PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments by Scott Brooks for Game 6 (Sefolosha for Perkins)

Gino-Step
05-29-2014, 11:56 PM
The best shot he's got is playing small. But he can't play Durant at the 4 cause Diaw will post him up too much. So he's got to put in Sefolosha to guard Diaw. This way he can keep Ibaka in the paint to guard Duncan or Splitter. The only move Spurs would have left to counter is to play without both Duncan and Splitter and have Diaw play Center. He's banking on Pop not making that move.

Scott Brooks starts:

Ibaka - Sefolosha - Durant - Jackson - Westbrook

vs.

Duncan - Diaw - Leonard - Green - Parker

benstanfield
05-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Sefalosha can't guard Diaw. OKC can't win playing small.

itzsoweezee
05-30-2014, 12:00 AM
If Brooks goes small, he's going to put in Butler for Perkins, not Sefolosha. I don't think that helps OKC because the Spurs could counter with Manu, Patty, or (hopefully not) Belinelli.

Mugen
05-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Any adjustment by Scotty to the SL is to the Spurs' favor going into Game 6. They'll play better at home, not much needs to be changed IMO

But Adams was absolutely abused by Manu in the PnR. I had no idea why he helped so high when Tiago was setting those picks.

cjw
05-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Sefalosha can't guard Diaw. OKC can't win playing small.

Thabo would matchup on Kawhi, though he's become so useless on offense I don't see them doing that. Caron or Adams are more likely to start.

freetiago
05-30-2014, 12:20 AM
hell still play Perkins but have a smaller leash on him
Ibaka has done a terrible job on Duncan defensively 1vs1
its always the weaksid blocks that mess him up

if Ibaka is the only big all you have to do is pick and roll him and hell be forced to defend away from the perimeter unless you want Parker dropping open mid range shots all day like the Blazer series
and then if the roll occurs its Durant who has to step up to stop Duncan which would put him in foul trouble since he cant stop him

T Park
05-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Ibaka commented after the game his calf is back to where it was in games 1,2. Thunder PR tried to spin....

cjw
05-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Ibaka commented after the game his calf is back to where it was in games 1,2. Thunder PR tried to spin....

Saw the Spears tweet on it, but nothing else yet. Could be lost in translation?

T Park
05-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Saw the Spears tweet on it, but nothing else yet. Could be lost in translation?

He speaks English so.....

DMC
05-31-2014, 01:12 AM
Here's OKC's adjustment:

Westbrook charging recklessly into the paint time and again at full speed and getting to the line over and over and over until finally someone steps to the side and RW dunks, then acts like he just won the NCAA championship. A side attraction will be Durant shooting 3's and also getting to the line on phantom fouls.

That's it and that's all. If Ibaka offers up some offense, that's a bonus.

dg7md
05-31-2014, 02:11 AM
Bonner will probably start again because he's a better shooter than Diaw to continue to hopefully have Ibaka leave the paint some. I think it's a solid strategy that I hope fairs better in OKC. I feel like we've got a good shot if we play anything like we did in game 5.

mudyez
05-31-2014, 02:25 AM

Yeah, just a desperate comment. I couldn't see even a tiny limp when Ibaka was in the game, but as soon as they fell behind and when he was off the court he startet limbing around.
What a fuck!

Splits
05-31-2014, 02:32 AM
Here's OKC's adjustment:

Westbrook charging recklessly into the paint time and again at full speed and getting to the line over and over and over until finally someone steps to the side and RW dunks, then acts like he just won the NCAA championship. A side attraction will be Durant shooting 3's and also getting to the line on phantom fouls.

Joseph Kony
05-31-2014, 02:54 AM
If Ibaka can't play like Games 3/4, Thunder are fucked. Methlahoma needs Durant/Westchimp to have big games while Ibaka plays like himself and a bench player to go off. Spurs keeping Diaw out there has really been a plus and if Thunder try to go small Duncan/Diaw will make whoever has Durant on him pay in the post. Sefolosha has no chance of guarding Diaw down low :lol

Splits
05-31-2014, 02:56 AM
If Ibaka can't play like Games 3/4, Thunder are fucked. Methlahoma needs Durant/Westchimp to have big games while Ibaka plays like himself and a bench player to go off. Spurs keeping Diaw out there has really been a plus and if Thunder try to go small Duncan/Diaw will make whoever has Durant on him pay in the post. Sefolosha has no chance of guarding Diaw down low :lol

What'd you do with those Nigerian school girls, tbh?

Joseph Kony
05-31-2014, 03:07 AM
I only get up in that n!gger boy booty son

JohnnyMax
05-31-2014, 06:18 AM
Sefolosha was too small to guard Lebron in the NBA finals. I doubt he could cover a bigger Diaw.

Strategic
05-31-2014, 06:48 AM
Biggest adjustment is take the day off to get Bonner's head pulled back out of his rusty ass. I'm used to the boy not hitting anything but no reason for him to play scared.

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2014, 07:00 AM
The fuck did his adjustments when he cried about the FT's after game 5.

Canibspur
05-31-2014, 07:01 AM

Well if he's being honest then Spurs would just go back to games 1 and 2 strategy and own the paint. They should be able to figure that out early. Like someone else said too though, that guy wasn't limping around at all during the game. Maybe he tweaked it but I never saw it.

DarrinS
05-31-2014, 07:22 AM
I think Brooks is counting on more FT at home. That dork has already mentioned free throws in several press conferences.

BillMc
05-31-2014, 07:27 AM
Here's OKC's adjustment:

I'm pretty sure that's Scotty's entire playbook. :)

ginobilized
05-31-2014, 08:04 AM
For Scott Brooks it needs to start with small manageable adjustments.

I think we see him go with a less ornate tie this time and a more conservative suit. I'm guessing white shirt, but, possibly off white.

Hopefully Pop wears the beige suit, which I think should one day hang from the rafters at the AT&T center.

spursparker9
05-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Brooks should put Ibaka on Duncan so that Ibaka can still block shots and help.

Put Perkins on Bonner to dare Bonner to drive the ball.

Knoxxx
05-31-2014, 08:13 AM
We can play Bonner/Diaw against Perkins/Ibaka suck on that OKC!

As far as the OP, Perkins and Sefolosha both suck. Matter of fact OKC has about 12 guys that suck, 3 guys that don't. Anyone else notice that?

BillMc
05-31-2014, 08:20 AM
I don't know how the rest of the roster will shake out, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks puts Ibaka on Duncan in Game 6 to keep him near the rim. Timmy's midrange hasn't been falling this year.

Perry Mason
05-31-2014, 08:50 AM
I don't know how the rest of the roster will shake out, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks puts Ibaka on Duncan in Game 6 to keep him near the rim. Timmy's midrange hasn't been falling this year.

And yet if you read the above and think about it, there are many issues with that strategy. Like the regular 1-5 pick and roll. Westbrook on Duncan? Ibaka pulled from the paint or gives up Parker mid-range jumpers all night?

rascal
05-31-2014, 09:10 AM
He has to get Lamb more minutes at home.

pgardn
05-31-2014, 09:20 AM
We can play Bonner/Diaw against Perkins/Ibaka suck on that OKC!

As far as the OP, Perkins and Sefolosha both suck. Matter of fact OKC has about 12 guys that suck, 3 guys that don't. Anyone else notice that?

Scotty's playground.
Role players are given the chance to really suck in his "system".

benstanfield
05-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Safalosha, Lamb, or Butler starting for Jackson. Their bench has been puke and Brooks would be an idiot to play KD/WB for ~22 minutes in the first half again, they've been gassed.

DarrinS
05-31-2014, 09:31 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Safalosha, Lamb, or Butler starting for Jackson. Their bench has been puke and Brooks would be an idiot to play KD/WB for ~22 minutes in the first half again, they've been gassed.

If our bench shows up, this will be over tonight, IMO.

poop
05-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Here's OKC's adjustment:Westbrook charging recklessly into the paint time and again at full speed and getting to the line over and over and over until finally someone steps to the side and RW dunks, then acts like he just won the NCAA championship. A side attraction will be Durant shooting 3's and also getting to the line on phantom fouls.That's it and that's all. If Ibaka offers up some offense, that's a bonus.Lol perfect summary of okc's game

T Park
05-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Brooks should put Ibaka on Duncan so that Ibaka can still block shots and help.

Put Perkins on Bonner to dare Bonner to drive the ball.

Ibaka doesn't have the lower body to hang with Duncan. Plus Duncan would just step out to 15 feet pulling him away. Pretty simple.

T Park
05-31-2014, 10:03 AM
He has to get Lamb more minutes at home.

Lakers aren't playing this series, nba forum is elsewhere...

T Park
05-31-2014, 10:04 AM

Sefolosha starting just starts the problems all over again.

Changing who starts at te two does nothing.

Also, Jackson clearly in the second quarter on was effected by that ankle.

myhc
05-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Agreed although I doubt you'll see Sefolosha again in this series. I can see him starting Butler and bringing Jackson off the bench.

BillMc
05-31-2014, 10:23 AM
And yet if you read the above and think about it, there are many issues with that strategy. Like the regular 1-5 pick and roll. Westbrook on Duncan? Ibaka pulled from the paint or gives up Parker mid-range jumpers all night?

Good points, Perry.

Horse
05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
AS long as there is only one big in the paint we're fine. We stay confident and aggressive it won't matter what they adjust. Also let crybaby and westbrick get theirs it take the others out of the game and as we've seen in game 1,2 and 5 they get tired out that way.