PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Won!?!??! WTF China

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 11:15 AM
I turned it off in the third quarter to read my Delta Blues book. I was sure this series was over. Just now saw that the Pacers won.

Avante
05-29-2014, 12:38 PM
It was real obvious the Pacers were fighting for their life (obviously) while the Heat were...ho hum...knowing there ain't no way in hell anyone is beating them three in a row.

The Heat vs The Thunder is what everyone wants to see, the Heats big three vs the Thunders big three. Ibaka is a beast!

The Spurs simply aren't athetic enought.

Kool Bob Love
05-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Who cares fuck both them teams.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 12:45 PM
It was real obvious the Pacers were fighting for their life (obviously) while the Heat were...ho hum...knowing there ain't no way in hell anyone is beating them three in a row.

The Heat vs The Thunder is what everyone wants to see, the Heats big three vs the Thunders big three. Ibaka is a beast!

Even though, I'm happy Indy won, I'm glad I didn't sit there and watch the rest. Instead, I read about Charley Patton and Henry Spier. Good stuff. Would like to see someone tackle a cable series based on the times and music.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Are you a chick or dude?

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Are you a chick or dude?

listen Sparky...we're talking bball here...not hey fuck you wanna fuck your mom? do you have an opinion of the game or are you just here to follow me around and hump my leg?

Avante
05-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Even though, I'm happy Indy won, I'm glad I didn't sit there and watch the rest. Instead, I read about Charley Patton and Henry Spier. Good stuff. Would like to see someone tackle a cable series based on the times and music.

It's already been done, Martin Sorcosee (?) did a series on them old blues. There was also a CD set put out to go with it.

The first time I heard Patton I was stunned, this is the King of the Delta blues, what in the fuck is he saying? Yep, just like beer it took me awhile to see what was really going on there. The cat was amazing.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-29-2014, 12:53 PM
listen Sparky...we're talking bball here...not hey fuck you wanna fuck your mom? do you have an opinion of the game or are you just here to follow me around and hump my leg?

Wat?

Avante
05-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Wat?

Get the fuck out of here cocksucker, ok? Nobody is in the mood for your..."hi I'm a dummy!'...now beat it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Get the fuck out of here cocksucker, ok? Nobody is in the mood for your..."hi I'm a dummy!'...now beat it.

:lol Avante shut the hell up before I e-slap your ass off these boards.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 12:57 PM
It's already been done, Martin Sorcosee (?) did a series on them old blues. There was also a CD set put out to go with it.

The first time I heard Patton I was stunned, this is the King of the Delta blues, what in the fuck is he saying? Yep, just like beer it took me awhile to see what was really going on there. The cat was amazing.

I've actually been supplementing my reading by listening to some of the songs of the bluesmen that I've read about that day. Last night, I did check out some Charley Patton. Good stuff...I started out with his first cuts but then skipped ahead to High Water Everywhere Parts 1 and 2. Yeah...hard to understand much of what he was saying. The author does a good job in the book pointing out some of the musical differences (timing, phrasing, etc.) among the musicians so it was pretty cool to listen and pick up on what he was talking about.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Wat?

Translation : no I don't have anything worth saying

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 12:59 PM
BTW...the Scorcese documentary looks good. I'll check it out. Hopefully it's on Amazon Prime or Netflix. But I'd still like to see HBO do a fiction story based around it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Translation : no I don't have anything worth saying

Wat?

Avante
05-29-2014, 01:04 PM
:lol Avante shut the hell up before I e-slap your ass off these boards.

Kids, wow!

Avante
05-29-2014, 01:11 PM
I've actually been supplementing my reading by listening to some of the songs of the bluesmen that I've read about that day. Last night, I did check out some Charley Patton. Good stuff...I started out with his first cuts but then skipped ahead to High Water Everywhere Parts 1 and 2. Yeah...hard to understand much of what he was saying. The author does a good job in the book pointing out some of the musical differences (timing, phrasing, etc.) among the musicians so it was pretty cool to listen and pick up on what he was talking about.

My fav Patton tune is Rattlesnake Blues, you'll see why.

Them Delta blues was big on purcussion, a lot of base string thumping. As opposed to the Piedmont players who were more about finger picking. We also see a more lazy approach with the vocals, a gruffer sound.

There is a tune out there that is in my opinion the best example of them Delta blues. Youtube...Mississippi Jailhouse Groan....by Rube Lacy, a must listen.

Avante
05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
BTW...the Scorcese documentary looks good. I'll check it out. Hopefully it's on Amazon Prime or Netflix. But I'd still like to see HBO do a fiction story based around it.

That Scorcese documentary is outstanding.

The Robert Johnson story is a must see, it's on youtube.

Crossroads the movie was pretty good, but I hear ya about HBO.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2014, 02:08 PM
That Scorcese documentary is outstanding.

The Robert Johnson story is a must see, it's on youtube.

Crossroads the movie was pretty good, but I hear ya about HBO.

LOL. Do you mean the Ralph Macchio one? I used to watch that every time it came on. I'm scared to check it out now because I know it's gotta be pretty cheesy. Still, I bet the final showdown with Steve Vai holds up.
I ordered the soundtrack on cassette as part of a 10 tapes for $1 (remember those?) and was disappointed that they didn't have that one on there. All they had was the Ry Cooder tracks. Still good but I really wanted those last solos.

I'll check out the other shows. Probably finish this book first. The Robert Palmer book looks good to but I'll actually have to find a hard copy since it's not on Kindle. Maybe half-price books has it.

Avante
05-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Yep, that's the movie. Yep, remember the music clubs, got a ton of stuff.

As far as books on them blues...

Blues Odyssey Bill Wyman...a must!
Nothing But The Blues Lawrence Cohn..a must!
The Story of the Blues Paul Oliver
The Big Book of Blues Robert Santelli
Chasin' The Devils Music Gayle Dean Wadlow
The Country Blues Samuel Charters ...one of the first books on the music 1959***
Escaping the Delta Elijah Wald

***Famous in the blues world for Charters big mistake of talking about Big Joe Williams being the mysterious King Solomon Hill (give this guy a listen...weird!) First off they sound nothing alike, Hill was found out to be Joe Holmes out of Louisiana.,

Seriously, give these Delta cats a listen, they are the ones who put the music on the map.

Patton
Rube Lacy
Son House
Willie Brown
Tommy Johnson
Ishman Bracey
Bukka White

Franklin
05-29-2014, 05:43 PM
How does it have anything to do with China, tbh?