PDA

View Full Version : Truth is 25 teams in the NBA don't care about winning

Gino-Step
05-28-2014, 12:41 AM
This is the truth.

The players that ended up in these cities were cause they either had no choice (Drafted in the lottery), were chasing the fat contracts ie Gary Neal, or just loving the millions they are making, chasing honeys and fast cars and working with their agents on their next contract.

Players on these 25 teams have no interest in studying a game plan to stop the ball movement that is the Spurs. These teams have new coaches every other year, and their rosters are raw, and have high turnover year to year.

These 25 teams are not going to be able to match the "corporate knowledge" of the Spurs... so yes the Spurs can trod out there some 38 year old to run the same old plays and always 'trick' these 25 teams with cute passing and cutting - resulting in a Tim Duncan layup.

That shit ain't there when you get to the final 5 teams.

So yeah, if the Spurs wanted to win 60 games every year, they can keep doing it. But at some point, guys are going to stop buying into a system of 'self sacrifice' for the betterment of the team if they come to the realisation that it isn't going to result in a championship. You stop getting players to play for less money, less ego etc.

This is the Spurs last year to try to win. Beyond that, good luck convincing Kawhi to buy into the 'system'.

When it comes down to a trip to the finals or a championship on the line, the top teams focus and the Spurs 'system' can be exposed by watching tape and knowing the plays. Whereas you aint going to stop a LeBron drive or Durant fadeaway by watching tape.

End of Story.

Aremid
05-28-2014, 12:46 AM
I love you. Been saying it all along we don't have enough talent to win.

InRareForm
05-28-2014, 12:46 AM
http://uturncrossfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/wait-what.jpg

davidbowie
05-28-2014, 12:49 AM
holy fuck that depressed the hell out of me

DMC
05-28-2014, 12:59 AM
This is the truth.

The players that ended up in these cities were cause they either had no choice (Drafted in the lottery), were chasing the fat contracts ie Gary Neal, or just loving the millions they are making, chasing honeys and fast cars and working with their agents on their next contract.

Players on these 25 teams have no interest in studying a game plan to stop the ball movement that is the Spurs. These teams have new coaches every other year, and their rosters are raw, and have high turnover year to year.

These 25 teams are not going to be able to match the "corporate knowledge" of the Spurs... so yes the Spurs can trod out there some 38 year old to run the same old plays and always 'trick' these 25 teams with cute passing and cutting - resulting in a Tim Duncan layup.

That shit ain't there when you get to the final 5 teams.

So yeah, if the Spurs wanted to win 60 games every year, they can keep doing it. But at some point, guys are going to stop buying into a system of 'self sacrifice' for the betterment of the team if they come to the realisation that it isn't going to result in a championship. You stop getting players to play for less money, less ego etc.

This is the Spurs last year to try to win. Beyond that, good luck convincing Kawhi to buy into the 'system'.

When it comes down to a trip to the finals or a championship on the line, the top teams focus and the Spurs 'system' can be exposed by watching tape and knowing the plays. Whereas you aint going to stop a LeBron drive or Durant fadeaway by watching tape.

End of Story.

Well said and very true. It's been true even before 2007. The Spurs have been the beneficiaries of some incredible luck and some quirky ass queer officiating and league decisions. They had no business in the Finals last year.

Kawhi will likely go elsewhere for more money if he can, because although Spurs assistant coaches become head coaches quite often, Spurs role players never do real well on other teams.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 01:11 AM
Well said and very true. It's been true even before 2007. The Spurs have been the beneficiaries of some incredible luck and some quirky ass queer officiating and league decisions. They had no business in the Finals last year.

Kawhi will likely go elsewhere for more money if he can, because although Spurs assistant coaches become head coaches quite often, Spurs role players never do real well on other teams.

No business in the Finals? Please. It's not their fault Westbrook got hurt. Injuries happen, and the Spurs just happened to take advantage of that last year and made the Finals. Shit it's not like they got swept in the Finals either, they had it won in Game 6 until some shit luck occurred. Last year's Finals were the best Finals since the Lakers-Celtics Finals 7 game series in 2010.

therealtruth
05-28-2014, 01:33 AM
The Spurs need more guys that are long and athletic. Green, Kawhi, Daye. You've got to fight fire with fire.

Gino-Step
05-28-2014, 01:36 AM
The Spurs need more guys that are long and athletic. Green, Kawhi, Daye. You've got to fight fire with fire.

Yep. Time to retire Duncan and get rid of Parker. Those 2 are the opposite of long and athletic.

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 01:41 AM

Daye is too late to integrate at this point. Game 5 will tilt the balance of the conference

Nathan89
05-28-2014, 02:16 AM

Daye is not athletic.

therealtruth
05-28-2014, 04:50 AM
Daye is too late to integrate at this point. Game 5 will tilt the balance of the conference

That's why Scott Brooks is playing Jeremy Lamb even though he wasn't playing before. SB is pulling out all the stops to beat the Spurs. Meanwhile Pop is just going to blame it on the players if they lose.

DMC
05-28-2014, 09:34 AM
No business in the Finals? Please. It's not their fault Westbrook got hurt. Injuries happen, and the Spurs just happened to take advantage of that last year and made the Finals. Shit it's not like they got swept in the Finals either, they had it won in Game 6 until some shit luck occurred. Last year's Finals were the best Finals since the Lakers-Celtics Finals 7 game series in 2010.

You didn't say anything that I didn't already point out.

cd98
05-28-2014, 10:30 AM
It's true that a certain number of teams made little effort to win this year, i.e. tanking for a high draft pick. I think all the playoff team records are a little inflated. I don't think this is close to our best season despite the 60 wins. A prime Duncan team beats this one.

heyheymymy
05-28-2014, 11:38 AM
it always gets harder once you're in the final 4. you won't find a weak ass magic team there to beat up on.

daslicer
05-28-2014, 11:58 AM
it always gets harder once you're in the final 4. you won't find a weak ass magic team there to beat up on.

Disagree I look at the 5 times the spurs advanced in the WCF and it was fairly easy. In '99 the spurs swept the blazers, '03 Spurs took mavs in 6 but there was no doubt the spurs were going to win easily, '05 Spurs take Suns out in 5, '07 Spurs take out Jazz in 5, last year the spurs swept. This is just a bad match up and the OP is a retard for dismissing the spurs achievements this year. This is the only team the spurs have trouble matching up with so that statement of 4 or 5 teams being better then the spurs is asinine. If only 1 team can take your squad out you still play the regular season and playoffs and hope for the best because its not guaranteed you will face that team granted in the spurs case they didn't luck out this time but I have no problems with them gunning for the best record. They put themselves in the best position possible to have a chance. The odds are against them they are playing a superstar who is in his prime and an inflated all-star PG who gets a bunch of bs calls. I will not be angry if they lose this series since its an uphill battle.

heyheymymy
05-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Disagree I look at the 5 times the spurs advanced in the WCF and it was fairly easy. In '99 the spurs swept the blazers, '03 Spurs took mavs in 6 but there was no doubt the spurs were going to win easily, '05 Spurs take Suns out in 5, '07 Spurs take out Jazz in 5, last year the spurs swept. This is just a bad match up and the OP is a retard for dismissing the spurs achievements this year. This is the only team the spurs have trouble matching up with so that statement of 4 or 5 teams being better then the spurs is asinine. If only 1 team can take your squad out you still play the regular season and playoffs and hope for the best because its not guaranteed you will face that team granted in the spurs case they didn't luck out this time but I have no problems with them gunning for the best record. They put themselves in the best position possible to have a chance. The odds are against them they are playing a superstar who is in his prime and an inflated all-star PG who gets a bunch of bs calls. I will not be angry if they lose this series since its an uphill battle.

good point, when you lay all those teams out, spurs have been pretty fortunate to get a some weak WCF matchups in years they rang.

daslicer
05-28-2014, 12:19 PM
good point, when you lay all those teams out, spurs have been pretty fortunate to get a some weak WCF matchups in years they rang.

Usually the conference finals have always been one sided. Look at all the times the Lakers went to the finals with Kobe-Shaq. Only twice did they have a challenging matchup in WCF which was in '00 the Blazers and in '02 the Kings. '01 they swept the spurs, '04 they took out the wolves easily in 6 games, '08 took out an injury riddled spurs team in 5, '09 they took out the nuggets in 6, '10 took out the Suns rather easily in 6. Even look at the Mavs when they advanced out the west twice and who they played. In '06 they took out a suns team without Amare, '11 they played an inexperienced Thunder team and easily dispatched them I think in 6 games. I'm just tired of people diminishing the spurs accomplishments when they lose. If the spurs had prime Duncan they beat this Thunder team in 5 games easily its just that they have tall task in having to go up against a team with the MVP while all 3 of their stars are past their prime. If the spurs somehow find a way to win it all this championship would be the best out of the 5 since they had no superstar while having to take out the 2 best players in the league in Durant,Lebron. Keep in mind its rare a team wins a title without a superstar the last time it happened was the '04 Pistons.

ErnestLynch
05-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Gotta go with 66.66%.

SpurSwag
05-28-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't understand this at all the only team that has shown to really have our number is OKC. We practically beat Miami last year in 6 and they had plenty of time to study us. We have more than enough talent to win one, don't be so depressing. Again, the only team that exposes us is so badly is OKC. But we've taken care of pretty much everyone else the last few years.

BillMc
05-28-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't understand this at all the only team that has shown to really have our number is OKC. We practically beat Miami last year in 6 and they had plenty of time to study us. We have more than enough talent to win one, don't be so depressing. Again, the only team that exposes us is so badly is OKC. But we've taken care of pretty much everyone else the last few years.

This. Even teams like Memphis and Portland, who were trouble at times, we've figured out in recent years. OKC is a bitch, but we're still tied with them and have home court advantage. It ain't over.