PDA

View Full Version : Why is Marco Belinelli playing so much, tbh?..

Malik Hairston
05-27-2014, 09:12 PM
- He has been the worst Spur in the playoffs
- He is arguably the worst defensive wing in the league
- He can't play against athleticism
- He has lost confidence and is passing up shots

He's far from the only reason the Spurs are losing, everybody is struggling, but I don't understand how Pop keeps playing him when he hasn't earned any minutes, let alone guarding the 2nd best player in the world for virtually the entire 2nd quarter:lol..

gospursgojas
05-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Seriously...where was green?

Floyd Pacquiao
05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Cause pop favors soft eurofags over athletic niggas

gospursgojas
05-27-2014, 09:14 PM

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Because Pop is drunk

TheGreatYacht

smaka

timtonymanu
05-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Still waiting for him to show why he was a good pickup.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-27-2014, 09:16 PM
CIA Pop with the mindgames tbh. Pop never makes questionable lineup decisions and he turns water into wine.

texmich
05-27-2014, 09:17 PM
This!! Pretty sure we have more rings if we filled some of our roster spots in the past with some college American negros

Splits
05-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Because Manu had 3 fouls at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

mercos
05-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Green was a mess out there tonight. When he misses his first shot, its generally a bad night for him. He was also fumbling the ball almost every time he touched it. Beli has been no better, but there is no one else to turn to at this point.

hater
05-27-2014, 09:20 PM
probably because Green and Manu look like tired dogs out there

wildchild
05-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Because Manu had 3 fouls at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Yes but why Marco finished the 2nd quarter with Danny and Kawhi on the bench???

Marco played the last 10 minutes of the 2nd quarter...and we know what happened...

I don't understand Pop

Splits
05-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Better question is why are we playing zone defense for more than 1 possession?

smaka
05-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Kawhi only played 17 minutes, lol

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Green is +1 and stops Westbrook, and he only has 9 minutes of playing time in the first half while Marco has 11. Pop has too much control, FO needs to let an assistant coach have control over substitutions rather than Pop, cause Pop sucks when it comes to rotations during pressure situations.

hater
05-27-2014, 09:23 PM
LMAO Manu with 3 fouls already :lol

DapDaGenius
05-27-2014, 09:24 PM

:lmao That's real shit, though. Anyway we could get rid of Marco?

Malik Hairston
05-27-2014, 09:33 PM
These excuses don't make any sense, tbh..

Green had a positive +/- in the first half and he's been great in the playoffs..why would he have a short leash after 1 poor stint, when Belinelli has been terrible for the entire playoffs?..

objective
05-27-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't care if manu dropped dead on the bench, there is still no reason for marco to play in the WCF unless it's garbage time

Raven
05-28-2014, 03:09 AM
no idea, i can't justify pop for this, no excuses.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 03:14 AM
I understand maybe trying to get a scoring spark, but having him guard Durant when Kawhi and/or Diaw were out there at the same time was stupid. If Pop must play him, he should only be defending a slow footed guy like Butler..

crc21209
05-28-2014, 03:18 AM
Pop trying to rest guys and bench guys with 2-3 fouls better stop as of Thursday. Now's the time to stop fucking around with rotations and play your best players for 38-43 mins tops. This means the starting 5 + Manu and Diaw.

Boomersgold
05-28-2014, 03:19 AM
Still waiting for him to show why he was a good pickup.
Regular season showing not enough for you? People forget that this is his first season with the Spurs. Chemistry wise, he fits perfectly.

ElNono
05-28-2014, 03:33 AM
The answer is really that Pop has his mind set as far as who provides "offense" vs "defense", and Marco is tagged in the 1st category. With the offense struggling, he rather have a guy that, on paper, and on paper only so far, can handle the rock to run a pick and roll, feels comfortable taking a mid-range shot and can finish around the rim.

Pop won't doubt himself now. He might revisit things in the offseason, but I suspect he'll simply give Marco a pass, just like he gave a pass to RJ after his first season. You'll hear about adjusting to the system, how new players normally take a couple of seasons to "get it", etc.

slick'81
05-28-2014, 03:34 AM
The answer is really that Pop has his mind set as far as who provides "offense" vs "defense", and Marco is tagged in the 1st category. With the offense struggling, he rather have a guy that, on paper, and on paper only so far, can handle the rock to run a pick and roll, feels comfortable taking a mid-range shot and can finish around the rim.

Pop won't doubt himself now. He might revisit things in the offseason, but I suspect he'll simply give Marco a pass, just like he gave a pass to RJ after his first season. You'll hear about adjusting to the system, how new players normally take a couple of seasons to "get it", etc.

This pops obviously looking for some scoring from the Ferrari but he isn't get that along with his matador d

ElNono
05-28-2014, 03:38 AM
This pops obviously looking for some scoring from the Ferrari but he isn't get that along with his matador d

I'm not even sure he's looking for Marco to score that much, but actually be a backup to Gino in the playmaking department. Mills also has had a rough series, which is the other guy that was making plays for the Spurs.

You gotta give OKC credit too, they've done a great job disrupting our perimeter offense and ball movement, and it's been mostly with gambling, since their allegedly "top" defender (Thabo) has been watching from the bench.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm not even sure he's looking for Marco to score that much, but actually be a backup to Gino in the playmaking department. Mills also has had a rough series, which is the other guy that was making plays for the Spurs.

You gotta give OKC credit too, they've done a great job disrupting our perimeter offense and ball movement, and it's been mostly with gambling, since their allegedly "top" defender (Thabo) has been watching from the bench.

That's basically what is driving me nuts. OKC is doing a shitload of gambling on D. For most of the game, they were sending 2 guys at some of our perimeter players. Our players then began to panic and would end up making a dumb pass, or turning it over themselves. If they would just stay patient they would notice that if they keep calm and keep moving the ball they'll eventually find the open guy.

MI21
05-28-2014, 04:24 AM
I really, really wish I could ask Pop what he is saying to decide to play Marco over Danny... I can generally see both sides of an argument when it comes to Pop's decisions, but to me this is more baffling than when Bonner was getting important playoff minutes - I could see that rationale, correct or not, but this is just mind boggling tbh.

MI21
05-28-2014, 04:25 AM
Not to mention even Marco does step up on the defensive end, niggas just end up making shots on him anyway because they get that dominant feeling when Marco is guarding them It's the Bonner vs Darrell Arthur effect.

05-28-2014, 05:12 AM
Seriously...where was green?

Green only shows up the majority of the time when the Spurs play at ATT Center

siraulo23
05-28-2014, 07:00 AM
I have no f idea tbh

maybe pop is hoping belli's balls can grow back

timtonymanu
05-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Regular season showing not enough for you? People forget that this is his first season with the Spurs. Chemistry wise, he's fit in perfectly.

No, it's not. The Spurs don't need another Bonner. Actually, Bonner was more valuable than Belinelli in the playoffs.

kobexxx
05-28-2014, 01:24 PM
He's being developed to be like Steph Jackson of old, with a better 3 pt shooting skils

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Kawhi only played 17 minutes, lol

That's insane.

Malik Hairston
05-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Belinelli was brought in to relieve Manu of playmaking skills, but I can't even remember 1 play in the playoffs that was created by Belinelli, tbh:lol..

Taking wide open jump shots is Belinelli's only rotation-level NBA trait, yet he's fucking scared to shoot, at this point..pathetic..

smaka
05-28-2014, 02:54 PM
That's insane.
That was meant after first half, btw.

ceperez
05-28-2014, 04:35 PM
I really, really wish I could ask Pop what he is saying to decide to play Marco over Danny... I can generally see both sides of an argument when it comes to Pop's decisions, but to me this is more baffling than when Bonner was getting important playoff minutes - I could see that rationale, correct or not, but this is just mind boggling tbh.

Marco isn't worth being on the court if he isn't willing to take the shot.

He should fix his problem by shooting farther away from the 3 point like. Just like what Brent Barry used to do. At least he'll really stretch the floor.

BackHome
05-28-2014, 09:34 PM
He is playing cause Green doesn't know how to dribble and Manu is to old and tired

apalisoc_9
05-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Him playing caused leonard valuable learning minutes..Also green not playing much

To answer your question op, Pop has an unhealthy obsession with certain players..Europeans..

hater
05-28-2014, 10:05 PM
He is playing cause Green doesn't know how to dribble and Manu is to old and tired

truth nuclear holocaust imo

kobyz
05-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Front office ruin the season in the off season and by not making a trade to improve the wing situation, i said it from the start, bringing Pusynelli was dumb dumb move, and by not fixing it until the trade deadline it killed any chance to beat the thunder and advancing to the finals, you have weak wing rotation cause Pusynelli is garbage in you can't count on erratic Manu, now you don't have enough firepower to go small against the thunder with kawhi at the 4, and you need to go small cause splitter is soft... What a stupid off season by the spurs, they were in the trauma off game 6 and that is why they do this bad off season that ruin the team... Game 5 is the last home game of Tim Duncan career!

objective
05-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Mid Level Exception : Marco Belineli and Jeff Ayres.

:lol

Malik Hairston
05-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Let's hope Belinelli does something positive tonight, tbh..he's been the worst Spurs player in the playoffs, by far, but he still has time to contribute..

timtonymanu
05-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Great move by Pop benching Marco. He was really killing the Spurs.