PDA

View Full Version : My wife has been in the hospital for a week now .....................

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 01:14 PM
for liver disease due to extended use of tylenol. It has damaged her liver, but she is out of ICU now and according to her doctors she is improving a little at a time, yet she is not dying, but she will be there for a while.
She had ammonia spikes which cause her to be there, but not be there, if you know what I mean. Ammonia levels are usually in the 30s but hers were in the 90s plus her CO2 levels were high too.
I am just wondering if any oand bashing, owningf you had experiences like this. Or if anyone can recommend some coping mechanisms.
The ones I've been doing have not worked, such as TV, the Spurs games, this site and bashing, owning, and bantering with the trolls on here. That is just not doing it for me.
Any intelligent suggestions?
Thanks.

Avante
05-28-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm off to the hills, a long drive with my favorite sounds.

It will all work out bro, I'll have my wife add your wife to her prayer group.

silverblk mystix
05-28-2014, 01:24 PM
for liver disease due to extended use of tylenol. It has damaged her liver, but she is out of ICU now and according to her doctors she is improving a little at a time, yet she is not dying, but she will be there for a while.
She had ammonia spikes which cause her to be there, but not be there, if you know what I mean. Ammonia levels are usually in the 30s but hers were in the 90s plus her CO2 levels were high too.
I am just wondering if any oand bashing, owningf you had experiences like this. Or if anyone can recommend some coping mechanisms.
The ones I've been doing have not worked, such as TV, the Spurs games, this site and bashing, owning, and bantering with the trolls on here. That is just not doing it for me.
Thanks.

Sorry to hear this xmas and hoping for a swift recovery for your wife.

Everything passes. Everything.

This, too will pass. Her body is working on healing itself all the time and sometimes we need to "get out of the way" and assist the body in this process.

If there are foods she can eat that will not impede her healing - and if there are foods that do impede this - then I would suggest finding out all about this and helping her to have an easier time.

As far as yourself -

I would say that this site might not be a positive thing for you temporarily - there is nothing but scum in a cesspool and nothing but negative assholes - who can only be a bad thing all around for you.

Try to understand all you can about our brief life - even though I know you are already pretty aware - sometimes pain is ...

a signal to re-direct us to something greater that we need to see.

Much luck my friend and hope this passes swiftly.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm off to the hills, a long drive with my favorite sounds.

It will all work out bro, I'll have my wife add your wife to her prayer group.

This, too will pass. Her body is working on healing itself all the time and sometimes we need to "get out of the way" and assist the body in this process.

If there are foods she can eat that will not impede her healing - and if there are foods that do impede this - then I would suggest finding out all about this and helping her to have an easier time.

As far as yourself -

I would say that this site might not be a positive thing for you temporarily - there is nothing but scum in a cesspool and nothing but negative assholes - who can only be a bad thing all around for you.

Try to understand all you can about our brief life - even though I know you are already pretty aware - sometimes pain is ...

Thank you both.
Good to know that there are some decent and real people still on here besides the scum of trolls.
And honestly most of the decent people probably rarely post in the Club due to the filthy trolls.
Not surprising.
Anyway, that is why I have only been half here these past days.

Katherine Robinson
05-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Why Tylenol? Pursue an intellectual passion and your mind won't ponder on the issue.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 01:31 PM

Lol...I was wondering why you were barely posting lately.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Thank you both.
Good to know that there are some decent and real people still on here besides the scum of trolls.
And honestly most of the decent people probably rarely post in the Club due to the filthy trolls.
Not surprising.

I'd hate to see it what it looks like when you're all here.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Why Tylenol? Pursue an intellectual passion and your mind won't ponder on the issue.

Too much tylenol too close together over an extended period of time will damage your liver.
I think it will damage your kidneys too. Didn't that happen to Sean Elliott?

Anyway, thanks.

Katherine Robinson
05-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Too much tylenol too close together over an extended period of time will damage your liver.
I think it will damage your kidneys too. Didn't that happen to Sean Elliott?

Anyway, thanks.

I mean why take so much?

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 01:47 PM
I mean why take so much?

For pain. She has had 4 hip replacements, two discs in her lower back fixed, and just recently at the beginning of this year had a scaffold put in her upper neck. She is still recovering from that and has to wear a neck brace.
She is the bionic woman.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Ask folks at the hospital about support groups.

Katherine Robinson
05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
For pain. She has had 4 hip replacements, two discs in her lower back fixed, and just recently at the beginning of this year had a scaffold put in her upper neck. She is still recovering from that and has to wear a neck brace.
She is the bionic woman.

Oh wow, perhaps she can ask for a prescription pain medication. Tylenol truly not a good drug for that kind of pain.

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 01:54 PM
I knew something was going on with you. I'm very intuitive. Take it easy, bro. Get off the internet, go for a walk, clear the ol' noggin'.

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear this. Tylenol as an OTC is great for an occasional usage but for all of that surgery? Surely she could have asked the doctors for a pain prescription that would be lesser of a threat on her liver and kidneys. But man, that sucks though--a speedy recovery to your family on this matter.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Oh wow, perhaps she can ask for a prescription pain medication. Tylenol truly not a good drug for that kind of pain.

She has one, a 100 mg patch. Eventually they will have to wean her off of it, but it doesn't affect her liver. The tylenol is for all the extra break out pain.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Lol...I was wondering why you were barely posting lately.

I am surprised you are being decent and civil for a change. Thought you hated my guts.

I knew something was going on with you. I'm very intuitive. Take it easy, bro. Get off the internet, go for a walk, clear the ol' noggin'.

Thought you didn't like me either, you usually give me a hard time about half the time.

Sorry to hear this. Tylenol as an OTC is great for an occasional usage but for all of that surgery? Surely she could have asked the doctors for a pain prescription that would be lesser of a threat on her liver and kidneys. But man, that sucks though--a speedy recovery to your family on this matter.

She has pain management doctors and they have her on a patch that has no tylenol, but it doesn't cover break out pain. She will no longer be able to take norcos for the break out pain nor the nyquil for allregies, too much tylenol.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Ask folks at the hospital about support groups.

Too religious for my blood, methodists.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 02:12 PM
I am surprised you are being decent and civil for a change. .

I can't stand you, but a wife in the hospital sucks...especially when you like your wife. I can go back to making fun of you in other threads, not this one so much.

Ask the doctors about "zohydro"...it's new and it's a very strong opioid but without the acitomenaphin (sp?)....if not that, they could put her on tramadol which I believe also doesn't have the Tylenol in it. There are many pain killers that are out there though that don't have the Tylenol in them...they should discuss these with her.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Too religious for my blood, methodists.There is no telling if the groups are faith based or not until you ask. Chances are good there are both available at one place or another.

Chomag
05-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife, I can only imagine how difficult it has been for the both of you. As someone has already suggested It's going to take time and I hope you find what works for you to cope and help pass the time as she heals.

I'm sorry that I don't have any more suggestions other then what has already been said by others, but You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Koolaid_Man
05-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Trust in the Lord Xmas.

I remember once I lied about an injury to see if I could get some potent pain killers. Instead the Dr. gave me a shot in my ass...it hurt and burned like FUCK....

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 02:29 PM
And you're just a sick retard.
How about this for you from now on into perpetuity: Fuck you, liar!

he's just saying what many of us are not ruling out

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife, I can only imagine how difficult it has been for the both of you. As someone has already suggested It's going to take time and I hope you find what works for you to cope and help pass the time as she heals.

I'm sorry that I don't have any more suggestions other then what has already been said by others, but You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, someone out there has been through it, surely. I am checking on the other message groups I frequent too, even the obscure ones I rarely go to.

mrsmaalox
05-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Quit wasting so much energy here. Turn off the computer, smoke a joint, put on you and your wife's favorite music, and just sit and groove with her.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Quit wasting so much energy here. Turn off the computer, smoke a joint, put on you and your wife's favorite music, and just sit and groove with her.

Speaking of that...wouldn't it be convenient for his wife right now to have legalized weed? Stupid Texas

TeyshaBlue
05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Man...takes alot of acetomenaphine to shell a liver. Had that happen to an elderly relative a couple of decades ago. How much damage is there? As far as coping...its different for all of us. Some rely on routine to backstop us. Sometimes creative actions help. Wish I had a good answer for you. Sometimes we just power through shit. Onward.

Peace.

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 02:44 PM

I want to party with mrsmaalox.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 02:53 PM
he's just saying what many of us are not ruling out

No doubt about that.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Speaking of that...wouldn't it be convenient for his wife right now to have legalized weed? Stupid Texas

You'd be surprised, her doctor offered that once she is weaned from her strong pain killers.
That is funny.

Blake
05-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear. Hope everything turns out ok for you.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 02:59 PM
You'd be surprised, her doctor offered that once she is weaned from her strong pain killers.
That is funny.

It's funny until someone decides to feed their dog a chocolate pot brownie and the dog dies.

chunticakes
05-28-2014, 03:00 PM
I want to party with mrsmaalox.

No doubt about that. We can have a narc party. Invite Thiespego.

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 03:01 PM
No doubt about that. We can have a narc party. Invite @Thiespego.

Fuck that guy.

xrayzebra
05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Thanks.

Yeah, both the OTC drugs can affect either the liver or kidneys. Tylenol and Advil. You can use them daily so long as you stay below six a day, so my doctor tells me. tramadol is a good pain killer, but will constipate really, really bad. I have had experience with all three.

Xmas I am truly sorry to hear about your wife. And she needs your support as bad you need others. I am a church goer and do believe, so my advise is faith based. Get in touch with a group in your church and talk to them. All churches have prayer groups and will be happy to include you and your wife in their prayers. One thing, if you don't belong to a church, find one and learn about the comfort that they and their teachings can give you.

I will include both of you in my prayers for complete and a speedy recovery.

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Wow, that's pretty horrible. Never knew Tylenol could be so damaging. Glad to hear your wife is improving bro.

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah, both the OTC drugs can affect either the liver or kidneys. Tylenol and Advil. You can use them daily so long as you stay below six a day, so my doctor tells me. tramadol is a good pain killer, but will constipate really, really bad. I have had experience with all three.

Shit, when hiking at altitude I'll often take 4 Advil a day for a week or two at a time since ibuprofen is known to help with acute mountain sickness.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Wow, that's pretty horrible. Never knew Tylenol could be so damaging. Glad to hear your wife is improving bro.

It's fucking terrible for you. They put it in painkillers to keep people from abusing them...which makes little sense cause people will still abuse them but now get F'd up in the process. I have lower back issues and I stopped taking pain meds once I learned how bad they are for you...and I REALLY liked pain meds.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Man...takes alot of acetomenaphine to shell a liver. Had that happen to an elderly relative a couple of decades ago. How much damage is there? As far as coping...its different for all of us. Some rely on routine to backstop us. Sometimes creative actions help. Wish I had a good answer for you. Sometimes we just power through shit. Onward.

Peace.

Yeah, that is what I thought too. I mean, it takes a hell of a lot of alcohol over time to cause liver damage, but tylenol? Who would have thought?
I keep trying to get deeply immersed in my music, but that isn't working either, nor does SpursTalk. I thought really smacking down on the trolls here would do it for me, side track me from dwelling on things, but that hasn't helped either.
That would be like using a negative action to combat a negative entity or situation though. Yet it just seems like something more positive, instead of negative, would give me a better and more lasting feeling. That is why I retreated to music at first.
Maybe, like you say, just knuckling or powering through it is the only way because so far, nothing is taking my mind off it.
Thanks for the peace.

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Take a drive out to Lost Maples or Enchanted Rock for a long walk just to get the fuck away for a few hours.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:14 PM
You could always go old fashioned and get shit faced drunk and sleep thru a bunch of it?

baseline bum
05-28-2014, 03:15 PM
You could always go old fashioned and get shit faced drunk and sleep thru a bunch of it?

Feel like shit and take a depressant for it? Doesn't sound good tbh

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:16 PM

Yeah but for those 6 hours when you're passed out....

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 03:18 PM
I hate all pills to be honest, they make me gag. And I worry I will want them all the time to the point where they control me, I don't control them. I hate being in a condition where I have to have it. That is the way nicotine is.

Chewbacca
05-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Chewie wishes me and my wife well, advises a more natural approach to her health and pain relief and may the force be with us. Seriously

:tu

Ricky Davis
05-28-2014, 03:25 PM
i've never been in this situation so i don't know how to specifically relate about the wife being sick. I've been through some tough times in the past and here's a few things that have gotten me over them

1) stay off the internet (don't look up worst case scenarios and stuff like that. For some reason, it's a tempting thing to do and it will really drag you down a bad spiral)
2) like silverblk said, it will eventually pass no matter what happens
3) personally, I would recommend reading a few books. If you're Christian, you might scoff these but I'd atleast give them a shot

-Buddhism, Tao books worked for me
-Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

i can pm you or something for others. Hope it all works out

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Whatever you do, don't listen to that guy. ^^^

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Oops...meant to post underneath chewbacca

Chewbacca
05-28-2014, 03:27 PM
^^ :lmao

ChumpDumper
05-28-2014, 03:28 PM
lol SA210 couldn't resist the opportunity to passive aggressively push his snake oil agenda in the third person.

He will now throw a tantrum.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Is stay away from advice from a guy that is so into their act on a message board that they don't type messages.

Also, he gets his medical advice from Jenny MCarthy

ChumpDumper
05-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Is stay away from advice from a guy that is so into their act on a message board that they don't type messages.

Also, he gets his medical advice from Jenny MCarthyAnd such an attention whore he had to announce it here using his shtick when he easily could have sent a real, first person PM.

Or can he?

Chewbacca
05-28-2014, 03:32 PM

As far as yourself -

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:34 PM

That chick from "Singled Out" and Playboy seems like someone I would trust too in regards to my children's health.

LOL

ChumpDumper
05-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I love the fact that I have trapped SA210 into his shtick so thoroughly he has to indirectly try to become a holistic medicine shill wookie.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-28-2014, 03:38 PM
I hope everything goes well.

The only thing I can tell you is have faith. Faith will take you a long way in life. Your wife will be fine. God bless.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
That chick from "Singled Out" and Playboy seems like someone I would trust too in regards to my children's health.

LOL

I would trust her enough to shoot babies into her.

johnsmith
05-28-2014, 03:42 PM
I would trust her enough to shoot babies into her.

Yeah, but then you'd have to deal with all the vaccine issues with her.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but then you'd have to deal with all the vaccine issues with her.

I wouldn't be around by that point.

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Good luck to her and you man; I think like most have said is the best advice: Get off the computer, free your mind and the rest will follow.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 04:06 PM
be color blind, don't be so shallow

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah, why are you on the SpursTalk when your wife is in pain? You should at least be focusing attention in getting her chicken soup or something.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Take a drive out to Lost Maples or Enchanted Rock for a long walk just to get the fuck away for a few hours.

Wow, that sounds like a great idea, I never thought about that. If the weather calms down a little I may do that.

Yeah but for those 6 hours when you're passed out....

Thanks

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Seriously though...have you ever tried LARP as a way to escape for a few hours a week?

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah, why are you on the SpursTalk when your wife is in pain? You should at least be focusing attention in getting her chicken soup or something.

Shes in the hospital and I spend 85% of my time there, but due to the ammonia spikes she is "there but not there" if you catch my drift. She is not comatose, but she isn't aware of reality even though her eyes are open.
The rest of the time she sleeps. She is getting better or they would have her in ICU too.
So it is useless for me to keep spending all my time there now, been doing that already. When she gets lucid again then I will spend more time up there.

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Shes in the hospital and I spend 85% of my time there, but due to the ammonia spikes she is "there but not there" if you catch my drift. She is not comatose, but she isn't aware of reality even though her eyes are open.
The rest of the time she sleeps. She is getting better or they would have her in ICU too.
So it is useless for me to keep spending all my time there now, been doing that already. When she gets lucid again then I will spend more time up there.

Oh ok--didn't see that earlier post. Gotcha. Can't really be much of help if she's out of it.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Seriously though...have you ever tried LARP as a way to escape for a few hours a week?

???????? LARP?

Ricky Davis
05-28-2014, 04:50 PM

building a support group is good in times like these tbh

i don't know how many people xmas can turn to IRL but an online discussion can make up for it if he doesn't know as many people/friends are too busy etc

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 04:53 PM

i don't know how many people xmas can turn to IRL but an online discussion can make up for it if he doesn't know as many people/friends are too busy etc

You have a valid point. I think you can find some solid support from spots like this one. I guess if you didn't have a strong support system on the outside, this would be something that could help you find the balance.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Some interesting ideas are coming forth here, for that I am appreciative, of the ideas and attempts to humor.
Ironically this is another one of the reasons why I joined this site in the first place.
I had no idea at the time so many trolls would attack me though, and with such venom, just because I had a contrary opinion than theirs. I thought we would just discuss and maybe debate the differences.
I figured things here would mirror real life. But it doesn't. People get real outspoken and fearless when they can hide behind a computer screen and they also get bold with the scathing remarks just like kids do on a playground when they are making fun of some kid, only here they are much more brutal. I guess because there will be no physical repercussions. This rarely happens in real life, and when it does people end up in the hospital, jail, or dead.
I have plenty of friends, and musician friends too, as well as hunting/gun friends, so I am ok there.
Just looking for some positive ways to use my energy and sidetrack my mind versus negative ways.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 05:08 PM
???????? LARP?

Live action role playing. Personally, I like the medieval times but you can pick whatever your interest is. Assuming you can find enough liked minded people. I know a lot that do the civil war stuff but I don't get it. If you can be anything, why pick some war where everyone gets killed. Don't know where you live but there is bound to be a local organization (formal or informal) that can help you find a group. It'll really take your mind off the here and now.

DMC
05-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Way to use his pain thread to pat yourself on the back.

DMC
05-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Live action role playing. Personally, I like the medieval times but you can pick whatever your interest is. Assuming you can find enough liked minded people. I know a lot that do the civil war stuff but I don't get it. If you can be anything, why pick some war where everyone gets killed. Don't know where you live but there is bound to be a local organization (formal or informal) that can help you find a group. It'll really take your mind off the here and now.

Pick your spots, baby. This ain't one of them.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 05:14 PM

I know about Medieval Times. My wifes' oldest son met his wife at one of the Faires. We have the Alamo here and every March they reenact the battle of the Alamo.
Don't know if I would like that, besides the reasons you mention, plus I have heard it is a very expensive hobby, so you best be really really into it.
Nice idea though.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 05:17 PM

Pain thread? Hadn't thought of it that way, but maybe you are right.:wow

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 05:21 PM

It's a real treat to receive constructive criticism from such a kind and gracious poster. I will really take that to heart and try to improve.

Franklin
05-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Need Besteva's expertise imho, dude is a doctor.

DMC
05-28-2014, 06:49 PM
It's a real treat to receive constructive criticism from such a kind and gracious poster. I will really take that to heart and try to improve.

You'd have to ask someone else for an assessment because you're obviously thrilled with yourself so far.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2014, 07:05 PM

My dad was a doctor so I'm pretty qualified. I command 2 Tylenol and call me on Monday.

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 07:15 PM
You'd have to ask someone else for an assessment because you're obviously thrilled with yourself so far.

Well, you oughta know I suppose.

DMC
05-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Well, you oughta know I suppose.

Yes, I read it here.

Spurs9
05-28-2014, 07:51 PM
Very sorry to hear about that OP, I've had alot of close friends really sick and its been tough. If you are feeling really anxious or paranoid about the sickness, this will help calm you naturally.
http://www.amazon.com/Bach-LA-AM-FU-Rescue-Remedy-20ml/dp/B00016QT7Q

It can help calm you in alot of situtations, I've used it personally.

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes, I read it here.

I like this new compassionate defender schtick. It's a good look for you. A real 180.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Very sorry to hear about that OP, I've had alot of close friends really sick and its been tough. If you are feeling really anxious or paranoid about the sickness, this will help calm you naturally.
http://www.amazon.com/Bach-LA-AM-FU-Rescue-Remedy-20ml/dp/B00016QT7Q

It can help calm you in alot of situtations, I've used it personally.

The part that scares me, brings back bad memories is that in 1994 right before I went back to college I was asked and did in home hospice for my closest friend. I had my own room with the family and took care of him, and cooked for his two little girls. He would have these ammonia spikes when he wasn't really there even though his eyes were open.
He would get so delirious that he would try to eat his TV remote to the point of putting teeth marks into it, and he would wander around the house defecating wherever he had to, but was easy enough to get him to go back to bed.
He was dying and that whole year he got worse and worse until a couple of months before he passed away he was just a shell of a person, no mind.
It was hard to watch him slowly deteriorate. I was required to give him liquid morphine in those last months.
It was truly the most emotionally draining experience I ever had to go through and had I known before hand it was going to be that bad, I would have declined to do the hospice work.
This all came crashing back when I saw my wife like this in the hospital. But they say she is slowly, very slowly, getting better.

Leetonidas
05-28-2014, 09:36 PM
All trolling aside, hope your wife recovers. Sounds like a real tough break

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 09:49 PM
All trolling aside, hope your wife recovers. Sounds like a real tough break

Thanks.

DJR210
05-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear Glen, hopefully she pulls through. I agree with smoking some weed and relaxing. Always helps me when stressed out. I disagree with those who say you should stay away from here, you love bashing trolls. Doing what you are passionate about is therapeutic IMO.

DMC
05-28-2014, 10:50 PM
I like this new compassionate defender schtick. It's a good look for you. A real 180.

I'm very intuitive, I knew your wife was dying.

ohmwrecker
05-28-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm very intuitive, I knew your wife was dying.

Let's recap: Earlier today, in a different thread, prior to his creating this one, I happened to notice that xmas was unusually tense and hostile. So, I expressed concern. When he made this thread I realized that he indeed have something on his mind that was troubling him. I didn't think my comment was insensitive, especially compared to some others. Apparently, you disagree. So, what you have decided to do is use this "pain thread" to air out your personal problems with me under the guise of some kind of judge of inappropriateness.

Isn't that awfully considerate of you? What a swell guy you are.

DMC
05-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Let's recap: Earlier today, in a different thread, prior to his creating this one, I happened to notice that xmas was unusually tense and hostile. So, I expressed concern. When he made this thread I realized that he indeed have something on his mind that was troubling him. I didn't think my comment was insensitive, especially compared to some others. Apparently, you disagree. So, what you have decided to do is use this "pain thread" to air out your personal problems with me under the guise of some kind of judge of inappropriateness.

Isn't that awfully considerate of you? What a swell guy you are.

Hey, I knew your wife was dying... I must be psychic. People always tell me how gifted I am but enough of me talking about me... what do YOU think of me?

mrsmaalox
05-28-2014, 11:18 PM
I know it's a difficult thing for a family member to bear, but I absolutely believe that having a loved one at the bedside as many hours of the day as possible hastens any patients recovery. Even in a coma, it really helps, I've seen it many times. Do you have someone you can work in "shifts" at her bedside? Getting yourself on a schedule would really help you to have more meaningful time for yourself and with her. It's hard for me to advise some kind of escape for you because she really needs you, but I know you know that. It sounds like there's a long road ahead, but you guys have already come a long way; all you can really do is stay calm, take deep breaths and adapt.

m>s
05-28-2014, 11:18 PM
:lmao DMC bullying niggas

mrsmaalox
05-28-2014, 11:36 PM
And I also know that people, as hard as they try, can only take so much before they snap. How the heck can that not happen with the stress that accompanies a situation like this? So if you ever feel that you may be reaching the snap point (or if someone tells you you are) you have to step back and take a look at yourself and not be afraid to ask for help. No one is going to judge you for seeking professional help. A mental health practitioner can really help out ranging from just talk or relaxation therapy and meditation all the way to counseling and medication if necessary. And there are some great medications now that don't require long term use. You are a strong person, but you are also in crisis and that's what modern psychiatry can do---give your mind a little "tune up" so you can face this crisis at your full potential. Which would greatly benefit your wife too.

SnakeBoy
05-29-2014, 02:13 PM

All of the NSAID's can be very damaging if taken in excess or used long term. My wife admits a patient around once a month for NSAID toxicity problems. Some get a gastric perforation which is potentially fatal, usually that's from ibuprofen. It's a tough situation for people with chronic pain, opioids work well and are safer but are very addictive and highly regulated while NSAIDS aren't addictive but can seriously mess you up with long term use. There are other compounds in the pipeline that avoid both those problems but they're a long ways off.

Best wishes to your wife xmas.

baseline bum
05-29-2014, 02:25 PM
All of the NSAID's can be very damaging if taken in excess or used long term. My wife admits a patient around once a month for NSAID toxicity problems. Some get a gastric perforation which is potentially fatal, usually that's from ibuprofen. It's a tough situation for people with chronic pain, opioids work well and are safer but are very addictive and highly regulated while NSAIDS aren't addictive but can seriously mess you up with long term use. There are other compounds in the pipeline that avoid both those problems but they're a long ways off.

Best wishes to your wife xmas.

How long is long term? Is a week or two of steady use bad?

SnakeBoy
05-29-2014, 02:48 PM
How long is long term? Is a week or two of steady use bad?

No a week or two is not long term, we're talking months to years for people with chronic pain. A week or two is fine as long as you stay under the maximum daily dosage. When I have allergy flare ups I get really bad sinus headaches and I'll use ibuprofen at prescription dose 800mg (4 pills) usually twice a day since it is a good anti-inflammatory, 2400mg is the max daily dose. If you get an upset stomach when you take ibuprofen your sensitive to it and you should use try a different NSAID like Naproxen.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
No a week or two is not long term, we're talking months to years for people with chronic pain. A week or two is fine as long as you stay under the maximum daily dosage. When I have allergy flare ups I get really bad sinus headaches and I'll use ibuprofen at prescription dose 800mg (4 pills) usually twice a day since it is a good anti-inflammatory, 2400mg is the max daily dose. If you get an upset stomach when you take ibuprofen your sensitive to it and you should use try a different NSAID like Naproxen.

also drink lots of water when taking these

baseline bum
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM

OK thanks. I think I said it earlier in the thread, but when I go backpacking I usually take 4 Advil a day (anywhere from a couple of days to twenty) for the altitude, but never use it otherwise.

ashbeeigh
05-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Talk to her social worker. She should have one. If not ask a nurse to talk to one. If the support groups are indeed religiously based (which I am 90% sure are not...) they can provide you with a referral to a group that is not. They may be able to just sit and talk to you for a bit too.

My family has some similar stuff going on with my family, my mom has been in and out of the hospital for the last two years for God knows what (pain, stomach issues, exhaustion, etc.) and exercise has really worked for me. If you're in the Medical Center Methodist there is a track right across the street (near the Gold's Gym) that is open to the public. It's generally a pretty peaceful place and would be a good place just to get out for a bit. Getting involved in other things, volunteering, talking to friends, work, has also helped me distract myself.

You're family will be in my thoughts.

Biernutz
05-30-2014, 01:53 AM
Your wife might try a pain management doctor where they implant wires in the spine near the nerves the go to
the pain area. They tune the in pluse from a module implanted under the skin to block the pain from that
area...This has some bad side effects like not feeling any pain from a area you have blocked.. If you break
your ankle you cant feel it.......This treatment is like a last resort...You can get relief from the pain .....Naproxen could
give you liver damage also. I had to stop taking it because on a blood test the liver test was out of range..
It's kind of like ibuprofen (Advil).......I cannot take it anymore......

100%duncan
05-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Much love from me bro. Hope everything will be fine.

spurraider21
05-30-2014, 07:02 AM
not a fan of your trolling but i wish the best for you and yours

Franklin
05-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Play some hardcore computer games (like GTA) and you will be fine. Playing such games like GTA will make you feel like being an asshole and enjoy it, tbh.

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 07:18 AM
I know it's a difficult thing for a family member to bear, but I absolutely believe that having a loved one at the bedside as many hours of the day as possible hastens any patients recovery. Even in a coma, it really helps, I've seen it many times. Do you have someone you can work in "shifts" at her bedside? Getting yourself on a schedule would really help you to have more meaningful time for yourself and with her. It's hard for me to advise some kind of escape for you because she really needs you, but I know you know that. It sounds like there's a long road ahead, but you guys have already come a long way; all you can really do is stay calm, take deep breaths and adapt.

This. Having friends and family around is huge.

RandomGuy
05-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks.

Hope she is ok, and wish you both well.

What do you need a "coping" mechanism for? Boredom? Purpose?

I have found a great deal of purpose in my kids, and kids in general. Helping and teaching and playing with the really little ones. It is fun, and very fulfilling.

The Reckoning
05-30-2014, 10:40 PM

we need a date night if that's how you relax

Joseph Kony
05-31-2014, 02:33 AM
Probably your karma for being such a massive faggot on ST tbh

hope she gets well, it's not her fault you're such a shit poster :tu

boutons_deux
05-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Between 2001 and 2010, more than 1,500 people in the U.S. died from accidental acetaminophen overdoses, ProPublica reports. This number, said the news outlet, citing data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Association of Poison Control Centers (http://www.propublica.org/article/tylenol-mcneil-fda-behind-the-numbers), is far higher than any other over-the-counter pain reliever.

Acetaminophen overdose sends as many as 78,000 Americans to the emergency room annually and results in 33,000 hospitalizations a year, federal data shows.

Acetaminophen is also the nation’s leading cause of acute liver failure, according to data from an ongoing study funded by the National Institutes for Health.

Most experts and health officials agree that when taken as recommended, Tylenol and other medications containing acetaminophen are relatively risk-free.

However, as the new report points out, taking twice or sometimes even just a little bit more than the daily recommended dose of 4 grams (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002598.htm) of Tylenol over the course of a few days can result in severe illness and even death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/tylenol-overdose_n_3976991.html

Compare this FDA-approved, OTC generic drug acetaminophen maiming and deaths with Schedule I marijuana maiming and deaths.

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 03:56 PM

At this point, her liver is probably damaged but the liver is the one organ that heals itself fully when it's allowed to, so she can go back to normal. Doctors probably found her liver enzymes (ALT, Alk. Phos) elevated which indicates liver damage. The liver is one of the hardiest organs we have, it fixes itself if you allow it. Unlike the kidney or brain, once your nephrons or nerves die off that's it, they cannot regenerate themselves.

At this point, I truly believe in a holistic approach, I would strongly suggest looking into a 3 day detox once she heals from all this. There are some very solid detox diets, it can clean out all the damage from NSAID's and Tylenol, etc. Lastly, I have seen Milk thistle do wonders, the research much like research for all great things is inconclusive. However, I have seen horrific liver damage be healed with milk thistle.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/renew-life-critical-liver-support-90-veggie-caps/rw-1052#.U4pBy_ldXP0

It's a relatively inexpensive product as well.

xmas1997
05-31-2014, 04:08 PM
She is still in the hopital and doing better. Her ammonia levels have gone from 76 yesterday down to 55 today and her CO2 level has stabilized.
But naturally she is still exhausted every time she gets up to use the restroom and when she talks.
The GE is working very closely now with her pain management doctor to prevent it happening again.
She has been lucid the past few days too.
Thanks to everyone who have expressed concern and info.

baseline bum
05-31-2014, 04:28 PM
She is still in the hopital and doing better. Her ammonia levels have gone from 76 yesterday down to 55 today and her CO2 level has stabilized.
But naturally she is still exhausted every time she gets up to use the restroom and when she talks.
The GE is working very closely now with her pain management doctor to prevent it happening again.
She has been lucid the past few days too.
Thanks to everyone who have expressed concern and info.

Have no idea what those numbers mean, but good to hear she has been doing well the last few days. :tu

xmas1997
05-31-2014, 04:31 PM
Have no idea what those numbers mean, but good to hear she has been doing well the last few days. :tu

Thanks, the GE (gastroenterologist) said normal is an ammonia level in the 30s. Ammonia spikes generally happen when you are in the 80s or higher.
Hers were in the 90s last Saturday.

mrsmaalox
05-31-2014, 04:36 PM
At this point, her liver is probably damaged but the liver is the one organ that heals itself fully when it's allowed to, so she can go back to normal. Doctors probably found her liver enzymes (ALT, Alk. Phos) elevated which indicates liver damage. The liver is one of the hardiest organs we have, it fixes itself if you allow it. Unlike the kidney or brain, once your nephrons or nerves die off that's it, they cannot regenerate themselves.

At this point, I truly believe in a holistic approach, I would strongly suggest looking into a 3 day detox once she heals from all this. There are some very solid detox diets, it can clean out all the damage from NSAID's and Tylenol, etc. Lastly, I have seen Milk thistle do wonders, the research much like research for all great things is inconclusive. However, I have seen horrific liver damage be healed with milk thistle.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/renew-life-critical-liver-support-90-veggie-caps/rw-1052#.U4pBy_ldXP0

It's a relatively inexpensive product as well.

A healthy liver can repair itself, a diseased/damaged one cannot. And once it is diseased or damaged it can never "go back to normal". From xmas info, my take is that the doctors did not just find an elevation of liver enzymes but significant liver damage. People walk around normally with elevated liver enzymes all the time, and in a healthy liver milkthistle can be helpful for regeneration and prevention of further damage. I am a true believer that holistics can be effective (my personal physician practices integrative medicine that combines traditional, alternative and holistic methods) but I have to say that in my approx. 20 year career in ICU medicine the only successful treatment for "horrific liver damage" that I have ever seen is liver transplant. I think we may have differing definitions of "horrific".

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 04:49 PM
A healthy liver can repair itself, a diseased/damaged one cannot. And once it is diseased or damaged it can never "go back to normal". From xmas info, my take is that the doctors did not just find an elevation of liver enzymes but significant liver damage. People walk around normally with elevated liver enzymes all the time, and in a healthy liver milkthistle can be helpful for regeneration and prevention of further damage. I am a true believer that holistics can be effective (my personal physician practices integrative medicine that combines traditional, alternative and holistic methods) but I have to say that in my approx. 20 year career in ICU medicine the only successful treatment for "horrific liver damage" that I have ever seen is liver transplant. I think we may have differing definitions of "horrific".

I didnt read the entire thread, but OP didn't mention horrific liver damage, did he? He mentioned liver damage and ammonia levels being elevated. From my experience, liver failure is an entirely different topic than liver damage. As you mentioned, many walk around with elevated liver enzymes, a few weeks of drinking hard can cause that, or over supplementing your diet.

However, I worked with a juicer who had a similar situation, liver damage due to elevated use of anabolic steroids + incorrect post cycle therapy + drinking + cocaine + tylenol use. We saw significant recovery when he just got off everything for 6 months, adjusted his diet, and also took milk thistle.

Again, I am not sure if OP's girl has severe liver damage, but it would take quite a lot of tylenol to achieve that.

xmas1997
05-31-2014, 05:01 PM
I didnt read the entire thread, but OP didn't mention horrific liver damage, did he? He mentioned liver damage and ammonia levels being elevated. From my experience, liver failure is an entirely different topic than liver damage. As you mentioned, many walk around with elevated liver enzymes, a few weeks of drinking hard can cause that, or over supplementing your diet.

However, I worked with a juicer who had a similar situation, liver damage due to elevated use of anabolic steroids + incorrect post cycle therapy + drinking + cocaine + tylenol use. We saw significant recovery when he just got off everything for 6 months, adjusted his diet, and also took milk thistle.

Again, I am not sure if OP's girl has severe liver damage, but it would take quite a lot of tylenol to achieve that.

I do not think it is severe from talks with the GE. She said that once my wife is off the pain meds, that they have a new pill that works for Hep C that she will begin taking that does not have the adverse side effects of interferon. She believes that her liver will get better.

mrsmaalox
05-31-2014, 05:01 PM

No Op did not mention "horrific", you did. What he describes is liver disease not just elevated liver enzymes. Liver disease and liver failure both result in liver damage. He also mentioned that it is a result of quite a lot of Tylenol.

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 05:07 PM
No Op did not mention "horrific", you did. What he describes is liver disease not just elevated liver enzymes. Liver disease and liver failure both result in liver damage. He also mentioned that it is a result of quite a lot of Tylenol.

Regardless, the suggestion still stands. At this point, the holistic approach is best.

mrsmaalox
05-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Regardless, the suggestion still stands. At this point, the holistic approach is best.

I'm not taking issue with holistics in general or even xmas' wife's case, I think she probably has enough liver function to carry on well once she gets thru this crisis. My issue really was with your statement that holistics (milkthistle) can reverse "horrific" liver damage. It's just not possible.

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm not taking issue with holistics in general or even xmas' wife's case, I think she probably has enough liver function to carry on well once she gets thru this crisis. My issue really was with your statement that holistics (milkthistle) can reverse "horrific" liver damage. It's just not possible.

It depends on your definition of horrific. What do you think of the word horrific?

mrsmaalox
05-31-2014, 05:32 PM
It depends on your definition of horrific. What do you think of the word horrific?

:lol That's what I said in my first comment to you. But to me, horrific in regards to livers, does not mean just elevated liver enzymes.

But now I'm perplexed about this liver damage because he initially said Tylenol was the cause, but he just mentioned the new hep c medication (which a friend of mine is on: $84,000 for 12 week therapy :wow) and I don't know of any hepatitis med that can fix Tylenol damage----those are 2 different conditions and types of damage. :huh

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 08:24 PM
:lol That's what I said in my first comment to you. But to me, horrific in regards to livers, does not mean just elevated liver enzymes.

But now I'm perplexed about this liver damage because he initially said Tylenol was the cause, but he just mentioned the new hep c medication (which a friend of mine is on: $84,000 for 12 week therapy :wow) and I don't know of any hepatitis med that can fix Tylenol damage----those are 2 different conditions and types of damage. :huh

Agreed, I'm confident OP's girlfriend has doctors doing their work on her. I hope all works out for him, keep us updated

Asshole
06-01-2014, 04:08 AM
If the support groups are indeed religiously based (which I am 90% sure are not...) they can provide you with a referral to a group that is not.

My family has some similar stuff going on with my family, my mom has been in and out of the hospital for the last two years for God

So what the the reasoning you are 90% sure of the support groups? And you send your fearing loving mom to these psychopaths?

Please refer me to your other fear based support so I can become human.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I believe in God, I am a Catholic Christian after all. And I've also done my stint as an atheist, agnostic, etc, at various times in my life, but I've learned a thing or two and know what I know.
My point is that I believe that God helps those who help themselves, thus I prefer not to always go begging for help over every thing under the sun. If it is her, or my, time, then there is nothing I can do about that.
So I don't want to go to some religious based support group. They usually have the same old fanatical motivations for doing things and being an intelligent person, that does not appeal to me.
To each his/her own.
But I do greatly thank and appreciate your prayers because I am sure they help.

xmas1997
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
I just want to say thank you to all of you who posted well wishes and prayers.
She is home again and much much better, her ammonia level is down to 29 today which is probably better than most of us to be honest.
I word of caution. It came to light that she had not had a bowel movement in over 5 days before this all occurred. The liver expels the ammonia build up through shit, so make sure you shit at least once a day or this could also happen to you even if your liver is in great shape. The combination of not shitting for awhile and the tylenol had this effect on her, the ammonia spikes and all.
Thankfully her liver was not damaged or she would not have recovered so quickly, she was only hospitalized for 10 days, but things could have gotten worse.
Just make sure all of you make a shit sculpture every day.
Thank all of you again, I do sincerely appreciate everything and all the great ideas put forth, as well as foregoing the trolling for a bit and acting like decent human beings. I won't forget those who held back, nor will I forget those who were and are assholes.

johnsmith
06-02-2014, 04:33 PM
nor will I forget those who were and are assholes.

Lol...scary stuff

xmas1997
06-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Lol...scary stuff

You know what I mean.
And thank you for your well wishes too.
Very classy of you tbh.

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
perfect timing

ashbeeigh
06-03-2014, 01:15 PM
So I don't want to go to some religious based support group. They usually have the same old fanatical motivations for doing things and being an intelligent person, that does not appeal to me.
To each his/her own.
But I do greatly thank and appreciate your prayers because I am sure they help.

just to be clear, many of those groups are run my social workers who work for Methodist Healthcare Ministries. Within the field of social work and counseling there may be an overall arching theme of religiosity, but within the ethical standards and practices of those support groups, unless you go to one that is specifically written to be "Prayer for Healing" there usually isn't a religious undertone. It;s I understand your reasoning for avoiding them (based on your experience) but I did want to clear that up. Here is a link which discusses Methodist's Support group philosophy. I searched for "religion," "faith" and "God" and none appeared. http://sahealth.com/your-health/?/24805/Support-Groups--How-Do-They-Help-

I have been thinking of your wife and your family and am glad things are getting better for you.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2014, 01:19 PM
just to be clear, many of those groups are run my social workers who work for Methodist Healthcare Ministries. Within the field of social work and counseling there may be an overall arching theme of religiosity, but within the ethical standards and practices of those support groups, unless you go to one that is specifically written to be "Prayer for Healing" there usually isn't a religious undertone. It;s I understand your reasoning for avoiding them (based on your experience) but I did want to clear that up.

I have been thinking of your wife and your family and am glad things are getting better for you.

I prescribe you should spend more time on punctuation and proofing and less time on Thesaurus

Brazil
06-03-2014, 04:31 PM
I had no idea Tylenol could damage liver...

hope she will be fine xmas

xmas1997
06-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Thanks, Brazil.

cantthinkofanything
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Brazil.

Update please. How is your wife's liver and health situation?

Cry Havoc
07-07-2014, 04:43 PM

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/tylenol-may-not-be-as-safe-and-effective-as-we-thought/

Good info here. It's safe for healthy individuals, but obviously not at extreme doses or over long term use.

Brazil
08-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Well... it tuns out that Chump, Blake, mallox, johnsmith... have been pretty decent in this thread... we cannot say the same unfortunately of xmas in the blake's thread...

For atheists they showed compassion, for being christian xmas is a pure asshole in comparaison...

that's pretty sad if you ask me

TDMVPDPOY
08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
if ur atheists the only thing u believe in is what u see and present

i was in the same situation as the OP a few years ago when my dad had a lung infection required to cut 1 and half of the other...

family is non religious didnt believe in hocus pocus bullshit, just believe they are in good care and let the doctors/surgeons do their job...what else is there to do besides leaning on the hands of the doctors that it is a successful surgery

DisAsTerBot
08-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Well... it tuns out that Chump, Blake, mallox, johnsmith... have been pretty decent in this thread... we cannot say the same unfortunately of xmas in the blake's thread...

For atheists they showed compassion, for being christian xmas is a pure asshole in comparaison...

spurraider21
08-26-2014, 01:30 PM
:cry but i thought all atheists are assholes and christians tend to be good people

TeyshaBlue
08-26-2014, 01:36 PM

You resurrected this thread to post that?
Dick move tbh.

spurraider21
08-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Dick move tbh.
blake's thread is resurrected on a daily basis to launch harsher attacks on him. dickier moves

TeyshaBlue
08-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Troof.

Brazil
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
:cry but i thought all atheists are assholes and christians tend to be good people

me too :cry

Brazil
08-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Dick move tbh.

as mentioned by SR21, blake's thread is dated from 2010 and is being bumped on a regular and again today. I just found singular to see that the so called assholes chump, blake and co have been pretty nice in this thread while being called out for being atheists troll with no morale. The so called christians on the other hand...

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 09:20 PM

Total misrepresentation of the facts.
You had best go back and read where I first posted in Blake's thread for the truth, but then I realize the truth is not what matters to you, so kindly fuck off.
:lol

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 09:27 PM
And for what it's worth I am in the ER with my wife right now.

She was doing great but suffered something new and we are waiting for the tests.

Yet I am answering as many questions as I can in the other threads which IMHO is the polite decent thing to do, but it doesn't change my opinion of the trolls on here, they are a necessary evil.

benefactor
08-26-2014, 09:31 PM
So you are in the ER with your wife but you are here on ST posting about trolls and truces?:lol

Sorry, that just reeks of attention whoring.

Avante
08-26-2014, 09:33 PM
So you are in the ER with your wife but you are here on ST posting about trolls and truces?:lol

Hey asshole, shut the fuck up....got it!

benefactor
08-26-2014, 09:35 PM
When I read that in my head in a pinched off, fat guy voice it's quite funny.

Avante
08-26-2014, 09:38 PM
When I read that in my head in a pinched off, fat guy voice it's quite funny.

What would be funny is you shitting your pants if I were standing two feet in front of you....faggot!

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 09:38 PM

You've obviously never sat for hours worrying beside a sick loved one before and sought any distraction from the worry and tedium.

How do you live with yourself?

If we are all lucky you will die an early death.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2014, 09:51 PM
And for what it's worth I am in the ER with my wife right now.

She was doing great but suffered something new and we are waiting for the tests.

Yet I am answering as many questions as I can in the other threads which IMHO is the polite decent thing to do, but it doesn't change my opinion of the trolls on here, they are a necessary evil.My honest suggestion is to get off this board til she gets out of the hospital.

In my opinion, no one will question your politeness if you do.

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 09:53 PM
My honest suggestion is to get off this board til she gets out of the hospital.

In my opinion, no one will question your politeness if you do.

You can stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

Your opinion means nothing.

ohmwrecker
08-26-2014, 09:57 PM
I had a feeling . . . never mind.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2014, 09:57 PM
You can stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

Your opinion means nothing.Seriously man, in my opinion you seem to be going off the rails here. I know it's a stressful time for you but this doesn't seem to be working as an outlet for that stress.

benefactor
08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
You've obviously never sat for hours worrying beside a sick loved one before and sought any distraction from the worry and tedium.

:lol...I wouldn't be on fucking Spurstalk talking about trolls. Damn this place is full of weird, attention hungry old guys now. Can't wait for this season of ST to end.

benefactor
08-26-2014, 10:37 PM
What would be funny if I were standing two feet in front of you.
Yes, seeing you in all of your fat glory would be pretty comical.

Avante
08-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Yes, seeing you in all of your fat glory would be pretty comical.

Funny how I simply must be fat, based on.......0. Do you just wander around in a fantasy world?

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Seriously man, in my opinion you seem to be going off the rails here. I know it's a stressful time for you but this doesn't seem to be working as an outlet for that stress.

I know what I am doing.

Are you not going to answer my question after I answered yours?

benefactor
08-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Do you just wander around in a fantasy world?
You tell me...since this is something you are actually an expert on.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2014, 10:55 PM
I know what I am doing.

Are you not going to answer my question after I answered yours?Asked and answered.

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 11:01 PM
For those of you truly concerned, they got her tests back and are admitting her to the hospital because her I & R levels are at 10 when it is supposed to be around 2.7 to 3.7.

This would explain why she is bleeding somewhere internally and out her ass. It has to do with her cumedin medicine thinning her blood to prevent clots from forming, but they say she is going to be fine.

Cry Havoc
08-26-2014, 11:13 PM

To be fair, if I was with my wife in the ER and worried constantly, my head would be in a pretty fucked up place too. Doesn't mean I'd spend the time on Spurstalk, but I can't say I'd be in a frame of mind where I'd be doing anything productive, either.

xmas1997
08-26-2014, 11:18 PM
To be fair, if I was with my wife in the ER and worried constantly, my head would be in a pretty fucked up place too. Doesn't mean I'd spend the time on Spurstalk, but I can't say I'd be in a frame of mind where I'd be doing anything productive, either.

Fair enough.

johnsmith
08-27-2014, 06:53 AM

So your wife is in the hospital and you're wishing death on strangers.

Lol.

DJR210
08-27-2014, 07:37 AM

Lol.

Damn, that's pretty fucked up xmas1997. He has a point, whether he is an evil troll or not.

cantthinkofanything
08-27-2014, 08:17 AM
For those of you truly concerned, they got her tests back and are admitting her to the hospital because her I & R levels are at 10 when it is supposed to be around 2.7 to 3.7.

This would explain why she is bleeding somewhere internally and out her ass. It has to do with her cumedin medicine thinning her blood to prevent clots from forming, but they say she is going to be fine.

Come on. Now you're doing the "hey, obviously trolling shtick" because the sick wife one flopped was quickly called out.

benefactor
08-27-2014, 08:33 AM

Lol.
My favorite is this truth nuke maalox hit him with in Blake's thread about his wife cheating:

But where did he ridicule something that was painful for you, like your wife's condition, that you feel it is fair for you to ridicule him about a painful event in his life? Just curious. I figure if he was a troll, he'd have no boundaries and be bumping your wife's thread with hundreds of emoticons every day. Somehow what you say he is and what you say you are, don't really match according to both your actions.
:lol wanting sympathy for your sick wife
:lol making fun of another man who loses his

Leetonidas
08-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Damn, that's pretty fucked up xmas1997. He has a point, whether he is an evil troll or not.

Seriously, what a fucking chode. Too bad liver disease isn't contagious tbh but AIDS is and he will surely catch it from his unprotected ass sex with resident pedo Avante and inmate ass fingerer sbm

Blake
08-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Funny how I simply must be fat, based on.......0. Do you just wander around in a fantasy world?

Based on your old age, height of 6'1" and weight of 285, the body mass index chart declares you to be fat.

And no, nobody needs to see pictures of wrestlers with you asking "what about this guy? Is he fat too?"

Clipper Nation
08-27-2014, 09:28 AM
You had the opportunity to prove otherwise by holding up your end of the bet with benefactor, but instead you welched because you are fat and embarrassed....

Brazil
08-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Seriously, what a fucking chode. Too bad liver disease isn't contagious tbh but AIDS is and he will surely catch it from his unprotected ass sex with resident pedo Avante and inmate ass fingerer sbm

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 11:14 AM

I thought that was the problem you were suffering from along with dementia.

You should get with Brazil, chump, and Blake and have a foursome, hold each other's hands as you all croak your last breaths together, that would be a pleasure to witness. Then I could go later and piss on your graves. :lol

Brazil
08-27-2014, 11:50 AM

You should get with Brazil, chump, and Blake and have a foursome, hold each other's hands as you all croak your last breaths together, that would be a pleasure to witness. Then I could go later and piss on your graves. :lol

Leetonidas has a point... too bad liver disease is not contagious that would be the best outcome of your miserable life

let me put a :lol here

bad ass crusader :lol

DJR210
08-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Damn, xmas1997's demeanor has really taken a turn for the worst. Very macabre outlook toward the other posters IMO.

I would like to request a group prayer for xmas1997, he is obviously touched by Satan.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Damn, xmas1997's demeanor has really taken a turn for the worst. Very macabre outlook toward the other posters IMO.

I would like to request a group prayer for xmas1997, he is obviously touched by Satan.

So says the atheist.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 11:59 AM
So says the atheist.

so Says the good christian wishing others death and making fun of a divorce :lol

benefactor
08-27-2014, 12:00 PM

God has lifted his noodly appendage.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 12:04 PM
so Says the good christian wishing others death and making fun of a divorce :lol

Roaches, like you pathetic loser classless trolls, don't deserve anything less than being squashed.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Roaches, like you pathetic loser classless trolls, don't deserve anything less than being squashed.

:cry

stop hurting my feelings and wishing I die... I'm an atheist faggot... only a good Christian can find the necessary compassion to forgive my sins... I have no morale and I did not receive any Christian education... what is your excuse ?

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 12:24 PM

stop hurting my feelings and wishing I die... I'm an atheist faggot... only a good Christian can find the necessary compassion to forgive my sins... I have no morale and I did not receive any Christian education... what is your excuse ?

Sorry for the slur.

My mistake.

Enjoy your life in bold.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Sorry for the slur.

My mistake.

Enjoy your life in bold.

:cry pls make it stop :cry

you so cruel
you evil you

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 12:46 PM
:cry pls make it stop :cry

you so cruel
you evil you

Oh, my mistake.

You are right again.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Oh, my mistake.

You are right again.

:tu it means a lot to me

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 12:49 PM
:tu it means a lot to me

My mistake.

I should have known.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
My mistake.

I should have known.

don't feel bad tbh

everybody makes mistakes

look for instance a smart guy like me makes mistakes too well not very often but it happens

Blake
08-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Glad to hear your wife is better. :tu

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Glad to hear your wife is better. :tu

Thank you, Blake, if you were truly being sincere, I commend you.

First decent thing you've said in a millennium, I'll need to reassess my opinion of you.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 01:06 PM
don't feel bad tbh

everybody makes mistakes

look for instance a smart guy like me makes mistakes too well not very often but it happens

I've said many times on here I am merely human and will make my share of them.

That is where we learn our greatest lessons IMHO.

Blake
08-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Thank you, Blake, if you were truly being sincere, I commend you.

First decent thing you've said in a millennium, I'll need to reassess my opinion of you.

I post as it suits me. If I cared about others opinions of me, I would have stopped posting here a long time ago.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 01:29 PM
I've said many times on here I am merely human and will make my share of them.

That is where we learn our greatest lessons IMHO.

:tu tbh

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 01:30 PM
I post how I'm gonna post. If I cared about others opinions of me, I would have stopped posting here a long time ago.

Well it was still a nice thing to say even though I know good and well you don't like me at all.

Maybe there is hope we can see each other differently and maybe even respect each other a little in the future.

Blake
08-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Well it was still a nice thing to say even though I know good and well you don't like me at all.

Maybe there is hope we can see each other differently and maybe even respect each other a little in the future.

I don't hate or like you. I don't even know you.

the trick for me is that I don't take things personal here. My advice is that you don't either and we just have fun with the back and forth ribbing.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't hate or like you. I don't even know you.

the trick for me is that I don't take things personal here. My advice is that you don't either and we just have fun with the back and forth ribbing.

Advice taken tbqh.

I rarely if ever invest any of my emotions here anyway contrary to what the trolls like to accuse, been there, done that, bought the whole nine yards, and won't do it again since my arguments with SBM.

The Gemini Method
08-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Cheers, Xmas. Good to hear your wife is doing better. May you two enjoy many more years of life together.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Cheers, Xmas. Good to hear your wife is doing better. May you two enjoy many more years of life together.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

She is in a room now and should get out tomorrow ay the latest.

Leetonidas
08-27-2014, 04:15 PM

DJR210
08-27-2014, 04:37 PM
So says the atheist.

For the record, I'm no aetheist. I'm open to religion, but I am waiting for a spiritual event to make me a believer. The science argument opens the door to too many questions regarding religion, so I am skeptical at this point. I was raised to be a Catholic, but started to question religion in my teens.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 04:44 PM
For the record, I'm no aetheist. I'm open to religion, but I am waiting for a spiritual event to make me a believer. The science argument opens the door to too many questions regarding religion, so I am skeptical at this point. I was raised to be a Catholic, but started to question religion in my teens.

We share that in common then as you undoubtedly know by now from many of the threads.

My bad for mislabeling you.

You may be more like chinook, a deist who subscribes to a "prime mover" of the Big Bang.

Or you could be going through an agnostic stage as I did.

I came full circle though after some inner very "subjective" revelations.

It is all good.

DJR210
08-27-2014, 04:45 PM

xmas1997 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8600), serious question. Does your wife know you are posting on a forum with the majority random strangers that she is "bleeding out of her ass"? Assuming you are being truthful about this, it just seems in bad taste to relinquish this type of detail on the forum.

Either way, glad to hear she is doing better :tu

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 04:54 PM
xmas1997, serious question. Does your wife know you are posting on a forum with the majority random strangers that she is "bleeding out of her ass"? Assuming you are being truthful about this, it just seems in bad taste to relinquish this type of detail on the forum.

She wasn't embarrassed about it because it happened when she took a shit, not all the time, but combined with a lower stomach ache was concerning, so I took her in to be safe.

It is a good thing I did.

She knows that some on here have maybe had similar experiences and could possibly have some insight, but by that time we were already there.

She is a labor and delivery nurse so she isn't shy or reticent about the subject of health and symptoms so it didn't bother her in the slightest.

Plus you are all strangers anyway and unless you meet her at a GTG, will probably remain that way.

cantthinkofanything
08-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Xmas...I've been pondering your wife's case and axed myself, "What would House do?". I think there might be an alternate explanation as to why she might be bleeding from her anus. Pleas provide me the treating physician's name and contact info and I'd be happy to discuss with him.

RD2191
08-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Hey man, hope your wife gets to feeling better.

xmas1997
08-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Hey man, hope your wife gets to feeling better.

Thanks Rob, looks like she will be there one more day until her I & R levels get back to normal.

spurraider21
02-20-2015, 02:12 PM

DJR210
02-20-2015, 07:14 PM

"My wife is perfectly fine with me disclosing her bleeding ass situation on ST" - Glen

benefactor
02-20-2015, 07:36 PM
:lol...the Season of Glen was a pretty good time overall.

Avante
02-20-2015, 08:14 PM
This is what people really wanna do here. Not that they'll admit it, they miss these kinds of threads.

DJR210
02-21-2015, 03:52 AM
I'll be the first to admit I miss Glen's bullshit. Logging in daily for the next chapter in his ST meltdown was good times..helped my work day go that much faster tbh

RD2191
02-21-2015, 10:29 AM
That was a bit much.:lol

mrsmaalox
02-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Poor pathetic Glen :lol

spurraider21
02-21-2015, 06:14 PM
That was a bit much.:lol
It's not funny. Sodomy is against the bibles teachings.