4 rebounds a game
1 assist a game
10 pts/game
+- of -17

:pctoss

testies
05-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Spurstalk overrate him because he's black and american

Papanikolau is a better SF than him, we should look to get him ASAP to complete the full blown high IQ team

rasuo214
05-29-2014, 01:34 AM
More like the entire starting lineup is shitting the bed.

Stabula
05-29-2014, 01:36 AM
I'm shitting the bed

spurs10
05-29-2014, 01:40 AM
We are all shitting the bed.

Malik Hairston
05-29-2014, 01:40 AM
No driving lanes with Duncan/Splitter in the game together, Ibaka just sits in the lane waiting for any Spur to drive since he doesn't have to leave the paint..Leonard can't drive, since most of his minutes come with Duncan/Splitter, since his coach doesn't realize he's 22 and can play 40 per game..

slick'81
05-29-2014, 01:45 AM
He's been Mia for shoo his jumper as well has been doodoo

in2deep
05-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Hes playing like crap

HI-FI
05-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Yeah, him and Duncan are my favorites on this current team but both haven't stepped up. agree with Malik, why isn't he playing more minutes? :bang It might get him going.

I guess you could say the same for Green. I hope Pop hasn't gone overboard with this new age micromanaging. I realize he has to do it at times because of the core's age, but he needs to drop the leash soon. Time to go balls to the wall.

hater
05-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Spurstalk overrate him because he's black and american

Papanikolau is a better SF than him, we should look to get him ASAP to complete the full blown high IQ team

You might be onto something

Never seen a player as overrated and coddled as Kawhi by spursfan. As soon as someone points out his shit play spursfan is quick to say "but so and so are playing like shit" smh

WE ARE LOSING GRASP ON THIS SERIES MAINLY BECAUSE KAWHI IS PLAYING LIKE A DLEAGUER.

Kawhi was one of the main reasons we were able to push the Heat last year. Hes supposed to be out best defender and most efficient offender. Where the fuck is he?

Hopefully he can find his balls otherwise he ll be the main culprit in this chokejob.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-29-2014, 01:58 AM
No driving lanes with Duncan/Splitter in the game together, Ibaka just sits in the lane waiting for any Spur to drive since he doesn't have to leave the paint..Leonard can't drive, since most of his minutes come with Duncan/Splitter, since his coach doesn't realize he's 22 and can play 40 per game..
Nothing else needs to be said, kawhi haters will ignore this post...

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 02:03 AM
basically we need bonner to step up

hater
05-29-2014, 02:07 AM
well.. the AC at OKC arena was not at the optimal temperature for Kawhi to excell. Also the stars were not aligned the correct way and Obama did not wear the right tie. Not Kawhis fault at all

:rolleyes

Nathan89
05-29-2014, 02:32 AM
If Bonner plays I expect Kawhi to be able to penetrate much more easily. Running Splitter and Duncan out there the last two game made it much more difficult to penetrate now that Ibaka is just roaming around.

rasuo214
05-29-2014, 02:35 AM
Bitching about Kawhi when the entire SL has played like shit is stupid. Like if Kawhi was putting up 20/10 the Spurs still would have lost both games, he's not going to win the games on his own.

hater
05-29-2014, 02:45 AM
Bitching about Kawhi when the entire SL has played like shit is stupid. Like if Kawhi was putting up 20/10 the Spurs still would have lost both games, he's not going to win the games on his own.

A productive Kahi is probably as important to Spurs as a healthy Ibaka to OKC

just look at our record when we play w out Kawhi. Our 2nd most important player shitting the bed is not relevant? :rolleyes

If we lose this series its on Kawhi Leonard

rasuo214
05-29-2014, 03:13 AM
The 2nd most important player shitting the bed obviously is more relevant than the most important player shitting the bed. Sorry what was I thinking...

Ibaka can't win the game by himself, if Durant and Westbrook played like shit the Spurs would have won at least 1 if not both of those games. So yea this thread is stupid but carry on.

said7
05-29-2014, 03:14 AM
The man has a point. He needs to step up, even if it's just on the defensive end.

rasuo214
05-29-2014, 03:21 AM
The man has a point. He needs to step up, even if it's just on the defensive end.

Kawhi has done a good job holding Durant in check. No one is going to shut down Durant even Tony Allen didn't. There have been several times where Kawhi did a great job defending him and KD still made a tough shot.

hater
05-29-2014, 03:26 AM
Even if he was doing an ok job with Durant.

hes shooting 34% while grabbing 4 rebounds and dishing 1 fucking assist :pctoss

Hes making even Bruce Bowen look like Dr J

rasuo214
05-29-2014, 03:33 AM
Danny is shooting 25%
Parker is shooting 44% with 3.5 TOs and only 4 assists
Duncan is shooting 40% and has done a poor job defending
Splitter has been a disaster

BTW Kawhi has never been a big assist guy, the 2 previous series he averaged around 1 assist a game (he's actually averaging more assists in the OKC series), but yea it's all Kawhi's fault...

hater
05-29-2014, 03:37 AM
Green will never be anything but a spot up role player

Duncan is 40 years old

Splitter is nothing but a 5th best player in a team.

Sure Parker is sucking. But the rest of the blame should go to the Spurs future franchise player. Kawhi Leonard.

Everyone was blaming Paul George for shitting the bed for the Pacers. Well time to blame Kawhi for shitting the bed for the Spurs.

Franchise player my ass :rolleyes

koriwhat
05-29-2014, 03:39 AM
how do you blame a guy so young and with so much potential that rots on the bench more than he plays and has almost no plays drawn up for him basically?

hater
05-29-2014, 03:40 AM
how do you blame a guy so young and with so much potential that rots on the bench more than he plays and has almost no plays drawn up for him basically?

:lmao

Kawhi's "young" excuse was gone in 2012

He was too young in 2012

what is he now? when the fuck is he supposed to grow up

LMAO too young

koriwhat
05-29-2014, 04:09 AM
:lmao

Kawhi's "young" excuse was gone in 2012

He was too young in 2012

what is he now? when the fuck is he supposed to grow up

LMAO too young

i didn't say he was too young... the only thing he's too young for is rotting on that damn bench by restricting his minutes. maybe you should re-read over posts before you reply next time.

rasuo214
05-29-2014, 04:15 AM
Green will never be anything but a spot up role player

Duncan is 40 years old

Splitter is nothing but a 5th best player in a team.

Sure Parker is sucking. But the rest of the blame should go to the Spurs future franchise player. Kawhi Leonard.

Everyone was blaming Paul George for shitting the bed for the Pacers. Well time to blame Kawhi for shitting the bed for the Spurs.

Franchise player my ass :rolleyes

:lol

So basically what I said the entire starting lineup has sucked balls, the star of the team has sucked balls, one of the most reliable players on the team has sucked balls but hey lets put all the blame on one player instead just because of random reasons and I guess it's a reason to start another stupid and pointless thread. It's not like there aren't enough of them.

hater
05-29-2014, 04:16 AM
i didn't say he was too young... the only thing he's too young for is rotting on that damn bench by restricting his minutes. maybe you should re-read over posts before you reply next time.

Hes shooting in the 30s. When someone is shooting in the low 30s you probably sit him at some point to try and win the game

said7
05-29-2014, 04:44 AM
The problem is you can tell when pop says to him "we need you to be aggressive in this game". Start of game 4. Hits some 3s and then tries to force it on isos and pnr. He needs to post on the elbow or run in transition. Play good defense with the usual steal/transition dunk. That IS his game.

crc21209
05-29-2014, 05:05 AM
I expect him and Green to play way better tomorrow. They need to take it upon themselves to have a good game, but it would also be nice if Pop put them in positions to succeed as well. Put Green on Westbrook. Run a couple of plays to get Kawhi free lanes to the basket. Play both guys for 38-43 mins. Enough resting...

PublicOption
05-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Pop needs to let him loose and forget about his contract.

tmtcsc
05-29-2014, 08:59 AM
most overrated spur ever?

last 2 games:
34% FG
2 Free Throws a game :pctoss
4 rebounds a game
1 assist a game
10 pts/game
+- of -17

:pctoss

I don't think he's overrated but he definitely played poorly in OKC. He needs to play a lot better and not force things. Wreak havoc on defense, take the ball to hole for easy buckets in the lane and kick out to shooters when defenders collapse on him. Surprisingly, his vaunted defense was quite bad. He took way too many risks and left shooters wide open to help others. He's not a rookie anymore but he made some rookie mistakes.

PublicOption
05-29-2014, 09:00 AM
when the refs call touch fouls on you and let the other team hack.....this shit is gonna happen.

05-29-2014, 09:08 AM
He's not playing much tbh if he was playing 40 mpg and got some plays called for him, he would have better numbers. That said, he does need to play better, and smarter.

Old School 44
05-29-2014, 09:21 AM
OP staying true to his screen name.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2014, 09:31 AM
What does it matter OP if your not even watching the games....or so you say so. Remember as easy as a ripping a band-aid off?

apalisoc_9
05-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Anyone that promotes Marco and hates on danny and Kawhi should not be taken seriously..:lol

kobexxx
05-29-2014, 11:03 AM
trade him in post season

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Anyone that promotes Marco and hates on danny and Kawhi should not be taken seriously..:lol
Or your boy CoJo

Budkin
05-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Kawhi is going to be huge tonight. Book it.

hitmanyr2k
05-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Popovich isn't putting Kawhi in a position to succeed or to use his athleticism. Similar to the Ginobili/Splitter screen and roll it seems the Spurs forgot some of their playcalling and what helps Leonard get going. In a half court setting I notice when Ginobili and Parker get the ball they get a shitload of screens so they can turn the corner on their defenders and get to the rim or get an open jumper. Leonard has rarely had any screens at all set for him in this series. They throw the ball to the guy and tell him to create something with the defense sitting in his lap. His ball handling skills aren't at that level yet where he can consistently break a defender down so he's settling on contested jumpers. In the series against Portland he was getting screens from Duncan and they were also running the guard-around play where Leonard had momentum off the hand-off from Duncan to explode to the rim. That's all missing in this series. Even when Leonard gets rolling good luck trying to keep the momentum going. The guy hit two back to back threes to start Game 4 and didn't see the ball again for 5 minutes.

Knoxxx
05-29-2014, 11:36 AM
He has been jacking up bad 3 point shots. I want him to take the 3-pt shot in rhythm off a pass though can live with some in transition. Coming down and chucking up a bad 3-PT shot, say semi-contested has got to stop.

Also if Cojo can dunk over Ibaka, surely Kawhi can.

wildchild
05-29-2014, 11:47 AM
A productive Kahi is probably as important to Spurs as a healthy Ibaka to OKC

just look at our record when we play w out Kawhi. Our 2nd most important player shitting the bed is not relevant? :rolleyes

If we lose this series its on Kawhi Leonard

Kawhi? He's 22 years old and his coach didn't play him more than 27' in regular season and never play him 40' in playoffs...

His coach didn't involve him in the offense in regular season and then you expect "a miracle" in playoffs???...

If we lose this series (we won't) it's about Pop and his system about the Big3 and never add a young guy in our offense, it's about Pop and his 0 adjustments against OKC in game 4...

Popovich isn't putting Kawhi in a position to succeed or to use his athleticism.
:tu

AztecSpur
05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
U may be forgetting that he's being shadowed by 6' 11" Durant with an incredible wingspan.

wildchild
05-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Also if Cojo can dunk over Ibaka, surely Kawhi can.

He can. But most game his coach just keeps him at the 3-point line and he isn't a shooter.
2014 Game 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp_2Qv0yT40
2012 series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlQAiAtxaLA

tholdren
05-29-2014, 01:00 PM
lmfao - these 2 pussies make drob look like bill laimbeer

-fuk those clowns

tholdren
05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
:tu[/QUOTE]
so pop tells him to not hustle and not drive ... stupidity

hater
05-29-2014, 01:10 PM
:lmao its Pops fault that Kai is shooting 30% and grabbing a miserable 3 rebounds a game :lol

kawhitard giving manutard a run for his money :lmao

wildchild
05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
:tu
so pop tells him to not hustle and not drive ... stupidity[/QUOTE]

He doesn't need say nothing, because play a 22 years old 27' and not call plays for him in the regular season is a clear message about what Pop expects from him.

wildchild
05-29-2014, 01:17 PM
:lmao its Pops fault that Kai is shooting 30% and grabbing a miserable 3 rebounds a game :lol

It's coach fault if he doesn't stop those forced shots and find the way to run better plays

tholdren
05-29-2014, 01:18 PM
so pop tells him to not hustle and not drive ... stupidity

He doesn't need say nothing, because play a 22 years old 27' and not call plays for him in the regular season is a clear message about what Pop expects from him.[/QUOTE]

maybe he didn't call plays for him because he sucks dick on offense and there is no dunk on a fast-break play...

wildchild
05-29-2014, 01:42 PM
maybe he didn't call plays for him because he sucks dick on offense and there is no dunk on a fast-break play...

And that is what I'm saying.

Pop doesn't like Leonard's offensive game and doesn't want to add this guy into his offensive system...so why the Spurs fans want other thing about Leonard?

Just expect he can play good D tonight or just put Beli on Durant like Pop thinks it'll work. And trade him for Papakoulas the next seaon like you said.

DMC
05-29-2014, 01:51 PM
KL is a quality player. He's not in charge of anything so he does what he's told and he's only recently been involved intentionally in the offensive plan of the Spurs. He's best when he's aggressive and not worrying about fouls, and when he takes the ball himself and doesn't defer to anyone on the break since he doesn't seem to be in phase with the others on the floor during the break. He seems like he's a bit out of sorts as far as positioning goes, and even if he's wide open often he's ignored in the past, but recently he's not only been not ignored, they've been going to him too much for the 3 when he has the ability to post up.

So many want to judge him based on the best in the league vs the worst in the league, but the games are won by all those mid level talent guys doing their jobs. You get a guy like Leonard who can make a superstar work for points and who can also give you some production on the boards and on offense, you don't consider him a waste at all. He's not going to be a franchise level player, just doesn't have the ego for it, but he's going to be a valuable contributor to a team.

DarrinS
05-29-2014, 01:57 PM

You forgot MVParkertard.

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2014, 02:00 PM

Truer and possibly crazier words have never been spoken..

wildchild
05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd like to see some Leonard lobs, so trade him to a Cali team LAC/LAL.

Maybe the future Lakers coach, or maybe Doc likes the two-way players as Kawhi and the next season Leonard'll play 35' in the regular season and 45' in playoffs against us.

He won't never play the WCF or the Finals again, but his stats and his value in the league will increase.

Trade him. This is the good move for the Spurs and Kawhi, because with the next guy...on the bench all game.

Yeah...I don't like the blue font.

hater
05-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Expect other things??

All I expct is 8 rebounds a game and shoot close to 45%

Jeez this is not rocket science. Pop doesnt have to change entire Spurs playbook in order for that to happen :rolleyes

Jimmy Early
05-29-2014, 02:35 PM
U may be forgetting that he's being shadowed by 6' 11" Durant with an incredible wingspan.

Simple as that, if you ask me. Don't you all think Leonard has his hands (and energy) full just trying to contain The MVP? Any offense he generates should be gravy to the Spurs' cause.

05-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Expect other things??

All I expct is 8 rebounds a game and shoot close to 45%

Jeez this is not rocket science. Pop doesnt have to change entire Spurs playbook in order for that to happen :rolleyes
He'd be averaging around 7 or so rebounds if he actually played. The starters for benched early the last two games, which is skewing the averages.

hater
05-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Simple as that, if you ask me. Don't you all think Leonard has his hands (and energy) full just trying to contain The MVP? Any offense he generates should be gravy to the Spurs' cause.

not quite. last 2 games KD matched his playoff average at 29ppg. If that is equivalent to "stopping the MVP", we are in some deep shit

Kawhi has shit the bed these last 2 games. simple as that

hater
05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
He'd be averaging around 7 or so rebounds if he actually played. The starters for benched early the last two games, which is skewing the averages.

he's averaging 30mpg the last 2 games. it matches his playoff average exactly

what is this bullshit myth that he's not playing???? :lmao

SnakeBoy
05-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Pop doesn't like Leonard's offensive game and doesn't want to add this guy into his offensive system...so why the Spurs fans want other thing about Leonard?

That's bullshit...Pop wants Kawhi to be more aggressive offensively, he's been saying it for 2 years. Kawhi has it all physically but he needs to get a little fire in his belly. Guy makes TD look overly emotional.

Jimmy Early
05-29-2014, 03:56 PM
not quite. last 2 games KD matched his playoff average at 29ppg. If that is equivalent to "stopping the MVP", we are in some deep shit

Kawhi has shit the bed these last 2 games. simple as that

I didn't say STOPPING The MVP, I said CONTAINING The MVP. From watching him over the last three years, Leonard gives KD more trouble defensively than anyone in the NBA other than Tony Allen. To me "containing" KD means holding him to 25 points or less and 50% shooting or less. If a guy does that without a lot of double team help, he's done a helluva job -- and he shouldn't ALSO be called on to provide a lot of offense, IMO.

hater
05-29-2014, 03:57 PM
I didn't say STOPPING The MVP, I said CONTAINING The MVP. From watching him over the last three years, Leonard gives KD more trouble defensively than anyone in the NBA other than Tony Allen. To me "containing" KD means holding him to 25 points or less and 50% shooting or less. If a guy does that without a lot of double team help, he's done a helluva job -- and he shouldn't ALSO be called on to provide a lot of offense, IMO.

well last 2 games Kawhi is doing no better than Matt Barnes tbh

Knoxxx
05-29-2014, 04:06 PM

I automatically ignore posts from someone with a Gooners logo (aka the dirt burglars).

Knoxxx
05-29-2014, 04:08 PM
He can. But most game his coach just keeps him at the 3-point line and he isn't a shooter.
2014 Game 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp_2Qv0yT40
2012 series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlQAiAtxaLA

Thanks. Hopefully Pop spent the last couple days showing these types of clips over and over.

wildchild
05-29-2014, 04:38 PM
That's bullshit...Pop wants Kawhi to be more aggressive offensively, he's been saying it for 2 years. Kawhi has it all physically but he needs to get a little fire in his belly. Guy makes TD look overly emotional.

If that's true why he didn't call plays for him or just give the ball to the kid? It's really hard to be aggressive without the ball in your hands...
And it's no more that "Kawhi doesn't demand the ball" because we saw a lot of plays he asks and didn't get

wildchild
05-29-2014, 04:56 PM
he's averaging 30mpg the last 2 games. it matches his playoff average exactly

what is this bullshit myth that he's not playing???? :lmao

Yeah...f...myth! Other young SFs played 44mpg (Jimmy Buttler) and 42 mpg (Nic Batum) this postseason.

Please Pop!!! Leonard's playing too much minutes, 30mpg!!! Please Pop, put Belli on Durant again!!!!. Remember? when you takes Kawhi out and Durant goes of and scores +8, and please benched Leonard

wildchild
05-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Nervous, pressure is higher before a big game.

Just BELIEVE and relax...:flag:

http://i.imgur.com/ZxSDAeY.jpg

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 07:46 PM
called it :lol

Kawhi
05-30-2014, 04:45 PM

Spur|n|Austin
05-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Top 4:

http://i.imgur.com/xSoKX6N.png

hater
05-30-2014, 05:30 PM
called it :lol

:lol :tu

Malik Hairston
05-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Kawhi's offense looked a lot better without the Duncan/Splitter combo, as expected..

hater
06-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Kawhi had a shitty game 1 of the Finals folks.

Lebron did whatever he wanted out there and offensively Kawhi was anemic.

grade d imo

we lose if not for the AC. :pctoss

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Hm..most overrated Spur ever..

smeagol
06-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Kawhi had a shitty game 1 of the Finals folks.

Lebron did whatever he wanted out there and offensively Kawhi was anemic.

grade d imo

we lose if not for the AC. :pctoss

Go kill yourself, asshole . . .

itzsoweezee
06-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Lol

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Hm..most overrated Spur ever..

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1385/79/1385795536146.gif

mudyez
06-11-2014, 10:46 AM