PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who still thinks we are gonna win this series?

Virgil
05-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Next game is ours. OKC is chicken shit, they´ll panic in game 6.

Spurs will win in 6 games, as predicted by a lot of people.

End of story...

Go fuck your mothers, faggots!

jag
05-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes

Budkin
05-27-2014, 10:40 PM
I do.

RD2191
05-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Wouldn't a faggot fuck his father and not his mother?

xellos88330
Nope. There is still a lot that Popovich can do. The real question is will he do it.

dg7md
I don't know how you're so confident. I mean, yeah, our bench guys really brought it in the second half, but to think that they are not able to beat us at home is just delusion.

Yeah, I think we'll win, I don't know why, but I do. But I think it goes 7 if this trend continues, and a game 7 versus OKC might be too much to take.

HemisfairArena
05-27-2014, 10:42 PM
We all know Popovich is a joke and we are done. Se ries Over.

Darius Bieber
05-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes. This series is over.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Spurs win next two and finish in 6.

RD2191
Nope. There is still a lot that Popovich can do. The real question is will he do it.
Really? Has he been hiding it for the last 3 seasons?

Virgil
05-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Spurs must get it in their head to stop playing like scared school children and stick with The System if that is the game plan.

Go at Ibaka's chest to neutralize his shot blocking. Try to get fouls on him. This "helpless child" act by the Spurs only leads to the 2012 Redux result.

DesignatedT
Home team wins every game.

Mugen
It's frustrating. Sure the Thunder are much better athletically but the way the Spurs play, i think the biggest advantage for OKC is the mental aspect. They put Ibaka on this pedestal and won't even sniff the rim for periods of time when he's in the game. They're literally the only team that plays that way against OKC tbh

BillMc
05-27-2014, 10:45 PM
I think we'll win the series, but it'll be in 7

Darius Bieber

Boom.

TheGoldStandard
Spurs are done unless Pop steps down and Duncan retires. What would be funny is if some other coach came in and figured out how to beat OKC in a heartbeat.. Shit if Memphis could take them 7 games.. I mean come on

Virgil
05-27-2014, 10:47 PM
They should take the ball right at Ibaka. Don't go away from him, go at him. That's how you deal with shot blockers.

siraulo23
05-27-2014, 10:47 PM
If the spurs play with a sense of urgency and not a bunch of wuss, yeah i think theyll get game 5

Otherwise, backdoor sweep

ElNono
05-27-2014, 10:49 PM
We're winning this series...

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Prime Time
05-27-2014, 10:49 PM
How were people around here after Game 4 vs. 'LA back in 03, or Game 4 vs. Seattle in '05?

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 10:50 PM
This series is over. Eurofags single handily gave OKC the momentum

Darius Bieber
How were people around here after Game 4 vs. 'LA back in 03, or Game 4 vs. Seattle in '05?

Fans believed in those teams because those teams were built on defense and didn't choke. This Spurs team now is liable to choke away any lead and get blown out. That's the difference.

wildchild

He won't but ...we definitely have enough to still win this series. :flag:

dualmax
05-27-2014, 10:51 PM
I have little doubt (1%) but 99% confident we going to take it.

weebo
05-27-2014, 10:52 PM

'bout the same

DieHardSpursFan1537
I still believe but Game 5 will determine the series outcome tbh

Jenks
They should take the ball right at Ibaka. Don't go away from him, go at him. That's how you deal with shot blockers.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gotta stop with the layups and floaters and start putting your body into people. The finesse shit will not work for the rest of this series. "I want some nasty"

Prime Time
05-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Fans believed in those teams because those teams were built on defense and didn't choke. This Spurs team now is liable to choke away any lead and get blown out. That's the difference.
Really? I find that hard to believe.. losing 2 in a row to a team who whopped Spurs ass 2 years in a row (referring to the '03 Lakers) doesn't seem like something any fan could have faith in.

xellos88330

I'm not Pop so I can't answer that. It all depends on whether or not he will make the adjustments or not.

I would at least start Diaw. Why? Diaw can play inside and outside. Splitter can't shoot (or isn't allowed to shoot jumpers) and this makes Duncan the primary screener taking him out of rebound position should a shot be launched. Duncan is dangerous in the paint so it would make the help defense hesitant to step out to stop a potential drive. If the Thunder insist on switching the pick and roll, this will give Diaw the opportunity to play from the high post position and shoot over or play with his back against the basket against the ball handlers defender. Diaw also is an excellent passer and ball handler both on the perimeter and the post. Much better than Splitter. Diaw also appears to be more mobile and stronger than Splitter so defensively he could potentially cause problems for the Thunder defensively. If aggressive Boris is on the court, then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs pull off the win and put a nice icepack on the Thunder heads. It also helps with the bench rotation by bringing Splitter and/or Baynes off the bench to match up with Adams. I would prefer Baynes because his screens are very solid and allow for space to be created on the pick. This just isn't a good series for Tiago to have the same amount of minutes.

HI-FI
I'll never say anything is over until it's over.

Spurs could blow out Thunder the next game. The two biggest issues are the officiating, which is OKC's calling card, and Parker being a pussy as usual. There are some other factors but I don't know how Pop fixes this. I thought Parker would come out on fire after his comments but should've figured he is what he is.

Still, I liked the fire from CoJo and I still think guys like him we'll step up more so at home.

Splits
05-27-2014, 10:56 PM
I said it in the game thread, the series is eerily similar to the 2008 series against the Whorenets. Games 1-6 were all blowouts for the home team, game 7 was a nailbiter the Spurs pulled out. Difference this year is we had to win game 7 on the road and this year it is at home. Series doesn't start until a road team wins, and in this series I see the series not starting. Spurs in 7.

ElNono
05-27-2014, 10:56 PM

Spurs could blow out Thunder the next game. The two biggest issues are the officiating, which is OKC's calling card, and Parker being a pussy as usual. There are some other factors but I don't know how Pop fixes this. I thought Parker would come out on fire after his comments but should've figured he is what he is.

Still, I liked the fire from CoJo and I still think guys like him we'll step up more so at home.

:lol watch it, EVAY will have a word with you

Russ
05-27-2014, 10:57 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Venti Quattro
:lmao So many cliff-jumping threads

The Spurs are not down 1-3, they still have home court. They have the advantage until OKC beats them in SA.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Whoever said take the ball to Ibaka, yes, AND......gotta pass when going at Ibaka. Ibaka cheats on defense and he was constantly leaving his man open under the hoop. Duncan and Diaw and whoever is attacking them rim needs to recognize that and pass to the open man down low. Plus, we need to find a way to get Kawhi to the hoop.

DarrinS
This series is over. Eurofags single handily gave OKC the momentum

Stop hating on Tony and Boris.

jag
05-27-2014, 10:58 PM
:lmao the Spurs are not down 1-3, they still have home court

IT'S FUCKING OVER!

$pursDynasty
05-27-2014, 10:59 PM
I still believe we can do it but we must have game 5.

HI-FI
05-27-2014, 11:00 PM
:lol watch it, EVAY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4443) will have a word with you
:lol

I actually refrained making any comments from his recent interview, where he was "edgy" and "focused". I genuinely hope for the best. Oh well, should've figured he would disappear and start thinking of Team France in the summers again.

I loved that CoJo showed up. Maybe that will light a fire under Parker's ass.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Stop hating on Tony and Boris.
No lie that was funny. But no I meant Tiago, Belinelli, Splitter, and that Brazilian big man

ElNono
:lol

I actually refrained making any comments from his recent interview, where he was "edgy" and "focused". I genuinely hope for the best. Oh well, should've figured he would disappear and start thinking of Team France in the summers again.

I loved that CoJo showed up. Maybe that will light a fire under Parker's ass.

:lol I did make a comment, and had EVAY regulating shortly after... I love Tony, I still think he'll bounce back

timtonymanu
Of course they can, but they need to get over the mental advantage that OKC seems to have on them. Joseph and Bonner can't be your best players in a playoff game.

UZER
05-27-2014, 11:02 PM
They're is a lot pop can use from the second half of this game as adjustments against OKC. But, we know he will wad up that piece of footage and throw is in the trash. He'll then proceed to say "just keep doing what we do".

With that said, I'm actually pretty optimistic about the series. The OKC starters are playing way too many minutes.

therealtruth
05-27-2014, 11:57 PM
They're is a lot pop can use from the second half of this game as adjustments against OKC. But, we know he will wad up that piece of footage and throw is in the trash. He'll then proceed to say "just keep doing what we do".

With that said, I'm actually pretty optimistic about the series. The OKC starters are playing way too many minutes.

I agree. I think the adjustments are mainly rotation and minutes and defensive assignments like the Mav series. No need to make major changes.

TheGoldStandard
05-27-2014, 11:59 PM

They're only exerting energy on the offensive end really, they don't defend extremely well all they do is let there bigs kill the ball movement.

Baynes
05-28-2014, 12:02 AM
hi

UZER
05-28-2014, 12:03 AM
I agree. I think the adjustments are mainly rotation and minutes and defensive assignments like the Mav series. No need to make major changes.

Adjustments are going old school and posting up with a two man game, inside out. Stop fucking running all this pick in roll shit where everyone ends up right under that basket with three defenders around them. Give dudes some space to work.

spurs10
05-28-2014, 12:14 AM
I think we will win and I'm damn glad we have hca.

TheGoldStandard
05-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Adjustments are going old school and posting up with a two man game, inside out. Stop fucking running all this pick in roll shit where everyone ends up right under that basket with three defenders around them. Give dudes some space to work.

Tiago can't post shit, Diaw will have a good look a pass out of it.. We are going to have to rely on old ass Duncan to do something meaningful and that's not spin into the paint with 3 defenders and hope to shoot over Ibake and Perkins or face up and get blocked going to the basket.. He needs to put on some moves then, dance and go over the opposite shoulder or get them leaning.

UZER
05-28-2014, 12:19 AM
Tiago can't post shit, Diaw will have a good look a pass out of it.. We are going to have to rely on old ass Duncan to do something meaningful and that's not spin into the paint with 3 defenders and hope to shoot over Ibake and Perkins or face up and get blocked going to the basket.. He needs to put on some moves then, dance and go over the opposite shoulder or get them leaning.

I'm not talking about splitter. Diaw can do work when given space. He did work on Ibaka when given a one on one opportunity. Ibakas strength is helping, not one one one. And when you post, you put him on an island taking away his help ability.

slick'81
05-28-2014, 12:20 AM
I know I'm in the minority here but I'd like the spurs to beat okc once just once with ibaka playing

TheGoldStandard
05-28-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm not talking about splitter. Diaw can do work when given space. He did work on Ibaka when given a one on one opportunity. Ibakas strength is helping, not one one one. And when you post, you put him on an island taking away his help ability.

Diaw is too passive.. haven't seen a consistent Diaw being aggressive to believe he can be a difference maker when the game is in hand.

UZER
05-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Diaw is too passive.. haven't seen a consistent Diaw being aggressive to believe he can be a difference maker when the game is in hand.

Diaw is passive when he's get the ball at the top of the key and is forced to drive. When he's given room to post he can do some damage.

ezau
05-28-2014, 12:26 AM

Thunder would just clog the paint if you go to post-ups exclusively.

Rapper
05-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Thank you the San Antonio Spurs.for their fantastic 2013/2014 season

Thank you Timmy Thank you Manu and Thank you Tony.

UZER
05-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Thunder would just clog the paint if you go to post-ups exclusively.

Not when you send the other three guys to the other side of the court. The defensive rules makes them clear the paint area. It's not for the entire game. It's just to keep them honest on a few possessions.

Biernutz
05-28-2014, 12:30 AM
I think we can do it but we have to win every game by 20...
We have to take the game out of the ref's hands

heyheymymy
05-28-2014, 12:31 AM
just gotta protect home court, it's up to the spurs to increase the sense of urgency

DMC
05-28-2014, 12:36 AM

Parker won the JV league MVP over the summer so he think's he already has the title, and this silly NBA thing is just a distraction from his real talent, rapping and running night clubs.

Rapper
05-28-2014, 12:37 AM
I know Thunder is the better team even you dont want to admit, they are young they are sexy they are boss.

there is no such thing that spurs in 6 or spurs in 7.

DMC
05-28-2014, 12:38 AM
just gotta protect home court, it's up to the spurs to increase the sense of urgency

When you're in the conference finals and you're up 2-0, and you need someone to tell you about the urgency to crank up the pressure, you're really just going through the motions, not in it to win it. The Spurs are going through the motions. They act like they got chewed out and became afraid to fail instead of eager to win. Each person was deferring as much as possible, except Tim who was used like a dirty cum rag.

DMC
05-28-2014, 12:39 AM
I know Thunder is the better team even you dont want to admit, they are young they are sexy they are boss.

there is ni such thing that spurs in 6 or spurs in 7.

Shut up, faggot.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeah of course I believe they'll win, although it may take all 7 games now.

slick'81
05-28-2014, 12:43 AM
After last season I said I wouldn't doubt the spurs again so yes spurs in 7

Rapper
05-28-2014, 12:44 AM
Dear all spurs fans

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they lost the game 3 and 4. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the championship

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

Rapper

Horry Hipcheck
05-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Despite another couple of horrendous games, just like the last time these two played, I think the Spurs respond this time. My confidence in that has wavered substantially, mostly because veterans like Duncan and Manu responded to getting face fucked in Game 3 by getting face fucked in Game 4. If OKC takes Game 5 in SA, they'll win the series. Spurs in 7, otherwise. But I only believe that because I just refuse to accept another back door sweep two out of three years. Statistics and history still favor the Spurs but that's no reason to feel comfortable at this point. Just don't lose at home.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 12:59 AM
The Spurs HAVE to win Game 5 right? I mean it's hard to win 3 games in a row in the Playoffs, let alone in the Conf. Finals against a team like the Spurs. The Spurs are due for a good night. They looked like shit against Dallas almost the entire series (Even in wins), until Game 7. They're gonna have to come out with that same Game 7 mentality and energy that they had against Dallas..

Manudona
05-28-2014, 01:40 AM

http://www.sdakotabirds.com/feathers_and_folly/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/mission_accomplished.jpg

szkorhetz
05-28-2014, 02:03 AM
Series is over. Popovich overthinks, everyone is scared as fuck from Ibaka, shot's aren't falling, no D, no chance to stop them. It's 2012 all over again.

Ibaka's return singlehandedly stole our chances to go back to the Finals. We fucking have no answer for them.

Rapper
05-28-2014, 02:40 AM
Shut up, faggot.

The truth hurts

Darius McCrary
05-28-2014, 02:45 AM
YyfdfbfPSXA

Virgil
05-31-2014, 10:52 PM
I hate to be always right.