PDA

View Full Version : Coach Nick Postgame and Break Down

BillMc
05-28-2014, 11:22 AM
"Tim Duncan looks old and slow." Sigh.

"This is 70% Thunder and 30% Spurs making uncharacteristic mistakes."

"KD and Russ Pick and Roll at the elbow was a fantastic adjustment. Spurs must stop it or they'll lose". (Slight paraphrase here)

"Bellinelli doesn't know where to go."

"Spurs are in a really bad position, and their only saving grace is they're going home.":depressed

"I don't feel good about the Spurs at all right now."

"Spurs haven't run the hammer or elevator once."

"Need to get Tony in the loop 5 times in a row."

Breakdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs_bt95ytsE

Postgame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJs3RogJ6w

phxspurfan
05-28-2014, 11:25 AM
If you tune into ESPN right now, they are comparing Westbrook to Jordan.

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Damn, even Coach Nick thinks the Spurs are fucked.

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 12:16 PM

Darius Bieber
05-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Finally homer Coach Nick comes to his senses.

BillMc
05-28-2014, 12:25 PM

Cheers for posting.:toast So based on what Coach Nick is saying which bigs are best against Ibaka, where should they be and what should they be doing. I was thinking Boris and to a lesser extent (gasp) Bonner to pull him away from the basket. But maybe that's wrong.

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Cheers for posting.:toast So based on what Coach Nick is saying which bigs are best against Ibaka, where should they be and what should they be doing. I was thinking Boris and to a lesser extent (gasp) Bonner to pull him away from the basket. But maybe that's wrong.

No prob :tu:

I had the same idea with Diaw and even Bonner as well. It seems like (if i understand correctly) they need to have someone constantly moving, almost like Parker but at the 4 spot? Which maybe makes sense I guess, I mean if Bonner is out there, he's usually camped at the 3 point line. Will be interesting... I think most agree the starting 5 as is won't get it done.

The idea of starting 2 PG's could be an option as well, though that would be really small. OKC is starting 2 PG's as well, so they have those guys to handle the ball and Durant. Parker/Joseph, Green at the 3 and Leonard at the 4? Ibaka isn't a back to the basket player, so Pop could be ballsy and throw Green on him or Leonard and have Green guard Durant.

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 01:12 PM

They need to re-claim their identity if they want to win Game 5. They feasted in the paint in games 1 and 2. Now, they need to get back to constant motion, ball movement, and fluidity in their offense. It's why the bench had success, constant motion, no hesitation, just make your move and go.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-28-2014, 01:21 PM

Alley oops. The Clippers made Ibaka pay for this shit last series. Ibaka is roaming, just heave the ball towards the basket and Let Duncan and Splitter dunk it or lay it in. Its so easy. Problem is, Tony is always looking to shot rather than pass.

Budkin
05-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Playing back in the ATT will make all the difference. There is no doubt it my mind. Playing in OKC is fucking toxic for the Spurs for some reason.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Playing back in the ATT will make all the difference. There is no doubt it my mind. Playing in OKC is fucking toxic for the Spurs for some reason.

This. It's like the moment they step into that crappy arena the Spurs forget how to play basketball....

Budkin
05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
This. It's like the moment they step into that crappy arena the Spurs forget how to play basketball....

Only reason they lost game 5 in 2012 was because of a shitload of fluke shots by Harden. He ain't gonna be there.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I just don't see how SA can keep OKC off the FT line in Game 6.

weebo
05-28-2014, 02:38 PM
I just don't see how SA can keep OKC off the FT line in Game 6.

Thank goodness we only have to worry about game 5 first.

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Only reason they lost game 5 in 2012 was because of a shitload of fluke shots by Harden. He ain't gonna be there.

The Spurs were down 10 with four minutes left in that game. It's not like things were gravy and then they fell apart with that shot.

Budkin
05-28-2014, 02:58 PM
The Spurs were down 10 with four minutes left in that game. It's not like things were gravy and then they fell apart with that shot.

No, but the Spurs fought out of that hole and were on the brink of taking over. And that happened several times in that game with Harden straight up killing runs with backbreakers. Gonna be a different story tomorrow night. Our crowd, our house, our game.

tmtcsc
05-28-2014, 03:00 PM
The Spurs will have another chance to win on the road in game 6 but they have to take care of business at home first. FTT.

SpurPadre
05-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Alley oops. The Clippers made Ibaka pay for this shit last series. Ibaka is roaming, just heave the ball towards the basket and Let Duncan and Splitter dunk it or lay it in. Its so easy. Problem is, Tony is always looking to shot rather than pass.

Actually, the real problem is Splitter isn't much of a dunker to exploit this while TD has lost much of that ability due to age and wear and tear. As for laying it in, Ibaka will swat all the soft shit Tiago tosses.

SpurPadre
05-28-2014, 03:12 PM

Harden isn't gonna be there but here's something people aren't considering when making '12 comparisons: 1) Durant is better now than back then 2) Westbrook is better now than back then 3) Ibaka is better now than back then 4) While Jackson is a dropoff from Harden, it isn't as much of a dropoff as '12 Manu to '14 Manu. Does all this mean we can't beat them? No, I have to have hope but these are difficult realities we can't deny.

spurtech09
05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
only reason okc is playing out of there minds is because the refs are allowing them to play aggressive....as for the spurs ...looks like there soft because the refs are not allowing the spurs to play aggressive...that's why spurs look weak....can't even touch a okc player because the refs keep calling ticky tack fouls which make the spurs play soft defense.....that's why okc looks unstoppable.....hope the refs call the game fair in game 5....if the refs don't call these bs calls in game 5 the spurs will win....just hope there confidence is there...spurs need to play harder on d.....smack someone atleast......

spurtech09
05-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Actually, the real problem is Splitter isn't much of a dunker to exploit this while TD has lost much of that ability due to age and wear and tear. As for laying it in, Ibaka will swat all the soft shit Tiago tosses.doesn't matter your going to get a shot blocked here and there..spurs need to drive and kick...make there open 3's

MannyIsGod
05-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Tim Duncan did look really old and slow last night. It got to him and he was extremely frustrated but I wouldn't read too much into it. Tim Duncan is really likely to bounce back and have at least one good game. But the Spurs can win without Tim having an amazing game. They just need to limit the turnovers - especially steals that lead to easy buckets - and make Ibaka pay for roaming. Splitter has been a big contributor so far this post season but he's a terrible matchup when Ibaka is in there and at this point I'd rather have Baynes or Bonner take more minutes. You need to either spread the floor or go up strong and Splitter simply can't do either.

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 03:39 PM

InRareForm
05-28-2014, 03:54 PM
We are doomed

Skull-1
05-28-2014, 04:15 PM
What we need here is a couple a hard ass pipe hittin' n-----s to get medieval on their asses with a blowtorch and a pair of pliers.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSBe0RSuT1c

phxspurfan
05-28-2014, 04:34 PM
No, but the Spurs fought out of that hole and were on the brink of taking over. And that happened several times in that game with Harden straight up killing runs with backbreakers. Gonna be a different story tomorrow night. Our crowd, our house, our game.

I'm pretty sure had HCA, since I went to game 1. So we went up 2-0, then lost 2 in OKC, then went home for game 5 and lost to the Harden BS. Even though they don't have Harden this time, the story isn't that different. Our crowd/house was the case in 2012, too.

And Duncan has posted up way less in games 3 and 4 b/c the Spurs are afraid of Ibaka.

Baam
05-28-2014, 04:43 PM

Some great points and no Splitter cant...

I mean it's not rocket science, everyone who watched the last two games can see the ajustements they need to made, it's pain as day...

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Sole great points and no Splitter cant...

I mean it's not rocket science, everyone who watched the last two games can see the ajustements they need to made, it's pain as day...

Agreed, Splitter definitely can't and I don't think Duncan at his age can either imo. I think only Diaw has the footwork to get Ibaka up in the air, and possibly get him in foul trouble or finish around him.

Budkin
05-28-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure had HCA, since I went to game 1. So we went up 2-0, then lost 2 in OKC, then went home for game 5 and lost to the Harden BS. Even though they don't have Harden this time, the story isn't that different. Our crowd/house was the case in 2012, too.

And Duncan has posted up way less in games 3 and 4 b/c the Spurs are afraid of Ibaka.

If the Spurs are "afraid" of playing against someone they don't deserve to even sniff the LOB.

bklynspursfan
05-28-2014, 04:54 PM
If the Spurs are "afraid" of playing against someone they don't deserve to even sniff the LOB.

Yup. They've got to show how much they want it tomorrow

DMC
05-28-2014, 04:59 PM
It's not that the Spurs cannot defend against the Thunder, but that they cannot do so without getting called for fouls since the Thunder move so fast and the refs are old as fuck and always give the ball handler the benefit of the doubt, unless it's a slow ball handler. If the Spurs are going to attack, they need to be quick. Problem is, as we saw, most of the Spurs cannot finish at the rim on a quick drive. The ball comes off the board too hard and it's a fast break in the other direction.

So a combination of refs who give fast offensive players the benefit and the fact that the Spurs only have one fast offensive player on the floor at any give time. I think Tony and Patty on the floor together would help the offense since they can both move quickly, but Tony looks like he's ready for the Summer break.

There's also the fact that the Thunder starting shooting really well. If that continues, the Spurs are doomed, however if they start to slump the Spurs can make noise.

Horse
05-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Fuck being afraid make that islander fuck foul.

phxspurfan
05-28-2014, 08:53 PM

Yup. And you know what's interesting is the Spurs have been "afraid" to put Duncan up against lots of people throughout the years:

Shaq
Nowitzki
Amare
Ibaka

...but there are certain types of players that always own Duncan. And there is a common theme here: they are all super-athletic.

Hell, even DeAndre Jordan has owned Duncan.