PDA

View Full Version : NBA: You have $15 to pick a starting line-up

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 03:08 AM
Just saw this on Twitter, might as well have SpursTalk have a hand at it...

PGs: $5 Magic; $4 Oscar; $3 Isiah; $2 Stockton; $1 Frazier
SG: $5 Mike; $4 Kobe; $3 Jerry; $2 Clyde; $1 D-Wade
SF: $5 LeBron; $4 Larry; $3 Julius; $2 KD; $1 Scottie
PF: $5 Malone; $4 Charles; $3 Tim; $2 Dirk; $1 KG
C: $5 Kareem; $4 Russell; $3 Wilt; $2 Shaq; $1 Hakeem

PG: $5 Magic
SG: $4 Kobe
SF: $2 KD
PF: $3 Tim
C: $1 Hakeem

Arcadian
05-28-2014, 03:13 AM
Why the fuck is Tim cheaper than Charles and Malone? :lol Anyway...

Stockton
Mike
Larry
Tim
Hakeem

ElNono
05-28-2014, 03:21 AM
Mike, Larry, Tim, KD, Hakeem

I would probably take Shaq over KD, but I'm trying not to overload with bigs...

alternate:

Mike, Larry, Tim, Shaq, D-Wade/Scottie

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 03:31 AM
My alternate:

SG: $1 D-Wade
SF: $5 LeBron
PF: $2 Dirk
C: $2 Shaq

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 03:34 AM
Hakeem and Duncan are ridiculous bargains on this scale and should be a staple on every team :lol

Oscar, Jordan, and Durant could round out the roster, or give me Zeke/Stockton with MJ and Durant and keep the change

UNCLE-DREW
05-28-2014, 04:51 AM
$5 Magic
$1 Wade
$5 Lebron
$3 Duncan
$1 Hakeem

This basicly has the best player on his position (arguably center) except Wade who showed he can play off the ball which is needed with a team with 5 all time greats like this.

not including Hakeem or Shaq and Duncan for those prices in any lineup is a complete fail
+ any team with kobe in it is another failure. You see him playing off the ball with ball handlers like lebron and Magic ? :rollin

DD
05-28-2014, 06:32 AM
When I saw the thread title I thought OP might be Russ Brandon

chunticakes
05-28-2014, 06:46 AM
PG: $2 Stockton
SG: $5 Jordan
SF: $1 Pippen
PF: $3 Duncan
C: $1 Olajuwon

Franklin
05-28-2014, 06:50 AM
You guys must hate Duncan to death to want him on the same squad with Magic, tbh.

DD
05-28-2014, 07:23 AM
You guys must hate Duncan to death to want him on the same squad with Magic, tbh.

my nigga:lmao

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 07:38 AM
$5 Magic
$1 Wade
$5 Lebron
$3 Duncan
$1 Hakeem

This basicly has the best player on his position (arguably center) except Wade who showed he can play off the ball which is needed with a team with 5 all time greats like this.

not including Hakeem or Shaq and Duncan for those prices in any lineup is a complete fail
+ any team with kobe in it is another failure. You see him playing off the ball with ball handlers like lebron and Magic ? :rollin

Pretty much this.

jag
05-28-2014, 07:52 AM
I refuse a play any game where Malone and Barkley are valued greater than Tim. I'm a man of principle

mudyez
05-28-2014, 08:13 AM
PG: $5 LeBron
SG: $5 Mike
SF: $1 Scottie

I don't care if this is called cheating.

This is the starting lineup I'd start to face the aliens anyway (if you read TBOB).

ffadicted
05-28-2014, 09:02 AM

lmao @ tim and Hakeem price, ez pics

PG: $2 - Stockton
SG: $5 - Mike
SF: $2 - Durant
PF: $3 - Tim
C: $1 - Hakeem

Two bucks to spare

Double-Up
05-28-2014, 09:19 AM
lol at shortchanging Hakeem.

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Lol at the off ball stuff in hypotheticals ...idea is to build best team. Kobe was fine off ball in the Olympics. I think magic mj duncan hakeem is your core and use leftovers on scottie. Though 3pt shooting is iffy magic and scottie can hit set 3s decent enough. Duncan and Hakeem are two of the best post players in league history. Hakeem protects the rim while Tim anchors the middle. Both have mid range for spacing. Magic makes sure the offense clicks and the GOAT takes the crunch shots a defensive line-up with Pip, Hakeem, Tim and MJ is unbeatable tbh even with Magics iffy defense.

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Mj $5
Magic $5
Pippen $1
Duncan $3
Hakeem $1

Perfect squad.

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:17 AM
I hate not taking LeBron but magic gives you James passing, Pippen his defense and MJ his dominance.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2014, 11:28 AM
I refuse a play any game where Malone and Barkley are valued greater than Tim. I'm a man of principle

This.

sexinthatsx
05-28-2014, 11:44 AM
$5 Magic
$5 Jordan
$1 Pippen
$3 Duncan
$1 Hakeem

Seefourdc
05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
PG: $5 LeBron
SG: $5 Mike
SF: $1 Scottie

I don't care if this is called cheating.

This is the starting lineup I'd start to face the aliens anyway (if you read TBOB).

This is the smartest post on here. Why would anyone take Magic Johnson when you could just put Lebron in the same spot for the same price?! Magic is huge and not really a PG just like Lebron. He just played in a different era in regard to his "position."

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:50 AM
This is the smartest post on here. Why would anyone take Magic Johnson when you could just put Lebron in the same spot for the same price?! Magic is huge and not really a PG just like Lebron. He just played in a different era in regard to his "position."
The rules say (from the original site) you must draft one player at each position, geniuses half the teams don't work.

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Go to ball is life to see original source.

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:52 AM
$5 Magic
$5 Jordan
$1 Pippen
$3 Duncan
$1 Hakeem
Exactly what I chose btw

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:53 AM

No it was not ...If you are following the "exercise"

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Exactly what I chose btw

It also includes 3 of the GOAT at their positions plus two of the greatest defenders I ever saw at the other two spots.

Buddy Mignon
05-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Why the fuck is Tim cheaper than Charles and Malone? :lol Anyway...

Stockton
Mike
Larry
Tim
Hakeem

Because Barkley and Malone are better players... just check their stats.

sexinthatsx
05-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Exactly what I chose btw

Magic for the all around performance and passing abilites
Jordan for closing out games and scoring at will
Pippen for the rebounding and dirty work (always have to have someone do the dirty work)
Duncan for the post-up moves and spacing the floor on the midrange
Hakeem for the dominant interior presence

There no better combo imo

8FOR!3
05-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon

The only thing that concerns me is that there are no deadeye shooters in that lineup. Other than that it's about perfect.

Technique
05-28-2014, 02:05 PM
PG: $1 Frazier

Spur-Addict
05-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Walt/MJ/Bron/TD/Hakeem

Dex
05-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Mj $5
Magic $5
Pippen $1
Duncan $3
Hakeem $1

Perfect squad.

This right here.

Tall as shit. MJ/Pippen duo. Duncan and Hakeem patrolling the paint, and Magic orchestrating.

Unstoppable.

Double-Up
05-28-2014, 03:00 PM
PG: $1 Frazier

White pants? Priceless...

ambchang
05-28-2014, 03:33 PM
PG - Magic $5 (Too much of a drop off from Magic to the rest. I would consider going $2 for Stockton, but then the gain from Scottie to Bird is not really worth it)
SG - MJ $5 (Too much of a drop off from MJ to the rest)
SF - Pippen $1 (Would consider moving up if I drop Magic for Stockton)
PF - Duncan $3 (Stupid not to take him at the price)
C - Hakeem $1 (Stupid not to take him at the price)

I guess the only alternate I have is have Stockton and Bird instead of Magic and Scottie.

This starting five has everything, scoring, passing, perimeter defense, interior defense, off the ball defense, intangibles, players willing to take a back seat (except MJ). Now just put in Daly as a coach, and you are set.

jimbo
05-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Duncan/Hakeem being so undervalued makes this shit pointless. :lol at Bill Russell being 4 points.

If I could get CP3 for 0 points, I'd do that all day. I want a PG that can actually spread the floor if needed.

PG: CP3
SG: Jordan
SF: Lebron
PF: Duncan
C: Hakeem

or if I could get Ray Allen for 0 or 1. Three would be my choice if I had to stick to the script, but I'd rather have a deadeye/clutch shooter if needed. The fast breaks with this lineup would be just amazing to watch.

PG: Magic
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Lebron
C: Hakeem

If you weren't limited by position and without doing the Hakeem/Duncan combo,

PG: Lebron
SF: Durant
PF: KG
C: Shaq

Dirk/Hakeem is the other option, but I like the ability to have a guy out there you don't need to really run plays for (KG). He's also the best passer outta the guys listed and is nearly as good a defender as Hakeem. Dirk spreads the floor, but Shaq gives you a much better inside/out game.

Durant is there because I want at least one pure shooter on the team. (Although Bron/Jordan/Pippen/KG/Wilt would be ridiculous as hell too without doing Duncan/Hakeem.)

So tbh this team can't be beat if we're not following the rules. Too much defense and just enough shooting.

Bron
Jordan
Pippen
Duncan
Hakeem

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 07:34 PM
PG - Magic $5 (Too much of a drop off from Magic to the rest. I would consider going $2 for Stockton, but then the gain from Scottie to Bird is not really worth it)
SG - MJ $5 (Too much of a drop off from MJ to the rest)
SF - Pippen $1 (Would consider moving up if I drop Magic for Stockton)
PF - Duncan $3 (Stupid not to take him at the price)
C - Hakeem $1 (Stupid not to take him at the price)

I guess the only alternate I have is have Stockton and Bird instead of Magic and Scottie.

This starting five has everything, scoring, passing, perimeter defense, interior defense, off the ball defense, intangibles, players willing to take a back seat (except MJ). Now just put in Daly as a coach, and you are set.
i know when you have players of this caliber, its nit-picking, but that team has no outside shooting threat at all, which could make the stockton-bird combo a better fit in this case

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 07:45 PM
$5 Magic
$1 Wade
$5 Lebron
$3 Duncan
$1 Hakeem

One of the worst teams you could put together

You have No go to Scorers and 1 dominate defender. The 1996 Bulls might defeat your Dream 5 in a 7-game series.

Leetonidas
05-28-2014, 07:50 PM
If I can mess with positions...

LeBron
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Duncan

Leetonidas
05-28-2014, 07:51 PM
If not then I'll take:

Stockton
Wade
Durant
Duncan
Shaq

jimbo
05-28-2014, 07:55 PM
One of the worst teams you could put together

You have No go to Scorers and 1 dominate defender. The 1996 Bulls might defeat your Dream 5 in a 7-game series.

Hakeem and Duncan are both dominate defenders... In all likelihood, Lebron would be too if he could just focus his energy on that end. (Like he would in an all star team) Wade is probably one of the better defenders at SG too. Second best on the SG list given tbh.

The no "go to scorers" is 100% horseshit. Every single one of those guys has had their moments.

HemisfairArena
05-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Didn't look at what the cost is but my lineup would be the top players of All Time at their positions:

SF: LeBron
C: Kareem

money is no object,,,,,

Leetonidas
05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Another couple interesting lineups if positions don't matter:

Ultimate smallball:

PG: Thomas
SG: Durant
SF: Pippen
PF: LeBron
C: Nowitzki

Ultimate tallball:

PG: LeBron
SF: Garnett
PF: Nowitzki

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Didn't look at what the cost is but my lineup would be the top players of All Time at their positions:

SF: LeBron

money is no object,,,,,
The greatest SF of All Time is Bird.

HemisfairArena
05-28-2014, 08:01 PM
The greatest SF of All Time is Bird.

Not anymore

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Not anymore
*Compares career numbers*
*Bird never sidekicked*
*Larry never folded*

No, still looks like he is.

Clipper Nation
05-28-2014, 08:10 PM
*Bird never sidekicked*
*Larry never folded*

LeBron never sidekicked either :lol

1981 Finals: Bird put up 15 PPG on 42% shooting - that's worse than LeBron in 2011.... Bird also lost seven series with homecourt advantage :lol

BatManu20
05-28-2014, 08:12 PM
PG: Lebron $5
SG: Jordan $5
SF: Pippen $1
PF: Tim $3
C: Dream $1

You wouldn't score on this team. Could defend any lineup presented to them. And offensively they would simply overpower you.

HemisfairArena
05-28-2014, 08:21 PM
*Bird never sidekicked*
*Larry never folded*

No, still looks like he is.

Are you kidding?,,,Im getting trolled,,,,no one educated thinks LeBron isnt the best SF of All Time,,,especially if LeBron 3 peats(something Bird never did and Bird only has 3 rings). LeBron is on pace to pass Kareem with most points of All Time,,,and more regular season MVP's than Bird and isn't even 30 yet,,,,LMAO.

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
LeBron never sidekicked either :lol

1981 Finals: Bird put up 15 PPG on 42% shooting - that's worse than LeBron in 2011.... Bird also lost seven series with homecourt advantage :lol
Joining another Star players franchise in your prime = Sidekick

Clipper Nation
05-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Joining another Star players franchise in your prime = Sidekick
Whatever you say, Skip :rolleyes

Cleveland never got him a McHale or a Parrish, or else he wouldn't have left, end of story....

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Are you kidding?,,,Im getting trolled,,,,no one educated thinks LeBron isnt the best SF of All Time,,,especially if LeBron 3 peats(something Bird never did and Bird only has 3 rings). LeBron is on pace to pass Kareem with most points of All Time,,,and more regular season MVP's than Bird and isn't even 30 yet,,,,LMAO.
Larry built the Celtics. James joined another Champions team
On pace. Ofcourse, his empty skull never attended college. Negative points for having low IQ
MVPs are much easier to come by in todays NBA. Who were his main competitors? Mello, Rose, Blake, Curry?

HemisfairArena
05-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Bird had McHale, Parish, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge,,,,dude still couldn't do what LeBron is doing now.

Clipper Nation
05-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Larry built the Celtics.
Larry didn't build shit, he had a good team built around him, unlike the garbage that LeBron was given to work with in Cleveland :lol

Ofcourse, his empty skull never attended college. Negative points for having low IQ
I seem to recall you being one of those dumbasses who ranks Kirby over LeBron.... so Kirby not attending college isn't held against him but for LeBron it is?

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Larry didn't build shit, he had a good team built around him, unlike the garbage that LeBron was given to work with in Cleveland :lol

I seem to recall you being one of those dumbasses who ranks Kirby over LeBron.... so Kirby not attending college isn't held against him but for LeBron it is?
Celtics lost 53 games before Bird joined. Following season won 61 without Parrish or McHale.

Kobe was cultured in Italy. James is ghetto trash, probably can't even read English.

Bird defeated Magic's Lakers, Dr.J's Sixers & Isiah's Pistons. James defeated Hibbert's Pacers.

Killakobe81
05-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon

The only thing that concerns me is that there are no deadeye shooters in that lineup. Other than that it's about perfect.
Agreed

Clipper Nation
05-28-2014, 08:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kT5H9UC.jpg

This was the starting lineup for A FINALS TEAM :lol

Ira Newble :lol
Larry Hughes :lol
Drew Gooden :lol

And people still want to deny the Kang's greatness....

HemisfairArena
05-28-2014, 08:39 PM
No one is saying Bird isn't a bad ass,,,,he was. He had 56 triple/doubles in 13 years,,,,LeBron only has 36 in 11 years. But LeBron has climbed the All Time lists so much faster and on his way to 4 straight Finals appearances which the last team to do it was Bird's Celtics but they didn't 3 peat. Bird has 3 regular season MVP's,,,LeBron already has 4. This dude isn't close to being done. He could retire after this season and it would be an argument Bird vs. LeBron but dude is gonna play at least another 5-7 years barring injury.

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:40 PM
PG: Isiah ($3)
SG: Jordan ($5)
SF: Bird ($4)
PF: KG ($1)
C: Shaq ($2)

- Tons of defense. Ultimate scoring with Shaq & Jordan. Shooting with Bird.

Infinite_limit
05-28-2014, 08:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kT5H9UC.jpg

This was the starting lineup for A FINALS TEAM :lol

Ira Newble :lol
Larry Hughes :lol
Drew Gooden :lol

And people still want to deny the Kang's greatness....
Better than the 2001 Sixers and still didn't win a single game.

Seventyniner
05-28-2014, 09:43 PM
We need to rerun this with Duncan at $5. Makes it a good bit more difficult.

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 09:46 PM
i'll pay luxury tax

Richie
05-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Stockton
Jordan
Larry
Tim
Hakeem

Elite defence, elite post scoring, elite jumpshooting.

da_suns_fan
05-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Hakeem at a buck is ridiculous.

Notice how EVERYONE takes him there at center? Likewise Stockton at 2 bucks is pretty much a "gimme".

Likewise, putting in players like Oscar, Russell and Wilt is stupid. No ones going to pick players that played in the pre-merger NBA. It was a different game and nobody remembers watching them anyway. Even Kareem is a boring pick.

Heres how I would have made the game:

C
5 - Shaq
4 - Hakeem
3 - David Robinson
2 - Patrick Ewing
1 - Dwight Howard

PF

5 - Duncan
4 - Malone
3 - Barkley
2 - KG
1 - Dirk

SF
5 - Lebron
4 - Bird
3 - Durant
2 - Pippen
1 - Pierce

SG
5 - Jordan
4 - Kobe
3 - Dwayne Wade
2 - Allen Iverson
1 - Tracy McGrady

PG
5 - Magic
4 - Stockton
3 - Kidd
2 - Nash
1 - Payton

sexinthatsx
05-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Hakeem at a buck is ridiculous.

Notice how EVERYONE takes him there at center? Likewise Stockton at 2 bucks is pretty much a "gimme".

Likewise, putting in players like Oscar, Russell and Wilt is stupid. No ones going to pick players that played in the pre-merger NBA. It was a different game and nobody remembers watching them anyway. Even Kareem is a boring pick.

Heres how I would have made the game:

C
5 - Shaq
4 - Hakeem
3 - David Robinson
2 - Patrick Ewing
1 - Dwight Howard

PF

5 - Duncan
4 - Malone
3 - Barkley
2 - KG
1 - Dirk

SF
5 - Lebron
4 - Bird
3 - Durant
2 - Pippen
1 - Pierce

SG
5 - Jordan
4 - Kobe
3 - Dwayne Wade
2 - Allen Iverson
1 - Tracy McGrady

PG
5 - Magic
4 - Stockton
3 - Kidd
2 - Nash
1 - Payton

Stockton at 2 is not a gimme. Take away Karl Malone in those years he was with the Jazz and I guarantee you he'll be a crappy miserable player. Karl Malone made John Stockton who he is. Likewise, Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pipper to a certain extent made Michael Jordan who he is.

Aztecfan03
05-28-2014, 11:31 PM
My first thought was Tim, Hakeem, Mike, Scottie, magic. But everyone has already said that.

What about. Stockton, Jordan, Lebron, KG, and Hakeem or Shaq.

Stockton over Isaiah(who is only a buck more) because of better passing/efficiency/defense. Jordan for obvious reasons. Lebron doesn't have to be the guy but is still a threat and play good defense. KG over dirk because with the many options for offense you can't afford to not have a good defender at this position. And anyone but Shaq or hakeem is a waste i think.

Obviously I would want Tim over KG and Magic over Stockton, but just wanted to make a list with Lebron due to his versatility and have no room left for tim when i want to keep Jordan but don't want Frazier because I don't know him really.

Btw, Was Jerry West considered a SG? I just saw him in a greatest PG list just after stockton.

Aztecfan03
05-28-2014, 11:37 PM
If not then I'll take:

Stockton
Wade
Durant
Duncan
Shaq

Why the hell would you take Wade when You have room for Jordan?

Aztecfan03
05-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Another couple interesting lineups if positions don't matter:

Ultimate smallball:

PG: Thomas
SF: Pippen
PF: LeBron
C: Nowitzki

Ultimate tallball:

PG: LeBron
SF: Garnett
PF: Nowitzki

HAHAHA SHouldn't a small ball Center be at least decent on defense?

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 11:40 PM
HAHAHA SHouldn't a small ball Center be at least decent on defense?

Nobody plays small ball for defensive purposes. If so, that's very rarely.

DMC
05-28-2014, 11:42 PM

I see what you did there with Kobe, Kareem and Magic all more expensive than Tim, and putting Tim after Karl and Charles, but no. Just hope your team gets a decent 7th overall pick.

Aztecfan03
05-28-2014, 11:45 PM
We need to rerun this with Duncan at $5. Makes it a good bit more difficult.

Then I would definitely go Stockton, Jordan, Lebron, KG, Hakeem/SHaq.

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Stockton at 2 is not a gimme. Take away Karl Malone in those years he was with the Jazz and I guarantee you he'll be a crappy miserable player. Karl Malone made John Stockton who he is. Likewise, Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pipper to a certain extent made Michael Jordan who he is.
oh no, taking malone away from Stockton :cry... until you realize you are putting him on a team with MJ, Duncan, and Hakeem instead :lmao... i'm sure he'll be fine

Venti Quattro
05-29-2014, 12:59 AM
I see what you did there with Kobe, Kareem and Magic all more expensive than Tim, and putting Tim after Karl and Charles, but no. Just hope your team gets a decent 7th overall pick.

Don't be too dense pops, I didn't create the list myself. I'm never gonna rank Charles and Karl over Tim. Just pick with the $15 that you have

sexinthatsx
05-29-2014, 01:04 AM
oh no, taking malone away from Stockton :cry... until you realize you are putting him on a team with MJ, Duncan, and Hakeem instead :lmao... i'm sure he'll be fine

I guess I should've told you guys I'm evaluating the player based off of how good they are individually. It's just kind of hard to imagine the type of stats Stockton could put up without Malone.

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 01:14 AM
I guess I should've told you guys I'm evaluating the player based off of how good they are individually. It's just kind of hard to imagine the type of stats Stockton could put up without Malone.
we saw how effective stockton was when he had a great scorer/finisher, so i'm sure he'd do just as good if not better with the likes of MJ, Hakeem, Duncan. plus unlike Magic he provides some sort of spacing, and makes your own defensive assignments less tricky.

Killakobe81
05-29-2014, 07:28 AM
we saw how effective stockton was when he had a great scorer/finisher, so i'm sure he'd do just as good if not better with the likes of MJ, Hakeem, Duncan. plus unlike Magic he provides some sort of spacing, and makes your own defensive assignments less tricky.
Stockton was no great 1 on 1 defender he gets torched by every other PG on this list even Kidd who would rather pass . .plus GP Enrique and Cp3. John was a great competitor tough and good team defender

mudyez
05-29-2014, 07:56 AM
C
5 - Shaq
4 - Hakeem
3 - David Robinson
2 - Patrick Ewing
1 - Dwight Howard

PF

5 - Duncan
4 - Malone
3 - Barkley
2 - KG
1 - Dirk

SF
5 - Lebron
4 - Bird
3 - Durant
2 - Pippen
1 - Pierce

SG
5 - Jordan
4 - Kobe
3 - Dwayne Wade
2 - Allen Iverson
1 - Tracy McGrady

PG
5 - Magic
4 - Stockton
3 - Kidd
2 - Nash
1 - Payton

Payton $1
Jordan $5
Pippen $2
Garnett $2
Hakeem $4

Pop $1

ambchang
05-29-2014, 08:09 AM
i know when you have players of this caliber, its nit-picking, but that team has no outside shooting threat at all, which could make the stockton-bird combo a better fit in this case

True, but then Jordan will nail 6 3 pters in a half just to prove a point.

DMC
05-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Don't be too dense pops, I didn't create the list myself. I'm never gonna rank Charles and Karl over Tim. Just pick with the $15 that you have

Oh I wouldn't accuse you of being able to come up with that yourself, but you did try to subtly pass it off as legit.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Lebron, Jordan, Shaq, KG, and Stockton. I think it would be the most fun team to watch, and good luck scoring.

bonus almost all white team!

Bird, Stockton, Jerry, Dirk and Russell.

Phillip
05-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Stockton
Jordan
Lebron
Dirk
Hakeem

Malik Hairston
05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
DSF's list in today's NBA:

PG- Nash
SG- Bird
SF- Lebron
PF- KG
C- Howard

OP's list:

PG- Stockton
SG- West
SF- Lebron
PF- Duncan
C- Hakeem

bdictjames
05-29-2014, 05:54 PM
$2 Stockton
$5 Mike
$4 Bird
$3 Duncan
$1 Hakeem

My 5 > Your 5

Venti Quattro
05-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh I wouldn't accuse you of being able to come up with that yourself, but you did try to subtly pass it off as legit.
I put a disclaimer that I got it on social media. You have your own choice to take the list and build your line-up from it or dismiss it. You could blame the list for being faulty but don't point the finger at me for trying to pass it off as legit. I didn't. Looking back, I should've edited the list before I posted it here so that you wouldn't get so worked up with Charles and Malone being fantasy-valued higher than Tim Duncan. Come on now this is just a little game. Don't go spurraider21 on me

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 07:34 PM
OP's list:

PG- Stockton
SG- West
SF- Lebron
PF- Duncan
C- Hakeem
i'd be curious to see how West handles elite modern day athletic guards on the other end though. i feel like stockton/west could be overmatched by an athletic backcourt.

Don't go spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) on me
:lol asshole

DMC
05-29-2014, 07:54 PM
I put a disclaimer that I got it on social media. You have your own choice to take the list and build your line-up from it or dismiss it. You could blame the list for being faulty but don't point the finger at me for trying to pass it off as legit. I didn't. Looking back, I should've edited the list before I posted it here so that you wouldn't get so worked up with Charles and Malone being fantasy-valued higher than Tim Duncan. Come on now this is just a little game. Don't go spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) on me

So you found something you agreed with and decided to pull a stat fag move and pretend it was arbitrary. Got it.

Venti Quattro
05-29-2014, 08:02 PM
So you found something you agreed with and decided to pull a stat fag move and pretend it was arbitrary. Got it.

:lmao

Baynes
05-29-2014, 09:23 PM
$5 Jordan
$4 Bird
$3 Timmeh
$2 Stockton
$1 Hakeem