PDA

View Full Version : Splitter is not for this series

$pursDynasty
05-27-2014, 10:53 PM
He isn't useful on defense, doesn't block shots, doesn't rebound well enough but worse of all, his over all tentativeness and lack of offensive game basically allows Ibaka to camp in the lane to block shots. I say start Bobo, and make a concerted effort to get some fouls on Serge early, Bobo has a bad full of tricks use them to get Serge out of the game early. That would be my first quarter offensive mindset. When Serge isn't in the game we have shown what we can do to them. Not hating on Tiago, he might be useful against the Heat and was useful earlier in the playoffs, but like Pop said about Baynes, he wasn't for one series but useful in the next. Splitter is a liability against the Thunder.

slick'81
05-27-2014, 10:54 PM
But he has great hands

TheGoldStandard
05-27-2014, 10:55 PM
He will be equally useless if we get lucky enough to play the heat next series

05-27-2014, 10:55 PM
He'll be just as worthless against Miami--if they even get that far.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2014, 10:59 PM
I hope Pop has a Spurstalk account... B. U. M. P

cjw
05-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Been saying it since game 3, with Ibaka back Splitter basically lets him roam the paint given his lack of range and the fact Duncan isn't stretching the floor. I think you have to swap Diaw into the lineup and play Splitter with him or Leonard at the 4. Seeing Bonner tonight made it very clear that he's useless against a team that gives him no space, so he's not an option there.

I'd consider more CoJo minutes and stagger Parker's minutes so he sees more time with a gimp RJax and less with Ibaka out there.

itzsoweezee
05-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Said the same thing before the game. Splitter can't be on the floor with Duncan this series.

hommeaetage
05-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Didn't Splitter used to have a 13-15ft jumper back in Europe? Why have not they even attempted to develop it?

timtonymanu
05-27-2014, 11:08 PM
It's been obvious for a while that Splitter isn't much of a factor against OKC/Miami.

Diaw should be dominating this series though, but has been just as awful as Splitter except for the garbage time (lol) stretch.

ElNono
05-27-2014, 11:09 PM
He was great until Game 3...

Nathan89
05-27-2014, 11:11 PM
He'll be just as worthless against Miami--if they even get that far.

He'll do better vs the Heat if we win this series. He'll still be frustrating but he is worse against the Thunder. He's been playing with a full diaper since Ibaka came back.

slick'81
05-27-2014, 11:12 PM
He was great until Game 3...
... Then ibaka happend

weebo
05-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Diaw needs to start next game or come in earlier. Bonner/Splitter should split minutes. The spurse need to pull congo monkey away from the paint so our pansy ass basketball players can sniff the rim.

heyheymymy
05-27-2014, 11:33 PM
splitter looked great in games 1 and 2, ibaka is in everyones head right now.

therealtruth
05-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Didn't Splitter used to have a 13-15ft jumper back in Europe? Why have not they even attempted to develop it?

Pop hates long 2's.

hommeaetage
05-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Pop hates long 2's.

Oh yeah? A long 2 would take the rim protector out of the pain though

TheGreatYacht
05-28-2014, 01:17 AM
http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/analyzing-the-loss-spurs-92-thunder-105-series-tied-2-2.html

I'm on my iphone, but there's a crazy stat about Splitter making the Spurs worse when he's on the court this series

ezau
05-28-2014, 02:10 AM
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but Bonner would be a better big off the bench than Splitter if Diaw starts. Splitter needs to develop a consistent midrange game if he wants to see more court time in the future.

dg7md
05-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Start Diaw at PF, Duncan at C. We'd have a lot more options if we did that.

ElNono
05-28-2014, 02:19 AM
I mentioned the Splitter emasculation after Game 3, and it's unfortunate it's turning into a trend. He is too important in what we do and Diaw can't play 48 mins.

It really is all about manning up, embracing and overcoming the challenge.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Real talk he needs to throw better pump fakes. Throw longer, more deliberate pump fakes when he's near the rim. Ibaka doesn't bite on his subtle jump fakes anymore.

DD
05-28-2014, 02:33 AM
Somebody in the NBA Forum foresaw this before the series started. Smart fella, that poster

rascal
05-28-2014, 04:48 AM
Splitter is too slow.

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Diaw and or Ginobili should start Game 5.

Starting Diaw gives multiple benefits, & I think that may be a more realistic option. Manu is in a nice rhythm coming off the bench.

1- Draws Ibaka away from the basket
2- Spreads the floor, which will improve ball flow and passing
3- Another ball handler on the court who can create off the dribble if he catches it with the shot clock running down
4- Running the P&R with Parker will create a mis-match for Diaw with either Jackson or WB on him, or it will put Ibaka on TP which again puts Ibaka away from the basket.
5- Adds another offensive threat. Can't rely on Parker to be in full on attack mode like he was against Portland, for whatever reason. So we need more offense and attacking desperately.

Bonner starting sneakily could provide similar benefits like spreading the floor and getting Ibaka away from the basket. Not another ball handler, but spreading the floor. I think Pop has to make an adjustment, we can't have the starting lineup continue to get outplayed like they have been.

Gino-Step
05-28-2014, 08:44 AM
You're precisely right. It's not about the Starters not being intense enough or not wanting to win. The lineup itself is fucking flawed once OKC removed all their scrubs in Collison and Thefolosha with athletes in Ibaka and Jackson. Need to counter that with more athleticism and court spacing.

rascal
05-28-2014, 08:47 AM
You're precisely right. It's not about the Starters not being intense enough or not wanting to win. The lineup itself is fucking flawed once OKC removed all their scrubs in Collison and Thefolosha with athletes in Ibaka and Jackson. Need to counter that with more athleticism and court spacing.

Good post here.

rascal
05-28-2014, 08:49 AM
It is about time the Spurs get some athleticism on the team and stop going for over the hill vets and players with no hops .

They are getting schooled by athleticism.

Trill Clinton
05-28-2014, 09:00 AM
splitter would be fine if he finished around the rim with more power. those baby hook shots are not cuttin' ithttp://i61.tinypic.com/10yo2u0.png

more diaw and in some cases even baynes and bonner would be better.