PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Top 5 coach in the NBA?

apalisoc_9
05-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Who do you think are the best coaches in the NBA right now?

1. Pop
2. Jim Carey
3. Tom thibbs
4. Charlotte coach
5. Erick Spo-Vogel-Joerger

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 09:48 PM
i think everybody on this forum will put Carlisle top 2 now after the first round series :lol

Venti Quattro
05-28-2014, 09:51 PM
1. Pop
2. Rick
3. Spo (At least give him some credit, four finals in four years is no joke)
4. Thibs
5. Hollins or Joerger

Malik Hairston
05-28-2014, 10:42 PM
1. Carlisle
2. Pop
3. Van Gundy
4. Thibs
5. Spoelstra

Too early to analyze Bud and Clifford, tbh..

Kidd K
05-28-2014, 11:27 PM
Tom Thibedeau is not a top 3 coach. This is coming from a Bulls fan.

His defensive coachin is A caliber but gets an F for his offensive mind. Watching the Bulls play after watching a Spurs game is like seeing how well your car runs after you slam it head first into a brick wall. Fuckin horrible.

Malik Hairston
05-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Tom Thibedeau is not a top 3 coach. This is coming from a Bulls fan.

His defensive coachin is A caliber but gets an F for his offensive mind. Watching the Bulls play after watching a Spurs game is like seeing how well your car runs after you slam it head first into a brick wall. Fuckin horrible.

They have arguably the worst roster in the NBA:lol..they literally don't have a player that can create his own shot..

They ranked 5th in offense when Rose played..

-21-
05-29-2014, 07:21 AM
1. Carlisle
2. Pop
3. Van Gundy
4. Thibs
5. Spoelstra

Too early to analyze Bud and Clifford, tbh..

This, pretty much. Maybe Pop should be on top but whatever.

Kidd K
05-29-2014, 09:19 AM
They have arguably the worst roster in the NBA:lol..they literally don't have a player that can create his own shot..

They ranked 5th in offense when Rose played..

No they don't, wtf? lol. They have good players. You don't need players to create their own shots if you have a coach who's worth a fuck. How many Spurs players do you think can create their own shots? Seriously? Parker can, Manu barely can anymore. Then what?

Rose carried them offensively when he was still around. Don't act like Nate Robinson Augustine, Rip Hamilton, Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, etc couldn't create their own shots. You seem like one of those people who think stars do everything and PPG is the biggest reflection of offensive talent.

Bulls ranked 20th and 18th in points per game with MVP Rose carrying Thibs' sorry ass offensive coaching. Thibedeau is a TERRIBLE offensive coach. I have seen over 200 games he has coached. His playbook is the size of a pamphlet.

TIMMYtoZO
05-29-2014, 02:43 PM
:lol Spoelstra only belongs at #5 because the rest of the competition is garbage. I don't care about his ring count, this team has unnecessary series that get extended cause of him. If Carlisle were coaching Miami, they'd be gunning for a perfect postseason. Miami couldn't close out the Pacers last night despite given so many chances. They'll win the series, sure, but Spoelstra is a shitty coach. I can't believe people still think he is actually top notch, tbh. His inability to have a dominant postseason with a roster like this says it all. :lol

Mal
05-29-2014, 03:06 PM
1. Rivers
2. Brown
3. Scott
4. Casey
5. Gentry

Malik Hairston
05-29-2014, 03:29 PM
:lol Spoelstra only belongs at #5 because the rest of the competition is garbage. I don't care about his ring count, this team has unnecessary series that get extended cause of him. If Carlisle were coaching Miami, they'd be gunning for a perfect postseason. Miami couldn't close out the Pacers last night despite given so many chances. They'll win the series, sure, but Spoelstra is a shitty coach. I can't believe people still think he is actually top notch, tbh. His inability to have a dominant postseason with a roster like this says it all. :lol

Spoelstra was horrible in year 1, he even admitted they didn't work on any offensive sets, at all..

I think he's in the top 5 now, though, mostly by default, like you said..

DMC
05-29-2014, 03:30 PM
1. Rivers
2. Brown
3. Scott
4. Casey
5. Gentry

Solid list but I would have put Woodard at the top even though he's not currently coaching.

DMC
05-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Spoelstra was horrible in year 1, he even admitted they didn't work on any offensive sets, at all..

I think he's in the top 5 now, though, mostly by default, like you said..

He has to think whatever he's doing is working well. It's amazing how good a coach can look if he has the lion's share of the NBA talent on one team.

Malik Hairston
05-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Obviously it's much easier to win if you have the greatest player in NBA history on your team, but Wade/Bosh were virtually non-factors in last year's playoffs, so it was a solid coaching job from Spoelstra(although it's a little embarrassing that it took him 6 games to figure out Danny Green is a great 3-point shooter)..

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Wade and Bosh were responsible for the two offensive rebounds :depressed

Clipper Nation
05-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Wade and Bosh were responsible for the two offensive rebounds :depressed

Wade was responsible for the Heat needing bailout shots from LeBron and Allen, tbh....

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Wade was responsible for the Heat needing bailout shots from LeBron and Allen, tbh....
LeBron's bailout shot bailed out his own miss and was only possible because of Wade

Clipper Nation
05-29-2014, 04:33 PM
LeBron's bailout shot bailed out his own miss and was only possible because of Wade

Wade ruined the spacing when he checked in and blew the lead that the LeBron/shooters lineup had built up, which is what made LeBron and Allen's shots matter....

Wade got bailed outPERIOD

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Wade ruined the spacing when he checked in and blew the lead that the LeBron/shooters lineup had built up, which is what made LeBron and Allen's shots matter....

Last minute of game six 0/2, 1 air all, 2 To's, step back 3 in his face, blown coverage

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 04:42 PM

we've been over this. lebron beasted in the 4th and had quite a bit of help in the final minute to save his legacy