PDA

View Full Version : Just how are you suppose to compete with a team like this?

TE
05-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Honestly. It's fucking ridiculous. What a load of horseshit.

peacemaker885
05-27-2014, 10:03 PM
We have to shoot the lights out. Can't miss shots.

jag
05-27-2014, 10:04 PM
I hate bitching about calls...but the Spurs can't buy a fucking call

Two10Whitey
Convince the refs that it's opposite day.

TheGreatYacht
Hide the wine from Pop, tbh.

cjw
05-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Every time Westbrook touches ball, he gets a call. Watching with Mavs fan friend of mine and have a Lakers fan texting me both amazed at how he can do no wrong. Baynes jumps straight up and they call a foul.

Meanwhile he can slap on defense and steal balls from out of bounds. Kinda pissed this scrub lineup hasn't given any hard fouls yet.

poop
05-27-2014, 10:06 PM
The Ref-Westbrook combo is the deadliest attack in the league

TE
05-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Impossible to guard this team.

florige
05-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Let's just hope this crap doesn't happen at home. I mean this crap is beyond ridiculous.

DJR210
05-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Every time Westbrook touches ball, he gets a call. Watching with Mavs fan friend of mine and have a Lakers fan texting me both amazed at how he can do no wrong. Baynes jumps straight up and they call a foul.

Meanwhile he can slap on defense and steal balls from out of bounds. Kinda pissed this scrub lineup hasn't given any hard fouls yet.

Yup. Said the same. If he's gonna get a call everytime he touches the ball, you foul the fuck out of him and put him on his ass. Baynes needs to use his 6 fouls effectively.

05-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Impossible to guard this team.

They're just too athletic on both sides of the ball with Ibaka back.

They're making the Spurs look umm...old.

The Thunder didn't need the officials tonight.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-27-2014, 10:33 PM
I hate bitching about calls...but the Spurs can't buy a fucking call
I rarely blame refs, but I feel as if the Thunder were served free throws on a silver platter. Westbrook gets 10+ fucking free throws a game.

spurtech09
05-27-2014, 10:33 PM
I hate bitching about calls...but the Spurs can't buy a fucking callagree I think I will e different in SA....spurs just never got it going in okc...they will play better at home

spurtech09
05-27-2014, 10:34 PM
theres no way spurs lose 3 in a row.....

Mugen
05-27-2014, 10:36 PM
I'd love to say it will even out at home but it's the Thunder tbh :lol

dg7md
05-27-2014, 10:37 PM
You have home court. That's the biggest advantage we have going for us. The Thunder are so damn lethal in part due to their fans.

Jenks
05-27-2014, 10:43 PM
You put your body into the guys in the paint, rather than throwing the ball up to them.
They're not even putting Ibaka in position to foul, they run around him and then lay the ball up for him to swat. Parker looks like he's going out of his way to not put people in foul trouble, while Westbrook is throwing his body into anyone he can find. Finesse will not beat this team (which also means Splitter is completely useless this series). Pound the ball into them or don't bother showing up.

spurraider21
05-27-2014, 10:44 PM
i lost my shit when westbrook did that slow euro step, walked into cojo, burped up a shot and got freebies

Skull-1
05-27-2014, 10:46 PM
theres no way spurs lose 3 in a row.....

Lost four in a row in 2012. All four this season. Nine straight on the road. Yeah, there's no way they can lose three in a row this series... Ahem.

tim_duncan_fan
05-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Attack the basket.

Don't pass up wide-open shots.

Make a jumper every once in a while.

And when it's the playoffs: Make a fucking contested shot. It's the goddamned playoffs. Quit looking for excuses to miss and follow through even when defended. Fucking pussies.

Attack the basket even when there is a big guy there.

Attack the basket.

Don't be scared to attack the basket.

Aggressively try to get a close shot.

Maybe run really, really fast and try to get a shot at the rim.

Draw fouls on the other team's big men by testing them in the paint.

Try to dunk on fools.

Run to the basket really hard.

Attack the rim.

Maybe make a jumpshot sometimes.

Don't shoot bad 3s during a run by the Thunder with 20 secs left on the shot clock.

Attack the basket.

Try to get to the hoop.

Attack the rim.

Don't be live-in-boyfriend having, cheating pretend-wife cuckolded pussies.

Try to get close shots at the rim.

Take the open shot and make the ball go in the hoop when you shoot it.

And this might be a little experimental, a little crazy, and a little unorthodox, but I think the Spurs should try to attack the basket more.

KawhiLeonard
05-27-2014, 10:54 PM
james harden is up there but westbroke is in a league of his own i had to shut if off midway through the 3rd.

Agloco
05-27-2014, 11:13 PM
You put your body into the guys in the paint, rather than throwing the ball up to them.
They're not even putting Ibaka in position to foul, they run around him and then lay the ball up for him to swat. Parker looks like he's going out of his way to not put people in foul trouble, while Westbrook is throwing his body into anyone he can find. Finesse will not beat this team (which also means Splitter is completely useless this series). Pound the ball into them or don't bother showing up.

This. I've been thinking the same thing all series long honestly. There's absolutely no system in place on the Spurs part to take advantage of a player in foul trouble or to get key players in foul trouble. They need to attack Ibaka relentlessly.

slick'81
05-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Stop playing scared it's like the spurs forgot how to play a team that has a shot blocker

Chomag
05-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Not going to get many calls if you dont attack...just saying

RD2191
05-27-2014, 11:22 PM
You folks do realize that we aren't playing just any team, right? THEY WON'T CALL THE FOUL ON IBAKA OR ANY THUNDER PLAYER IN THE PAINT. That's why our players look so demoralized. This series is just as much about the no calls than the calls. Unless Lebron suits up for the Spurs we aren't getting calls while driving to the rack! Our only hope is to beat them from the outside like the Clips were doing before they choked the series away. They went crazy from 3 in the games they won against OKC.