PDA

View Full Version : be ready for the most frustrating ref performance ever

testies
05-30-2014, 08:52 AM
I see 16 FTA for Chimp and 14 for Durant

Walton Buys Off Me
05-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Enough with the refs already....

You guys watch too many Oliver Stone movies.

We need to play with passion and purpose and execute like champions (easier said than done I know)

We've seen them do this before.

We've gone into Staples Center and beaten the 3 time champs like dogs in game 6 of the WCSF in 2003 (watch your championship DVD and count how many fouls were called on Kevin Willis in the first 90 seconds of the 4th quarter)

Champions win on the road in hostile environments...

Refs in the NBA aren't very good- totally agree. They are very influenced by the fans because unlike any other sport, there is no barrier between the game and the fans. Momentum dictates their calls...they suck. Stars also get calls. It's something that has always existed in the NBA since day 1 and unless Adam Silver overhauls the process of self-policing, it likely won't ever change.

But great teams overcome that and win regardless.

You think LeBron James would ever have 5 fouls in a playoff game in Miami? Zero chance...

Knoxxx
05-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Duncan is a start that doesn't get calls. Instead he gives piggyback rides and gets kicked in the nuts.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Who cares. If the Spurs lose game 6 they lose it.

The Spurs will more than likely win game 7. No way the Spurs lose at home, just like the Dallas series. Game 5 was the deciding game in this Series as I said at the outset. B/c I have the Spurs a 50% chance of winning at OKC in game 6. If they do, it will be just gravy. But I wouldn't be shocked the least bit if they lose.

Pop has figured out Brooks defensive scheme.

Ibaka, just go watch the Portland series and how it turned out when they strictly try to take away the paint. Do your roaming ass defense again and you are going to get burnt again.

“Now we have to choose what we are going to give them,” Ibaka said. “… Are we going to give them the paint or … ? But I am sure we are going to do a better job in the next game.”

Obstructed_View
05-30-2014, 09:14 AM
The Spurs allowed the officiating in games three and four to prevent them from playing defense, making shots, moving without the ball and avoiding turnovers. Not sure what part of that is the fault of the refs. Play your game at your tempo, and the refs can't possibly change the outcome.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2014, 10:59 AM
The Spurs allowed the officiating in games three and four to prevent them from playing defense, making shots, moving without the ball and avoiding turnovers. Not sure what part of that is the fault of the refs. Play your game at your tempo, and the refs can't possibly change the outcome.

Control what you can control and don't worry about what you can't. Spurs can control their aggression and urgency, which goes a long way to creating and avoiding turnovers and rebounding. If you do those things well, you have a chance.

Gervin44Silas13
05-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Pop said it best....the Refs are gonna call calls....play your game and execute.

kobyz
05-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Hopefully Just not Joey refs us until the end of the series, until the end of the playoff actually... We can't win important game with him, it's also that he hate us and also it's a psychological thing for our team after what happened with him in the past... I also think that in general the refs are against us all along this series, so i can't belive we taking this series...

TJastal
05-30-2014, 11:30 AM

We need to play with passion and purpose and execute like champions (easier said than done I know)

We've gone into Staples Center and beaten the 3 time champs like dogs in game 6 of the WCSF in 2003 (watch your championship DVD and count how many fouls were called on Kevin Willis in the first 90 seconds of the 4th quarter)

Refs in the NBA aren't very good- totally agree. They are very influenced by the fans because unlike any other sport, there is no barrier between the game and the fans. Momentum dictates their calls...they suck. Stars also get calls. It's something that has always existed in the NBA since day 1 and unless Adam Silver overhauls the process of self-policing, it likely won't ever change.

You think LeBron James would ever have 5 fouls in a playoff game in Miami? Zero chance...

I think everyone expects a few calls to go OKC's way, but too often in the past several years its gotten to the point of utter ridiculousness and people have the right to complain and point it out IMO.

Jenks
05-30-2014, 01:31 PM
In the 3rd? Because if that's the whole game in OKC, I think you have to sign up for that right now.

Dex
05-30-2014, 01:56 PM

Walton with the troof kabooms.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-30-2014, 02:00 PM

You can't possibly believe that. I don't think the refs have been much of a factor in the outcomes of the games in this series so far, but I can easily imagine a scenario where biased reffing influences the outcome of a game that's only won by a few points.

poeticism707
05-30-2014, 02:13 PM

You are really underselling the fix,

and how many food stamps will be

handed out.

Add 10 FTA to each,

so WestChurck can

"get 40" again,

and we'll be in the ballpark.

dbestpro
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
In every championship year the Spurs played with such purpose that even bad calls could not affect the game. If they are to win it all this year, it will be no different.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2014, 10:54 AM
You can't possibly believe that. I don't think the refs have been much of a factor in the outcomes of the games in this series so far, but I can easily imagine a scenario where biased reffing influences the outcome of a game that's only won by a few points.

Wake me when the Spurs play a perfect game that's decided by a bad call.