PDA

View Full Version : They need new a NBA rule for fouls

razor247
05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
If your running to the hoop and not attempting a basketball move you don't get the foul ever. What Westbrick does isn't basketball. Its taking advantage of the foul system. I bet every NBA player could do exactly what he does. Haul ass to the basket head down carrying the rock like a football then at the very last second throw it strait up, make a goon face and go to the ft line. There is no defense on the planet to stop such a dumb thing. How many charges would one have to take to stop that crap. Let me tell you what isn't a basketball move... HEAD DOWN, CARRYING THE BALL LIKE A RUNNING BACK, NOT LOOKING AT THE RIM... That's Westbrick.

50 cent
05-29-2014, 11:41 PM
It's really fucking bullshit how much he gets bailed out.

dav4463
05-29-2014, 11:49 PM
I would like to see a rule where if you get fouled in the paint and stay on your feet; you get the old NBA rule of 3 to make 2. . . . . if you fall on the shot in the paint, you only get two shots....................If you fall on an outside jump shot; you only get one shot. Stay on your feet, you get two shots (or three on a three pointer)...that way at least the ref isn't fooled on an outside shot by a flop.

Chris
05-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Also throwing your elbows and legs into anything that moves is right out of Karl Malone's playbook tbh
Constant chicken wings and hip checks on defense- he's an incredibly dirty player

davidbowie
05-29-2014, 11:50 PM
fuck the nba

TampaDude
05-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Baynes should Laimbeer him if he tries that shit in Game 6. Make him EARN those freebies! :lol

cjw
05-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Also throwing your elbows and legs into anything that moves is right out of Karl Malone's playbook tbh
Constant chicken wings and hip checks on defense- he's an incredibly dirty player

Russ and Karl both have less rings than Darko

50 cent
05-30-2014, 12:09 AM
It's really mind blowing somebody hasn't knocked him on ass hard at least once to make him think about driving. We need Baynes to do some Kevin Willis type enforcing.

benstanfield
Have you not been watching Lebron for his entire career? This is the new NBA. You shoot threes or you bulldoze your way to the rim and either get a layup or a call.

Harden, Westbrook, James, Manu tbh.

KD is a awesome scorer but Westbrook has a higher ceiling IMO. There are times when he is just unstoppable. KD is gonna give you 25-30 on great shooting, but that's only ever on like 60% shooting max. Westbrook driving in transition is either points or a personal foul at a much higher rate than that (when he's playing aggressively like g4).

benstanfield
DRose is another one that did this, you see where it got him. Gotta have that roidbody like frog and LBJ

EIC
05-30-2014, 12:34 AM
DRose is another one that did this, you see where it got him. Gotta have that roidbody like frog and LBJ

Who?

Cry Havoc
05-30-2014, 12:44 AM
I would like to see a rule where if you get fouled in the paint and stay on your feet; you get the old NBA rule of 3 to make 2. . . . . if you fall on the shot in the paint, you only get two shots....................If you fall on an outside jump shot; you only get one shot. Stay on your feet, you get two shots (or three on a three pointer)...that way at least the ref isn't fooled on an outside shot by a flop.

A lot of jump shooters fall down on purpose to prevent rolling their ankle on a defender's foot. It's not always to sell a foul call.

FkLA
05-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Been saying this since Game 3. He didnt get bailed out the first two and was throwing tantrums on the floor, but since Game 3 95% of his out of control drives have ended up in a basket or a foul or both.

dav4463
05-30-2014, 12:52 AM
A lot of jump shooters fall down on purpose to prevent rolling their ankle on a defender's foot. It's not always to sell a foul call.

Then you save your ankle, but only get one shot. I'm tired of seeing dirk, lebron, kd, westbrook......and even manu and tony fall down every time they take a shot.

heyheymymy
05-30-2014, 01:24 AM
how can you watch that as a fan and say it's good basketball? i'd be bored if my stars were getting 14 of their 30 points from the line.

benstanfield
05-30-2014, 02:02 AM
Tiago with 5 points on 0 made shots. Nary room :lol

therealtruth
05-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Manu used to do that and it worked. I remember George Karl complaining about it. You only dislike it when it gets used against you.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Then you save your ankle, but only get one shot. I'm tired of seeing dirk, lebron, kd, westbrook......and even manu and tony fall down every time they take a shot.

Actively encouraging players to take risks on potential injury is a terrible strategy.

BadOne
05-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Baynes should Laimbeer him if he tries that shit in Game 6. Make him EARN those freebies! :lol

:tu
Amen to that man. I was thinking the same thing during game 5. Make him dread driving if he's gonna go to the foul line anyways.

Seventyniner
05-30-2014, 02:35 PM

Now you're just giving the defense an incentive to knock the shooter down.

As to the OP, I agree somewhat. If the offensive player initiates the contact, the defender should be allowed to make contact too, or else call it an offensive foul.

poop
05-30-2014, 04:26 PM
If your running to the hoop and not attempting a basketball move you don't get the foul ever. What Westbrick does isn't basketball. Its taking advantage of the foul system. I bet every NBA player could do exactly what he does. Haul ass to the basket head down carrying the rock like a football then at the very last second throw it strait up, make a goon face and go to the ft line. There is no defense on the planet to stop such a dumb thing. How many charges would one have to take to stop that crap. Let me tell you what isn't a basketball move... HEAD DOWN, CARRYING THE BALL LIKE A RUNNING BACK, NOT LOOKING AT THE RIM... That's Westbrick.Excellent post, completely agree

Josh810
05-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Tiago with 5 points on 0 made shots. Nary room :lol
Are you seriously comparing one game by Tiago to Westbrook overall?

Captivus
05-30-2014, 06:44 PM
I dont think the NBA can change that...at the end, if the refs think someone wasnt standing without moving it has to be a foul.

One solution I read was to give the player 1 FT and possession, but also eliminating the 6th foul. No limit in fouls.
At the end, the refs wont be able to "help" teams because if they cant score, 1 FT is not gonna help them...they will have to call fouls on EVERY possession..and that is TOO obvious.

Idk...I do agree something has to be done.

Knoxxx
05-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Westbrook, the hardest player to ref since prime Shaq bowling over set post defenders in the paint.

benstanfield
05-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Are you seriously comparing one game by Tiago to Westbrook overall?

Yes. Absolutely serious.

Hemotivo
05-31-2014, 09:52 AM

exactly

boutons_deux
05-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Easy to fix.

Bruise Brother Baynes lunges at him, both hands up to block the shot, but hit WB with plenty of body, knock him flat, once, twice, he'll go back to chucking from 30 feet.

Jimcs50
05-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Got to admit, we all would love him on our team.

Dude is a freak of nature. If Pop had him in training camp, he would be best player in NBA under 6'8, and not even close. Two surgeries and he is still the second most athletic player in the league and probably in top 5 all time.

Cry Havoc
05-31-2014, 11:07 AM
Got to admit, we all would love him on our team.

Dude is a freak of nature. If Pop had him in training camp, he would be best player in NBA under 6'8, and not even close. Two surgeries and he is still the second most athletic player in the league and probably in top 5 all time.

Hell fucking no.

The first time he shoots my team out of a series because he thinks in his head that he's a godlike player who's better than Michael Jordan, I would be done with him.

Dude has all the athletic gifts possible and still hasn't learned how to become a competent floor general. And never will with the attitude he exudes. He seriously thinks he's invincible. I hate everything about Russel Westbrook and if he was on my team I would be seeing about getting a top 3 draft pick and a role player for him this season.

Amare was an athletic FREAK too. Dominated the game in so many ways. How many rings does he have?