PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: If the Methunder lose this series...

Franklin
05-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Who is to be blamed? Brooks, Westchuck, Ibaka...?

Ibaka will be my choice. The injury he suffered didn't look serious at all to begin with and a true nigga would play through it. If he had played the first two games in San Antonio regardless of physical pain, the series would've probably been 3-1 now in OKC's favor imho.

TampaDude
05-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Bookmark this post.

Another backdoor sweep is coming for the Spurs. It's in their heads now.

At least we can laugh at SAS for being wrong..."this series is over" my ass.

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 07:18 AM
Scott Brooks

BermudaSooner
05-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Can't we just blame the refs in ST tradition? I thought that was how things worked here.

unleashbaynes
05-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Refs don't make you miss wide open shots, make lazy as shit passes, and defend like faggots tbh

jag
05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Can't we just blame the refs in ST tradition? I thought that was how things worked here.

The calls have been bad on both sides. The Thunder have benefited from it more but that's mostly due to their aggressiveness and athleticism when attacking the basket.

BermudaSooner
05-28-2014, 12:27 PM
The calls have been bad on both sides. The Thunder have benefited from it more but that's mostly due to their aggressiveness and athleticism when attacking the basket.

I agree there have been bad calls on both sides, but can't say one side has benefited from it more than another. Thunder may have shot more free throws the last couple of games, but generally the team playing better will do that. If I got my buddies together and took on the Spurs, I'm quite sure we'd have a lot more fouls called on us as fouling is all we would be able to do.

I can list a lot of the bad calls that went against the Thunder. I typically don't remember many bad calls going for the Thunder--I'm sure it is pretty much the same way for Spurs fans.

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Bookmark this post.

Another backdoor sweep is coming for the Spurs. It's in their heads now.

At least we can laugh at SAS for being wrong..."this series is over" my ass.

We lost one game in the Conference Finals against a very good Thunder team playing at home. Whatever...y'all knew a sweep was unlikely, even without Ibaka. Now that OKC got their "home crowd win" in, the Spurs will close this series in 5, per par.

It's going to be a Spurs-Heat Finals rematch, folks. Y'all know it's coming. Get ready.

Horse
05-28-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry but okc is more dependant on the refs than any team i've ever seen. You can't even look in their direction without a foul call. And they never get called on all those "steals" They needed the refs to beat memphis, the clips and here we go again. How the fuck is zbo suspened for throwing a punch but ibaka can punch balls all series long?

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm sorry but okc is more dependant on the refs than any team i've ever seen. You can't even look in their direction without a foul call. And they never get called on all those "steals" They needed the refs to beat memphis, the clips and here we go again. How the fuck is zbo suspened for throwing a punch but ibaka can punch balls all series long?

:lol Horse
:lol massage therapist
:lol Duncan Donuts
:lol using donut glaze for massages

Kidd K
05-28-2014, 09:14 PM

Or Westbrook can be standing out of bounds while poking a ball away and somehow it isn't Spurs ball to take out, it's a free, undeserved layup that shouldn't have been allowed.

dg7md
05-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Probably nobody would be to blame if they lose this series. If they lose, it'll be at the earliest 6 or 7 — losing in the WCF while starting without an injured, impact player in Serge Ibaka against the best team, record-wise, in the NBA in a late series is not really worth pointing fingers or blaming players. Scott Brooks did well with preserving his job for next season, no matter what happens now, despite all of their initial hiccups.

However, if the Spurs lose this series they have a lot to blame to go around. I won't even say it's Pop's fault, it is the team's fault (mostly the starters) for laying the biggest possible egg you could in games 3 and 4.