PDA

View Full Version : Spurs put that whoopin on OKC

cantthinkofanything
05-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Spurs got after it last night to restore all that's right in the world. Gotta take care of business in Game 6 tho. Do not want to see things come back to SA.

Even though it was a blow out, I still watched the whole damn thing to see if Spurs would win by 30 or not.

Only got to read half a chapter in Delta Blues. Just starting to learn about Son House more in depth. Pretty interesting character so far.

Avante
05-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Spurs got after it last night to restore all that's right in the world. Gotta take care of business in Game 6 tho. Do not want to see things come back to SA.

Even though it was a blow out, I still watched the whole damn thing to see if Spurs would win by 30 or not.

Only got to read half a chapter in Delta Blues. Just starting to learn about Son House more in depth. Pretty interesting character so far.

When we see blowouts it has nothing to do with ability, this is true in all sports. That is all about the mental aspects of things. I saw a lazy (why?) Thunder team last night. No idea why there were in that mind set but they were. (obviously not talking LSU vs Savannah State)

Just how fast could Westbrook run a 40, what..4.45? Did get tired of hearing about the Warriors coaching job.

Son House, Charley Patton and Tommy Johnson are the big three when it comes to the origins of them "recorded" Delta blues. Henry Sloan came before all of them (taught Patton) but he never was recorded, obviously there were many who played juke joints, whore houses, country balls who were never recorded.The great Mississippi Fred McDowell was born in 1904 and could have recorded in the 20's, but it wasn't until 1959 that we first heard this legend on record. He was recorded right there on his front porch.

Son House first recorded in 1930. he recorded a handful of tunes. Wouldn't record again until the early 40's. Then he didn't record again until the early 60's.

One of the classic recording is Son House and harmonica playerr Leroy Wiliams recording outside a country store, as they are playing here comes a train, wow!

cantthinkofanything
05-30-2014, 11:58 AM
When we see blowouts it has nothing to do with ability, this is true in all sports. That is all about the mental aspects of things. I saw a lazy (why?) Thunder team last night. No idea why there were in that mind set but they were. (obviously not talking LSU vs Savannah State)

It's all about desire and effort when you get to this level. Some x's and o's but giving 100% effort on D for a full game...not everyone is up to that mentally. Spurs are so deep that OKC doesn't get much of a break. How demoralizing must it be when...oh good, Tony Parker is going to the bench...time to take a break...who's this guy making threes? wait...someone cover Green...wait...who is this tall Frenchman...

Big Worm
05-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Show us a post where you said it would happen "before" the game started.

then you can talk $hit pat na

Avante
05-30-2014, 12:03 PM
It's all about desire and effort when you get to this level. Some x's and o's but giving 100% effort on D for a full game...not everyone is up to that mentally. Spurs are so deep that OKC doesn't get much of a break. How demoralizing must it be when...oh good, Tony Parker is going to the bench...time to take a break...who's this guy making threes? wait...someone cover Green...wait...who is this tall Frenchman...

What a weird series, and a perfect example of one team being more mentally prepared to play. I look for the Thunder to win game six. Then in game seven we should..FINALLY...see both teams mentally stoked.

But...neither team wil be beating the Heat.

cantthinkofanything
05-30-2014, 12:07 PM
What a weird series, and a perfect example of one team being more mentally prepared to play. I look for the Thunder to win game six. Then in game seven we should..FINALLY...see both teams mentally stoked.

But...neither team wil be beating the Heat.

OKC is going to choke under the pressure so unless the refs can find a way to bail them out, Spurs will win game 6. If they play the Heat, Spurs will win in 5.

Franklin
05-30-2014, 08:24 PM
Pop should consider giving Joseph meaningful minutes for game 6 against OKC as well as the upcoming series vs. Miami imho. Nigga is a real fighter and I have a feeling he would turn out to be our "Lincoln nigga" against Miami if such a chance is given. Joseph is way better than that Italian trash at least for this series he is.

DJR210
05-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Ctoa, you banned from upstairs like HasAIDS_Man?

cantthinkofanything
05-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Ctoa, you banned from upstairs like HasAIDS_Man?

No...but some of those guys don't know hoops.

DJR210
05-30-2014, 10:46 PM
No...but some of those guys don't know hoops.

and you didn't know this was track and field / blues forum down here?

cantthinkofanything
05-30-2014, 11:47 PM

Oh snap. I thought the NFL forum was for track and blues.

Avante
05-31-2014, 01:08 AM

Well I can also do....

movies
TV
Rock & Roll
Sci Fi
rasslin'
boxing
literature in general
music in general

What I don't like to do is ...

the dailey news
ask advice
sex
follow others around
enter threads just to bitch/act like a jerk

DJR210
05-31-2014, 01:13 AM
Well I can also do....

movies
TV
Rock & Roll
Sci Fi
rasslin'
boxing
literature in general
music in general

What I don't like to do is ...

the dailey news
ask advice
sex
follow others around
enter threads just to bitch/act like a jerk

:lol can't spell

Avante
05-31-2014, 01:30 AM
:lol can't spell

Who gives a fuck guy, I sure dont! Spelling, you're so hard up to bitch about something it's now spelling, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, what's with you, why this need to criticize every fucking thing I do? You relly this bored? Oh look I spelled really wrong.

DJR210
05-31-2014, 01:47 AM
Who gives a fuck guy, I sure dont! Spelling, you're so hard up to bitch about something it's now spelling, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, what's with you, why this need to criticize every fucking thing I do? You relly this bored? Oh look I spelled really wrong.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Strange Love
05-31-2014, 01:48 AM
Pop should consider giving Joseph meaningful minutes for game 6 against OKC as well as the upcoming series vs. Miami imho. Nigga is a real fighter and I have a feeling he would turn out to be our "Lincoln nigga" against Miami if such a chance is given. Joseph is way better than that Italian trash at least for this series he is.

True.

That little midget can ball. In garbage time he's the only one making shots after shots.

DMC
05-31-2014, 10:01 AM
jajajaja

sook
05-31-2014, 10:11 AM
Is this the new upstairs?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-31-2014, 10:53 AM
You guys do realize there is a private message, right?

cantthinkofanything
05-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Is this the new upstairs?

This is a level above the think tank.

xmas1997
05-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Another blowout by the Spurs tonight in OKC would be greatly appreciated IMHO.

Strange Love
05-31-2014, 10:43 PM
BOOM bitches

marini martini
05-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Ha! I knew they'd get it in OT! :toast

cantthinkofanything
06-01-2014, 05:39 AM
OKC is going to choke under the pressure so unless the refs can find a way to bail them out, Spurs will win game 6. If they play the Heat, Spurs will win in 5.

Yeah...boom bitches.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Close game. Thank God Manu didn't retire!

mouse
06-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Close game. Thank God Manu didn't retire!

According to the band wagon Fans in the Spurs forum he should have been traded years ago

xmas1997
06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
According to the band wagon Fans in the Spurs forum he should have been traded years ago

Idiots, every one of them.

Agloco
07-18-2014, 08:50 PM

Good stuff here!

Reck
07-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Except OKC didn't choke. They just got outplayed.

DMC
07-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Except OKC didn't choke. They just got outplayed.

Except they lost the closeout game at home... so yeah they choked.

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Except they lost the closeout game at home... so yeah they choked.

closeout game up 7 at the half and the opposing team without one of their bast players