PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS WHAT A REAL CROWD SOUNDS LIKE

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 09:08 PM
The crowd is supposed to motivate the players... Not the other way around.

In SA everyone is quiet the whole damn game unless Kawhi dunks, or Manu scores... This OKC crowd never shuts the hell up and that's what a crowd is supposed to do. The game @ Washington had louder Spurs fans than the ones who show up at the AT&T Center.

These are Timmy's last years... and the crowd arrives 10 minutes late, takes the whole 3rd quarter for the fucking Whataburger stands to empty, and then they focus on the burger they're eating instead of watching the 4th quarter...

THE MIAMI CROWD IS LOUDER THAN YALL SMFH

Oh and can the CHEAP ASS PATFO hook it up with shirts and decent halftime shows? You didint waste all the money during the offseason... Ayres...

Manu20Ginobili
05-27-2014, 09:10 PM
This message is hidden because TheGreatYacht is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).View Post (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233819&p=7363349#post7363349)

Remove user from ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=43719)

Darius Bieber
05-27-2014, 09:12 PM
San Antonio doesn't even have a Top 5 arena in my opinion... Top five are easily (in no order): OKC, Memphis, Golden State, Toronto, Phoenix. Even though they may be douchey or classless, they are loud and crazy for their teams.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Butthurt Spurs homers smh

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
San Antonio doesn't even have a Top 5 arena in my opinion... Top five are easily (in no order): OKC, Memphis, Golden State, Toronto, Phoenix. Even though they may be douchey or classless, they are loud and crazy for their teams.
The loudest Spurs crowds have been don't compare to Game 1 BKL @ TOR

PÒÓCH
05-27-2014, 09:16 PM
The Latino crowd sits on the nosebleed sections, and believe me they're loud, those people never stop screaming. It's all the white people on the front rows who sit on their hands and fiddle their thumbs, but yes I agree we have a mediocre home crowd at best participationally speaking. Maybe the baseline bums should come back down to the baseline and help cheer on our team.

spursparker9
05-27-2014, 09:18 PM
OKC have the best crowd.

They are even booing the opponent during FT

703 Spurz
05-27-2014, 09:26 PM
I was at the game vs. the Wizards in D.C. and you're right, it was incredible to see. I had been to Verizon to see the Spurs play for years and though SA fans always represented well there, this past time was so much better.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 09:32 PM
The Latino crowd sits on the nosebleed sections, and believe me they're loud, those people never stop screaming. It's all the white people on the front rows who sit on their hands and fiddle their thumbs, but yes I agree we have a mediocre home crowd at best participationally speaking. Maybe the baseline bums should come back down to the baseline and help cheer on our team.
Yeah I should fix that. Last time I went they were doing the wave up there lol

Russ
05-27-2014, 09:36 PM
The Spurs are gonna need an old Hemisfair Arena type crowd to pull 'em through Game 5.

If the place goes dead early, it's curtains.

Russ
05-27-2014, 09:37 PM
:flag:

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 09:43 PM
The Spurs are gonna need an old Hemisfair Arena type crowd to pull 'em through Game 5.

If the place goes dead early, it's curtains.
I agree. OKC has all the fucking momentum... But the crowd will be quiet as usual, tbh

davidbowie
05-27-2014, 09:45 PM
We haven't been a decent crowd since the dome days. Face it we were hungry and had never won before. All those records we set for consistent winning comes at a price. Incredibly Bored and spoiled fan base. Finals or nothing

Slippy
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Gotta agree here. That OKC crowd is way louder than SA.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Gotta agree here. The Atlanta crowd is way louder than SA.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Please show up and actually make noise SA. No damn way Spurs in Game 6, so the crowd is our only chance... You can get Whataburger after the game, stay seated in the 3rd quarter where the Spurs come out like zombies

crc21209
05-27-2014, 11:46 PM
The OKC crowd is all wired up on meth though...:lol

slick'81
05-27-2014, 11:48 PM
AT&T center will be loud as fuck game 5

tim_duncan_fan
05-27-2014, 11:49 PM
We need The Shrieking Woman in the building during game 5.

Not that it'll help.

DesignatedT
05-27-2014, 11:49 PM
This has never been discussed before.

baseline bum
05-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Winning that second title in 2003 made the Spurs crowd soft. Until then they were as good as OKC's crowd.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Fucked up cuh lol

heyheymymy
05-28-2014, 12:13 AM
it's not our fault the crowd is in methlahoma and is more jacked up than tuco salmanca

iManu
05-28-2014, 01:31 AM
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_ narcissism_psychopathy.html

dg7md
05-28-2014, 01:59 AM
OKC fans are crazy because they have nothing else going on in Oklahoma City but the Thunder. Plus, they don't really many past successes to fall back on.

No matter what happens to our team in like 5-10 years we'll still be acknowledged in history as an excellent franchise while the Thunder are still trying to find their footing so naturally their fans are more crazy because there's a lot more to lose than we do as a whole.

Teams with successful franchises have less crazy fans than the newer franchises. It sucks but I really think that's a part of it.

Rapper
05-28-2014, 02:35 AM
OKC. OKC. OKC. OKC. OKC. OKC. OKC

Jimmy Early
05-28-2014, 10:51 AM

I am SHOCKED that it took 17 replies for this to be posted..... :rolleyes

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2014, 10:57 AM

:lol true.

We need someone on the inside to sprinkle some of that into the bud light and whataburger!

Jimcs50
05-28-2014, 10:59 AM
OKC fans are hungry. Spurs fans are spoiled, like Lakers fans. Spurs fans used to be loudest in NBA back in 70s and 80s. My ears were ringing after every home game, because of the decibel level.

Spurs never should have left the Hemisfair arena.

:lol

Kawhi
05-28-2014, 11:48 AM
The OKC crowd is all wired up on meth though...:lolthis is true

sinok
05-28-2014, 12:24 PM
I beg to differ, these are real crowds. Even MethKC's crowd is a weak bunch of pussies compared to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyYMQMPB9k

Budkin
05-28-2014, 12:25 PM
The crowd is supposed to motivate the players... Not the other way around.

In SA everyone is quiet the whole damn game unless Kawhi dunks, or Manu scores... This OKC crowd never shuts the hell up and that's what a crowd is supposed to do. The game @ Washington had louder Spurs fans than the ones who show up at the AT&T Center.

These are Timmy's last years... and the crowd arrives 10 minutes late, takes the whole 3rd quarter for the fucking Whataburger stands to empty, and then they focus on the burger they're eating instead of watching the 4th quarter...

THE MIAMI CROWD IS LOUDER THAN YALL SMFH

Oh and can the CHEAP ASS PATFO hook it up with shirts and decent halftime shows? You didint waste all the money during the offseason... Ayres...

From what I heard Game 7 against the Mavs and Games 1/2 against the Blazers were full on ear bleeders. Our crowd will bring it.

Old School 44
05-28-2014, 01:35 PM
They need to show an inspirational speech from the Admiral on the scoreboard. And if they can't do that, get a bigger free t-shirt cannon, one that can reach the last row of the upper deck. :)

rascal
05-28-2014, 01:37 PM
We haven't been a decent crowd since the dome days. Face it we were hungry and had never won before. All those records we set for consistent winning comes at a price. Incredibly Bored and spoiled fan base. Finals or nothing

This is the reason.
Dome wasn't good for noise. Really since the Hemisphere days. Spurs were noted as having the loudest home fans in the league at one time (Hemisphere days).

doobs
05-28-2014, 01:48 PM
I beg to differ, these are real crowds. Even MethKC's crowd is a weak bunch of pussies compared to that.

Well, yeah, Euros are a bunch of cryptofascists who enjoy clapping, chanting and marching in unison. Thankfully they have progressed and their violent urges are now channeled through sports instead of invading countries and killing Jews and Gypsies.

ersinert
05-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Well, yeah, Euros are a bunch of cryptofascists who enjoy clapping, chanting and marching in unison. Thankfully they have progressed and their violent urges are now channeled through sports instead of invading countries and killing Jews and Gypsies.

Im from Istanbul and at 10th min of the video is the team i support, Besiktas. I can say the fans are crazy here and no way you can compare them with OKC or GS fans. I mean, if Spurs was an Istanbul team and game 5 was in Istanbul, then Perkins would be crying or shitting his pants by the end of 1st quarter, as a payback for he tries to harrass Timmy.

testies
05-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Lol, maybe its because I'm foreigner but all NBA crowds are shit.. I find the little chants cute and they last like 3 seconds

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2014, 02:15 PM
From what I heard Game 7 against the Mavs and Games 1/2 against the Blazers were full on ear bleeders. Our crowd will bring it.

Yeah I was at Game 7 against Dallas and it was one of, if not the loudest I've ever heard the AT&T center. Gotta bring that same noise in Game 5; also, fuck those black shirts, give em white or don't give them anything at all. The first 3 rows don't even put the shirts on anyways.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-28-2014, 02:23 PM
We're spoiled due to our incredible 50+ game win seasons every year plus the 4 rings the Spurs have snagged up over the years.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Americans cant agree on anything. Not even simple chants for their home team. Its not just San Antonio. Spurs fans are fuckin passionate though. I truly believe the identity of a team can be influenced by a home crowd and fanbase. Spurs fans come out when they absolutely have too. Most of the time we know the Spurs dont need all the special treatment for them to go out and do their job.

Having said that, San Antonio has been here before and we know our team needs some fuckin ruckus Thursday night.

TheGreatYacht
05-28-2014, 03:37 PM
@theborisdiaw: Let's go back home learning from our mistakes. We need your support for Game 5 and make them realize what AT&T is. #GoSpursGo

Blizzardwizard
05-28-2014, 04:00 PM
American chants could use a bit more nastiness, not offensive, but more intimidating than 'you suck you suck'.

davidbowie
05-28-2014, 04:30 PM

this is just ridiculous lol

TheGreatYacht
05-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Watching this Pacers game reminded me...

Fuck those bandwagon bitches who always show up to support the other team... Wearing KD/LBJ jerseys with their ghetto tribal tattoos and bucket hats

DMC
05-28-2014, 10:59 PM
This message is hidden because TheGreatYacht is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

View Post (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233819&p=7363349#post7363349)
Remove user from ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=43719)

Yeah that's it. Put him on ignore then show him you put him on ignore. That'll teach him you're not interested.

Dingle Barry
05-28-2014, 11:02 PM
This message is hidden because DMC loves black folks.

DMC
05-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I loves me some dark skinned folk.

SnakeBoy
05-28-2014, 11:37 PM

That shit is crazy. I can't really understand how they can get so worked up to watch wnba style basketball.

eDizzle20
05-29-2014, 12:08 AM
The loudest crowd I ever recall hearing was the Sacramento Kings during the early 2000's when they were allowed to use cow bells.

FkLA
05-29-2014, 03:55 AM

That is cool as shit tbh.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-29-2014, 10:02 AM
AT&T center will be loud as fuck game 5

People don't remember game 7 of the Mavs-Spurs series this year. Spurs fan are quiet for the most part. But when the Spurs need it, they ramp things up.

TheGreatYacht
05-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Put away the fucking Whataburger... And cheer for your damn team tonight AT&T Center (no chance they win Game 6 so this is a MUST WIN)

TheGreatYacht
05-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Ole, Ole, Ole chants... When was the last time they chanted that during a Spurs game? :lmao YOUR WELCOME GAIZ

DAF86
05-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Ole, Ole, Ole chants... When was the last time they chanted that during a Spurs game? :lmao YOUR WELCOME GAIZ

You're content with that weak ass ole chant? :lol

davidbowie
05-29-2014, 10:08 PM
The ole chant was beautiful. Just need some Roman candles and smoke bombs and flares lol

TheGreatYacht
05-29-2014, 10:10 PM
You're content with that weak ass ole chant? :lol
With this weak SA crowd. I'll take it lol