PDA

View Full Version : Parker "wussing" out again

UZER
05-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Dude played like a fucking pussy tonight. Never seen a "super star" appear and disappear as fast as this dude.

dg7md
05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
I don't know what was wrong with Parker, he had flashes of himself but he was too inconsistent, too sloppy. If Parker isn't on then we basically have no chance.

Stabula
05-25-2014, 10:01 PM
How long have you been following the Spurs? You should be used to this. Parker always disappears in the 2nd half of games and especially series. Some may call him inconsistent as a result, but actually he's been very consistent in this fact.

AFBlue
05-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Shriveled terribly tonight, but that was the entire fucking team outside of Manu.

Admidave50
TP pussed out this game, he better man up for the next one! Fuckin' fraggot !

UZER
Dude I have been following the spurs for a long time. That's why I said never seen a superstar blah blah blah.

tmtcsc
05-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Tony had a bad game. He'll bounce back.

DarrinS
05-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Not his best effort

peacemaker885
05-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Spurs basketball is supposed to negate an off night. The problem is only Tim(?) and Manu showed up. For us to win, we need more than just two to show up. Live by Spurs ball, die by Spurs ball.

Lerojo
05-25-2014, 10:06 PM
He didn't get the good screens like he has for the last 6 matches.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Tony Parker is a PG, he can't change that:lol..

PGs aren't supposed to be the best players on your team, it doesn't work..there are very few examples of a PG leading a team to a title, and one of those examples is Aids Johnson, a nigga that is 6'9, the size of a SF/PF..

The Spurs are probably the most unique contender in NBA history..they rely entirely on a team effort..sure, Parker is the offensive anchor, but he's a PG, you can't rely on him to carry your team, and he's going to have many games where he's a liability, as we have seen many times during his career..

He doesn't have the ability to carry a team every night, he's not prime Duncan..the Spurs just need him to show up for more games than he disappears, so hopefully he's in good form for game 4..

hitmanyr2k
05-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Spurs basketball is supposed to negate an off night. The problem is only Tim and Manu showed up. For us to win, we need more than just two to show up. Live by Spurs ball, die by Spurs ball.

Say what? lol. Duncan was a freakin ghost tonight.

Mikeanaro
05-25-2014, 10:08 PM
His stupid floater wont work against Iblacka, and the whole team excepting manu played like shit, Boris was so awful even to get an easy rebound against derelique fishless.

Skull-1
05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
His stupid floater wont work against Iblacka, and the whole team excepting manu played like shit, Boris was so awful even to get an easy rebound against derelique fishless.

Manu showing ing up when it doesn't matter--again. Played with urgency. Nobody else did. I think someone drugged their food at the hotel...

HI-FI
05-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Playoff Parker mode. Spursfan shouldn't be surprised by this.

UZER
05-25-2014, 10:14 PM

Not surprised. It's just puzzling.

DarrinS
05-25-2014, 10:14 PM

He'll bounce back. At least he doesn't get the same wrath that Manu gets.

Manu's great play pretty much wasted in this game.

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Tony Parker is a PG, he can't change that:lol..

PGs aren't supposed to be the best players on your team, it doesn't work..there are very few examples of a PG leading a team to a title, and one of those examples is Aids Johnson, a nigga that is 6'9, the size of a SF/PF..

Isiah Thomas says hello.

Mikeanaro
05-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Manu showing ing up when it doesn't matter--again. Played with urgency. Nobody else did. I think someone drugged their food at the hotel...
Hi Skull, well yeah but this game they couldnīt even get some stupid rebounds there was a play where OKC shoot 4 times in a row, 4 second chances... Tiago was masturbating, and Spurs lose by 9 using their 3rd string squad.
They didnīt show up I dont get it, Spurs canīt rest too much it always happens the same thing.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Isiah Thomas says hello.

"Very few examples"

Isiah and Magic are the only examples, and even Isiah needed a specific supporting cast to mask his flaws(mostly due to size)..

siraulo23
05-25-2014, 10:17 PM
my hamstring

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:19 PM
"Very few examples"

Isiah and Magic are the only examples, and even Isiah needed a specific supporting cast to mask his flaws(mostly due to size)..

Tony Parker says hello (2007).

baseline bum
05-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Spurs go as Parker goes

baseline bum
05-25-2014, 10:20 PM

:lol Duncan led the Spurs to that title
:lol Tony Parker better than Prime Duncan

lefty
05-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Pop in the press conf :lol

Reporter (with scared voice) : " what was difficlt for Tony tonight?"

Pop : " I don't know "

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 10:21 PM

Boobie Gibson says hello (2007)...

As someone who's sat through numerous chokejobs from a team currently built around a traditional point guard, it's very clear that it just doesn't work without extreme circumstances.... DOK's theory is right on the money, you basically just need a role player at point guard or at least someone who isn't afraid to be aggressive on the offensive end....

itzsoweezee
05-25-2014, 10:22 PM
"Very few examples"

Chauncey Billups was the best player on the Pistons. He's the best analog to Parker in terms of roles on championship-caliber teams.

Regardless, Parker doesn't need to lead the Spurs. He just needs to not-suck. Not a very high bar to reach, imo.

Johnny RIngo

TP wasn't even the 2nd best player on the Spurs that year

ElNono
I would find it troubling if he shits the bed again in Game 4.... for now, non-issue... we do need him more aggressive...

UZER
05-25-2014, 10:24 PM
I would find it troubling if he shits the bed again in Game 4.... for now, non-issue... we do need him more aggressive...

Dude shits his pants when he sees ibaka

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:25 PM
TP wasn't even the 2nd best player on the Spurs that year

Right, he was only finals MVP.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Chauncey Billups was the best player on the Pistons. He's the best analog to Parker in terms of roles on championship-caliber teams.

Regardless, Parker doesn't need to lead the Spurs. He just needs to not-suck. Not a very high bar to reach, imo.

Ben Wallace was the most valuable player on the team(statistically) and Richard Hamilton had the highest usage rate on the team..

Mikeanaro
05-25-2014, 10:26 PM
No more floaters please, its humiliating stupid ass keeps going to the paint and gets the same result every time all the time.

lefty
05-25-2014, 10:27 PM
B:lol:lolbie Gibs:loln

What happened to that scrub btw?

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 10:27 PM

Even if you ignore that Parker was significantly worse than both Duncan and Ginobili in the playoffs, Duncan led the Spurs in points and usage %, he was clearly the #1 option in the playoffs..

You should research your takes before you present them, tbh, it takes 2 minutes..

weebo
05-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Spurs lost this game on effort, or lack thereof and rebounding (52-36)

itzsoweezee
05-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Ben Wallace was the most valuable player on the team(statistically) and Richard Hamilton had the highest usage rate on the team..

Lol, now you're grasping at straws. And, like I said, Parker doesn't need to lead the Spurs, he just needs to not-suck. I don't think it's asking too much for Tony to play at least to Avery Johnson or Derek Fisher levels.

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Even if you ignore that Parker was significantly worse than both Duncan and Ginobili in the playoffs, Duncan led the Spurs in points and usage %, he was clearly the #1 option in the playoffs..

So they gave Parker a pity trophy, right? Did they feel sorry for him?

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2014, 10:30 PM

Cedric Maxwell - definitely the best player on the '81 Celtics.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 10:31 PM

Parker was the best offensive player in 1 series..you realize there are 3 other series' to play, right?..

Clipper Nation

He compiled stats against an absolute scrub for four games, which is why he received the trophy.... Duncan was clearly the best player on the Spurs that year and especially in the playoffs, though....

dbreiden83080
Isiah Thomas says hello.

He was worlds better than Tony ever could dream of being..

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Parker was the best offensive player in 1 series..you realize there are 3 other series' to play, right?..

You do realize the Finals is the Finals. I didn't say playoff Mvp. You know there's a difference, right?

You play big when it counts most. That's all that matters.

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Manu has his "once every 2 months" good game = Hero, HOF

Malik Hairston
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
You do realize the Finals is the Finals. I didn't say playoff Mvp. You know there's a difference, right?

You replied to my point about the PG generally being unable to lead a team to a title as the best player on the team:lol.. What the fuck is wrong with you?..

If your franchise player is a PG, you aren't going to win a title(with only 1 real exception in history), it's been proven time and time again..

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
He was worlds better than Tony ever could dream of being..

No argument there. The Pistons were pretty much Thomas and a bunch of stiffs.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2014, 10:35 PM

In a sweep against a lousy team.. Timmy did the heavy lifting in the playoffs..

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2014, 10:35 PM
He compiled stats against an absolute scrub for four games, which is why he received the trophy.... Duncan was clearly the best player on the Spurs that year and especially in the playoffs, though....
He's still better than Choke Paul. Idk what Spurs fans want... Atleast he didint go for a half court shot and turned it over

GrandeDavid
05-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Tim did not show up.

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:37 PM
You replied to my point about the PG generally being unable to lead a team to a title as the best player on the team:lol.. What the fuck is wrong with you?..

If your franchise player is a PG, you aren't going to win a title(with only 1 real exception in history), it's been proven time and time again..

Wrong again!!! Parker was the best Spurs player last season and the Spurs gift wrapped the series for the Heat. I would say if Parker was healthy, the Spurs dominate the Heat and a PG led team wins the ship. What the hells wrong with you? PG led teams CAN win championships.

Keep grandstanding though. It has entertainment value.

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Wrong again!!! Parker was the best Spurs player last season and gift wraped the series for the Heat.

He was completely shut down when LeBron switched on to him, which perfectly illustrates why a point guard isn't leading their team to a title anytime soon.... Choke Paul also gets shut down by bigger defenders, which is a big reason why I want him traded ASAP....

Additionally, the Spurs really made the Finals because Duncan had a renaissance year....

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:43 PM
He was completely shut down when LeBron switched on to him, which perfectly illustrates why a point guard isn't leading their team to a title anytime soon.... Choke Paul also gets shut down by bigger defenders, which is a big reason why I want him traded ASAP....

Additionally, the Spurs really made the Finals because Duncan had a renaissance year....

He wasn't shutdown, he was playing on one leg. He didn't even play the fourth of game 7. Manu did on a bad hammy.

UZER
05-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Who cares what Parker did against Cleveland. This is okc we're talking about where he shriveled up again. Ibaka puts fear in his eyes.

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Who cares what Parker did against Cleveland. This is okc we're talking about where he shriveled up again.

Ask 80% of the forum, OKC is no match for the Spurs.

slick'81
05-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Parker getting shitted on per par

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 10:47 PM
He wasn't shutdown, he was playing on one leg. He didn't even play the fourth of game 7. Manu did on a bad hammy.
He wasn't shut down? Really? He shot something like 4-17 in the second half with LeBron on him in Game 6, then shot 3-12 in Game 7.... pretty sure that's the definition of shut down, tbh....

And the injury excuse doesn't fly when he was torching Cole and Chalmers.... when LeBron switched on to him, he suddenly looked very pedestrian, that's not a coincidence....

dbreiden83080
05-25-2014, 10:51 PM
No argument there. The Pistons were pretty much Thomas and a bunch of stiffs.

And he led them to back to back championships getting through Michael Jordan and the Bulls Larry Bird and the Celtics and Magic Johnson and the Lakers. He is probably the second greatest point guard NBA history

Hoops Czar
05-25-2014, 10:52 PM
He wasn't shut down? Really? He shot something like 4-17 in the second half with LeBron on him in Game 6, then shot 3-12 in Game 7.... pretty sure that's the definition of shut down, tbh....

And the injury excuse doesn't fly when he was torching Cole and Chalmers.... when LeBron switched on to him, he suddenly looked very pedestrian, that's not a coincidence....

He hit the game tying Three with under two minutes left. Add to it a driving layup that gave them the lead. If Leonard and Ginobili could knock down free throws, the series was over.

And I don't care who the hell he was playing against, the Spurs weren't going anywhere without Parker last year. That's not even up for debate. He was the best player on the floor most nights.

AusEM
05-25-2014, 10:54 PM
B:lol:lolbie Gibs:loln

What happened to that scrub btw?

If I remember correctly it was Larry Hughes guarding TP during those finals? The guy had a bad ankle. I couldn't understand why the Cavs did not hid him with Bowen.

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 10:57 PM
He hit the game tying Three with under two minutes left. Add to it a driving layup that gave them the lead.
:lol A two-shot sample size in a game the Spurs lost.... then in Game 7, when the Spurs still had a chance to win the series, Enrique was nowhere to be found....

Like it or not, his stats noticeably plummeted when LeBron guarded him compared to Chalmers/Cole, tbh....

A championship is just not happening if your first option can easily be neutralized when a bigger defender is switched on to them, as is the case with all traditional point guards.... it's the Clippers' biggest problem and it's become the Spurs' biggest flaw too now that Parker has become the first option, tbh....

Darius McCrary
05-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Parker was a complete and utter joke tonight.
He better wake the fuck up tomorrow especially after how much shit he talked about wanting Ibaka to play. Parker actually said he wanted Ibaka to play. Come on Tony you're better than this.