no team I hate more than them. Durant, actually, is the only one of their players that's not too bad. Fisher, Adams, Ibaka, Butler (with his stupid call in thing), and most of all Westbrook - can't stand them. Throw in their coach who openly admits that getting calls from the refs is part of his team strategy, and you just can't help but hate them. If somehow they were to come back in this series, I'd easily root for the Heat or Pacers over them. In a heartbeat.

BillMc
05-26-2014, 07:24 AM
The Spurs rebounded poorly to be sure. The Mills cheat was a big swing. OKC made history. The largest discrepancy in free throws in a quarter in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE NBA!!

True. In all the thousands upon thousands of game quarters that have been played, there's never been a disparity like that 3rd quarter. And yet nobody mentions this in the media.

spurspokesman
05-26-2014, 07:39 AM

spurspokesman
05-26-2014, 07:40 AM
True. In all the thousands upon thousands of game quarters that have been played, there's never been a disparity like that 3rd quarter. And yet nobody mentions this in the media.

cd021
05-26-2014, 07:45 AM

OKC +11 FTA on the road in game 1. Thats pretty shocking Game 2 and the 1st half of Game 3 were in our favor.

TampaDude
05-26-2014, 07:46 AM

That's the sinister beauty of what is known as "the big lie". You shove it right in peoples faces, and it's so obvious, but people can't bring themselves to believe the obvious. Folks think, erroneously, that if something shady was going on, certainly the perpetrators wouldn't make it so obvious, right? Therein lies the genius of it all. The perpetrators can act with impunity, because they have the imprimatur of innocence bestowed upon them whilst doing the dirty deed right out in the open. Genius! Kafka would be proud.

Old School 44
05-26-2014, 07:52 AM
It drives me crazy when Pop pulls the plug early. Not saying we would have won, but make them keep their key players in longer if you can. I'm not saying keep the Spurs key guys in the game, but don't have Cory dribble out the shot clock and stat pad. Don't have Baynes and Ayres shoot 15-18 footers. Let Belinelli, Mills, Green and even Bonner rain threes. I'd even have Daye dressed instead of Ayres. If they miss, and we lose by 20 so what....but if they hit a few and it keeps Ibaka, Westbrook and Durant out on the floor a little longer there's a potential benefit for the next game.

Jimcs50
05-26-2014, 07:53 AM

Fouls were even. Spurs lost because they allowed too many 2nd chance points and because our starting guards shot a horrendous percentage.

Jimcs50
05-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Spurs just couldnt match their energy tonight. Hard to explain but it happens alot in the playoffs. The best team always wins in a 7 game series though. Not worried yet. I wanna see how we look in game 4.

We knew the Thunder were going to come out and play with physicality and determination. They were embarrassed in SA, it would have taken the best game of Spurs recent history to win this game. I almost bet on Thunder but could not do it, but we all knew Spurs would lose yesterday.

Now tomorrow, if our Spurs are worthy of that 5th championship, they will play with the same resolve that OKC exhibited yesterday and either win or lose by a hair. Expect to see a great game, because I do.

mudyez
05-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Butler (with his stupid call in thing)

lol yeah, I'm pretty sure he is like "focus on the next play...1-2-3-team...we gotta play for each other" with this thing and "hey steven, if its getting close, just injure one of these french niggas...hey lady in the first row, wanna blow my dick after the game? som eof the guys want to spray on your face also....hey ref, spurs are still in the lead. what are we paying you for?" without it.

BermudaSooner
05-26-2014, 09:23 AM
And look at the first half, at one point there were 12 fouls on okc, and 2 on the spurs. Most of the first half was played with more fouls on Perkins than the entire Spurs team.

baseline bum
05-26-2014, 09:24 AM
And look at the first half, at one point there were 12 fouls on okc, and 2 on the spurs. Most of the first half was played with more fouls on Perkins than the entire Spurs team.

Congrats on your team's historical achievement son.

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2014, 09:34 AM

The only real makeup for that is 22 FTA to 0 and a hideously, laughably late and indefensible call on a made 3.

Spurs must play better to win, but given the way the second half of that game was called, it was remarkable that they ended the 3rd only down 7. That was a little too close for Tom Washington's comfort, obviously.

poop
05-26-2014, 09:38 AM

hyhy
05-26-2014, 09:51 AM

Splitter didnt fumble the ball.. Adams raised his leg to knee the ball away?

Barfunk
05-26-2014, 10:25 AM
This thread is full of win. Props to all of it's contributors. :toast

DMC
05-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Never complain about the FT disparity when your coach runs an intentional fouling scheme.

BermudaSooner
05-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Never complain about the FT disparity when your coach runs an intentional fouling scheme.

This

poeticism707
05-26-2014, 11:26 AM
look as bad.........

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Yep.

Stern and Silver are soooo "clever."

Man, these refs sure are in the Spur's pockets,

trying to help them make a comeback.

And yes, the casual fan sheep are

THAT brainwashed.

4down
05-26-2014, 12:49 PM
It drives me crazy when Pop pulls the plug early. Not saying we would have won, but make them keep their key players in longer if you can. I'm not saying keep the Spurs key guys in the game, but don't have Cory dribble out the shot clock and stat pad. Don't have Baynes and Ayres shoot 15-18 footers. Let Belinelli, Mills, Green and even Bonner rain threes. I'd even have Daye dressed instead of Ayres. If they miss, and we lose by 20 so what....but if they hit a few and it keeps Ibaka, Westbrook and Durant out on the floor a little longer there's a potential benefit for the next game.
This. Not even pretending to try to win it.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Refs are far from the reason the Spurs lost, btw, this isn't a ref complaint thread, just a funny fact:lol..

Spurs lost because they didn't match OKC's energy, were outrebounded badly and got absolutely nothing from Parker..

I saw Parker and Ginobili, et. al. head into the paint. They end up bodied and pushed to the floor, out of bounds, into a turnover, etc. On the other end, it is a foul though. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to keep being aggressive when you are only penalized for it, while the Thunder are rewarded for it. The Spurs didn't have a great game, but more than 50% percent of the reason they didn't have a great game is that they were not allowed to have a great game. They were hanging tough until that record-breaking free -throw quarter by OKC.

Skull-1
05-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Splitter didnt fumble the ball.. Adams raised his leg to knee the ball away?

Correct.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 01:14 PM

Yep.

THAT brainwashed.

Yes. If it quacks like a duck it is a fucking duck. That third quarter was some crooked shit. Put us in the bonus early and then every trip down the court is two points from the charity stripe. Reminded me of a pinball machine, or something, construction work driving fines, OKC playing with a bonus quarter - everything times two! You can't win against that shit no matter how "aggressive" you are. Pop knows this, and the people that don't sit around second guessing him: "Why Pop no try win game? Pop no try hard! Spurs need more aggressive!"

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Whatever it takes. Just like Memphis and LA before us. They not even trying to hide it.

Why bother to hide it when even Spurs fans are conned into believing it didn't happen?

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 01:24 PM

No. You can't just explain it away like that. You can't have teams play by different rules, especially in the second half, and then say the one getting preferential treatment outperformed the other. In science, that conclusion from that experiment would get shit-canned IMMEDIATELY.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 01:32 PM
This

:lol SPur fan whining about the refs

It is being conditioned into not getting clobbered into a turnover and a no call. The wide open three is the only thing the officials have difficulty manipulating. But, we even see them do this...wait to see if it goes in...late whistle...off the ball foul call waive off basket...or what we get with Mills last night...that if Mills would have been a Thunder would have surely been a four-point play.

spurtech09
05-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Thunderrefs to the rescue as usual.you stole the words of my mouth......thunderefs to the rescue

spurtech09
05-26-2014, 01:36 PM
just plain and simple guys...OKC are not as good as people think.....OKC need the refs to help them win games

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 01:39 PM
No. You can't just explain it away like that. You can't have teams play by different rules, especially in the second half, and then say the one getting preferential treatment outperformed the other. In science, that conclusion from that experiment would get shit-canned IMMEDIATELY.

Actually in hindsight you're right, it absolutely does matter, at least for this game. I'm hoping it doesn't matter for the outcome of the series, though. We'll see where this takes us. Maybe a little adversity helps us be even sharper on offense.

Kidd K
05-26-2014, 02:39 PM
It's disgusting how badly the league tries to artificially prop up the Thunder with horrendously lopsided officiating. They did the exact same shit in 2012 too.

22-0 FTA disparity in a quarter is a fuckin joke. 31-7 for a game is pathetic, but not as pathetic as giving the Spurs 9 useless FTAs in the final minutes to pretend like the Thunder only got twice as many FTAs as the Spurs in the game as opposed to the reality which was 4 1/2 times as many FTAs before the game was clearly over.

Clearly nothing has changed with Stern retiring. Shame on me for thinking this bullshit wouldn't happen again.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 02:39 PM
They dont want to admit that they watched a rigged product, I can acknowledge that, I know the NBA is rigged but i watch to see if we can overcome it. Its bad for business if Durant goes down 3-0 and kills their ratings. Sure we didnt play great but the refs were the main contributor to our offensive inefficiency.

I don't KNOW it, but I strongly suspect it. And, the minute I am convinced, I will just stop watching. At this point, I am just closing out Tim's career and 40 years of habit and tradition. A WWE fan, I am not.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 02:47 PM

It does. And, even worse, this opinion comes from a seasoned fan. When the NBA can con even a seasoned fan as Nono, they've got a good thing going.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 02:50 PM
It does. And, even worse, this opinion comes from a seasoned fan. When the NBA can con even a seasoned fan as Nono, they've got a good thing going.

Nono hasn't been conned by anything. He'll fully admit that the reffing is biased in favor of OKC. He just thinks it's useless to complain about it because our complaining won't change the fact that OKC will continue to be propped up by the refs.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 02:54 PM

Yes. Someone asked me about the talking heads and I mentioned same...you don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs...

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:03 PM

A team could never play so good that a series of orchestrated "unfortunate" bad or missed calls could not undo their work.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:14 PM

Not just intangible momentum, but when a player is allowed to goal-tend you change your shot, when you know you are going to get fouled with no call, it can change your shot, when you are held on rebounds with no call but are not allowed to hold when rebounding without being called...all of these things can add up to rebounding differentials and lowered shooting percentages...and they are related to officiating...so to say: "If they just shoot better and rebound better the refs won't matter..."

The refs can influence shooting percentages and rebounding just like every other aspect of the game.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:18 PM

This might not be a hollow argument if The Spurs are notorious for being a low-fouling team. This is a known quantity. RW and KD wanting foul calls against us like we are the Washington Generals is a totally different animal.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:28 PM
That's the sinister beauty of what is known as "the big lie". You shove it right in peoples faces, and it's so obvious, but people can't bring themselves to believe the obvious. Folks think, erroneously, that if something shady was going on, certainly the perpetrators wouldn't make it so obvious, right? Therein lies the genius of it all. The perpetrators can act with impunity, because they have the imprimatur of innocence bestowed upon them whilst doing the dirty deed right out in the open. Genius! Kafka would be proud.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:34 PM

You might want to mention Perkins is OFTEN in foul trouble and that that small differential in the first half is a drop in the bucket compared to the second.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Nono hasn't been conned by anything. He'll fully admit that the reffing is biased in favor of OKC. He just thinks it's useless to complain about it because our complaining won't change the fact that OKC will continue to be propped up by the refs.

Well it might not change what happens to The Spurs, but it might change what I do with all of those hours of free time. I don't spend any time researching Greek shipping companies, either.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 03:45 PM

Lol. How many intentional fouls in in this game? 2?

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 03:52 PM

Yeah I checked the play-by-play. It was 2. Steven Adams shot 6 free throws in the 3rd quarter. 4 of them were the result of intentional fouling. Two of them were legitimate.

The thing about complaining about the refs is that when someone points out a record breaking 22 FTA to 0 FTA, they're not implying that all 22 of those FTA were "bull shit" or that the Spurs deserved 22 FTA to exactly even the free throws out. The free throw disparity is merely a red flag and nothing more. You (I'm talking about DMC here) actually have to watch the game to assess biased reffing. I think most people agree that OKC's overall net "bull shit" benefit was something like +8 or so FTA that quarter, a combination of unwarranted free throws shot by OKC and lack of calls on our side.

ElNono
05-26-2014, 04:32 PM

Pretty much, plus in this particular game, the Spurs had bigger fish to fry than refs. It's one of those situations that if you keep pounding it, you'll miss the forest from the tree.

Skull-1
05-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes. If it quacks like a duck it is a fucking duck. That third quarter was some crooked shit. Put us in the bonus early and then every trip down the court is two points from the charity stripe. Reminded me of a pinball machine, or something, construction work driving fines, OKC playing with a bonus quarter - everything times two! You can't win against that shit no matter how "aggressive" you are. Pop knows this, and the people that don't sit around second guessing him: "Why Pop no try win game? Pop no try hard! Spurs need more aggressive!"

LOL pinball machine! Hellz yes.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 05:55 PM

Yep.

THAT brainwashed.

The funny thing is when Marco went to the free throw line on one of these "make up" calls in the end, they panned over to the OKC bench and you could see Serge Ibaka and company scoffing at Marco getting that call. It was disgusting. They don't even know how good they have it.

BillMc
05-26-2014, 06:03 PM
All conspiracy theories aside, I wonder how they do draw so many fouls (in general, not necessarily last night)? I suspect it's because they have so many uber athletes (Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka are all among the most athletic for their positions in the league), and defenders who can't keep up physically are forced to grab and reach. It seems, also, that the refs are impressed with this athleticism, and therefore tend to grant a little more leeway to them on defense themselves. (Ibaka, for example, often fouls but because he's expected to make clean blocks, many of these fouls simply aren't called.)

Skull-1
05-26-2014, 06:19 PM
It's disgusting how badly the league tries to artificially prop up the Thunder with horrendously lopsided officiating. They did the exact same shit in 2012 too.

22-0 FTA disparity in a quarter is a fuckin joke. 31-7 for a game is pathetic, but not as pathetic as giving the Spurs 9 useless FTAs in the final minutes to pretend like the Thunder only got twice as many FTAs as the Spurs in the game as opposed to the reality which was 4 1/2 times as many FTAs before the game was clearly over.

Clearly nothing has changed with Stern retiring. Shame on me for thinking this bullshit wouldn't happen again.

Well said. It is a pathetic joke.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Pretty much, plus in this particular game, the Spurs had bigger fish to fry than refs. It's one of those situations that if you keep pounding it, you'll miss the forest from the tree.

And, I say you can't separate the forest from the trees. It's all related. If it's not a fair game that can affect every other aspect of it.

Skull-1
05-26-2014, 06:25 PM
All conspiracy theories aside, I wonder how they do draw so many fouls (in general, not necessarily last night)? I suspect it's because they have so many uber athletes (Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka are all among the most athletic for their positions in the league), and defenders who can't keep up physically are forced to grab and reach. It seems, also, that the refs are impressed with this athleticism, and therefore tend to grant a little more leeway to them on defense themselves. (Ibaka, for example, often fouls but because he's expected to make clean blocks, many of these fouls simply aren't called.)

Love the sunscreen gal but....

Parker is way more athletic and skilled than Westchimp. The announcers ejaculate each other over Chimpbrick and ignore TP....but Tony is not only a better player, he also has more class. And that pains me...to suggest Hollywood has class....

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 07:37 PM

The refs selectively choose to call ticky tack "touch fouls" in favor of one team and not another at arbitrary points in the game. That's literally all it is. This works because both teams commit about 50 ticky tack fouls on the other in any given game, but the refs will choose to call 7 of them in favor of one team and 4 of them in favor of another team. Consistent, unbiased reffing would involve calling 50 in favor of both teams or 0 in favor of both teams.

Look at the last 8 free throw attempts given to the Spurs scrubs during garbage time at the end of the game. You don't think our players received that level of contact in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters?

DarrinS
05-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Love the sunscreen gal but....

Parker is way more athletic and skilled than Westchimp. The announcers ejaculate each other over Chimpbrick and ignore TP....but Tony is not only a better player, he also has more class. And that pains me...to suggest Hollywood has class....

Parker is more athletic than Russ? :lmao

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 07:59 PM
And by the way, just to be crystal clear, I don't think the last 8 free throws taken by the Spurs' scrubs were deserved. Those are classic, ticky tack "touch fouls" that aren't fouls at all.

Jimmy Early
05-26-2014, 08:02 PM
This thread is HILARIOUS!

Totally ignoring the intentional "Hack-an-Adams" strategy that Popovich went to in the third quarter (pretty good move, by the way); totally ignoring the HUGE team foul disparity in the first half.....

But the topper of all the toppers was the "Parker is way more athletic than Westbrook" blast (I'm not even going to honor the primate drivel by repeating it)..... CLASSIC DELUSION!!!!:bang

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 08:03 PM
:lmao I see you OKCfan:

http://s1.postimg.org/nl0dhaou7/okcfan.jpg

:rollin you can't hide from me. I read everything on your shitty ass board also. You guys are the laughing stock of the NBA :rollin :rollin :lmao

:lmao

Jimmy Early
05-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Did I make any attempt to hide my favorite team?

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 08:06 PM
This thread is HILARIOUS!

Totally ignoring the intentional "Hack-an-Adams" strategy that Popovich went to in the third quarter (pretty good move, by the way); totally ignoring the HUGE team foul disparity in the first half.....

But the topper of all the toppers was the "Parker is way more athletic than Westbrook" blast (I'm not even going to honor the primate drivel by repeating it)..... CLASSIC DELUSION!!!!:bang

:lmao who's ignoring it? OKC was called for 10 fouls in the first half. The Spurs were called for 2. I (and pretty much everybody else on this board) called that bad reffing in favor of the Spurs.

:lmao okcfan
:lmao delusional about the obvious fact that his team is ref-propped
:lmao no one respects your team

Go over to the lakers, clippers, rockets, heat, mavericks, etc. forums. They all say the same thing. No one respects OKC. None of those fans have any reason to "like" each other either.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Go through the game thread. Literally 95%+ of posters were saying "Wow, why are we getting the OKC treatment in the first half of this game?" or something to that effect.

The hilarious part is that blatantly biased reffing in favor of one team is colloquially termed "getting the OKC treatment" not just here but on pretty much every non-OKC NBA forum board on the internet.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Think back to 2007 when Tim Donaghy blatantly rigged the Spurs/Phoenix series in favor of the Spurs, thereby likely stealing a ring from Phoenix. You know what non-Spurs NBA forum members called us? They called us the "San Antonio $terns." Was it warranted? Abso-fucking-lutely. We were a ref propped team in that series.

OKC is now the ref propped team of the modern era.

DMC
05-26-2014, 09:59 PM

Irrelevant. If you're going to put the other team on the line intentionally, you've lost your credibility where complaining about FT disparity is concerned.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Irrelevant. If you're going to put the other team on the line intentionally, you've lost your credibility where complaining about FT disparity is concerned.

That's a total non-sequitur.

DMC
05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
That's a total non-sequitur.

Bullshit.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the foul is your defense mechanism, as it was when Patty fouled Adams, then the foul can also be your undoing. You cannot just exempt the trip to the line when the opponent is a shitty FT shooter and then bitch about all the trips for guys who aren't. It shows you want it both ways... to use the foul because you cannot defend, and to be free of repercussions of being in the bonus.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Bullshit.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the foul is your defense mechanism, as it was when Patty fouled Adams, then the foul can also be your undoing. You cannot just exempt the trip to the line when the opponent is a shitty FT shooter and then bitch about all the trips for guys who aren't. It shows you want it both ways... to use the foul because you cannot defend, and to be free of repercussions of being in the bonus.

That's a straw man. No one's complaining about all 22 free throw attempts. No one's complaining about the Spurs not receiving 22 FTA to "even things out" with OKC. The game doesn't work like that. With regards to Adams, 4 of them were the result of intentional fouling. 2 of them were the result of a legitimate, non-intentional foul.

22 to 0 is merely a red flag that invites further scrutiny. If all 22 FTA are the result of legitimate fouls (intentional or unintentional), and if the opposing team magically played perfect defense and did not foul our shooters at all, then 22 to 0 is totally legitimate.

DMC
05-26-2014, 10:18 PM
That's a straw man. No one's complaining about all 22 free throw attempts. No one's complaining about the Spurs not receiving 22 FTA to "even things out" with OKC. The game doesn't work like that. With regards to Adams, 4 of them were the result of intentional fouling. 2 of them were the result of a legitimate, non-intentional foul.

22 to 0 is merely a red flag that invites further scrutiny. If all 22 FTA are the result of legitimate fouls (intentional or unintentional), and if the opposing team magically played perfect defense and did not foul our shooters at all, then 22 to 0 is totally legitimate.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "strawman". The "mere red flag" has to have a trip point, so what's the magic number? Is it that the Spurs settled for long range bricks by Diaw and a couple others, or the fact that Tim could not hold on to the ball in the paint, or was it that Tony just didn't really attack the rim at all?

There's no strawman here. Your complaint is folly enough. If the Spurs didn't play like a girls' JV, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Letting the Thunder get 4 or 5 offensive rebounds on some shots, including on missed free throws, that's just shitty basketball. Don't try to play it off like there's a ref conspiracy afoot.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 10:24 PM

It didn't stick, then, and it doesn't make any more sense now. Committing two intentional fouls on their poorest FT shooter is within the rules. Engaging in this fair but, by some, frowned-upon practice in no way should disqualify a team from having a fairly reffed game called aginst them. Nor do those two fouls put a dent in the disparity. You're so far off base you may be in a different stadium.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "strawman". The "mere red flag" has to have a trip point, so what's the magic number? Is it that the Spurs settled for long range bricks by Diaw and a couple others, or the fact that Tim could not hold on to the ball in the paint, or was it that Tony just didn't really attack the rim at all?

There's no strawman here. Your complaint is folly enough. If the Spurs didn't play like a girls' JV, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Letting the Thunder get 4 or 5 offensive rebounds on some shots, including on missed free throws, that's just shitty basketball. Don't try to play it off like there's a ref conspiracy afoot.

Let's add ad hominems and false dichotomies to the list. It is entirely possible for the winning team to receive net ref help and the losing team to play shitty basketball simultaneously.

The "trip point" for when an absolute FTA disparity is a "red flag" is entirely arbitrary and varies from person to person. It doesn't matter what it is, because it doesn't affect anything of importance like the outcome of the game. I'm nothing more than a fan on a message board whining about reffing disparities. My arbitrary "trip point" is irrelevant, as is my assessment of which calls were dubious and which were not within any given game.

Gregg Popovich decided to intentionally foul the worst shooter on OKC twice in the 3rd quarter. Because Popovich decided to do that, littlecoyotecoin "lost credibility" with regards to complaining about FT disparities according to you. That absolutely is a non-sequitur. Why should Popovich's tactics have anything to do with littlecoyotecoin's "credibility?"

DMC
05-26-2014, 10:31 PM
It didn't stick, then, and it doesn't make any more sense now. Committing two intentional fouls on their poorest FT shooter is within the rules. Engaging in this fair but, by some, frowned-upon practice in no way should disqualify a team from having a fairly reffed game called aginst them. Nor do those two fouls put a dent in the disparity. You're so far off base you may be in a different stadium.

Shooting two free throws when fouled in the bonus is within the rules. Not every foul was a shooting foul, but when you're in the bonus so early and the other team attacks, things happen. It's all within the rules. You just don't like it when the rules don't swing your way.

I've seen the Spurs get into the bonus with 9 minutes left to go and get maybe 1 or 2 trips to the line for the rest of the quarter because they settle for long jump shots instead of attacking.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 10:40 PM

Again, I have not seen anyone claim that The Spurs played well. But, do you think The Spurs played worse than any team in NBA history? Because no team in NBA history received less respect from the refs in that second half. I have watched a lot of basketball games, and I have to say that despite The Spurs playing poorly, The Thunder weren't playing all that much better. The disparity in play was much less than the disparity in calls and it seemed pretty obvious that some of the former was caused by the latter.

Where you saw them not attack, I saw them attack, get hacked, mauled, pushed, and blocked with impunity. Literally. Impunity. 0. Go through that third quarter and see if you can't find a foul comparable to all of them OKC got. Count them up. It was a whole quarter. The refs swallowed their whistles for one team in winning time.

littlecoyotecoin
05-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Shooting two free throws when fouled in the bonus is within the rules. Not every foul was a shooting foul, but when you're in the bonus so early and the other team attacks, things happen. It's all within the rules. You just don't like it when the rules don't swing your way.

I've seen the Spurs get into the bonus with 9 minutes left to go and get maybe 1 or 2 trips to the line for the rest of the quarter because they settle for long jump shots instead of attacking.

You keep making a mountain out of a molehill with those two fouls. So, those two were intentional? OMIT them, re-tally, and The Spurs were STILL fouled zero times during the pivotal quarter. Possible, but definitely more convenient than possible.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-26-2014, 10:59 PM
I'll actually take it a step further. DMC used Popovich's decision to intentionally foul Steven Adams as a reason for undermining littlecoyotecoin's credibility. Not only is this a non-sequitur, it's actually irrelevant.

DMC should be addressing coyote's actual argument - not coyote's perceived lack of credibility that DMC puzzlingly ascribes to Gregg Popovich's hack-a-Shaq tactics.

DMC
05-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Let's add ad hominems and false dichotomies to the list. It is entirely possible for the winning team to receive net ref help and the losing team to play shitty basketball simultaneously.

But you haven't proven one, while the other is absolutely certain. Just because something is possible doesn't make it true.

The "trip point" for when an absolute FTA disparity is a "red flag" is entirely arbitrary and varies from person to person. It doesn't matter what it is, because it doesn't affect anything of importance like the outcome of the game. I'm nothing more than a fan on a message board whining about reffing disparities. My arbitrary "trip point" is irrelevant, as is my assessment of which calls were dubious and which were not within any given game.

So what's your point then?

Gregg Popovich decided to intentionally foul the worst shooter on OKC twice in the 3rd quarter. Because Popovich decided to do that, littlecoyotecoin "lost credibility" with regards to complaining about FT disparities according to you. That absolutely is a non-sequitur. Why should Popovich's tactics have anything to do with littlecoyotecoin's "credibility?"
Any Spurs fan loses credibility. Pop didn't mind the FT disparity, wanted it to be greater in fact, so he intentionally sent a Thunder player to the FT line. He was admitting that the Spurs could not stop the Thunder without fouling them. Why can't you?

DMC
05-26-2014, 11:11 PM
I'll actually take it a step further. DMC used Popovich's decision to intentionally foul Steven Adams as a reason for undermining littlecoyotecoin's credibility. Not only is this a non-sequitur, it's actually irrelevant.

DMC should be addressing coyote's actual argument - not coyote's perceived lack of credibility that DMC puzzlingly ascribes to Gregg Popovich's hack-a-Shaq tactics.

I've explained it already. There's no evidence or even a decent case for foul play (no pun intended) on the FT disparity, while coach Pop didn't have his guys attack the rim, only had them fouling Adams intentionally. That's admitting you cannot stop the other team from scoring. It's admitting you'd rather them be on the FT line. It's admitting that you don't trust your team to get the job done without your intervention by using silly fouling tactics.

You or coyotecoin make a case that there's biased officiating before pretending you're some debating savant. Until you do that, I don't have any onus of proof nor do I have to disprove anything you've not openly made a case for. What I can do is say that your whining is unwarranted according to the coach and president of basketball operations for the Spurs.

DMC
05-26-2014, 11:24 PM
You keep making a mountain out of a molehill with those two fouls. So, those two were intentional? OMIT them, re-tally, and The Spurs were STILL fouled zero times during the pivotal quarter. Possible, but definitely more convenient than possible.

Not true. There were at least 2 fouls against OKC but they were not shooting fouls.

Meanwhile, explain this:

76-81
Kevin Durant misses layup

0:41

76-81
Kevin Durant offensive rebound

0:41

76-81
Kevin Durant misses layup

0:40

76-81
Kevin Durant offensive rebound

0:36

76-81
Steven Adams misses layup

0:35

76-81
Steven Adams offensive rebound

0:35
Marco Belinelli shooting foul (Steven Adams draws the foul)
76-81

jARS mEsH sEt
05-27-2014, 12:04 AM
I've explained it already. There's no evidence or even a decent case for foul play (no pun intended) on the FT disparity, while coach Pop didn't have his guys attack the rim, only had them fouling Adams intentionally. That's admitting you cannot stop the other team from scoring. It's admitting you'd rather them be on the FT line. It's admitting that you don't trust your team to get the job done without your intervention by using silly fouling tactics.

You or coyotecoin make a case that there's biased officiating before pretending you're some debating savant. Until you do that, I don't have any onus of proof nor do I have to disprove anything you've not openly made a case for. What I can do is say that your whining is unwarranted according to the coach and president of basketball operations for the Spurs.

Whenever I watch a game, I keep a running, mental tally of bull shit calls for or against both teams. In many cases, there is a huge grey area and therefore my criterion for assessing calls as "bullshit" or "legitimate" is entirely arbitrary. I then come on this board and vent my frustrations amongst a forum of people who either agree or disagree with my assessment. There's no ultimate "point" to any of this. This isn't a fucking scientific forum where arguments need to be crafted under the same standards expected of publishable, peer-reviewed journal articles. There's no way to quantify legitimate vs illegitimate fouls in this game. This is necessarily the result of an admittedly arbitrary "eye test."

I see Marco getting to the free throw line during garbage time on ticky tack contact in game 3, and yet the refs fail to call that same level of contact in favor of Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook during game 2 on at least 5 different occasions. Westbrook gets hit in the face at least twice in game 2 with no calls, and yet Marco gets bullshit free throws in garbage time on minimal contact. Kawhi Leonard gets hit in the face with Kevin Durant's elbow with no call, and yet Durant is awarded free throws on marginal contact several plays later. When I watch these games there's a clear inconsistency in reffing that's disconcerting to me, and I use this forum as a way to express my frustrations.

I'm not a debating savant but I sure as hell am not losing a pissing match to someone who doesn't understand what a "non-sequitur" or "straw man" is. You've attacked coyote's credibility on fallacious logic and called my complaint "folly." You've done nothing but contribute a series of logical fallacies to the discussion.

I don't know how littlecoyotecoin feels, but I've said several times that I thought OKC outplayed us in game 3. Your "box score" post above is utterly irrelevant to any biased reffing that may or may not have occurred during the game. What response are you looking for? OKC did a great job offensively rebounding the ball during that stretch, leading to a legitimate foul by Marco. So fucking what?

My only point in this pissing match was to point out your series of logical fallacies.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Incidentally, this is precisely what the refs are asked to do every game. The refs aren't privy to some magical "meter" that gives them a way to quantify whether or not contact on any given play is sufficient to call a foul or not. The refs necessarily rely on the same, arbitrary eye tests that fans use.