PDA

View Full Version : What Would be the League's Ultimate Goal This Season?

DMC
05-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Would it be to get Lebron to a larger market like LA or NY? Since he can walk after this year, would a loss in the Finals be a better way to get him to pack up and move elsewhere? If so, would having the reigning MVP beat him set up a rivalry that would garner more sponsorship and viewers?

You have to see the bigger picture. It's not just about the boring Spurs.

crc21209
05-28-2014, 07:34 PM
If getting LeBron to lose in the Finals and leave Miami is your goal, then you need the best team possible to try and do that, and that team would be the Spurs. OKC would get wrecked again...

DMC
05-28-2014, 07:37 PM
If getting LeBron to lose in the Finals and leave Miami is your goal, then you need the best team possible to try and do that, and that team would be the Spurs. OKC would get wrecked again...

Not if you have the fix in with the refs. We'll see how that goes.

hitmantb
05-28-2014, 07:38 PM
GDP is too old and no further marketing potential, they are trying to set Durant up as a rival to LeBron and all it takes is a couple of touch calls during momentum swaying moment.

I actually want Thunder to win it all IF they beat the Spurs. With only 2 rings, 4 MVP, 2 FMVP, LeBron won't be undisputed top 5 and Duncan's 4 rings, 2 MVP, 3 FMVP compares equal or better to him.

Thunder, if healthy, is a much more matured team than their 2012 version. Harden is gone, sure, but their big three is quite a bit more matured. Durant at his best is now on LeBron's level. I know Durant had some really bad games this playoffs but I am afraid he is peaking at the right time. LeBron also had 2007 finals against Spurs, 2011 finals against Mavs, even 2013 finals game 1-5 against Spurs.

Miami hasn't played a single good team this entire post season, I really feel Thunder's ceiling is higher than the Heat. In fact, if the version of Thunder that beat Spurs in games 3-6 showed up they would have won the title that year. They just didn't play with the same intensity that year.

DMC
05-29-2014, 01:33 PM
GDP is too old and no further marketing potential, they are trying to set Durant up as a rival to LeBron and all it takes is a couple of touch calls during momentum swaying moment.

I actually want Thunder to win it all IF they beat the Spurs. With only 2 rings, 4 MVP, 2 FMVP, LeBron won't be undisputed top 5 and Duncan's 4 rings, 2 MVP, 3 FMVP compares equal or better to him.

Thunder, if healthy, is a much more matured team than their 2012 version. Harden is gone, sure, but their big three is quite a bit more matured. Durant at his best is now on LeBron's level. I know Durant had some really bad games this playoffs but I am afraid he is peaking at the right time. LeBron also had 2007 finals against Spurs, 2011 finals against Mavs, even 2013 finals game 1-5 against Spurs.

Miami hasn't played a single good team this entire post season, I really feel Thunder's ceiling is higher than the Heat. In fact, if the version of Thunder that beat Spurs in games 3-6 showed up they would have won the title that year. They just didn't play with the same intensity that year.

The Westbrook took over and shot the team into oblivion, but he got his.