PDA

View Full Version : Pop's Relationship with Presti. Kerr and Others

BillMc
05-27-2014, 08:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10987204/gregg-popovich-spurs-present

Good article. Pop really comes across as a sort of gentler Don Corleone. Kerr seems to really love him, though there's a slightly frostier vibe from Presti but that's to be expected given he's locked in a series with Pop.

Also like the possibility that in some small way Pop screwed over Phil Jackson by advising Kerr to go to Golden State. Phil's been a bungling basketball tsar so far.

Old School 44
05-27-2014, 08:26 AM
My brother used to usher on the floor at the Alamodome. He said Presti used to bring him and other ushers drinks and talk bball. Amazing how far some of these guys like Presti, Mike Brown and Dell Demps have come.

lil'mo
05-27-2014, 08:26 AM
#1 Presti sounds like a total fucking pussy.

#2 If Kerr loves pop's dick so much why is he so anti-spur in his role as a broadcaster? It's intentional and sounds forced at times...

BillMc
05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
My brother used to usher on the floor at the Alamodome. He said Presti used to bring him and other ushers drinks and talk bball. Amazing how far some of these guys like Presti, Mike Brown and Dell Demps have come.

Yeah, it's the way to get in to the NBA hierarchy. Glad Presti was cool to your bro.

BillMc
05-27-2014, 08:35 AM
#2 If Kerr loves pop's dick so much why is he so anti-spur in his role as a broadcaster? It's intentional and sounds forced at times...

Never really noticed Kerr being anti-Spur to be honest. I'll have to listen closer next time he's in the booth. It's not like he's Reggie Miller or anything...

lil'mo
05-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Seriously? He's worse than Reggie miller

BillMc
05-27-2014, 08:44 AM

Not saying he isn't. I'm saying I never noticed it.

Jenks
05-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Agreed 1000%
Reggie just gets aboard the hype train of other teams, he doesn't seem to hate the Spurs at all.
Kerr (and JVG) go out of their way to passive aggressively take shots at the Spurs throughout every game they call, and bookend it with talking about how wonderful the Spurs are before and after the game. Kerr is even worse with the Bulls.

weebo
05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Agreed 1000%
Reggie just gets aboard the hype train of other teams, he doesn't seem to hate the Spurs at all.
Kerr (and JVG) go out of their way to passive aggressively take shots at the Spurs throughout every game they call, and bookend it with talking about how wonderful the Spurs are before and after the game. Kerr is even worse with the Bulls.

Could be that Kerr does it because he doesn't want to come off sounding like a homer.

look_at_g_shred
05-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Agreed 1000%
Actaully JVG always talks great about the spurs. Kerr on the other hand....

superbigtime
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Kerr is a bitch sometimes. Blabbed his reasoning about the legitimacy of FT discrepancy in game 3 third quarter.

hommeaetage
05-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Kerr is a bitch sometimes. Blabbed his reasoning about the legitimacy of FT discrepancy in game 3 third quarter.

Kerr is a head coach now. i wouldn't put too much stock on what he says about offficials

lil'mo
05-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Agreed 1000%
I'll have to disagree with you on JVG. Love hearing that dude commentate, he never seems biased or dishonest in his opinion, ever. I wish JVG was league commissioner tbh

Spur|n|Austin
05-27-2014, 01:27 PM
I'll have to disagree with you on JVG. Love hearing that dude commentate, he never seems biased or dishonest in his opinion, ever. I wish JVG was league commissioner tbh

Memphis should grab him up.

05-27-2014, 01:29 PM
I wish JVG was league commissioner tbhhe'd probably fire every active referee

Jenks
05-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Easy as shit to provide an example, just go watch round 1 game 6. Repeatedly getting on the Spurs for flopping, then Vince Carter delivers the most embarrassing flop I've ever seen and he doesn't say a word. For the first time all game, he has nothing to say. He's very consistent with it.

Unrelated, his monologues that have nothing to do with the game going on in front of him can be frustrating if you actually care about the game being played.

BillMc
05-27-2014, 02:22 PM
JVG is generally pretty good, and he's always informed even when I disagree with him (such as the fact that he doesn't think Manu is worthy of the HOF) he mostly makes good points.

johnpaulwall21
05-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Didn't read but I don't like the process of these assistant coaches and front office people soaking in everything the spurs know only to end up leaving and using the knowledge against us.