PDA

View Full Version : Mack to UT fans: No cell phones

j-6
08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2005/08/12/bc.fbc.texas.cellphones.ap/index.html

Wireless worries
Brown wants 'Horns fans to leave cell phones at home

AUSTIN (AP) -- Texas coach Mack Brown asked Longhorns fans to leave their cell phones at home after some fans used them to take pictures of injured wide receiver Jordan Shipley at practice.

Brown is worried the pictures could hit the Internet before the coaches have a chance to tell players' families about injuries.

"We can't have videos of practice and have people going home and putting it on the Internet," Brown said Thursday night.

Brown said he saw "way too many" fans getting shots of the injured player and warned practices might be closed to the public if the problems persists.

Shipley limped off the field after injuring his right hamstring. One of Texas' prized recruits in 2004, he missed last season with a knee injury suffered in preseason practice.

word
08-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I'd say the 'durability' rating of Jordan Shipley is about 0.

theMUHMEshow
08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
You have GOTTA be kidding me about this...God I fucking Hate Mack Brown!

2pac
08-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Brown is worried the pictures could hit the Internet before the coaches have a chance to tell players' families about injuries.

Im sure thats what Brown is worried about.

Horry For 3!
08-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Im sure thats what Brown is worried about.
It is.

hussker
09-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Mack Brown frequently leaves his brain at home...especially when travelling to Dallas during that Special Week in the Fall...