PDA

View Full Version : I hope we get Finley but I doubt it.

mrose31
08-12-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't have any links or anything but my friend is a big mavs fan and he said that his friends in Dallas told him that they heard on the radio that Finley is going to spurs if he is waived. Probably does not mean anything but thats what I heard.

Solid D
08-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the scoop. Now THAT would make things interesting.

j-6
08-12-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't have any links or anything but my friend is a big mavs fan and he said that his friends in Dallas told him that they heard on the radio that Finley is going to spurs if he is waived. Probably does not mean anything but thats what I heard.

That was on ESPN radio this morning, and the host was talking about how ironic it would be if Finley signed with the Spurs to get a ring, since him and Dirk (and Fin's several years older) have been the only constants when the Mavs lineup has been shuffled so many times in Cuban's quest for the title.

To the best of my knowledge, Finley hasn't said shit about moving south.

mcdunk
08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
It would make sense if he wants to go to a Texas team because Dallas has a near full roster of 14 active players and reportedly looking for a backup center and Houston would have a full roster of 15 active players under contract with the signings of Barry and Mutumbo. The Spurs seem to be the only Texas team with roster room to sign Finley. But there might be competition with the Heat based on other reports and who knows about Phoenix which was the original report.

Rick Von Braun
08-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Now that JJ seems finally on his way to Atlanta, I think it makes too much sense for Finley to go to the Suns or Denver. These two teams are a perfect match for him. Both teams have a run-gun style, both need a SG, and he could play a significant role in the team (i.e. 30-35 minutes/game).

Finley will NOT join the Spurs if he gets waived, unless he is desperate for a ring.

Willinsa
08-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I think Finley would be a decent pickup, but don't think it will happen.

Rescueone
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
The old man doesn't play Defense! He will not fit in here.

SenorSpur
08-12-2005, 02:57 PM

My sentiments exactly. Let him go to PHX or MIA, where volume shots are always welcome.

Timmy21
08-12-2005, 03:12 PM
So you think Brent Barry can play better defense?

FoxMulder
08-12-2005, 03:13 PM
So you think Brent Barry can play better defense?

Man... depends on Pop... donīt forget about how fierce was Glenn Robinson defending last season...

Leetonidas
08-12-2005, 04:53 PM

That's what they said about Glenn Robinson.

Vashner
08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
NO FINLEY NO ...

No FINLEY No...

No.. Finley No...

BronxCowboy
08-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Finley and Bruce could make for some awkward locker room situations. I dunno. Not a big fan of Finley's anyway.

Dre_7
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
NO FINLEY NO ...

No FINLEY No...

No.. Finley No...

Why not??

He would be a great backup. Someone give me a reason why SA should not get Fin?

Supreme Allah
08-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Michael Finley will give you guys a team something that you need, a midrange jump shooter.

Finley=what you wanted from Barry last year.

Mr. Body
08-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Now that JJ seems finally on his way to Atlanta, I think it makes too much sense for Finley to go to the Suns or Denver. These two teams are a perfect match for him. Both teams have a run-gun style, both need a SG, and he could play a significant role in the team (i.e. 30-35 minutes/game).

Finley will NOT join the Spurs if he gets waived, unless he is desperate for a ring.

This is spot on for RvB. Finley won't sit on the back of a bench when he knows he can contribute mightily for another contender, even if it's at a slightly lower level, like Phoenix or Denver. The last thing he wants to do is prove Dallas was right in waiving him by sticking himself behind several other players. The man wants to start and play big.

I would say there's practically 0% chance Finley's going to the Spurs. A guy like Aaron McKie, maybe. Not Finley.

Pandaemonaeon
08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I don't get it why everyone wants to sign Finley for sixth man purposes. I mean he's not an instant energy guy you can yank off the bench to put up a ton of points -- he needs to get a rhythm going by jacking up stupid shots and if he's off, then don't expect anything else.

Rescueone
08-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I'd rather have Nick Van Excel.