PDA

View Full Version : Car Body Shop

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy body shop here in san antonio? Preferably near the babcock area. My gf rear ended someone, and now that we know that the insurance will pay for it, we need to find a reliable body shop that will do the work fairly fast and efficient. Thanks guys... any help would be greatly appreciated.

ObiwanGinobili
08-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I can only recomend the one my husband works at.
North Park lexus/lincoln/mercury/etc etc etc. Body Shop on San Pedro.
:tu :tu
But- they are very good there and do not allow anythign shody or illegal in repairs. It's all top of the line quality work.
(and if your very nice you'd specificaly request that Emo do the work :D)

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I know of several great bodyshops, but I only give reccomendations to people who aren't scum.

Have a horrible day!

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:15 PM
fuck you manny, fuck you very much.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:17 PM
:lmao

Kind of funny that your girlfriend rearended someone considering you were trying to do the same.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that is kind of Ironic. I couldnt care less what you think monkeyboy, piss off.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:19 PM
The question is: would she care?

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I asked a simple question, if you don't want to give any suggestions, then fuck off.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Does it matter, its not your business kong.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, the day you have the balls to say anything like that - or anything at all for that matter - to me in my pressence, I'll take you seriously.

Have fun and tell your girlfriend to watch out for assholes on and off the road.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Haha,... thats a laugh riot. So your saying you know how to throw your fat around? When I see you in person, I'll be sure to do my best impression of your ancestors.

TheTruth
08-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Wow. I don't know your guys' history, but Manny sure is being a cock. Guy just asked a question, don't be a bitch.

ps...if you guys were joking, forget everything I said.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:30 PM
this is no joke, hes watching out for his friend, I understand that. And so what, I'm a pig... I just want to know of any good body shops.

JoePublic
I grasp the idea of faith very well.

If you dont' like the discussion, feel free to leave the thread.

:lol Just playin' Manny, don't have a cow.

MannyIsGod
Dude, you hide on the fucking computer jumping from screen name to screen name and you want to act as though you'd have the balls to pull anything in person? RIGHT.

Why don't you fill them all in on the history Dan? Tell them why I'm being such a cock.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
:lol Just playin' Manny, don't have a cow.
:lol

But I like THIS discussion.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Why, they don't need to know. just fuck off already, I made this thread for one thing, If it bothers you that I'm still using this site... I'll gladly remove myself.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't care that you use the site, its not mine and I'm not going to tell people when to leave. I just think it's really funny now that you're all running to rescue your girlfriend and her car problems when you denied her just a few weeks ago. I think its pretty gay that you talk shit to me in the form of screen names and have to make over 4 of them in a weird attempt at hiding.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Alright dude.. you're better than me. There I said it... now, its my fucking business what I do. I'm not gonna fight some dude that will probably kick my ass. So... body shops... please.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 04:40 PM

Mandy4034: you're such a cock Manny

Ah, that made the last half hour go by quickly.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:52 PM
so, no help?

ObiwanGinobili
08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
so, no help?

*ahem*

I can only recomend the one my husband works at.
North Park lexus/lincoln/mercury/etc etc etc. Body Shop on San Pedro.
But- they are very good there and do not allow anythign shody or illegal in repairs. It's all top of the line quality work.
(and if your very nice you'd specificaly request that Emo do the work )

i know you said near babcock but i only have inside info on two shops in that area and they are both questionable.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Obi, We'll have to get an estimate there.

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Scotts Auto Body 349-7177 on Speedway (near Vance Jackson and 410)

Does absolute top quality work for the same price as everyone else.

If he finds additional damage the appraiser didn't see when he tears the car down he will handle the appraiser meetings himself and get them to cover it.

I don't know about you, but if my vehicle is driveable he will order all the parts and call me when they are in...my truck will go straight into the repair bay and they will start work that day.

Fuck him over after I referred you to him and I will hunt you down like a rabid dog.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Lol.. gotcha man, thanks for the help.

ObiwanGinobili
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
If he finds additional damage the appraiser didn't see when he tears the car down he will handle the appraiser meetings himself and get them to cover it

just so you know- almost every car repair requires a supplement. It's a rare accident that doesn't have a supplement tacked on to the original estimate. But most ins. company's are real quick about work approval and most shops will get the original estimate check and the supplement check at the same time.

Emo rarely has a car waiting in his stalls just on a supplement approval.

Horry For 3!
08-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Ah, that made the last half hour go by quickly.
I know Mandy

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2005, 05:56 PM
just so you know- almost every car repair requires a supplement. It's a rare accident that doesn't have a supplement tacked on to the original estimate. But most ins. company's are real quick about work approval and most shops will get the original estimate check and the supplement check at the same time.

Emo rarely has a car waiting in his stalls just on a supplement approval.

I had one of those nightmare ones...My daughter was helping a friend with their horses when they had one of those freak summer hail storms...they were busy getting the horses inside the barn and her truck got the total shit beat out of it...broke all the windows out, destroyed the hood and roof and one side of the truck...

The appraiser wanted to pull all the dents and Scott kept telling him the roof and hood were beyond pulling...the appraiser insisted so scott agreed to go ahead and try...he had to have like 4 meetings with the guy over about a 10 day period to prove they were beyond repair...he finally went over that appraisers head and got his boss to look at it who immediately agreed that the roof and hood were beyond repair...I never even had to get involved...

tlongII
08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
WTF! How big is the hail down there in Texas?!

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Biggest I've ever seen is Softball size. You don't want to see what that will do to a house much less a truck.

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM

Those that tagged my daughters truck were about 1 1/4- 1 1/2 inches. Had one go straight through the expanded metal sattelite dish at the ranch about 15 years ago that made a perfect 5" bullet hole right through it...

TheTruth
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
F*rs hurt to

MannyIsGod
08-12-2005, 06:07 PM
:lmao You missed the post I made after riding my bike through a hailstorm. That was some crazy shit.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-12-2005, 06:07 PM
:lmao You missed the post I made after riding my bike through a hailstorm. That was some crazy shit.

Oh, we can find it.

Hell, I even sent it to somebody over PM.

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
F*rs hurt to

those big fuckers will kill the shit out of you...I was out on a ranch north of Marathon about 10 years ago when one came through with about 3" hail...broke all the glass out of the house, ruined the roof...we drove the ranch when it was over and had 2 horses and a cow dead...

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6183&highlight=%22rain%22+%22bike%22

ObiwanGinobili
08-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I had one of those nightmare ones...My daughter was helping a friend with their horses when they had one of those freak summer hail storms...they were busy getting the horses inside the barn and her truck got the total shit beat out of it...broke all the windows out, destroyed the hood and roof and one side of the truck...

The appraiser wanted to pull all the dents and Scott kept telling him the roof and hood were beyond pulling...the appraiser insisted so scott agreed to go ahead and try...he had to have like 4 meetings with the guy over about a 10 day period to prove they were beyond repair...he finally went over that appraisers head and got his boss to look at it who immediately agreed that the roof and hood were beyond repair...I never even had to get involved...

your appraiser was dumb as shit!! :wow You CAN NOT pull that many dents...
99.9% of hail dents are filled not pulled>straightened>filled. Becasue once you've bent the metal it;s allready weakend, and trying to pull it back weakens it that mush more.... which is acceptable for 1 dent or a few .. but not for entire panels dented beyond identification.

Good thing there are guys like Scott out there... and what kind of ins. company has this appraiser anyway? so I can stay away from them?

Not to mention that a hood is the toughest part to work on and have it come out straight.. you have to have Mr. miagi type skills to do major repair on a hood and make it not noticeable.

Shelly
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Collision One just fixed my husband's TT and did a fantastic job, plus they guarantee their work forever.

Doesn't matter anyway, cuz after the 20th we no longer own it.

TheDude
08-12-2005, 08:30 PM
haha, you said tt

Zombie
08-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Check with Earl Shieb(sp)