PDA

View Full Version : We beat the Spurs!

Pocket Hippo
05-28-2014, 10:24 AM
All the players and coaches say "you have to give credit to the thunder" but no, fuck that, we beat ourselves. Our players did a great job shutting down our team. This isn't on Pop at all, he was yelling and screaming at the team as much as he was at the refs. I was losing my mind watching the game!

I lost track of the amount of times we were caught dribbling the ball around outside the 3 point line late in the clock with out even a thought to penetrate.
I swear our guards were doing their best Westbrook impersonation: dribble for 14 seconds and either turn the ball over or go one on five and jack up a shot

When we did get to the rim, we were trying to shoot lazy layups, which is like putting the ball on a tee and asking the Thunder to block it into the stands.
The Spurs didn't realize that they had two hands to put on the ball when going to the rim until the 3rd string was in.

Why the fuck were we trying to slow the game down? In the first half the Spurs were playing SUPER SLOW, we were running out the whole clock, posting up a lot, no ball movement. We looked like the Memphis Grizzlies out there. It makes the Thunder defense look godly when we waste 20 seconds and then force up a shot.

Westbrook had the game of his life, literally, the last person to put up numbers like that was Jordan... Westbrook is not Jordan, but if you let him play against 3rd string players for an entire half he can match stats. Even so, our 3rd string got us within striking distance several times by just playing normal Spurs basketball. Had we not been playing like a bunch of red-shoe clowns and spotted them 25 points our bench might have won the game despite Westbrook's 40/10/5 game.

Silver lining is that our system is fine, our strategy is fine, our game plan is fine. We just need our starters to execute like they have been all season. We did not play extraordinary basketball in games 1 and 2, we played normally and exposed a team that is poorly coached and has to rely on pure athleticism to cover holes in their offensive and defensive schemes.

We don't need to make adjustments, we don't need to panic, we don't need to do anything special. We need to play the same basketball we have been playing all fucking year and we will win.

Pre-Ibaka injury - Spurs in 6
Ibaka injured - Spurs in 5
Ibaka back - Spurs in 6

:flag:

tmtcsc
05-28-2014, 11:02 AM
:lobt2:

Oh, Gee!!
05-28-2014, 01:31 PM
we beat ourselves.

series over then. we won two games in OKC, which means we have 4 wins.

therealtruth
05-28-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure we can win in OKC.

Horse
05-28-2014, 06:14 PM
All the players and coaches say "you have to give credit to the thunder" but no, fuck that, we beat ourselves. Our players did a great job shutting down our team. This isn't on Pop at all, he was yelling and screaming at the team as much as he was at the refs. I was losing my mind watching the game!

I lost track of the amount of times we were caught dribbling the ball around outside the 3 point line late in the clock with out even a thought to penetrate.
I swear our guards were doing their best Westbrook impersonation: dribble for 14 seconds and either turn the ball over or go one on five and jack up a shot

When we did get to the rim, we were trying to shoot lazy layups, which is like putting the ball on a tee and asking the Thunder to block it into the stands.
The Spurs didn't realize that they had two hands to put on the ball when going to the rim until the 3rd string was in.

Why the fuck were we trying to slow the game down? In the first half the Spurs were playing SUPER SLOW, we were running out the whole clock, posting up a lot, no ball movement. We looked like the Memphis Grizzlies out there. It makes the Thunder defense look godly when we waste 20 seconds and then force up a shot.

Westbrook had the game of his life, literally, the last person to put up numbers like that was Jordan... Westbrook is not Jordan, but if you let him play against 3rd string players for an entire half he can match stats. Even so, our 3rd string got us within striking distance several times by just playing normal Spurs basketball. Had we not been playing like a bunch of red-shoe clowns and spotted them 25 points our bench might have won the game despite Westbrook's 40/10/5 game.

Silver lining is that our system is fine, our strategy is fine, our game plan is fine. We just need our starters to execute like they have been all season. We did not play extraordinary basketball in games 1 and 2, we played normally and exposed a team that is poorly coached and has to rely on pure athleticism to cover holes in their offensive and defensive schemes.

We don't need to make adjustments, we don't need to panic, we don't need to do anything special. We need to play the same basketball we have been playing all fucking year and we will win.

Pre-Ibaka injury - Spurs in 6
Ibaka injured - Spurs in 5
Ibaka back - Spurs in 6

:flag:agree 100% the bench did nothing special but run the system the way it's meant to be ran. Stop acting like pussies and we got this.