PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans: All too familiar

TDomination
05-29-2014, 02:07 PM
We as spurs fans have seen many ups and downs in the Tim Duncan era. We are about to witness a big up or a big down tonight.

Results of Game 5's where spurs are up 2-0 and then lose the next two include:

Spurs-Lakers 2003 WCSF- WIN
Spurs-Lakers 2004 WCSF- LOSS
Spurs-Sonics 2005 WCSF- WIN
Spurs-Pistons 2005 NBA Finals - WIN
Spurs-Thunder 2012 WCF- LOSS
Spurs-Thunder 2014 WCF- ????

3-2 So far in game 5 in these situations.

All Game 5's but the Seattle game have all proved to be nail biting games. Tonight I'm sure will be a classic, hopefully with us winning.

But regardless of what happens tonight, know that you're in for a treat and just enjoy the spurs on a big stage while you still can.

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2014, 02:09 PM
:flag:

davidbowie
05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
GO SPURS GO MOTHAAAAFUUCKKKKAAAAAAAA

SnakeBoy
05-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Spurs-Lakers 2003 WCSF- WIN
Spurs-Lakers 2004 WCSF- LOSS
Spurs-Sonics 2005 WCSF- WIN
Spurs-Pistons 2005 NBA Finals - WIN
Spurs-Thunder 2012 WCF- LOSS
Spurs-Thunder 2014 WCF- ????

Let's hope they continue that pattern.

DMC
05-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Shit, Spurs got this. You just have to believe if you're a true Spurs fan.

DPG21920
05-29-2014, 02:49 PM

Why would you mock fans for believing their team can win? It's enterainment - not everyone is going to examine every detail and break down the match ups and deterimine the likely winner. Spurs are a damn good team and do have a legit shot to win.

Even if you think they lose, this is sports and people like to go into this thinking the team they love to root for has a shot. Especially when they are actually good.

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Why would you mock fans for believing their team can win? It's enterainment - not everyone is going to examine every detail and break down the match ups and deterimine the likely winner. Spurs are a damn good team and do have a legit shot to win.

Even if you think they lose, this is sports and people like to go into this thinking the team they love to root for has a shot. Especially when they are actually good.

DMC - (sarcastic response)

DMC
05-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Because I'm an asshole. I thought I'd made that clear already.

Shastafarian
05-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Happy to remember 2 of the 16 times a team has come back from 2-0 have been against the Spurs...in the past 10 years. 3 would be shitty. That being said this team won't quit, even with a loss tonight. They've gotta realize time is running out for the old guard

Jimcs50
05-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Let's hope they continue that pattern.

Yes, that pattern is perfect for tonight. And in next series too, for that matter. WLW WLW W
:toast

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Honestly, Spurs won't win if they don't come out with an axe to grind. It's pathetic seeing Perkins get in Timmy's face, and Westbrook take it to the rim with purpose, screaming at the top of his lungs. The Spurs need to play with that aggression. Enough of quietly running a system that is destined to fail against these guys. Get tough, talk some shit, and make your physical presence known.

crc21209
05-29-2014, 05:27 PM
I talked about this the other day as well in another thread. It seems like during the past decade at some point in every Playoff run there has been a pivotal Game 5 with the series tied 2-2.

BTW..You forgot Game 5 of the 2007 WCSF against Phoenix IN Phoenix. It was the game after the Horry hipcheck on Nash that led to Stoudemire, Diaw, and Horry's suspensions. The Spurs went down by 16 or so in that first half and then came back and sealed the game with a Bruce Bowen corner 3...

crc21209
05-29-2014, 05:28 PM
So make that record 4-2...:tu

Arcadian
05-29-2014, 05:29 PM

:tu Exactly... Nobody knows what will happen, but it could go either way, so we might as well be optimistic while it's still reasonable to do so. There are certain situations when being optimistic is utterly inappropriate, but this is not one of them.

The real reason why some fans are pessimists is that they are too insecure to hope for the desired outcome. If you have hope and end up with disappointment, it hurts more in the end; but if you act pessimistic, then you can just say "I knew it." So they're just covering their bases in order to avoid the pain that they know they can't handle. :lol And that's my psychoanalysis for the day...

TheGreatYacht
05-29-2014, 05:29 PM
KDP for life

baseline bum
05-29-2014, 07:20 PM

:cry Spurs will win on the strength of their character :cry

RD2191
05-29-2014, 07:23 PM
:lol

Crookshanks
05-29-2014, 07:29 PM
I talked about this the other day as well in another thread. It seems like during the past decade at some point in every Playoff run there has been a pivotal Game 5 with the series tied 2-2.

BTW..You forgot Game 5 of the 2007 WCSF against Phoenix IN Phoenix. It was the game after the Horry hipcheck on Nash that led to Stoudemire, Diaw, and Horry's suspensions. The Spurs went down by 16 or so in that first half and then came back and sealed the game with a Bruce Bowen corner 3...
I was in a car accident that night. A car ran the red light at Blanco and 1604 and t-boned me. It was a hit and run, and I ended up in the emergency room. I was more upset that I was missing the game, but then they put me in a room with a tv. My blood pressure was already high because of the accident, and I remember screaming at the tv because the Spurs were losing. My daughter turned off the game because it was making me so upset. I made her turn it on for the last few minutes and saw the Spurs win. Then I was screaming in happiness - and what was so funny is that you could hear people cheering all up and down the halls in the emergency room!

downunder
05-29-2014, 07:29 PM
robdiaz2191 is garbage

RD2191
05-29-2014, 07:32 PM
robdiaz2191 is garbage
:lmao

UZER
05-29-2014, 07:33 PM
I was in a car accident that night. A car ran the red light at Blanco and 1604 and t-boned me. It was a hit and run, and I ended up in the emergency room. I was more upset that I was missing the game, but then they put me in a room with a tv. My blood pressure was already high because of the accident, and I remember screaming at the tv because the Spurs were losing. My daughter turned off the game because it was making me so upset. I made her turn it on for the last few minutes and saw the Spurs win. Then I was screaming in happiness - and what was so funny is that you could hear people cheering all up and down the halls in the emergency room!

If we lose this game, I'm blaming you for not getting in an accident today.

DMC
05-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Why do you continue to bring down the forum? What did it ever do to you? Don't you realize there are some real people here who just want to have fun and you're, for all intents and purposes, ruining that for them?

Don't you have one of those porta-potty Mexican space shuttles to stay in until the game is over?

baseline bum
05-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Why do you continue to bring down the forum? What did it ever do to you? Don't you realize there are some real people here who just want to have fun and you're, for all intents and purposes, ruining that for them?

Don't you have one of those porta-potty Mexican space shuttles to stay in until the game is over?

:cry DMC pls

Seventyniner
05-29-2014, 07:49 PM
:tu Exactly... Nobody knows what will happen, but it could go either way, so we might as well be optimistic while it's still reasonable to do so. There are certain situations when being optimistic is utterly inappropriate, but this is not one of them.

The real reason why some fans are pessimists is that they are too insecure to hope for the desired outcome. If you have hope and end up with disappointment, it hurts more in the end; but if you act pessimistic, then you can just say "I knew it." So they're just covering their bases in order to avoid the pain that they know they can't handle. :lol And that's my psychoanalysis for the day...

Reasoning? On this board? Correct reasoning no less!

Budkin
05-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Even Diaz knows the Spurs are winning tonight!

DMC
05-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Spurs got this shit. This is easy shit too, because the Thunder will be cocky and Russ is going to go full on retard and shoot his team out of the game.